Should I read the Injustice comics?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Lately, I`ve been wanting to read comics from DC but I don`t know where to start (besides Batsy). People say New 52 sucks, and I understand why from All Star Batman and Robin. And I don`t know where to start from the older comics either. So I looked at Injustice and thought, "Hey, this has so many DC characters in it, why don`t I read this?" But I`m not sure if I should. I haven`t played the video game either.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lately, I`ve been wanting to read comics from DC but I don`t know where to start. People say New 52 sucks, and I understand why from All Star Batman and Robin. And I don`t know where to start from the older comics either. So I looked at Injustice and thought, "Hey, this has so many DC characters in it, why don`t I read this?" But I`m not sure if I should. I haven`t played the video game either.

What are you referring to in particular? ASBAR isn't New 52. The New 52 doesn't suck, it's just that many of the older fans feel angry/betrayed/etc. that they started over and changed things that they like. Are there any characters that interest you in particular? I personally don't like the Injustice story, but the game I did enjoy. I'm sure it's a decent comic, though.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are you referring to in particular? ASBAR isn't New 52. The New 52 doesn't suck, it's just that many of the older fans feel angry/betrayed/etc. that they started over and changed things that they like.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

@symbioticspider-man:There are a lot of good reads in the New 52, if you want a comic with a lot of characters in it, I would start with the Geoff Johns run on the JL. And Justice League Dark as well.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I've heard many good things about the comic

Dro77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

go for it

Gloombot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno where you heard about the New 52, but I'm loving it. I'm currently reading JL, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman + Robin, Red Hood and the Outlaws, and Action Comics, and pretty much having a blast. The only thing that has sort of bugged me was the switch in art from Vol 3 --> 4 for Red Hood, but I like the new writing and the art seemed to get better as the issues went on.

I've been interested in Injustice too but I think I'd want to play the game first for some reason.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaraZor-el

Nah, youre not missing out. Plus its not even canon. Save your money and pickup something less trendy like swamo thing maybe.