#1 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

They have changed a lot of characters around since the reboot, Green Arrow got 15 years younger, Barry Allen got single, Heatwave got a giant hole in his chest, Elemental Man lost his penis.... What has been your most favorite and least favorite change to a character since the reboot?

My least favorite is Captain Cold now being Bobby Drake shooting ice from his fists. I liked the campiness of rogues with their ridiculous gadgets. My most favorite has been the integration of Hawkman's wings, they never made much sense strapped to him. Now if only the Hawkman series would stop sucking.

I take that back, my least favorite was definitely Clark Kent going to Lois Lane's apartment and finding some other dude in a towel. Cuckolding Superman is not cool.

#2 Posted by ectoborge (208 posts) - - Show Bio

I think my favorite changes would be Wonder Woman and Aquaman becoming total badasses. Not a fan of new Harley Quinn. Ah well you win some you lose some.

#3 Edited by Black_Claw (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite Change: What Geoff Jones has done with Topo, whoo boy

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!

Least Favorite: Gonna be a tough one but I'm going to have to say having Wonder Woman and Superman being a couple. Normally I wouldn't be against this if it were done in an interesting way (kingdom come). But so far, nothing interesting has been done with this pairing and it seems that DC is only using them being together as a plot device and nothing more. It's high time Supes gets back with Lois DC.

#4 Posted by kilowog52 (406 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually liking the changes? Picking a single least favorite change? Are you kidding? (Though you do bring a good point about Hawkman's Nth Metal harness.

#5 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate: 50% of Costume Changes

Like: Superman being weaker

#6 Posted by Catsnlynne (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Elemental Man.

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Most favorite: The revitalization of Aquaman

Least favorite: Several costume changes, Cyborg, and the new Batman logo

#8 Posted by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711 said:

They have changed a lot of characters around since the reboot, Green Arrow got 15 years younger, Barry Allen got single, Heatwave got a giant hole in his chest, Elemental Man lost his penis.... What has been your most favorite and least favorite change to a character since the reboot?

My least favorite is Captain Cold now being Bobby Drake shooting ice from his fists. I liked the campiness of rogues with their ridiculous gadgets. My most favorite has been the integration of Hawkman's wings, they never made much sense strapped to him. Now if only the Hawkman series would stop sucking.

I take that back, my least favorite was definitely Clark Kent going to Lois Lane's apartment and finding some other dude in a towel. Cuckolding Superman is not cool.

I actually like the Rogues' upgrades :) But that's just me.

#9 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Least fav: Missing characters (e.g., Steph, Cass, Wally, Donna).

Fav: Batwing was really good until they put him on a bus and gave his name to somebody else.

#10 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite: Shiny !

Using Wildstorm guys, now I care about them

Boobs !

Least favorite: Man-hunter fans. He went from Support character to Support character for a different team ...why the tears.

Superman doesn't need to date, dating and ships are getting cliche. WW and him Just need to fly solo for a while

They make new characters..when they already had characters that are pretty much like the new ones

Business Model is Batman, lesser knowns get the shaft...but that's not a real complaint in my book,

#11 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

Fav: Building Damian and Bruces relationship throughout Batman and Robin (especially the first arc). Jason Todd's "re-integration" as part of the family. I was more open to testing titles I would not have otherwise gave a second thought in Swamp Thing and Animal Man

Hate: How half my favorite characters are no longer in an ongoing or forgotten with the only memory of them being that they were in a title that was terrible.

#12 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. He doesn't have the same appeal to me as before theNew52

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92634 posts) - - Show Bio

Least fav - Babs as Batgirl

Fav - Hrrrrrrrm. Probably what's being done with Nightwing (although it's nothing that they couldn't have done before the reboot, as is the case with pretty much everything I like out of DCnU)

#14 Posted by jwalser3 (4805 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by The_Tree (7244 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate:

Five year gap, Barbara as Batgirl, erasing of characters, most of the DCU's history being erased, terrible costumes, the decimation of the once great Tim Drake.

Like:

Jason Todd's change of heart/ reintegration into the Bat-family. Wonder Woman's revamp.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (23224 posts) - - Show Bio

Like: Most costume changes (yeah, I'm a minority)

Hate: How the five year time restraint makes no sense. So assuming Batman has been Batman for about 6 years or so, and Dick Grayson was his partner at around the age of 12, how is Dick now in his twenties just 5-6 years later??

#17 Edited by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

Like: Most costume changes (yeah, I'm a minority)

Hate: How the five year time restraint makes no sense. So assuming Batman has been Batman for about 6 years or so, and Dick Grayson was his partner at around the age of 12, how is Dick now in his twenties just 5-6 years later??

And Damian was ten or a little older :P

BB

#18 Edited by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

favorite: Justice League Dark

least favorite: all the stuff i didn't like before

#19 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate: Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and the entire Gordon Family retcons

Love: Demon Knights

#20 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate: the new version of Superboy. Much preferred him pre new 52.

Love: Barbara Gordon as Batgirl again. Supergirl's costume. Also Kara's book has been a very good read.

#21 Edited by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69 said:

Like: Superman being weaker

He's weaker? I thought that he just got stronger enemies.

#22 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

Elemental Man? Do you mean Metamorpho?

#23 Posted by Hanson724 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711: "Cuckolding Superman is not cool."

Words to live by

#24 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5961 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel I mean Shazam sucks now.

#25 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I like most of the updates. Hopefully dc will do more updates bec there's no need to stop now.

#26 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: I don't know. I am not a big fan of what they are doing but for one thing, I like that they are calling him Shazam. I have always called him Shazam and I hate when nerds corrected me and said "You mean, Captain Marvel". And for another thing, the character had been done different by so many people that he didnt really have a clear personality. The one from the JLA run seemed way more immature than the one from 52. Some people wrote him like when he changed into an adult he was still a child trapped in the body while others wrote him like when he changed into an adult he was mature like an adult. Then it go super weird when he started flirting with Stargirl and no one understood that he too was really just a teenager.

While I'm not a huge fan of his new backstory, he was in serious need of a reboot, in my opinion.

I just hope they don't add him to JLA, with the other teenie boppers Vibe and Stargirl.

#27 Posted by Felspawn (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Likes: new Costumes, taking pages out of UTRH and making Jason Todd's return not awful, Raising Cyborgs profile (though being a founding member of JL might be a bit much). Earth 2. While the execution of Worlds Finest hasn't been great yet i still love the idea of Helana Wayne and Powergirl on the main DC Earth and think the idea has a lot of potential.

Dislikes: no Wally?, no Donna?, stephanie, Teen Titans never happened O.o.

On the fence: Babs as Batgirl. Honestly i love her as batgirl but she did have such a great thing going with Oracle and i also loved Stephanie as Batgirl. if it had been cassandra i wouldn't be on the fence but otherwise I can see both sides of the argument.

#28 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Like: What they are doing with Nightwing, Aquaman's bad-assery, Cyborg getting some love

Dislike: Cant complain really. I'd say Superman and Wonder Woman storyline. I was never a fan. I mean come on its Lous Lane!

#29 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Like : Damian and Bruce's relationship.

Hate : Damian's death.