What the hell just happened?

• 53 results
Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why is the dc comics forum not on the popular wiki list?! The ultimate marvel forum is there instead. Is it just me?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

It's happening to everyone and I think it's really stupid. I understand that Ultimate Marvel is ending along with the Fantastic Four, but if you want to bump those two forums to the popular wiki boards, don't replace the DC forum for those, replace ones like Thor or Storm.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's one of the more popular boards at the moment. Once it passes DC will probably come back.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Who cares? DC will take back it's place eventually.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

It's ending so people want to chat aboot it

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously why is DC knocked off? Why not knock off Storm or Thor or Marvel? And why the hell is Storm on there to begin with? is it because she a double affirmative action case?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Calm down guys. Ultimate is there because its most popular at the moment. I don't think one person picks what boards go there, its decided by which board get the most traffic. DC is getting less traffic at the moment because ultimate is ending.

Also not sure why you want Thor and storm gone instead of DC. They are more popular right now too. DC will go back up eventually.

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its bull that dc only has 3 and marvel has 7 seriously?

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

It has to do with the amount of traffic. DC will be back soon. I do find it interesting how the Ultimates are up there on the top boards now even though it has, but only like 7 topics. Being a Fantastic Four fan I am happy to see the team get some traffic with the recent cancellation and the new *yuck* movie.

I also wonder about Thor. He just never really came off as a character that would be on the top. I expected Storm since she has a HUGE fanbase though I never really saw Thor that way. Though then again I stay out of battle forums.

Though give it time and DC will be back up there. Perhaps maybe create some new topics that aren't exactly about who is hotter or how we all feel about the New 52.

Try to get some traffic over to other characters. Some classic characters and teams are coming back in April. We can chat about that on the respected characters boards. Discuss history or character history. Try to educate each other about DC Comics. Something to make the board interesting and worth reading.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah :(

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there isn't much to talk about right now but it got replaced by Ultimates seriously?

@superbat420 said:

Always found that odd since people say that there is more Dc fans on CV.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Well there isn't much to talk about right now but it got replaced by Ultimates seriously?

@deathstroke52 said:

@superbat420 said:

Always found that odd since people say that there is more Dc fans on CV.

Yeah, kind of ironic.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It's happening to everyone and I think it's really stupid. I understand that Ultimate Marvel is ending along with the Fantastic Four, but if you want to bump those two forums to the popular wiki boards, don't replace the DC forum for those, replace ones like Thor or Storm.

They chance on their own based on views/posts...

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Calm down guys. Ultimate is there because its most popular at the moment. I don't think one person picks what boards go there, its decided by which board get the most traffic.DC is getting less traffic at the moment because ultimate is ending.

Also not sure why you want Thor and storm gone instead of DC. They are more popular right now too. DC will go back up eventually.

You are stating these as facts... are they?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CuddleBear

@jayc1324 said:

@cuddlebear: Yes I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

So its not a fact. If you look at the amount of DC's topics and views and comments I think you'll be less sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: That doesn't mean its not a fact, it just means that I am not sure if it is or isn't.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@cuddlebear: That doesn't mean its not a fact, it just means that I am not sure if it is or isn't.

I would agree that we are both not sure... but again compare the DC topics amount of topics, views and comments to that of Thor, Storm, Fantastic Four or Ultimate Marvel and you find GLARINGLY less amount of interest in them. I mean what do you base your claim on? Your trust in Comicvine's integrity?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't even know there was an Ultimate Marvel board...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: I just don't know why they would remove DC if its actually one of the most popular boards.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@teerack: I know, I remember explaining that concept to someone about a month ago....

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@cuddlebear: I just don't know why they would remove DC if its actually one of the most popular boards.

Ask them, but in my expierence they are too chicken$#%@ to respond.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ArkhamWrath

Right question is... Why is Storm in the popular wiki forums ?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought the way it worked was that it's the top 5 Marvel boards and the top 5 DC boards. But now it's 6 to Marvel and 4 to DC, and that's since the DC board went back on there.

Fair enough if it's to do with popularity, but surely then any new entries to the popular list should replace the least popular one. I doubt the DC board is less popular than Storm... Then again the Captain America board hasn't been seen since Storm showed up a few weeks ago so I guess there's no logic to anything. When the leader of the Avengers is less popular than a secondary X-Men character there's clearly a problem.

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 SC  Moderator

I believe its an automated process and to do with activity, but I am not sure about the specifics. Is it wiki page views? Amount of posts/replies? Threads viewed? I just know it changes a lot over time. Thor didn't use to be on that list until round the time of his announcement of becoming "unworthy" and a new female Thor, then he popped up. DC general will probably usually be up there, then you have to consider things like people creating DC orientated subjects and putting it in General instead of DC.

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought the way it worked was that it's the top 5 Marvel boards and the top 5 DC boards. But now it's 6 to Marvel and 4 to DC, and that's since the DC board went back on there.

Fair enough if it's to do with popularity, but surely then any new entries to the popular list should replace the least popular one. I doubt the DC board is less popular than Storm... Then again the Captain America board hasn't been seen since Storm showed up a few weeks ago so I guess there's no logic to anything. When the leader of the Avengers is less popular than a secondary X-Men character there's clearly a problem.

You guys are so childish,Stop taking slights at good characters.

Maybe if you weren't so worried about DC, and actually read Marvel,you'd know that Storm isn't just "A secondary character". She's the next most popular X-men after Wolverine, and she's been the field leader time and time again when Cyclops wasn't in position to do it.Even when he was the leader Storm was always second in command. Currently she's headmistress of the School. She IS one of the main X-men,and veteran characters of the franchise. Captain America just started to blow up within the past 3 years(because of the movies) He was practically a nobody.Now he's currently mainstream.

Storm is basically The X-men's WW,she's apart of their trinity. Don't be so immature you guys.There is a reason why she is so popular.

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamwrath:

Because she's bad ass.

Problem?

Anyways you guys whined and complained enough(about something so temporary for the most part) You're back on the list(albeit at the bottom)

It'll probably get knocked out the top wikis again once this thread dies down,lol

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@minisaladfresh said:

You guys are so childish,Stop taking slights at good characters.

Maybe if you weren't so worried about DC, and actually read Marvel,you'd know that Storm isn't just "A secondary character". She's the next most popular X-men after Wolverine, and she's been the field leader time and time again when Cyclops wasn't in position to do it.Even when he was the leader Storm was always second in command. Currently she's headmistress of the School. She IS one of the main X-men,and veteran characters of the franchise. Captain America just started to blow up within the past 3 years(because of the movies) He was practically a nobody.Now he's currently mainstream.

Storm is basically The X-men's WW,she's apart of their trinity. Don't be so immature you guys.There is a reason why she is so popular.

lol

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegoddess: Chill out. No disrespect to Storm, I love X-Men and Storm is a personal favourite. When I said "secondary" I just meant that she's not Cyclops or Wolverine. I know Storm is an important main character, but when someone says "X-Men" you think of Wolverine or Cyclops first right?

And surely you must agree that it's a little silly to have Storm on the popular list and not Captain America?

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamwrath:

Because she's bad ass.

Problem?

Anyways you guys whined and complained enough(about something so temporary for the most part) You're back on the list(albeit at the bottom)

It'll probably get knocked out the top wikis again once this thread dies down,lol

I got an idea! How about the 10 most popular wiki forums are featured. Instead of characters being featured because of whining, complain and double affirmative action. lolololololol

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ArkhamWrath

@darktimecop:

Its doesn't matter...

No Caption Provided

Is this done in defiance ?

In the popular wiki forums are and DC and Marvel characters... make at left side of that DC chars and on right of course Marvel chars... or diferent... on the top of lists let be DC and MARVEL... under that put 4 or 5 most visited chars of that universe...

At least it have to be sth like that...

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CuddleBear

Marvel's wiki forum is not as popular as DC. So now they take it off for Arrow. Now they don't seemed biased in favor of Marvel. I get what they are doing. Feature a forum when an episode of a tv show comes on or a trailer debuts, fine. Then drop something on the bottom rung like Storm.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MakkyD

DC comics have wikis for separate characters, ultimate marvel doesn't. Plus as someone said, general comic stuff that would be in this category would more likely be put in general discussion.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If one forum (tv show not some character or comic universe ) can get to be on popular wiki forums just because of some new posts in two threads ... then and Joker can get to be there... and he got today a few new posts :)

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just you.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ArkhamWrath

Someone don't like DC !!!

It's a miracle that is Batman still in the popular wiki forums :)

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa superman is on top now

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the Marvel forum even as popular as DC? It does not appear to be soooooo... What the H?

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MiniSaladFresh

I think @captain13 may be responsible for John Stewart replacing DC Comics in the popular forums list. Just a hunch...

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By vinomonster

DC Comics forum is now (again) on trending list.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4