#1 Posted by _Gaff_ (3386 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Nobody to raise him
  2. Raised by a pod of dolphins
  3. Raised by a family of Atlanteans
#2 Posted by Jphu8414 (3731 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Jor-El would at least have some guiding system into the rocket or something because if not the Earth is mostly ocean so there is bigger chance that he would land in the ocean and maybe even just die out there.

I like the idea of him being raise by Atlanteans, somebody should make a comic book about that lol

Online
#3 Posted by _Gaff_ (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphu8414 said:

I'm pretty sure Jor-El would at least have some guiding system into the rocket or something because if not the Earth is mostly ocean so there is bigger chance that he would land in the ocean and maybe even just die out there.

I like the idea of him being raise by Atlanteans, somebody should make a comic book about that lol

Yea, I would read that.

#4 Edited by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

For #1 He drowns.

For # 2 He becomes the most powerful dolphin-themed superhero.

For # 3 Aquaman would be Superman's bestest bud instead of Batman.

When Atlanteans go to war with the surface dwellers, we lose in a day. Arthur becomes Emperor of the Earth, and Superman becomes his right-hand man/bodyguard/general of the Atlantean army.

Okay I need that Elseworld story in my life right now.

#5 Posted by comicace3 (5296 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaff_ said:

@jphu8414 said:

I'm pretty sure Jor-El would at least have some guiding system into the rocket or something because if not the Earth is mostly ocean so there is bigger chance that he would land in the ocean and maybe even just die out there.

I like the idea of him being raise by Atlanteans, somebody should make a comic book about that lol

Yea, I would read that.

#6 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

Chances are he'd drown. He gets his power from the Earth's sun, which he wouldn't have been exposed to if his pod simply landed in the ocean. If drowning or the pressure didn't kill him, chances are that starvation would have. It'd be the equivalent of a human baby in a pod crashing into the ocean.

Though Superman being raised by Atlanteans does sound like a pretty cool Elseworlds story...I miss Elseworlds...

#7 Posted by Vitalius (1947 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7:

Probably they would more like brothers, they seem like they are at same age and also similiar powers. But how Superman would breath underwater. As baby, he wont have notion of his powers yet.

#8 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Chances are he'd drown. He gets his power from the Earth's sun, which he wouldn't have been exposed to if his pod simply landed in the ocean. If drowning or the pressure didn't kill him, chances are that starvation would have. It'd be the equivalent of a human baby in a pod crashing into the ocean.

Though Superman being raised by Atlanteans does sound like a pretty cool Elseworlds story...I miss Elseworlds...

Maybe the pod had a specially designed window, tube feeding, and took a couple years worth of trips around the Earth before it landed. When he lands, he lucks out, and the Atlanteans happen upon him almost immediately.

#9 Posted by Jayc1324 (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

He would drown and die

#10 Edited by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius: Yeah, that's why I said he'd drown in the first scenario. I'm assuming dolphins and Atlanteans found him in the other 2 scenarios.

#11 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Chances are he'd drown. He gets his power from the Earth's sun, which he wouldn't have been exposed to if his pod simply landed in the ocean. If drowning or the pressure didn't kill him, chances are that starvation would have. It'd be the equivalent of a human baby in a pod crashing into the ocean.

Though Superman being raised by Atlanteans does sound like a pretty cool Elseworlds story...I miss Elseworlds...

Maybe the pod had a specially designed window, tube feeding, and took a couple years worth of trips around the Earth before it landed. When he lands, he lucks out, and the Atlanteans happen upon him almost immediately.

I imagine that it does have some sort of "tube feeding" to sustain infant Superman until he reaches a host family. Not sure if a window would be practical, but who am I to say? As for the years worth of trips around the Earth, I don't think that would happen just because Superman is typically portrayed as an infant put in a pod to match his size when he leaves Krypton. Wouldn't want him to orbit the Earth several times only to outgrow his pod. Atlanteans finding him almost immediately after he crashes into the ocean is a reasonable assumption. Though I'm not sure that he would survive underwater unless he was given time to take in the sun's rays on the surface. All this is just speculation, of course.

#12 Posted by Experio (16031 posts) - - Show Bio

DC would be ruined

#13 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@marionettegeist said:

@supbatz said:

Chances are he'd drown. He gets his power from the Earth's sun, which he wouldn't have been exposed to if his pod simply landed in the ocean. If drowning or the pressure didn't kill him, chances are that starvation would have. It'd be the equivalent of a human baby in a pod crashing into the ocean.

Though Superman being raised by Atlanteans does sound like a pretty cool Elseworlds story...I miss Elseworlds...

Maybe the pod had a specially designed window, tube feeding, and took a couple years worth of trips around the Earth before it landed. When he lands, he lucks out, and the Atlanteans happen upon him almost immediately.

I imagine that it does have some sort of "tube feeding" to sustain infant Superman until he reaches a host family.

Yeah, I've never really been sure how that worked, or even how long he spent in space. Not really too far read up as far as Superman goes. Does it ever say?

Not sure if a window would be practical, but who am I to say?

Well, the ISS has windows (not glass, of course).

As for the years worth of trips around the Earth, I don't think that would happen just because Superman is typically portrayed as an infant put in a pod to match his size when he leaves Krypton. Wouldn't want him to orbit the Earth several times only to outgrow his pod.

True. The size of the pod would have to be changed for the story to work.

Atlanteans finding him almost immediately after he crashes into the ocean is a reasonable assumption. Though I'm not sure that he would survive underwater unless he was given time to take in the sun's rays on the surface. All this is just speculation, of course.

If the pod was able to orbit around Earth for a while, he would absorb plenty of the sun's rays through the window. I was working off of the assumption that that would be enough, but I honestly have no idea on this one.

#14 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

For #1 He drowns.

For # 2 He becomes the most powerful dolphin-themed superhero.

For # 3 Aquaman would be Superman's bestest bud instead of Batman.

When Atlanteans go to war with the surface dwellers, we lose in a day. Arthur becomes Emperor of the Earth, and Superman becomes his right-hand man/bodyguard/general of the Atlantean army.

Okay I need that Elseworld story in my life right now.

Unless they're Orm loyalists. In which case, Superfish would probably kill Arthur. He might even claim the throne for himself. Can't assume his parents would be anything like Martha and Jonathan.

#15 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: Well that would be an interesting story as well. I like the first premise better though. Couldn't stand another evil Superman story, and I'd like to see a fleshed-out relationship between Curry and Kent (although I guess he wouldn't be Clark Kent if he wasn't raised by ma and pa, huh?)

#16 Posted by _Gaff_ (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

We can bend the rules a little guys.

Red Son Spoiler

Red Son Superman wasn't even from Krypton.

#17 Edited by Vitalius (1947 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7:

But i still both like that idea.

Superman a alien that come to Earth after his planet Krypto was destroyed and landed on ocean where a family of dolphins. They raised and some years after dolphins send him to America where will learn to fit in along side the humans. And now Superman fight now for the america and dolphins values against evil. And at weekends, he does show for kids at the local aquapark to connect with dolphin origins.

#18 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius said:

@jaken7:

But i still both like that idea.

Superman a alien that come to Earth after his planet Krypto was destroyed and landed on ocean where a family of dolphins. They raised and some years after dolphins send him to America where will learn to fit in along side the humans. And now Superman fight now for the america and dolphins values against evil and weekends, he does show for kids at the local aquapark.

Dolphins don't like weekends?

#19 Edited by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaff_ said:

We can bend the rules a little guys.

Red Son Spoiler

Red Son Superman wasn't even from Krypton.

Yes he is...

...just one billions of years in the future

#20 Posted by Vitalius (1947 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7:

I meant that " and at weekends," i am going to correct that.

#21 Posted by _Gaff_ (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@_gaff_ said:

We can bend the rules a little guys.

Red Son Spoiler

Red Son Superman wasn't even from Krypton.

Yes he is...

...just one billions of years in the future

I don't think so friend. I can't provide a scan but this is taken straight from the book.

JOR-L : "I gave them firm substantiated evidence that Earth is on the brink of collapsing into our own sun and they tell me the planet's merely shifting its orbit."

#22 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaff_ said:

@jaken7 said:

@_gaff_ said:

We can bend the rules a little guys.

Red Son Spoiler

Red Son Superman wasn't even from Krypton.

Yes he is...

...just one billions of years in the future

I don't think so friend. I can't provide a scan but this is taken straight from the book.

JOR-L : "I gave them firm substantiated evidence that Earth is on the brink of collapsing into our own sun and they tell me the planet's merely shifting its orbit."

"Billions of years in the future, it is revealed that Earth is being torn apart by tidal stresses from the sun, which has become a red giant. Luthor's distant descendant, Jor-L, sends his infant son, Kal-L, rocketing back into the past. The final panels of the comic book depict the landing of Kal-L's timeship in a Ukrainian collective in 1938, effectively causing a predestination paradox."

I guess he's technically from Earth because his own descendant is still living on Earth and then sends himself back in time. Should still have originated from Krypton, it's just when the first rocket (from Krypton) was sent away, and then stuff happened, it created a time loop where a baby is always sent back in time, he grows up, stuff happens, then his descendant sends a baby back in time, he grows up, stuff happens, then his descendant sends a baby back in time, etc. Rinse and repeat, and that time loop never leaves Earth.

#23 Posted by Justthatkid (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

Ocean/Aquaman connections

Asorbed a lot of sunlight reason why he can breathe water..

Scenario 1) Lands in the coast of amnesty bay found by Tom Curry grows up with him and Arthur, Arthur leaves to find out about his mothers heritage. Struggles between Orm and Kal brothers.

Scenario 2) Raised in Atlantis been there before Arthur finds out about Atlantis. Considers Orm a brother instead, despises the surface.

Scenario 3) Prince of Persia route, someone tries to assassinate the king/queen blame goes to Kal who flees to try to clear his name while Arthur and Orm are after him for justice.

Would love a else world story plenty of possibilities

#24 Edited by name_already_chosen (176 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is the Silver Age or Bronze Age Superman, he wouldn't drown as a baby.

In at least some Silver Age stories, baby Superman began to develop his superpowers while entering the atmosphere in his rocketship, before he was exposed to sunlight.

The idea his powers developed slowly (and that he needed to breath) was part of the John Byrne reboot of our favorite Kryptonian male.

HOWEVER, if he were raised by Atlanteans and grew up swimming in the ocean waters, he would probably have no idea how to fly. His heat vision would probably be called "steam vision", and his freeze breath would probably resemble an anti-gravity power since ice floats to the surface (unless it's deep enough that ice can not actually form). He would also be seen as a mind-mute by the Atlanteans due to his lack of telepathy.

#25 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (777 posts) - - Show Bio

chances are he would be found by the people from Atlantis.

#26 Posted by Transformers1024 (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I REALLY like the story of him being raised in Atlantis. Although I have a feeling him and Aquaman would have a total Thor/Loki vibe to them.

#27 Edited by Justthatkid (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I REALLY like the story of him being raised in Atlantis. Although I have a feeling him and Aquaman would have a total Thor/Loki vibe to them.

New52 wise Arthur and Orm already have that vibe I think Arthur and Kal would be more like Prince of Persia.

#28 Posted by mogo1 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

The atlantean version sounds cool. Maybe they realize he can't breath under water and they build a suit for him. And since he lives on the bottom of the ocean he wouldn't be exposed to sunlight.

Also when he does go to the surface world he can't take off the suit because he is not acquainted to the pollution. Clark Curry would disobey his father and visit the surface world and fall in love and during his visits there is an alien invasion (mongol or brainiac or someone). Aquaman does not want to help the surface world and Clark goes in for the final fight discovering his powers as he battles (obviously he wouldn't be as strong at first due to lack of sunlight over the years)

#29 Posted by DianaXKal (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Awww, Superbaby :)

#30 Edited by Lightblaze (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Aquaman's parents would have save him lol.

#31 Edited by Justthatkid (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@mogo1 said:

The atlantean version sounds cool. Maybe they realize he can't breath under water and they build a suit for him. And since he lives on the bottom of the ocean he wouldn't be exposed to sunlight.

Also when he does go to the surface world he can't take off the suit because he is not acquainted to the pollution. Clark Curry would disobey his father and visit the surface world and fall in love and during his visits there is an alien invasion (mongol or brainiac or someone). Aquaman does not want to help the surface world and Clark goes in for the final fight discovering his powers as he battles (obviously he wouldn't be as strong at first due to lack of sunlight over the years)

Pretty sure Superman can breathe underwater.

A story could also include that he orbited around the sun before landing thus giving him yellow solar radiation exposure

#32 Posted by Knightfall225 (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

Can superman drown??? maybe as a baby....

#33 Posted by Bruxae (13883 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd be f*cked.

#34 Posted by darkman61288 (741 posts) - - Show Bio

He dies. Lex has no one to live for. Lois is Wonder Woman's love interest.

#35 Posted by Justthatkid (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: He shouldn't if adorned enough solar radiation before landing at sea.

#36 Edited by DatHomieSilverSurfer (223 posts) - - Show Bio

He would drown, his puny fetus eventually washing up on shore like the tiniest, saddest beached whale. A young child pokes the limp body with a stick, as the salt water has rotted Clark's skin, giving it the fluorescent visage a grandmothers veiny breasts. Eventually, it is devoured by aquatic life and carrion.

#37 Posted by DianaXKal (511 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by mogo1 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: I would think he could drown no matter what the age. Can he survive off just sunlight alone or does he need oxygen too? If he needs oxygen then he can drown like anybody else. it's just he can hold his breathe a Really long time

@Justthatkid: can't count the Golden age, they made up powers every other issue

#39 Posted by Justthatkid (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@mogo1: Well New52 I'd assume the solar radiation stays in his skin, fact that he lifted the planets weight for 5 days without sunlight.

There is also "SuperDoom" if you can consider his physiology making possible who was floating around in space for a while.

#40 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4273 posts) - - Show Bio

I would laugh my @ss off in scenario 1, just to see that happen- big ol' dramatic thing with his spaceship and stuff, and then just *splash*. Roll credits.

Scenario 2 would be even funnier.

Scenario 3 would be bad@ss.

#41 Posted by Jayc1324 (12278 posts) - - Show Bio

Still death

#42 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6338 posts) - - Show Bio

The Atlantis idea seems like a pretty badass Elseworld.

#43 Posted by Moonlighterstone (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Either he'll drown or saved by the Atlantis lol.

#44 Posted by Deathstroke52 (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman would find him.

#45 Posted by roaris87 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark Curry