Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment Announce Two Animated Series Based on Toy Lines

• 59 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's been some rumbling about this for some time. The logo of one was leaked out earlier and there's been a bit of speculation. I believe this became official last week but Warner Bros. just sent over a press release this morning.

No Caption Provided

Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), DC Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Animation today unveiled an unprecedented wave of content inspired by two of the company’s most successful toy lines developed in partnership with Mattel and Fisher-Price. Inspired by Mattel’s new toy line, Batman Unlimited will launch in 2015 with new made-for-video movies and shorts that will extend the play experience for kids. DC Super Friends, inspired by the Fisher-Price Imaginext toy line, will also offer original content as a series of shorts launching in spring of 2015. Bringing dimension to the action figures and playsets available in toy aisles globally, each program will engage millions of young fans around the world like never before.

Batman Unlimited will debut as a made-for-video animated movie entitled Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts that stars Batman alongside key Super Hero allies such as The Flash, Red Robin and Green Arrow, coming face to face with DC Comics Super-Villain, The Penguin, and never-before-seen cyber animals. The sequel is set to release the second half of 2015. Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts will be available on May 12, 2015 on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

“We are excited to continue to forge new ground with our long-time partners Mattel and Fisher-Price to build on the success of these popular toy lines by bringing the play pattern to life through this original content that we will be able to offer across multiple platforms,” said Brad Globe, President, Warner Bros. Consumer Products.

Adding to the slate of new Batman Unlimited content, Warner Bros. will release 22 stand-alone, two-minute shorts. Featuring additional story elements, the shorts will be available for fans to enjoy online for free on dedicated channels. Companion apps will also be produced for young fans to extend and develop their experience in an interactive new way.

“We are thrilled to be working with our Warner Bros., Mattel and Fisher-Price colleagues to create newBatman and DC Super Friends kids’ content,” stated DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson. “These new animated projects will offer all new Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman adventures that seamlessly jump from toybox to screen.”

Building upon Mattel’s hugely successful Batman toy line, the new Batman Unlimited content will bring a new wave of Mattel toys expanded under the banner of Batman Unlimited, including action figures with Animal Ally accessories, a newBatmobile, and the all-new CybeRex robot dinosaur, all featured in theBatman Unlimited content. Additionally, DC Comics master costume partner, Rubie’s Costumes, has signed on to support the new content with a line of inspired-by dress-up and costumes; and toymaker Thinkway will introduce new Batman Unlimited-themed role-play accessories. Batman Unlimited will also have a major QSR partner in 2015, with other key categories, such as apparel, to be announced at a later time.

“Our longstanding collaboration with WBCP has given Mattel the opportunity to engage fans of all ages with the very best in DC Comics Super Hero play,” said Doug Wadleigh, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Mattel Toy Box. “It is a true compliment that our evergreen DC Comics toy lines have inspired a whole new universe of storytelling that will dramatically expand kids’ imaginative play with their favorite Super Heroes.”

Also debuting in spring 2015,Warner Bros. Animation will release a slate of DC Super Friends animated shorts featuring designs inspired by the popular Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends toy line. The 15 three-minute shorts will extend the characters’ storylines for fans to enjoy online for free on dedicated channels. Accompanying the shorts will be the release of companion apps that offer young DC Comics fans the chance to advance the storyline and further engage with their favorite characters.

DC Super Friends content will build upon the existing world of Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friendstoys with an expansion of the toy line following the shorts. Exciting additions to the line include all-new playset environments seen in the shorts such as The Joker Laff Factory, as well as a new design of the fan-favorite Batcave, all of which will feature Imaginext’s interactive Power Pad, enabling kids to activate key features in the toy. Among other key categories to come, Publishing partners will also partake in the expanded universe of DC Super Friends storytelling with new titles.

No Caption Provided

Obviously these are geared towards younger viewers. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Younger viewers need something they can watch to learn to love the characters like we do. There is the concern over the characters not being portrayed as we might think they should. But it's not our call. It'd be nice to get a show geared towards comic readers but this could be entertaining.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

So we're getting more of this?

Loading Video...

The 15 three-minute shorts will extend the characters’ storylines for fans to enjoy online for free on dedicated channels.

It looks like these are aimed at the 3-5 crowd.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Okaaaaaaay....

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Meh

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By luciferjonez

Another abomination courtesy of Disspointing Comics (DC) and the ever slumping Mattel toys.

Avatar image for dadarkknight36310
dadarkknight36310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dadarkknight36310

Hey teen titans go! Is actually good and really funny, even though I would like a more serious DC cartoon like Young Justice to add to the mix. I guess that's what the animated direct to videos are for.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

I'm not a big fan of the Batman Unlimited designs but I do think it's interesting they're using Nightwing and Red Robin.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't they make a mature DC cartoon, especially since the movies are aimed to be darker than Marvel.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@g_man said:

I'm not a big fan of the Batman Unlimited designs but I do think it's interesting they're using Nightwing and Red Robin.

Yeah, it looks like they are focussing on the Bat-Family and the CW shows.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

R.i.p comic book cartoons. This is the last straw.

In all seriousness, lets see how this actually turns.

~MiB

Onin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want Young Justice back :/

Galathanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least they're using RR for this. I was worried that Tim got hit with middle child syndrome in terms of robins getting adapted to other media

Numbuh1Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more interested in the Superfriends than Unlimited. The art for Unlimited looks like trash.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh it's a kids show. Not everything can be aimed at me

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

not for me. call me when they make a justice league dark animated series. madame xanadu i choose you

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadarkknight36310:

I agree with you. When im home with nothing going on saturday afternoon i've sat down and watched teen titans go plenty of times.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

I love that they are adding green arrow and flash to the bat-team. This looks pretty fun.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

They keep putting batman's name on cartoons/games that are about more than 1 part of the DC universe :/

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By KritikalMassX

So these shows are geared for a younger audience.

And yet, people still complain about Marvel Universe...But let's just see how these play out.

RoastedRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys do realize these shows are in no way meant for us right? They are for small children which is good because stuff like this is what actually makes lifelong fans.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CrystalMaster

These look really kiddie, like, even more so then Batman The Brave and the Bold (which i liked), also the mere mention of the super friends just makes my skin crawl, Aquaman better get a good representation this time around.

I do like the bat logo

PsychoPinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These shows arent meant for us nerds/geeks but for the kid nerds/geeks

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Call me when Young Justice or an equivalent in announced.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

One looks alike love letter to Superfriends.

The other is another Batman show with Batman teaming up with heroes defeated evil again.

I will give a chance but to be fair i´mn´t enjoy so far.

DC Superheroes have all white characthers being too white.

The Batman show have cool designs but looks if they fuse Batman show and Batman the brave and the bold they would come with this Batman show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@captain13:

Yeah put Nightwing and Red Robin because Fanboys love them and put Green Arrow and The Flash so he can attract people who watch the shows of CW. Red Robin´s Bo Staff looks too big even Nigthwing´s Eskrima Sticks seems to be even smaller than his Bo Staff

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Ah man, I was hoping for a series based on JLA: Trappd in Time. Really think it could be great. Anyways, cool beans.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By dernman

Heh Hal instead of John

ugh Nightwing costume.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me an optimist. Maybe my 14 month old son will like it. It'll be a welcome change from some of the cartoons we watch now.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great to be a kid, so many projects out there for them to enjoy. But as an adult, especially one who grew up in the 80's and 90's...This sucks lol

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They took away Teen Titans in 2006 and then Young Justice in 2013. Now, we are being punished for wanting these shows back...

graftn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's obvious that this is aimed at like four year olds so I'm not too upset.

it's not like the new Young Justice or any of those good shows.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we're getting more of this?

Loading Video...

The 15 three-minute shorts will extend the characters’ storylines for fans to enjoy online for free on dedicated channels.

It looks like these are aimed at the 3-5 crowd.

Hawkman sounds like he shoulda been Batman..

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not too bad. Seeing as though most of DC's other outlets are geared for older audiences. The kids need some love too

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galathanos said:

At least they're using RR for this. I was worried that Tim got hit with middle child syndrome in terms of robins getting adapted to other media

Middle child syndro- what. Tim has been in two cartoon series already (Young Justice and Batman: The Animated Series)! You know who gets middle child syndrome? Jason Todd. He had one animated movie and he was dead in YJ. that's it. You wanna talk neglect, let's discuss Jason or Stephanie.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Batman Unlimited looks cool just based on the characters you can see in the image. Even if it's not a show for young adults it's good for them to incorporate the current gen of characters instead of focusing on just Batman and Robin. Personally I'm not loving those character designs a lot but it can all come together in the context of the show.

mikeg1965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mikeg1965

Ummmm' no.

LeaderVladimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Another Batman show? What about Superman?

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz said:

Call me when Young Justice or an equivalent in announced.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, what is up with the chin protectors?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomdercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: This doesn't mean the comic cartoons will die. This is for another target, that target (kids) will love them the same way we love The Super Friends when we were kids. Thats why we love comics so much. Imagine that all the time the comic cartoons are made for adults, the kids will keep seeing the pre school cartoons and they grow up and the nostalgia begin to kick in, the will want to remake those cartoons. That's an strategy, the same one that Pepsi did in the 80s and 90s. You are cultivating an audience. That doesn't mean that adult comic book cartoons will stop from being made. Thats a cycle.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahahahahahaha.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By laabitres

No young justice, no justice league tv show, but we get......this.....yay

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ParaChomp

0__0

An action cartoon?

runs towards the oasis

prays the water isn't polluted

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batman Unlimited characters designs are horrible. What were they thinking?

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got damnit, DC. Stop trying to sell stuff to 3 year olds!

I am right in front of you...with money!

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

As long as it's promoting Timothy, I'm cool with it

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh great! More stuff dumbed down for kids. Young Justice was a great cartoon with a great story and there was no reason why a three or four year old could not have enjoyed it just as much as we did. Who keeps thinking this trash is necessary? I for one object.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers