"Very Different, New Phase" New 52

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By batmannflash

http://www.newsarama.com/19569-geoff-johns-big-changes-in-forever-evil-leads-to-a-very-different-new-phase-new-52.html

According to Geoff Johns, Forever Evil will create some major changes. He says, "Come April, the DC Universe will be a very different place."

What do you think is going to happen? Predictions?

I'm honestly a little scared, considering that he had Flashpoint just a couple years ago. Hopefully this isn't a reboot or anything like that. Dang it, DC! It could also mean that the New 52 is gone and we're going Pre-52, but I doubt it. I also don't want to go back now that we've come this far.

Or maybe I'm just making it bigger than it actually is.

Thoughts?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Sounds.................. interesting.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Sounds vague.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Vague... I really hope they don't go back to Pre-52...

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batmannflash: i heard about this b4 if i remember correctly i think geoff or dan said when forever evil end part 1 is over so i guess he talking about part 2 of dc master plan may god have mercy on all of us lol

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: i heard about this b4 if i remember correctly i think geoff or dan said when forever evil end part 1 is over so i guess he talking about part 2 of dc master plan may god have mercy on all of us lol

They have a plan?!? I thought they were just winging it.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darknightspideyfanboy: lol I'm a little bit nervous on what this "Master Plan" is. Guess we'll just have to see in April!

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By 2cool4fun

Well we did see in the previews for 2014 that more & more new heroes will pop up while the JL's are considered "dead".

Plus that will go together with the whole "Batman 75th Anniversary" which might spring a Stephanie Brown book, honestly I'm just waiting for Cassandra Cain now.

Plus we will be getting a Lois Lane one shot, justice league 3000, and since this is the new "52" and we are way below 52 titles who knows what else we might get.

Btw people you have to much hate for the new 52, yes it did some bad things, but it also brought lots of great things, and new things, aren't you tired of the same old same old? I am interested in the Sups + WW, Nightwing in Chicago, Barbara being Batgirl again, Aquaman being a Boss, Kyle being a white lantern, Hal the leader of greens, Guy a red one, and John finally having his own book. Even Carol liking Kyle sounds interesting.And not only do we have fresh new versions of our heroes we get to explore a universe that has our heroes before the pre-52, the golden age time, before "crisis on infinite earths" made DC's first reboot.

But i will say I am kind of nervous for that phase 2, especially cause it's in APRIL could you chose a better month next time DC?

InkInk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they will start to incorporate aspects of the old universe. Characters people want to see will come back and maybe couples will return. Then again this is DC they do not think things threw maybe nothing will change then phase three of the new 52 will lead into another company wide reboot.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we did see in the previews for 2014 that more & more new heroes will pop up while the JL's are considered "dead".

Plus that will go together with the whole "Batman 75th Anniversary" which might spring a Stephanie Brown book, honestly I'm just waiting for Cassandra Cain now.

Plus we will be getting a Lois Lane one shot, justice league 3000, and since this is the new "52" and we are way below 52 titles who knows what else we might get.

Btw people you have to much hate for the new 52, yes it did some bad things, but it also brought lots of great things, and new things, aren't you tired of the same old same old? I am interested in the Sups + WW, Nightwing in Chicago, Barbara being Batgirl again, Aquaman being a Boss, Kyle being a white lantern, Hal the leader of greens, Guy a red one, and John finally having his own book. Even Carol liking Kyle sounds interesting.And not only do we have fresh new versions of our heroes we get to explore a universe that has our heroes before the pre-52, the golden age time, before "crisis on infinite earths" made DC's first reboot.

But i will say I am kind of nervous for that phase 2, especially cause it's in APRIL could you chose a better month next time DC?

Agreed.

I'm so excited for Stephanie Brown and hopefully Cassandra comes back too! I hope you're correct that "dead" characters are coming back, like Wally or Donna.

I have no problem with the New 52 at all!

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By tupiaz

Going back is to late and will just harm DC more. They have made the decision to do new 52 they have to stick with for a certain amount of time. For me it sounds a bit like a standard vague commentary. Often the universes goes back to their normal status quo after a event. Let us see whats happen hopefully we will get some new interesting books. Hopefully this means that the will let the event sink in let it have an aftermath and not just start a new event right away but wait two years or so with that.

InkInk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InkInk

@2cool4fun: Yeah you lost me with people should not hate the new 52. You forget that the new 52 got rid of many amazing things that DC used to have like fun and humor being in there books. Some of the changes have worked out well I love Wonder Woman's book and Aquaman's but many have failed horribly Harley Quinn's character is not recognizable to her fans, Superman's comics have changed back to the version of him being Sampson making him not likable. So many of these new relationships seem so forced Superman/Wonder Woman, Carol and Kyle (then again Vendetti's run has been average at best) Also these new relationships confuse the hell out of new readers. Do you know how many teenage girls came into the shop I work at when Man of Steel came out and were disappointed to learn Superman is not with Lois anymore? there was a lot.

Basically you are saying people should be happy with fresh and new takes on the characters doesn't matter if the new version are changed and not likable or they removed aspects of what made them special, We should be happy to have a new universe that has two years of history yet is more convoluted and new reader unfriendly then the old one.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inkink: You could also claim that it is the movies fault that it takes up an old relationship. Should the movie dictate it what the directions the comics should go? That would take a lot of creative freedom away from the artists. What is your solution to the new 52? Reboot again that would just confuse even more new readers. We got the new 52 and the best is to accept and then hope for the best and wait to time will fix most of it. Fans a screaming they are tried of origin stories when movies reboot and you should just jump right into it. When the comics do it and say a lot has happened in the past i might be as you know it and it might not. DC have done exactly what fans wants from movies reboots just with the comics. Over the years the characters will have more time more background stories will get in place more old characters will appear. You just have to do it nice, easy and slow you can drop all the information at once. People need to be more patient.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 2cool4fun

@inkink: To negative, besides, as G-man said it, this is for the long run, you just want everything right now. I think supergirl's is one of the biggest points to why the new 52 is not so bad, it gave the characters a much more 3D personality.

The No1 complain to all people about DC ( without the whole multy-verse confusion ) was that there characters where 2D unlike marvel's which was not true, but they were less...real. And while i actually enjoyed that, i don't think this is bad either. And it's only been 2 years, and to some that may be a lot, but these characters have been molded for years, you can't expect them to suddenly be better in 2 years. And you are also very attached to the old versions, and we will always have the old versions, now you just have to stop looking at the new ones as the characters that killed the ones you love, and start looking at them as the characters with the potential to be the ones you love.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 2cool4fun

I just want a Zattana, & The Question Book & I just want Andrew from "I. Vampire" to be in some book, any book!!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RustyRoy

Nothings major gonna happen, and they definitely won't reboot the universe for sure.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

meh

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't think they'll be going back for a few reasons

1. It would make no sense continuity wise

2. I don't see how they could explain it, Forever Evil isn't really a universe shattering event

3. It's a cop out and DC will lose a lot of respect

4. They've made their bed, they have to lay in it.

It's probably gonna mean new teams, new characters and roster changes..also, where the hell is Simon Baz??

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By cameron83

@2cool4fun said:

@inkink: To negative, besides, as G-man said it, this is for the long run, you just want everything right now. I think supergirl's is one of the biggest points to why the new 52 is not so bad, it gave the characters a much more 3D personality.

The No1 complain to all people about DC ( without the whole multy-verse confusion ) was that there characters where 2D unlike marvel's which was not true, but they were less...real. And while i actually enjoyed that, i don't think this is bad either. And it's only been 2 years, and to some that may be a lot, but these characters have been molded for years, you can't expect them to suddenly be better in 2 years. And you are also very attached to the old versions, and we will always have the old versions, now you just have to stop looking at the new ones as the characters that killed the ones you love, and start looking at them as the characters with the potential to be the ones you love.

Not really,I mean,in terms of Superman and Lois,it may happen in the long run,but for many other things in the new 52,it will never happen. And that whole thing about 2D and 3D is subjective. Some people consider many of the characters in the new 52 less unique and more 2D,and consider the opposite about the old universe,or vice versa.

The new 52 brought the end to SO many characters and teams and it's basically impossible to return them. For example,the Teen Titans. I mean,while I want new stories and a cleaner continuity (something the new 52 fails at miserably,although I don't think the old universe was better),it didn't have to change the essential qualities of characters and teams. I mean,look at how Young Justice does things and transitions the characters and teams so nicely and smoothly to the point that you can tell that it's a reinterpretation (especially for many of the characters,like Beast Boy),but at the same time it's familiar. And while the new 52 does succeed in that respect with some characters,it fails in general with many others.

@the_stegman said:

I don't think they'll be going back for a few reasons

1. It would make no sense continuity wise

2. I don't see how they could explain it, Forever Evil isn't really a universe shattering event

3. It's a cop out and DC will lose a lot of respect

4. They've made their bed, they have to lay in it.

It's probably gonna mean new teams, new characters and roster changes..also, where the hell is Simon Baz??

Too late.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 2cool4fun

The new 52 brought the end to SO many characters and teams and it's basically impossible to return them. For example,the Teen Titans. I mean,while I want new stories and a cleaner continuity (something the new 52 fails at miserably,although I don't think the old universe was better),it didn't have to change the essential qualities of characters and teams. I mean,look at how Young Justice does things and transitions the characters and teams so nicely and smoothly to the point that you can tell that it's a reinterpretation (especially for many of the characters,like Beast Boy),but at the same time it's familiar. And while the new 52 does succeed in that respect with some characters,it fails in general with many others.

2 words: Scott Lobdel

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

2 words: Scott Lobdel

That REALLY doesn't help your point at all. MY lord,he was actually the main guy I was thinking of when I wrote that.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Fine I agree that man alone destroys my whole point, but okay lets do this, name 3 title's that are still alive at the moment ( and not written by that moron ) and are bad.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Can't get worse.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't get worse.

Oh god now you've gone and jinxed us! It can ALWAYS get worse! Maybe Ann Nocenti will start writing Superman, and Scott Lobdell will be put on Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Superman and Wonder Woman's lovechild from the future kills everybody.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Marionettegeist

Superman and Wonder Woman's lovechild from the future kills everybody.

Except for Flash who has to go back in time to save them, but ends up changing the universe dramatically.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@dctv3363: Lol your right...I take it back I take it back.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This sounds like a retaliation to All-New Marvel Now....

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Fine I agree that man alone destroys my whole point, but okay lets do this, name 3 title's that are still alive at the moment ( and not written by that moron ) and are bad.

Why? It's not really the quality of certain books that puts me off (okay,it is,actually),it's the history of the universe itself.

Pandora

Green Team

Movement.

Katana

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I really hope this means Catwoman will get a new writer!! They've killed her character. And please just put Iris and Barry together, it's getting annoying now!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop living in the past, its still there, you can go back when you want to, but don't ruin the present.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

I really hope this means Catwoman will get a new writer!! They've killed her character. And please just put Iris and Barry together, it's getting annoying now!

I hope this means teen titans & superman get new writers...fucking Lobdel...

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol i like all of this except for Barbara being batgirl again which doesnt really bother me just wish they didnt cut out her time as Oracle. Also i think she should have moved on from Batgirl after she healed. She could have done something similar to Nightwing. He moved on from Robin, she should have too.

Also Carol liking Kyle doesnt sound like it is the case. Does she care for him yes but i think it is going to come out that she loves him like a brother or something.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope it really is big, though what i, and most people want from dc is (im a marvel btw)

==========================================================

WALLY WEST

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

yessss someone finally said it! I've been waiting for Barry and Iris forever