#1 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello,

I am asking for all positive feedback here. No negatives desired. I am looking to hear people's feedback on which characters are exciting because of new 52 and what about the change has enhanced the character. Seeking to hear that perspective. Not looking to debate.

Go ahead please...

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally had no feelings toward Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, or Aquaman before the reboot, but now they're among my favorites.

#3 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes them exciting now?

#4 Posted by SupBatz (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably an obvious answer: but I say Vibe. I very much enjoy his new series. Unfortunately, its pretty low sales probably predicts iminent cancellation.

#5 Edited by fables87 (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, Batwoman, and Aquaman are the three I'm reading currently. Wonder Woman is the best though due to the fact it's an actually "reboot" unlike the other two were you need to read other stuff to get it fully.

#6 Posted by CheeseSticks (2484 posts) - - Show Bio

There's always Batman. But Green Arrow, Aquaman and Jason Todd (Red Hood) are definitely very good in the New 52.

#7 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, guys. I really wanted supporting reasons as to why the characters seem more exciting New 52 as opposed to pre-52.

Could some share supporting points. Again, this is not to knock anyone down. Just trying to understand the boost that came from 52.

#8 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman,The Flash,and Kyle Rayner

Aquaman:Loved the whole new take on the character and jhons discussing the infamous jokes about him in the first issue.

Flash:Barry Allen I don't know I just like him more than wally

Kyle Rayner:A white Lantern God damn it.The Entire Emotional spectrum how can you not be impressed and his team is awesome

#9 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

- Jason, Sinestro, Damian(deceased), Barry.

#10 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Captain Atom seem better. Aquaman needs more work or reboots.

#11 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

I find all the New 52 characters even more exciting than their pre-Flashpoint versions.

I think DC has decided that it's time for maturing.

#12 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Probably an obvious answer: but I say Vibe. I very much enjoy his new series. Unfortunately, its pretty low sales probably predicts iminent cancellation.

I don't know, personally, I was more excited about Vibe when he was dead and no where to be seen.

#13 Edited by SupBatz (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711 said:

@supbatz said:

I don't know, personally, I was more excited about Vibe when he was dead and no where to be seen.

I have absolutely no experience with him pre-Flashpoint so I can't really speak of that. But his series has been consistently interestig and he makes a pretty decent character in my book.

#14 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio
Did I mention I'm Latino?

@supbatz: Can't say I agree. I find his solo book boring and unoriginal and he has been an annoying addition to JSA.

#15 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

From Wildstorm, Grifter seems better but the alien villains were really boring. From Vertigo, Swamp Thing is also ok and should be the leader of a Vertigo team.

#16 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11637 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Agreed. Pre-52, I couldn't give a care for him. Now I'm quite fond of him because I gave him a try.

#17 Edited by sinestro_GL (3163 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro.

#18 Posted by gregroyj42 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

jason Todd- they examined his past and shed light on some of the issues making him vengeful.

Sinestro- They brought him back to the original concept, do good, protect, but how he does it is in the gray.

all of the Earth-2 cast. Hadn't read any of those characters minus Solomon Grundy but they have made it fast paced, fun, and deep.

#19 Edited by SupBatz (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711: It's not the best book in the world but I wouldn't call it boring. Nor would I call his role in the JLA pointless. He serves the purpose of being the down-to-earth human kid voice among all of the big, iconic heroes. While that's not the most original role in the world, it does have a purpose in a book like JLA. To each his own though. Judging from Vibe's sales you are certainly not the only person who's found him boring so I'm the minority here from what is seems. But I stand my ground regardless.

#20 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: It takes a lot of guts to admit you are one of the very few Vibe fans.