#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Check these out. One looks incredible the other.....well what did you expect?

#2 Posted by toplel (738 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot this Wednesday was Unchained time. Kewl. And I see Superman continues to be shitty.

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel said:

I forgot this Wednesday was Unchained time. Kewl. And I see Superman continues to be shitty.

its just sad at this point

#4 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

So Superman is wearing his normal "Clark" clothes and WW is just hanging out in her swimsuit uniform? Dude, come on now. Even if the point of that is to up the eye-candy, there are more sensible ways to do that.

#5 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

What absolutely terrible scripting from Lobdell. And I can't believe he continues to demean Lois by giving her mental and astral abilities. That goes against the nature of what Lois stands for, an independent, resourceful and capable woman who doesn't need superpowers. It shows yet again that Lobdell doesn't understand the characters he's writing. Still, from what I briefly skimmed through in the Unchained preview, Snyder and Lee seem to be delivering another curve ball in their current storyline. I'm looking forward to Wraith's mind games on Superman and their clash with Ascension.

#6 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

What absolutely terrible scripting from Lobdell. And I can't believe he continues to demean Lois by giving her mental and astral abilities. That goes against the nature of what Lois stands for, an independent, resourceful and capable woman who doesn't need superpowers. It shows yet again that Lobdell doesn't understand the characters he's writing. Still, from what I briefly skimmed through in the Unchained preview, Snyder and Lee seem to be delivering another curve ball in their current storyline. I'm looking forward to Wraith's mind games on Superman and their clash with Ascension.

lobdell is butchering my favorite characters and it sucks

#7 Edited by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@lvenger said:

Preaching to the choir man. If only DC were listening...

#8 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@sog7dc said:

@lvenger said:

and the shameless innuendo....they havent been together long enough to be "in love".....damn dc

#9 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@lvenger said:

@sog7dc said:

@lvenger said:

and the shameless innuendo....they havent been together long enough to be "in love".....damn dc

Hell even Lobdell writes the Superman/Lois scenes with more chemistry and actual believability to them. That's saying something when a rubbish writer writes one thing more convincingly than the other.

#10 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: i wouldn't worry about lois power it obvious she well be losing them soon parasite is showing up after all

#11 Posted by SanoHibiki (939 posts) - - Show Bio

Through I am somewhat disappointed in S Unchained; still, Lee’s art makes it totally worth waiting. Looking forward to it.

Lobdell at his best… Guy can create interesting plotlines, through his dialogues are lacking something. Bah, there whole bunch of Super’s authors who were worse anyway...

But, for Rao’s sake, Clark’s interactions with both Diana and Lois (when written by Lobdell) are simply atrocious! That my main point against Scott.

I wouldn’t be too much worried about super-powered Lois. Parasite will suck her dry soon enough out of it.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: it lobdell he does some pointless stuff for example making Diana look jealous and stuck up for no reason at all

#14 Edited by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: Yeah that irked me to no end. Diana deserves better than to be someone's jealous and needy girlfriend. Ugh what was Lobdell thinking?

#15 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:dont know man it was one of my fear of superman/WW relationship that they were going to make Diana act like this gladly it hasn't happen in there team up book and hopefully it wont

#16 Posted by darkman61288 (673 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: Superman acted similarly to Steve Trevor in Sm/WW. He was cold to him. Well see how Diana acts to Lois in that book.

@lvenger I think the decision was made by the higher-ups or he just hates the SM/WW romance.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: I think he may have expressed support for it before in some interview but I can't recall where that comment was specifically made.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by SanoHibiki (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

And I can't believe he continues to demean Lois by giving her mental and astral abilities. That goes against the nature of what Lois stands for, an independent, resourceful and capable woman who doesn't need superpowers.

I read somewhere that originally this was supposed to be part of Jon Lane Kent’s origin. Apparently his power-set comes not from being just pure Human-Kryptonian, but Metahuman- Kryptonian hybrid. Recent “Superboy” issue can be seen as indirect confirmation of this. Then in some interview were said that timeline which lead to Clark-Lois marriage and then to conceive of Jon, were changed, through exact reasons for it are unknown. Now whole Meta-Lois is probably just some plotline character bending.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki: So now Lois is a potential metahuman? Ter-freaking-rific.

#21 Posted by SanoHibiki (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

Unless DC will decide to keep this superpowered Lois around, this her Meta-quality will be dealt with soon enough; besides, that all happening only in Superman title, in S Unchained and SM/WW titles Lois will be in her “normal human” mode, I think that Pak as well promised to use in future AC classic Lois.

#22 Posted by darkman61288 (673 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: In Forever Evil she is powerless so I think it ends soon.

#23 Edited by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: @sanohibiki: Isn't that why Parasite is in this issue? To conviniently remove Lois' astral powers and restore the canon back to how it was so that it's suited for Forever Evil?

#24 Posted by SanoHibiki (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

In all others Superman-related titles (and in her oneshot issue as well) Lois is going be classic human herself version, so, I guess, all those psychic powers would sucked out of her by Parasite in approximately next 3 “Superman” issues IMO.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki: As I thought, a wasted PR stunt with no long lasting consequence or meaning to it.