• 59 results
#51 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@arnoldoaad: I am not saying DC hasnt made a lot of stupid decisions but I just believe this would play out this way. DC is a publicly traded company, there is a chain of command and people to answer to, the answer when dealing with a website no one has ever hear of is to ignore it. There is no shortage of nerds with websites.

It seems far more likely that this is a drama queen at a website no one has ever heard of trying to make themselves sound important pretending they matter enough to have the second largest company conspire against them. That sounds far more realistic than this websites conspiracy theory.

#52 Edited by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711: just because you havent heard of this site doesnt make the site or the problem less important

I think is likely that there are people in comicvine that never heard of CBR or the B&B column, that doesnt mean that because of it the faut lies less on DC and more on CBR. not that im comparing the 2 sites.

my point is that this is exactly how DC has been rolling lately, so there is no reason to doubt that they didnt do this.

if this is not true then DC just needs to say that this isnt true and that their writers and artist can have interviews with this site, just like they did in the past.

#53 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@arnoldoaad: Yes, it does. If "less important" was a word, this non-issue would be the definition. If something that is likely an exaggeration, if it ever really happened at all, happened to a website that no one cares about and even less have hear of, while trying to offer what dozens of other websites already offer... it really is unimportant. Your post is the ultimate in spastic fanboy nonsense.

And you don't have a point, if you are affiliated with this unheard of website than say it. Otherwise why not keep your fantasy in the comic books instead of fantasizing about how you think the PR company for a publicly traded media company ...is rolling lately.

That last sentence is just so laughable, why doesnt DC say something about this unheard of website slandering them? Why not ask why hasnt DC left a post on this threat about the problem. Because if this joke of a website is even on their radar why humor such stupid whining with a response. They are smarter than I am, I was stupid enough to get involved in this nonsensical discussion of a non-event.

#54 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (661 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly dont see the big deal here > If i slagged you off satire or not then asked you for an interview how would you react? now be 100% honest

what most of you fail to see is DC doesn't have to give them anything to begin with

#55 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Good on them for letting this out. Why can't they? Noise about them deserving to be blacklisted due to less than stellar comments about DC's books as of late makes no sense to me. If DC will only give out interviews to websites and media outlets which give them raving reviews, then doesn't that make those some companies marketing tools?

It seems as if comic critics/reviewers are being bullied into cosying up to the Big Two -- if that really is the case, noise should be made by the fans. It clearly won't come from comic sites themselves.

#56 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5537 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711 DC did same thing to CBR and ended a regular column over bad pub. They're certainly not a fledgling site.

#57 Edited by Crucible248 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

DC in DC comics stands for Don't Care as in "don't care what the fans think"

#58 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I can sympathize with dc losing its sense of humor since it continues to lose market share and the 52 titles keep on suffering from reductions and dc is just printing less than 52 titles now. Maybe the next giant reboot will be called the New 5.

#59 Posted by tupiaz (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrgreenlantern said:

I honestly dont see the big deal here > If i slagged you off satire or not then asked you for an interview how would you react? now be 100% honest

what most of you fail to see is DC doesn't have to give them anything to begin with

Well if the industry was having real in depth media journalism (is that even a term?) like say the movie and music industry (I wont compare it to "real" journalism since it works a lot different both in topic and form. Even though you there are many similarities) yes I would. However since this is how the "media journalism" works in comics I'm not surprised. I think this is ONE of the reason comics is look down upon (the gaming industry has many of the same problem and is nothing new). I'm tried of boring interviews that is not more than pr. There are very few that goes deep and ask the question the editor, writer or company might not like. If there is to be a more artistic and respect about comics the industry has to take itself serious and that demands you can be an adult and deal with criticism. However I think this is pretty unlikely since it seems like the "real journalism" has take more inspiration from "media journalism" and now to get an interview with a politician you have to do a nice story.

As I see it banning journalist from media coverage because the don't write what you like is some that doesn't work to well with free press. IMO every journalist should have the same amount of time with an editor/writer or have the opportunity to do this. I'm very much against the hole exclusive interviews since it works like a monopoly on news which in theory should be for everyone. I know this would be hard to do in real life and probably only works in theory,

#60 Posted by tupiaz (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

I can sympathize with dc losing its sense of humor since it continues to lose market share and the 52 titles keep on suffering from reductions and dc is just printing less than 52 titles now. Maybe the next giant reboot will be called the New 5.

And they are all going to be Batman titles.