#1 Edited by madsvogel (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Red Robin worth reading? I really love Dick Grayson and Damian and read as much of them as I can but I'm thinking of trying out Tim to see if I like him too.

#2 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

@madsvogel: Yes! It's the second best Bat family (non Batman) title ever, behind Steph's Batgirl, in my opinion. It's a great title that you should definitely read

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13613 posts) - - Show Bio

its great

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7931 posts) - - Show Bio

It's f###ing awesome. After reading it, it'll make you want to cry because of how poorly mishandled he currently is.

#5 Posted by tec79 (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Good read, it is a shame what the New 52 has done to the character.

#6 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (477 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it the issues where aswome and the story arcs wgere really great

#7 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (477 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it the issues where aswome and the story arcs where really great

#8 Edited by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Great comic

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

It's such a shame it was only like 20 something issues. It's an amazing series. I suggest starting with his original Robin series thought so you get a true feel of how amazing Tim Drake is.

#10 Posted by madsvogel (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: okay thanks! if i were to start with his robin series what issues are worth reading? cuz it's a 16 year series...

#11 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, despite the terrible name (and costume), it's an excellent series where Tim comes into his own.

The early Robin stuff with Tim was good too and spent a lot of time with him just being a kid. Scenes of him playing D&D and stuff. That started with some mini-series that eventually became an ongoing.

Then the Johns era Teen Titans kind of took over the character, which was also good, and then Red Robin. Then the revamp and awww.

Honestly, I'd just check the character's appearances and start with anything that has Robin in the title, moving forward from there.

#12 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: okay thanks! if i were to start with his robin series what issues are worth reading? cuz it's a 16 year series...

start with Robin #168...that's the beginning of One Year Later and the fallout of Infinite Crisis but it's really the start of the Red Robin series where you see him grow to where he is at the beginning of Red Robin...plus there are a few plot points that are introduced from 168 forward that carry over to the Red Robin series

someone said above that it's one of the best Batman books along side Stephanie Brown's Batgirl series and I've got to agree...definitely one of my all time favorite books and if you do get a chance to check out Steph's Batgirl then I would highly recommend it...plus the two books do crossover for a few issues

#14 Edited by longbowhunter (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it was really good. To echo everyone here checkout the Chuck Dixon stuff too.

#15 Posted by The Stegman (25961 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely worth reading.