New BvS art

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MuyJingo

Done by Jeremy Roberts, who did a lot of art work for MoS.

The art takes heavy inspiration from the Icons cover art by Jim Lee.

No Caption Provided

I mainly love it. Batman's costume is the first good batsuit in a Hollywood film, although not a fan of seeing his eyes through the cowl, the teeny tiny ears or the unnecessary lines. Superman's still looks silly with the yellow notabelt. Wonder Woman's looks fine, although would prefer her with pants.

If the movie is anything like the tone of this art, then it could be amazing!

DragoMorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good, I just don't like the fact that Batman is standing in the forefront on artwork for Superman's movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like how Snyder is going for a Batman that is closer to comic books. Everything from Ben Affleck's build, to the armored Batsuit in the comic con teaser, to the glowing white eyes is right on point with the source material.

Looks good, I just don't like the fact that Batman is standing in the forefront on artwork for Superman's movie.

It's not Superman's movie lol.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Looks awesome.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not a Superman movie. It's called Dawn of Justice for chrissakes.

Besides, who is at the front always changes around in depictions of the trinity.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty awesome, although I have to agree that Superman should be front and centre, not Batman. I know it's not a Superman movie and that the trinity always rotates etc. but we all know that Superman is DC's first and most powerful character, leader of the Justice League (although not yet in MoS canon) and I just think he's the most natural-born leader. Personally I'd always put Kal at the front.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looks good!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty awesome, although I have to agree that Superman should be front and centre, not Batman. I know it's not a Superman movie and that the trinity always rotates etc. but we all know that Superman is DC's first and most powerful character, leader of the Justice League (although not yet in MoS canon) and I just think he's the most natural-born leader. Personally I'd always put Kal at the front.

Batman has often been leader of the league, and currently is in the comics.

Having said that, I would be fine with Batman or Superman at the front. IF the MoS was more uplifting and inspiring, I would certainly want him at the front. Since he isn't, I don't really think it makes a difference.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, it's freaking amazing!

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks just like the Gotham Knights costume too. I think the short ears are practical for rolling, which Bats is prone to doing. The white eyes would look weird, not because he couldn't show emotion but because he just couldn't emote at all. His eyes show in the Arkham series and everyone loves those games. I like the new symbol. It's more bold but just think how fat the batarangs are gonna be lol.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r said:

It looks just like the Gotham Knights costume too. I think the short ears are practical for rolling, which Bats is prone to doing. The white eyes would look weird, not because he couldn't show emotion but because he just couldn't emote at all. His eyes show in the Arkham series and everyone loves those games. I like the new symbol. It's more bold but just think how fat the batarangs are gonna be lol.

Why do you think he couldn't emote at all with white eyes?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Rad!

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great. My only problem is how muted Diana's costume is. Especially in a shot like this. Batman being in the center just makes sense because his black and grey separates the shared red and blue of Superman and Wonder Woman, but with her outfit so dull it throws the balance of the picture off completely.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: It would be weird. Eyes are such a crucial part of showing emotion and he'd have to turn his head everytime he wanted to convey he was looking at something

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r said:

@muyjingo: It would be weird. Eyes are such a crucial part of showing emotion and he'd have to turn his head everytime he wanted to convey he was looking at something

Eyes are not as crucial to showing emotion as people make them out to be.

He wouldn't have to turn his head every time..perhaps shift his head slightly, but it isn't a big issue.

With body language, and having the white eyes perhaps change shape or entity, he would more than be able to emote.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: If they changed shape that would kill the pseudo-realism they're going for and I doubt DC wants to go near CGI eyes again after Green Lantern.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r said:

@muyjingo: If they changed shape that would kill the pseudo-realism they're going for and I doubt DC wants to go near CGI eyes again after Green Lantern.

It wouldn't kill anything, we have that technology right now. Any LCD screen is capable of only lighting up portions, which is how his eyes would work.

Nothing wrong with CGI eyes, especially when they are just white. It looked fine in TDK....

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: He would have to have an interface within the cowl for eye movement which would be overly complicated. The eyes were an awesome moment in TDK but if you look at stills, they look weird.

Idk, maybe Affleck can pull them off since he looked pretty good with the DareDevil cowl.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gracetrack

Yeah, Supes really should be in front, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Batman is their big money maker, so it's not surprising.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Gal is beautiful! She looks amazing! Just wow! I hope she's that stunning in the actual movie.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RustyRoy

Looks awesome