#1 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems to me that March 2014 is going to be the next time we see a larger round of new #1 issues at DC. I'm not sure if they're renumbering JLA when they make it JLCanada but that's basically a new start there, plus Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato's new project starts in March. So my guess is that's when we'll begin seeing new series pop up. What would you guys like to see coming soon?

My personal picks/hopes: Green Lantern/Flash and Booster Gold (or Global Guardians which has apparently been teased/announced to include August General-In-Iron and Godiva from JLI but I somehow missed that announcement and I would assume Booster would be on that team as well)

#2 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Green Lantern/Flash

2. Static Shock (a guy can dream can't he?)

3. Shazam

#3 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

JSA(earth 2)

SHAZAM

CYBORG

Global Guardians

#4 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

my mystic ball is on the fritz. sorry.

#5 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam

Zatanna

Martian Manhunter

#6 Posted by comicbookfan93 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe a Shazam book, a Martian Manhunter book and I feel they might do something like an A.R.G.U.S. book

#7 Posted by MaccyD (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

Manapul and Buccellato's project is more than likely Shazam as they've expressed interest in it several times.

I think Lemire said in an interview that JLC wasn't going to be renumbered.

#8 Edited by Catsnlynne (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Earth 2 was the JSA. I would also like to see Green Lantern / Flash and Booster Gold or Booster Gold & Blue Beetle as long as Blue Beetle was Ted Kord.

#9 Posted by HeckTate (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcazt1996: I was under the impression that Booster may be a key figure in Justice League Canada, but maybe I heard that wrong.

Would like to see the Green Lantern/Flash, Shazam!, MM, would like a Trinity of Sin ongoing (essentially taking Pandora, the Question, and the Phantom Stranger and giving them a single book together with plot revolving more around their shared origin) Deadman (that's my pipe dream I know they won't not giving him another solo, I'll also second the call for Static while we're on pipe dreams).

#10 Posted by CheeseSticks (2479 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam/Sinestro team up book

#11 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Shazam

2. Martian Manhunter

3. Who Cares

#12 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty Sure Shazam is Manapul and Buccellato, while Martian Manhunter will be Johns. He is used either to start a book or to try to bring one to better quality in sales. Quick name one title DC feels like they should up sales for.

#13 Posted by Denam_Pavel (167 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Cyborg
  • Shazam
  • Red Robin
#14 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhh Shazam! makes a lot of sense. And I noticed that Johns is slowly doing less and less books. In December he is only doing Forever Evil and Justice League. So it's likely that in the aftermath of Forever Evil Johns will be picking up/starting at least one, if not two more books.

@flashknight: It doesn't REALLY matter, especially right now since it's a full three months until we even get the announcements, but I was just curious what you guys were thinking. :P

@hecktate: I hadn't heard that but I wouldn't mind it at all. The only character I've heard as definitely part of the series is Adam Strange (which I will admit that I am excited for). My guess is that the JLC team will sort of become the "Bwa-ha-ha" book, which they seriously need at least one book to be... Every single book (especially the JL books) has become way too cold and cynical lately, IMO.

#15 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Think either Captain Marvel or Martian Manhunter

#16 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter, Shazam!, Cyborg, and Global Guardians or Booster Gold (they seriously need to pick up on that Booster Gold storyline from JLI Annual 1) seem to be the most likely. Sadly, I'd want to buy almost all of those series. And my wallet can't take that.

#17 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistic books I'd like to see:

• Red Robin, Shazam!, Green Lantern/Flash, Martian Manhunter

Then...books I'd like to see but probably aren't even a thought in DC's mind:

• Something to do with all the JLI members (Loved that freaking book).
  • I'd like to see another book spawning out of the Earth-2 World.
  • A New Gods book perhaps staring Orior or Barda and Scott Free.
  • Black Lightening & Blue Devil.
  • The Outsiders (1st and 2nd Gen)/ Titans (2nd Gen)
  • Secret Six
#18 Edited by The Stegman (24448 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they make a Lobo series.

#19 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21878 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Green Lantern/Flash

2. Static Shock (a guy can dream can't he?)

3. Shazam

I concur

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Shazam
  • Booster Gold
  • Green Lantern/Flash
#21 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

• Secret Six

I think all of your realistic ones are pretty likely to come somewhere down the line, if not in March. But as for your the ones you want but are unlikely...they've said multiple times that August General-in-Iron and Godiva are going to be starting a new team in the Global Guardians and Booster obviously has something big going on for him behind-the-scenes (I recommend reading his 2 or 3 issue stint on All-Star Western if you haven't already). They have said that there is supposedly another Earth-2 based book in the works. Miracle and Barda have both been in Earth-2 off and on lately, and Orion has been in Wonder Woman for a good while, so I could see them making a series around them at some point. Black Lightning/Blue Devil would be interesting and unique. I'm sure it'd sell better than Vibe and all the other low-selling books so long as it's good some good creators on it. I read an idea the other day for a New 52 Titans series that would be fantastic (basically: Donna, Wally, and Tempest are all from Earth-8 (for some reason I haven't figured out yet) where all of their mid-20s hero friends are no longer around and are travelling the Multiverse and come to Earth-0/1/whatever the New 52 Earth is numbered and team up with Roy, Kori Jason, Dick, etc. and they become a team). And I would say Secret Six is unlikely because of the Suicide Squad stuff.

#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6917 posts) - - Show Bio

QUESTION!

#23 Posted by PapiNacho (2410 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm.. well Cyborg, Shazam, MM and Flash/Green Lantern obviously but I'll always hope that they revive JLI and make a Batman/Wonder Woman book. Other books that I'd be excited for but might not actually get would be Red Robin, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, the Question, ARGUS, Zatanna and the Spectre.

#24 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

@papinacho: Shazam has a good chance. Can't say the same for Cyborg though.

#25 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

QUESTION!

You mean THE Question? Like the character?

Hmmm.. well Cyborg, Shazam, MM and Flash/Green Lantern obviously but I'll always hope that they revive JLI and make a Batman/Wonder Woman book. Other books that I'd be excited for but might not actually get would be Red Robin, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, the Question, ARGUS, Zatanna and the Spectre.

I don't see why they don't just make a Trinity series.

As far as Spectre...have we even seen him in the New 52?

#26 Posted by PapiNacho (2410 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: To be fair I think it has a better chance than MM and Green Lantern/Flash and I still think both books are probable, they just started to build his rogues gallery after all. Would love for the Flash team to take on the team book and John's on Cyborg and Shazam.

#27 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg

Shazam

Manhunter

#28 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6917 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by AminoAcidMan (121 posts) - - Show Bio

i would really like to see Shazam written by Goeff Johns.

I don't really know but as long as it would have an awesome creative team

#31 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13181 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Earth 2 was the JSA. I would also like to see Green Lantern / Flash and Booster Gold or Booster Gold & Blue Beetle as long as Blue Beetle was Ted Kord.

Earth 2 focuses on the entirety of Earth 2 and not just the Justice Society

#32 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

i would really like to see Shazam written by Goeff Johns.

I don't really know but as long as it would have an awesome creative team

Geoff Johns and Gary Frank doing Shazam! as an ongoing is something I'd be totally on-board for. Since now he's only writing one ongoing series.

#33 Posted by Lvenger (20008 posts) - - Show Bio

• Secret Six

You've covered all the books I'd think and like to see in the New 52 and then some.

#34 Posted by Saren (25681 posts) - - Show Bio

Two new arrivals have been confirmed so far.

• Unnamed book by Manapul/Buccelato
  • Unnamed book by John Layman
#35 Posted by MaccyD (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

@madeinbangladesh: Nah, it'd have the much cooler title of Trinity Of Sin: Question!

#36 Posted by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Green Lantern/Flash

That's too good of an idea for them to actually make.

#37 Edited by Zadoulo (88 posts) - - Show Bio

The books I really want to be a series are:

1. Green Lantern/Green Arrow

2. Vigilante

3. Zantanna

#38 Posted by sinestro_GL (3160 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of the posts here leave me very optimistic :)

#39 Posted by RustyRoy (12769 posts) - - Show Bio

If Layman is leaving 'Tec then he should do a Question book, the street leveler version not the voodoo one.

#40 Edited by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

Zattana

The Question

GL/Flash ( Too smart of an idea for them )

Booster Gold ( same )

Titans, first get teen titans ( damn you new 52 )

Hawkman/Hawkwoman ( i just want a good hawkman comic ;_; )

some team up with green arrow ( maybe hawkman? )

Cassandra Cain getting a black bat comic, or replacing Babs G. as batgril

LOBO!!!!

#41 Posted by RobertCrawford7686 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

My hope is as follows...

1.) Shazam:aka:Captain Marvel(old concepts die hard w/me.

2.) Martian Manhunter(cuz he got a raw deal)

3.) Cyborg??? Didn't he already have a series during the first Nu52? My pick would the S&K version of "Sand Man".