#2 Posted by youknowwhattodo (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

I might be in the minority in saying that I can see him playing Lex Luthor.

#3 Posted by JetiiMitra (8621 posts) - - Show Bio

It was posted on the official Man of Steel page. Gotta be true.

#4 Posted by toplel (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremy Irons as Alfred is enough to get me on board. Well played, WB.

#5 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt he way to young for lex? i rarely complain about casting but i just cant see him as luthor. now as far as the alfred casting. im fine with it

#6 Edited by Oscars94 (2508 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he going to be bald? Or will he have hair like Gene Hackman?

#7 Edited by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...if they were going for that kind've Lex they might as well of just casted Rosenbaum. I'll give him a shot though, I guess...I'm sick of complaining.

Now Jeremy Irons as Alfred? Well freakin played, DC.

#8 Edited by reaverlation (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@commander_kane said:

Sigh...if they were going for that kind've Lex they might as well of just casted Rosenbaum. I'll give him a shot though, I guess...I'm sick of complaining.

Now Jeremy Irons as Alfred? Well freakin played, DC.

im fine with irons as alfred. that is brilliant actually. as far as the other guy sadly i dont know much about him but ill give him a shot. i wouldve prefered jimmy smits as lex luthor actually

#10 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: I'm witH ya! A young billionaire wHo Hates tHis godlike extraterrestrial getting praise, sounds interesting.

I keep tHinking about WatXM witH tHe Hell Fire Club is now a buncH of powerful ricH brats.

June'sVeryOwn

#11 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i will leave this here

#12 Edited by ganon15 (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel said:

Jeremy Irons as Alfred is enough to get me on board. Well played, WB.

Now if only they got Clancy Brown or Bryan Cranston to play Lex

#13 Posted by gor724 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt he way to young for lex? i rarely complain about casting but i just cant see him as luthor. now as far as the alfred casting. im fine with it

He's just a few years younger than Henry Cavil.

#14 Posted by Oscars94 (2508 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Strider92 (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently its legit.

#16 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: Eisenberg actually looks good in tHat PHotosHopped picture.

*InB4DaLock*

June'sVeryOwn

#17 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

you know i have to say for this guy to win the role and competing against a guy like cranston phoniex and mark strong says something. now before people take my head off maybe the reason why cranston didnt get it is simply because maybe snyder is going for a different lex luthor because lets say cranston did get it wouldnt he just be the same guy from breaking bad? id also like to point out i tried watching breaking bad and it wasnt my thing but cranston has been acting for a long time and would he be this hyped if he just came off malcom in the middle? im not knocking the guy but i think a lot of the hype around him stems from breaking bad.

#18 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#19 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4387 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724 said:

@tazzmission said:

They're both 30.

#20 Edited by ChiSoxRox (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew Facebook wanted to take over the world.

#21 Posted by toplel (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: They probably mistook Heisenberg for Eisenberg. I wouldn't put it past them.

#22 Posted by RustyRoy (12677 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe they went from actors like Cranston and Phoenix to Eisenberg. At least I can hope that Cranston will be up for Gordon.

#23 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724 said:

@tazzmission said:

They're both 30.

i looked up cavill and wow i thought he was mid 30's

#24 Edited by flameboy298 (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Can't believe they went from actors like Cranston and Phoenix to Eisenberg. At least I can hope that Cranston will be up for Gordon.

Man I can't tell you how bad I wanted Cranston in this movie!!! Im starting to think maybe it has something to do with the cost of getting these great actors to play these roles.I remember RDJ asking or doing Iron Man 3 for like 50M or something like that,If thats not it idk what else.

#25 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i will leave this here and maybe you guys can shed some opinions on this

my dream cast for a batman superman wonder woman film titled the trinity

jon hamm or manu bennet for batman

henry cavill for superman

maggie siff or jennifer lawrence for wonder woman

jeremy irons for alfred

christopher eccleston for lex luthor

benedict cumberbatch as the mokap and voice for metallo

C. C. H. Pounder for amanda waller

#26 Posted by RustyRoy (12677 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: I think Cumberbatch would've been perfect for Luthor.

i will leave this here

Now that's scary.

#27 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Oscars94 (2508 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

It's true and we're getting a new take on the character. Now just wait for the film to come out for any judgments.

#30 Edited by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: THat video made me more excited to see Eisenberg as LutHor. GOD I CANNOT Wait to see, all tHe van wagons get filled up wHen Eisenberg proves all tHe nay sayers wrong.

Eisenberg Has me excited for tHe BS movie for tHe first time, I actually want to see tHis movie wHen it comes out.

-ABstract4$$#073-

#31 Edited by Transformers1024 (1896 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremy Irons is going to nail the role of Alfred. I'm excited to see him in the role! As far as Lex and Batman go, they seriously need to get re-casted.

#32 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#33 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish this wasn't true.

#35 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by r2datu (659 posts) - - Show Bio

you know i have to say for this guy to win the role and competing against a guy like cranston phoniex and mark strong says something. now before people take my head off maybe the reason why cranston didnt get it is simply because maybe snyder is going for a different lex luthor because lets say cranston did get it wouldnt he just be the same guy from breaking bad? id also like to point out i tried watching breaking bad and it wasnt my thing but cranston has been acting for a long time and would he be this hyped if he just came off malcom in the middle? im not knocking the guy but i think a lot of the hype around him stems from breaking bad.

Well, duh. Actors get hype from good roles.

#37 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@r2datu said:

@tazzmission said:

Well, duh. Actors get hype from good roles.

that dosent mean every movie goer wants to see him. same with nathan fillion. yea the man is a great actor but he stared on a show that got cancelled 11 or 12 years ago and yet till this day despite fans demanding him to be in a marvel or dc cinematic universe and yet nothing . just because a person is popular now with a small tv crowd dosent mean there 100% demanded by studios. i know this may sound hypocritical but jennifer lawrence has a better chance in a dc movie over those 2 because the hunger game franchise has banked a lot of money as well as the xmen franchise. your talking about 2 fan favorites from a tv show against a billion dollar movie franchise.

not everyone watches breaking bad