#1 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1230 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this look better. Not sure which one is going to be used but neither can compare to the old Lobo look. Still interested and i'll probably pick up the Lobo comic from villains month.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12976 posts) - - Show Bio

i would've gone with his look from Young Justice.

#4 Edited by M3th (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Although he does look a bit too much like H'el for me. I like it.

I love all 3 pictures above me.

[×]√

#5 Edited by Kelevra216 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Those two designs posted above, I'm okay with. I understand the design of the mid-/late-twenties looking Lobo. He's like an athlete. He's identifiable to my age group. The second Lobo design seems more in line with his original look.

The other two designs, I don't like too much:

#6 Edited by Baron_BJ (120 posts) - - Show Bio

These new designs suck. They're inferior to the original design, they in no way compliment the character's personality (which they've probably decided to abandon because... reasons) and are horribly over-designed, but if there's one thing that can be said about Kenneth Rocafort, it's that he overdoes everything.

When interviewed by CBR News last month, writer Marguerite Bennett teased this Villains Month twist while describing her take on Lobo. "My goal for him was to make him less comically hyper-masculine and more focused. He's still vicious, still savage and still entirely immoral, but I wanted a gravity out of the character. When he showed up, I didn't want him walking away from explosions and smoking a cigar. When he shows up, I want people to feel like, 'This is it. This is the end.'"

So, they're taking the comedy out of a comedy character. That's mother****ing brilliant. This is the same as trying to make Deadpool into a serious character, it's like trying to make Ren & Stimpy a serious drama.

#7 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no attachment to Lobo whatsoever(Never known where to start with this character) but still this redesign just looks like something out of Twilight. It seems they've already decided on this one over the more muscular one with the star or the others they were showing.

#8 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this is the cover that's being used for villain's month

#9 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1230 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: Looks like I'll be rooting for the fake Lobo to become the real lobo...These new designs are pretty stupid. They should've stuck with the original look and given the fake lobo these new stupid looking designs.

#11 Edited by The_Good_Loser (236 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still hellbent on the idea that the skinny new version is a younger version, possibly from when he killed his race.

#12 Edited by Jake Fury (18406 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the Lobo in Stormwatch? He seemed pretty spot on....

#13 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1230 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33062 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Jake Fury (18406 posts) - - Show Bio
Fake?

#16 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1230 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this look better. Not sure which one is going to be used but neither can compare to the old Lobo look. Still interested and i'll probably pick up the Lobo comic from villains month.

I'd say Wolverine'ish!

#18 Edited by Jake Fury (18406 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by sagejonathan (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even like Lobo and I think his redesign is atrocious. It completely relinquishes all the personality from Lobo and he looks entirely different. There is no resemblance whatsoever. They need to abandon this look ASAP. They should've gone with this look:

#20 Posted by deathmedal (97 posts) - - Show Bio

The design they chose is basically the TWILIGHT version of Lobo. Terrible

#21 Edited by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_bj said:

These new designs suck. They're inferior to the original design, they in no way compliment the character's personality (which they've probably decided to abandon because... reasons) and are horribly over-designed, but if there's one thing that can be said about Kenneth Rocafort, it's that he overdoes everything.

When interviewed by CBR News last month, writer Marguerite Bennett teased this Villains Month twist while describing her take on Lobo. "My goal for him was to make him less comically hyper-masculine and more focused. He's still vicious, still savage and still entirely immoral, but I wanted a gravity out of the character. When he showed up, I didn't want him walking away from explosions and smoking a cigar. When he shows up, I want people to feel like, 'This is it. This is the end.'"

So, they're taking the comedy out of a comedy character. That's mother****ing brilliant. This is the same as trying to make Deadpool into a serious character, it's like trying to make Ren & Stimpy a serious drama.

Just want to point out that Deadpool was a serious character at first

#22 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Il see what the actual comic art and story is like before I jump on the hate band wagon.

#23 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8071 posts) - - Show Bio

The design they chose is basically the TWILIGHT version of Lobo. Terrible

Stephanie Myers fans rejoice her new book is being written:

LobLight

The story of an emotionless girl falling in love with an ammoral intergalactic socipathic mass murderer.

A forbidden love that will change change the world.

Out Spring 2014

#24 Posted by Baron_BJ (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_bj said:

Just want to point out that Deadpool was a serious character at first

I'm keenly aware of what Liefeld tried to do, and at the time everyone thought he sucked, so his tenure as someone people were meant to take seriously was so short that today it doesn't even warrant a mention (even though I've got his first appearance in #98 of New Mutants framed because D-Pooly is still worth it, even if the book was painfully bad) so I choose to think that this only serves to validate my point.

#26 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping for this one. I actually thought it was the design they had chosen. :/

#27 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny how DC is trying to attract new readers, but making changes like these. I mean sure character growth is needed, but try to keep it up recognizable to none readers. For example Harley Quinn's costume change, DC taking Martian Manhunter of the JL, Superman and Lois Lane: A couple no more, and now Lobo. Especially after Injustice has been released that I personally know has boosted popularity of many DC heroes. Around my school Aquaman is now respected, people are finding it fascinating that there is a white and black Green Lantern, my cousin told me how awesome Aquaman and Green Lantern are, more know who Nightwing and Damian Wayne is, and I bet a lot of people have grown to like Lobo. Especially since he was given the first DLC spot.

#28 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10278 posts) - - Show Bio

This just show they only had a game plan for Aquaman and the rest they did it on the fly.

#29 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@crazyscarecrow said:

I find it funny how DC is trying to attract new readers, but making changes like these. I mean sure character growth is needed, but try to keep it up recognizable to none readers. For example Harley Quinn's costume change, DC taking Martian Manhunter of the JL, Superman and Lois Lane: A couple no more, and now Lobo. Especially after Injustice has been released that I personally know has boosted popularity of many DC heroes. Around my school Aquaman is now respected, people are finding it fascinating that there is a white and black Green Lantern, my cousin told me how awesome Aquaman and Green Lantern are, more know who Nightwing and Damian Wayne is, and I bet a lot of people have grown to like Lobo. Especially since he was given the first DLC spot.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, let's ask Lobo what HE thinks! Hey Lobo..................................Oh

#30 Posted by Durfee (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't love it, but I do like it more than the original. His original look is just stupid, because it's a parody of that extreme 90s Liefield-esque trash that some people think looks cool for some reason.

#31 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1249 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio