#1 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the New 52 event, the only newsworthy events from DC have been the gay GL of Earth 2 and Supernan/Wonder Woman dating.

Think Kingdom Come was best take on Supes/WW relationship but maybe this one will bear untapped fruit.

In two years, have there been any significant milestones I've missed. Any Judas Contracts, Identity Crisis, bold & engaging new original characters( like Cyborg, Raven, Gaiman's version of Death, etc).

Any noteworthy milestones from DC I may have missed in the last couple of years?

#2 Posted by RDClip (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

killing off Damien I guess was a pretty big deal

#3 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian Wayne died. That was a pretty big deal.

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

killing off Damien I guess was a pretty big deal

Damian Wayne died. That was a pretty big deal.

Nice coincidence that we both used these same words to describe it. :)

#5 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing Damien was big compared to New Teen Titans Judas Contract or Identity Crisis? Was it even as big as the Death of Jason Todd?

I loved the character, but what made the event stand out and/or receive critical acclaim? His was this death of a Robin a milestone?

#6 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the Nu 52 is lacking...notable events so far. Its still fairly new, though. For all we know, the Trinity War will become the biggest DC arc ever.

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

I came in here expecting a thread about Icon, Static and the rest of the Milestone crew

#8 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

I came in here expecting a thread about Icon, Static and the rest of the Milestone crew

This, Tec-9 and the blood syndicate

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32616 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@joshmightbe said:

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: and now i must go find old episodes of Static Shock online to alieve my disapointment

#11 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@joshmightbe said:

glad i was not the only one lol

#12 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: no rolando texador there :(

dc be hating on minorities

#13 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

The question about the Milestone characters is a very good one, and it is worthy of its own topic. I seriously would love for one of you to post that topic. Seriously, DC's goal to be multicultural did not include the ethnic franchise it has at its disposal.

This topic I was wondering if the ground has been laid for a memorable tale that makes people outside of just the fan base sit up and take notice. Only offering was Damien which does not even seem to make much buzz in the Bat universe or define a change for Bats-- will he never have another son/Robin/sidekick? Would anyone bring him to justice for child endangerment. The death actually makes Bats look bad if it was truly followed through, especially since it is not his first child death on his watch.

Yet, this is not a shattering new development that affects the state of hero affairs.

#14 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Trinity War will spin out some big milestones or set up some big milestones for the future.

#15 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be the stone every mile but it may be off a few centimeters.