• 57 results
#1 Posted by Gizmorino (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there gonna be a kid green lantern. green lantern is the only big gun without a teen assistant

#2 Edited by Lordmulla (46 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. wonder woman has wonder girl, superman has superboy n supergirl, batman has robin/nightwing, j'onn has megan. D.C needs to bring in a teen green lantern.

#3 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Without a teen assistant... What about Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, and Aquaman? In other words: Any of the big guns who AREN'T Batman. Some of them have teens who have copied their motif, and aren't connected to them officially (in the New 52), but only Batman actually has a sidekick.

Aside from that, if you want a Kid Lantern, go read Justice League Beyond, or whatever it's called nowadays. There you go.

#4 Posted by Lordmulla (46 posts) - - Show Bio

i would want him in the big screen n i said wonder woman has wonder girl, besides there id kid flash n impulse for flash, aqualad or tempest superman has superboy. And about kid lantern he must not be a side kick.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

i would want him in the big screen n i said wonder woman has wonder girl, besides there id kid flash n impulse for flash, aqualad or tempest superman has superboy. And about kid lantern he must not be a side kick.

Except in the New 52, none of these people have any affiliation to their respective predecessors: Wonder Girl has no connection (thus far) to Diana, Kid Flash/Impulse, no connection to Barry, I don't even think there IS an Aqualad, and the Superboy's haven't had much of an interaction with Clark beyond a few moments conversation prior to a crisis.

#6 Posted by Lordmulla (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@lordmulla said:

Except in the New 52, none of these people have any affiliation to their respective predecessors: Wonder Girl has no connection (thus far) to Diana, Kid Flash/Impulse, no connection to Barry, I don't even think there IS an Aqualad, and the Superboy's haven't had much of an interaction with Clark beyond a few moments conversation prior to a crisis.

bart is related to barry, and the aqualad guy am sure he would come around soon, wondergirl she is still empowerd by zeus, superboy has his kryptonian blood

#7 Edited by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

bart is related to barry, and the aqualad guy am sure he would come around soon, wondergirl she is still empowerd by zeus, superboy has his kryptonian blood

None of that means they are, and I quote, their 'teen assistants'.

#8 Edited by Saren (25083 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@lordmulla said:

Wonder Girl and Kid Flash have both been "teen assistants" at different points of time.

#9 Posted by Lordmulla (46 posts) - - Show Bio

i

@jonsmith said:

@lordmulla said:

i dont mind if he is not a teen assistant he can take hal for a mentor. and also take a big hit in teen titans or young justice it would be fun "teen assistant" if that's what OP said i disagree

#10 Edited by Lordmulla (46 posts) - - Show Bio

well he can be a teen assistant but he would have to be his own hero like wally n dick. Besides most teen titans n young justice members were teen assistants to the big guns

#11 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure a ring would ever select a kid to defend the universe. It's sort of the one group of DC heroes that don't recruit themselves so to just give a kid a ring and call him lantern kid would seem very silly, plus he'd get killed in like 2 pages.

#12 Edited by Gizmorino (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure a ring would ever select a kid to defend the universe. It's sort of the one group of DC heroes that don't recruit themselves so to just give a kid a ring and call him lantern kid would seem very silly, plus he'd get killed in like 2 pages.

like all lanterns defend the universe......................Arisia is 13 years n she is succeeding he would be under someone sure all lantern recruit has some they are under even john stewart was under hal for sometime

#13 Posted by cbishop (7442 posts) - - Show Bio

None of my examples are part of the New 52, but for awhile, Arisia was a teenager, and was basically Hal's sidekick. There was a "Teen Lantern" in one of the DC Kids series at some point- I think it was LSH in the 31st Century. Jon Stewart empowered some kids (four or five, I think) with rings when he was on Mosaic.

What I'd rather see is the return of a teen Jade, who has the power within her. Giving one of the most powerful weapons in the universe to a teenager seems a little bit irresponsible for a group that call themselves Guardians of the Universe. The thing can split atoms for crying out loud.

#14 Edited by Saren (25083 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremehyperion said:

like all lanterns defend the universe......................Arisia is 13 years n she is succeeding he would be under someone sure all lantern recruit has some they are under even john stewart was under hal for sometime

Arisia is only 13 years old on Graxos IV. By human standards, she is over 240 years old. Her status quo was changed a long time ago.

#15 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

@gizmorino: Arisia was more due to her bloodline (and all of them being killed off), and John Stewart was again an adult. I don't see the rings choosing a kid just out of the blue (with no stipulations like arisia). it would not make any sense to put a child in that sort of position when in real life kids can't handle that stuff. doesn't seem logical to me. In general kid sidekicks still don't make much sense to me as they would in almost all situations on their own be demolished (no matter how cool their costume is).

#16 Posted by Gizmorino (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren: but as a kid she still have a kid mentality it might not be shown in the comic n the ring picks noy the guardian iirc

#17 Posted by Gizmorino (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

not all lanterns fight universal terror in green lantern animated series new recruit dont go on sector duty they dont even have sector yet

#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13637 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West was briefly "Teen Lantern" and wore a duplicate of Hal Jordan's ring. Hal also mentored his cousin "Air Wave", then there was Arisia who was a teenager whom Hal trained, and lastly we have the Secret whom Hal mentored during his time as the Spectre. As for the other earth GL's, John trained a group of teen GL's a while back and Guy befriended and somewhat mentored Jaime Reyes.

#19 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

GL is the only "Big Gun" without a "teen assistant?" The only member of the current JL that has a teen assistant is Batman. Every one else has no one. The rings wouldn't choose children to defend the universe from incredibly lethal threats. Green Lantern wouldn't bring a kid into the middle of a war zone. There really isn't a way this would work.

#20 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the closest Green Lantern ever got to a kid sidekick.

#22 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordmulla: Bart isn't related to Barry in the new 52.

#23 Edited by Denam_Pavel (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart Allen is no longer in anyway related to Barry Allen and Wonder Girl owes her powers to Trigon, being a granddaughter of Zeus gave her no superpowers whatsoever beyond slightly more compatability with magical objects then normal humans nor did her heritage inspire her to take up the cause. Batman no longer has a teen assistant and Superboy only sparingly plays that role for Superman. M'gan even in the old continuity never teamed up with Manhunter.

#24 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13637 posts) - - Show Bio

@denam_pavel: m'gann teamed up with J'onn once, during brightest day but I agree that she was in no way a sidekick.

#25 Posted by 2cool4fun (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

This is something I have ALWAYS wanted, they made a teen version for almost every one, even f-ing deathstroke, and yet they never thought of just giving some random ass teen a green lantern ring and making him a green lantern. It does not even have to be a "Green" lantern ring, it can be any other one.

What do we got? Hmm, Batman is the yellow lantern of sector 2814, Carol is the Star Saphire of Sector 2814, There are 3 red lanterns for sector 2814 ( will be 2 again after S girl leaves ), we are down to 3 green lanterns ( still not a fan of bazz ), the only white lantern is from sector 2814 & the only black lantern is also from sector 2814...guess the only things we now have left is orange, indigo or blue lantern.

Or just kill of bazz and give it to some teen girl. ( I would really like that, no more bazz, and first earth girl lantern )

#26 Posted by Outside_85 (10265 posts) - - Show Bio

There is Jade, which is the closest thing you will get to a Lantern sidekick.

#27 Posted by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

arisia , until she made herself an adult.

#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13637 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun: there have been several female earth lanterns. Anyway we are supposed to be getting Jenny Cruz soon.

#29 Posted by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

why the hell does a GL or any lantern need a sidekick ?

the rookies and some veteran GLs get blown to bits , you really thing any lantern corps is ok with a kid getting killed when it could have been prevented?

and there is the whole civilian life , hal was a pilot , john a architect ,etc

when is a HS kid going to take time away from school and be a lantern in space ?

some teen heroes are ok others are legacies so it makes sense they follow in their predecessors footsteps , otherwise they come off as annoying

#30 Posted by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the same as making a child a police officer.

#31 Edited by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa said:

why the hell does a GL or any lantern need a sidekick ?

the rookies and some veteran GLs get blown to bits , you really thing any lantern corps is ok with a kid getting killed when it could have been prevented?

and there is the whole civilian life , hal was a pilot , john a architect ,etc

when is a HS kid going to take time away from school and be a lantern in space ?

some teen heroes are ok others are legacies so it makes sense they follow in their predecessors footsteps , otherwise they come off as annoying

They could always have characters similar in a sense like Bunker. Or maybe a stay on earth lantern but overall a kid shouldn't be patrolling space fighting people like Sinestro or Atrocitus.

#32 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

why not make aya hal sidkick?

#33 Posted by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@lordmulla said:

I don't know where you're getting your info but Bart isn't even Bart anymore...he's Bar Tor...he has absolutely no relation to Barry anymore and Bart Allen is only an alias that was given to him in the future's form of witness protection....Wonder Girl is not empowered by Zeus....she's Lennox's daughter and her powers come from the armor that she wears

DC has no sidekicks anymore after Damian died....Tim is independent...Wonder Girl has never even met Wonder Woman...Superboy has only met and worked alongside Superman twice and he's dead now...and Bar has only met Barry once in passing

#34 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

Kid Lantern is Hal Jordan. Jordan was Sinestros and Kilowog's sidekick... so... yeah.

(+)

#35 Edited by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

why not make aya hal sidkick?

good god I was hoping beyond hope that Vendetti would introduce her into the comics...she's the thing I miss most about the animated series

#36 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13637 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I'd like that too. But Kilowog blew her and the interceptor up during WOTGLs.

#37 Edited by Teerack (7429 posts) - - Show Bio

Jade is the teenage lantern.

Kyle is also the same age as Nightwing and was a member of the teen titans back before the new 52 for a while.

#38 Edited by TheFirstLantern (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

weren't we supposed to get a female green lantern in forever evil? she could be a teen!

#39 Posted by sentryman555 (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah I'm mad at myself cause I can't find a screen shot of it but your thread reminded me of a scene in Teen Titans #6. The comic from 2003. In the issue the teen titans get mad at the JLA cause Wonder Woman tries to take Wonder girl off the team and so they fight. While John Stewart is fighting he says "And people wonder why there's no Teen Lantern?" It was one of my favorite scenes!

#40 Edited by RustyRoy (13915 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a space cop, why does he need a sidekick?

#41 Edited by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I'd like that too. But Kilowog blew her and the interceptor up during WOTGLs.

the wiki says that she was in issue 64 but looking through that issue I don't see her or the interceptor in it

#42 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@lordmulla said:

Bart is not related to Barry in the New 52. They're completely different blood lines.

#43 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13637 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: really now? Are you sure? There at least one image of it in the Interceptor and Aya galleries.

#44 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13637 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: also to clarify, Aya never makes a physical appearance. She was still in the interceptor's systems

#45 Posted by Joygirl (19952 posts) - - Show Bio

Jade and Arisia are the best you're gonna get.

#46 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the closest Green Lantern ever got to a kid sidekick.

There were also the group of kids that John gave low-level pseudo rings to on Mosaic World.

#47 Posted by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: really now? Are you sure? There at least one image of it in the Interceptor and Aya galleries.

the wiki has the wrong issue listed....the interceptor doesn't appear until issue 65 along with the Aya a.i. inside it

#48 Posted by kilowog52 (574 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see any reason why a kid can't be a Green Lantern. Yet there are so many other groups who have not had a representative in the Corps. No females. And no one who has been a citizen of a country other than the United States Though we finally got a Lantern with a different religious background in the form of Simon Baz. And the Red Lantern Corps had inducted two Earthlings, one Brttish, and Sex-Starr is a feline.

#49 Posted by Lordmulla (46 posts) - - Show Bio

you forget not all lanterns have a space sector[new recriut go under training][in animated series] and saying arisia is about 280 earth years does not matter Bcos there is a squirrel in the corp which would be about 5 earth years old. And if he gets a ring he can be stationed on earth n be under training in Oa till he his worthy n old enough to patrol a sector

#50 Posted by Poze11 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there gonna be a kid green lantern. green lantern is the only big gun without a teen assistant

I was wonder that myself.