#1 Posted by dmessmer (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Recent reports seem to say that WB plans to go the Justice League route, but the idea of a Superman/Batman team-up film has also come up. Which do you think would be a better fit for the DC movie-verse?

#2 Posted by MonsterStomp (19878 posts) - - Show Bio

Both. We need to rejoice and show Marvel how to do movies! Chaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrge!

#3 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6364 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make a Justice League movie (after they make more individual DC movies), but, similar to Marvel's approach, they should expand from there, so I'd be fine with a Superman/Batman movie later on.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (25494 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have a Justice League.

#5 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

This. And unpopular opinion incoming: a major reason why is that I see Batman as a liability not an asset.

#6 Posted by dmessmer (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. The current version of Batman probably doesn't work with the current version of Superman in a team-up - their concerns are different, the scope of their worlds is different, and Superman's powers would seem to make Batman's a bit pointless. Batman's intelligence and scientific knowledge could be a great asset to a team, like the Justice League, but would get dwarfed next to Superman in a duo.

Of course, there's no guarantee that they'll stick to the Nolan Batman, but rebooting the character so soon is a really bad idea - The Amazing Spider-Man got a lot of crap for that and there was a longer gap between it and Spider-Man 3 than there will be between The Dark Knight Rises and whatever team-up movie WB goes with.

I'm also itching to see more of DCs characters, so a Justice League movie would be more fun. Bring on Wonder Woman!

#7 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

This. And unpopular opinion incoming: a major reason why is that I see Batman as a liability not an asset.

But probably didn't see Captain America, Black Widow or Hawkeye that way. Batman haters are just getting even more pathetic. Hating on a fictional character isn't a good look man. Just saying.

#8 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@the_stegman said:

But probably didn't see Captain America, Black Widow or Hawkeye that way. Batman haters are just getting even more pathetic. Hating on a fictional character isn't a good look man. Just saying.

In fact, I saw both Black Widow and Hawkeye that way. Hawkeye shooting Chitauri down hardly trying, Black Widow man-handling them, really undermined the threat they posed.

Loving Batman enough to get all defensive is a little pitiful, btw.

#9 Edited by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@the_stegman said:

In fact, I saw both Black Widow and Hawkeye that way. Hawkeye shooting Chitauri down hardly trying, Black Widow man-handling them, really undermined the threat they posed.

Loving Batman enough to get all defensive is a little pitiful, btw.

lol who's defensive? And what about Cap? If you can accept him you can accept Batman, plus do you find it silly that Lex Luthor (a human just like Batman) is Superman's number 1 enemy? Should Lex never be allowed to be a member of the Legion of Doom? It's clear you hate Batman and are just looking for any lame excuse to not have him on the team. Why anyone would be THAT bothered by someone who doesn't exist is beyond me.

#10 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

lol who's defensive? And what about Cap? If you can accept him you can accept Batman, plus do you find it silly that Lex Luthor (a human just like Batman) is Superman's number 1 enemy? Should Lex never be allowed to be a member of the Legion of Doom? It's clear you hate Batman and are just looking for any lame excuse to not have him on the team. Why anyone would be THAT bothered by someone who doesn't exist is beyond me.

Youre clearly defensive. Youre following a lot of internet cliche's, step 1: post bait-y reply, step 2: act nonchalant when challenged. But I am not all that impressed. Its clear that the reverse of what youre suggesting is true, and the fact I think Batman doesnt really fit offends your sensibilities, as youd be quite content if the Justice League was simply Batman 4.

Lex isnt Superman's number 1 threat, he hasnt been for some time. Nowadays, if he is going to do anything, he does it in a team up with a heavy hitter. If there is ever a Superman movie where Lex is the sole villain again, I will be furious.

Cap is at least a super human, but also brings an experience to the Avengers nobody else has. Batman isnt the best tech guy (Cyborg is), he isnt the smartest (Cyborg or Martian Manhunter are, but there are at least two characters whose thought speed is so significant compared to Batman's normal human mind that Batman would come off nigh comatose in most situations), his fighting skill is irrelevant around people who destroy buildings as a side effect of their punches, etc..

Batman would appear as a consultant or financier in my Justice League.

#11 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

superman/batman. if they can't pull off a duet...........

#12 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

Youre clearly defensive. Youre following a lot of internet cliche's, step 1: post bait-y reply, step 2: act nonchalant when challenged. But I am not all that impressed. Its clear that the reverse of what youre suggesting is true, and the fact I think Batman doesnt really fit offends your sensibilities, as youd be quite content if the Justice League was simply Batman 4.

Lex isnt Superman's number 1 threat, he hasnt been for some time. Nowadays, if he is going to do anything, he does it in a team up with a heavy hitter. If there is ever a Superman movie where Lex is the sole villain again, I will be furious.

Cap is at least a super human, but also brings an experience to the Avengers nobody else has. Batman isnt the best tech guy (Cyborg is), he isnt the smartest (Cyborg or Martian Manhunter are, but there are at least two characters whose thought speed is so significant compared to Batman's normal human mind that Batman would come off nigh comatose in most situations), his fighting skill is irrelevant around people who destroy buildings as a side effect of their punches, etc..

Since when was Cap superhuman? He's peak human, and even if he is a low level superhuman to use your "you're useless unless you're the absolute best at what you do" he's vastly weaker than Iron Man, Hulk and Thor. I guess Wonder Woman doesn't need to be in the movie either since she's strong but not THE strongest (MM or Superman are) and fast but not THE fastest (Flash is) Please just admit you hate Batman, I highly doubt before the Avengers came out you were complaining saying Black Widow and Hakweye bring nothing to the team (which using your logic they don't) why do you find the need to go out of your way to complain about him in a potential JL film but not those 2 in the Avengers? Oh yeah I forgot he's popular and they're not it offends you that a character you hate (lol hating people who aren't real) it hurts you that someone you don't like is popular. So you'll let them slide but not him, am I right or am I right?

#13 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

Since when was Cap superhuman? He's peak human, and even if he is a low level superhuman to use your "you're useless unless you're the absolute best at what you do" he's vastly weaker than Iron Man, Hulk and Thor. I guess Wonder Woman doesn't need to be in the movie either since she's strong but not THE strongest (MM or Superman are) and fast but not THE fastest (Flash is) Please just admit you hate Batman, I highly doubt before the Avengers came out you were complaining saying Black Widow and Hakweye bring nothing to the team (which using your logic they don't) why do you find the need to go out of your way to complain about him in a potential JL film but not those 2 in the Avengers? Oh yeah I forgot he's popular and they're not it offends you that a character you hate (lol hating people who aren't real) it hurts you that someone you don't like is popular. So you'll let them slide but not him, am I right or am I right?

100% incorrect in fact. I have always complained about Hawkeye and Black Widow. Not Cap. And heres something thats really going to bother a fanboy such as yourself. The reason is: Batman = Hawkeye/ Black Widow, Cap > Batman. See the difference? Cap brings a lot more to the table than Batman, who really only has his money to offer a super hero team.

And how is hating a fictional character different than liking a fictional character? The whole foundation of your argument is nonsense. It amounts to the same thing, but what the real issue at hand is that your a hardcore Batman fanboy and cannot handle the thought that he wouldnt be in a major DC film, or that everyone doesnt worship him like you. How about, instead of sidestepping the issue ive been discussing the whole time (how Batman as a character would be a sap on any serious super hero film), you stop being defensive about your favourite character, and you post an actual argument of how he would help the film? And if your only argument is popularity, then I would direct you to the Xmen 1-3 and Wolverine Origins. Wolverine is popular doesnt that make those movies good? And what about Iron Man, who could hardly have been less popular before his movie, and then his popularity skyrocketed.

#14 Posted by dmessmer (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to get in the middle of this tiff, but I will just clarify that I don't hate Batman at all, and think a Justice League movie without him would be absurd. He's not the weak link in the Justice League, he's the weak link for WB in the sense that his trilogy just wrapped up without doing anything to tie him to a larger universe.

It wouldn't make much sense to bring the Nolan version into a Superman/Batman film where Batman would have to carry at least half of the movie while opposite a super-powered alien. That's just not the Batman that Nolan created. But if they don't use the Nolan version, but still plan to only add Superman to the mix, then they'd have to do a pretty full-scale reboot of Batman, and it's too soon for that.

It seems like WB's strategy (if current reports are true) is to use Justice League to launch new characters (Aquaman and Wonder Woman according to reports), and it might make sense to use the Nolan Batman in a film like that (since the focus will be on other characters), or to feature a new version that gets his own set of films later in the process once the Nolan films are far enough in the past.

#15 Posted by RustyRoy (13540 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be fine with any of the two but a World's Finest movie before will be better IMO.

#16 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@dmessmer said:

I agree. The current version of Batman probably doesn't work with the current version of Superman in a team-up - their concerns are different, the scope of their worlds is different, and Superman's powers would seem to make Batman's a bit pointless. Batman's intelligence and scientific knowledge could be a great asset to a team, like the Justice League, but would get dwarfed next to Superman in a duo.

Of course, there's no guarantee that they'll stick to the Nolan Batman, but rebooting the character so soon is a really bad idea - The Amazing Spider-Man got a lot of crap for that and there was a longer gap between it and Spider-Man 3 than there will be between The Dark Knight Rises and whatever team-up movie WB goes with.

I'm also itching to see more of DCs characters, so a Justice League movie would be more fun. Bring on Wonder Woman!

Spiderman was going to get a backlash regardless of how many years they waited. People always let their nostalgic feelings get the best of them, with these type of movies. Even if they wait 6,7,8 years you will still heard, "The new batman movie sucks, bring back Christian Bale!" I still heard people bring up Michael Keaton, even though they know he is much too old for the role. However, I do agree that it's much too early for a Batman reboot.

@jack_donaghy It's pointless to discuss this with people like @deaditegonzo. He clearly doesn't like Batman, which is fine. He is entitle to his opinion. Regardless if it's bias or not.

I'm open to a Superman/Batman film, and a Justice league. But maybe it's a little too early for them.......... If I had to pick one, it would be Supes, and Bats.

#17 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree it's way too early for a batman reboot but if they want to make a justice league movie they'll probably have to. Or perhaps, since I heard there are Batman references in Man of Steel (haven't gotten to see it yet but I will), maybe they could go with a Superman/Batman film as a sequel to Man of Steel 2 or 3 if they do make sequels.

That way we get something a little different from another Batman origin movie and get a Worlds Finest type movie that will introduce Batman to the same Universe the Justice League movie will be made in.

#18 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

Come my friend! Let me hear your arguments as to why Batman is useless, tell me how he does not belong in the League despite his astounding amount of feats. Complain to me just how unrealistic it is for a human to accomplish these things, despite existing in a world that lacks realism of any kind with super powered beings running everywhere. Whisper in my ear all of your conspiracy theories regarding DC and the way they treat Batman. FEED ME YOUR SOUL AND LET ME HEAR YOUR HATRED OF THE CHARACTER I HOLD DEAR!

#19 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Superman/Batman movie would be better. A Justice League movie would have to introduce all the characters in the same film, I think this stretches the movie too far. Resulting in poor character development and team relationships being poorly developed because they would have to be created far to fast. The Batman/Superman movie would only have to focus on the character development of two characters, along with the relationship they have with each other. I think this would make the movie much deeper and the characters more interesting.

#20 Edited by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's best to do a worlds finest movie before Justice League

#21 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

100% incorrect in fact. I have always complained about Hawkeye and Black Widow. Not Cap. And heres something thats really going to bother a fanboy such as yourself. The reason is: Batman = Hawkeye/ Black Widow, Cap > Batman. See the difference? Cap brings a lot more to the table than Batman, who really only has his money to offer a super hero team.

And how is hating a fictional character different than liking a fictional character? The whole foundation of your argument is nonsense. It amounts to the same thing, but what the real issue at hand is that your a hardcore Batman fanboy and cannot handle the thought that he wouldnt be in a major DC film, or that everyone doesnt worship him like you. How about, instead of sidestepping the issue ive been discussing the whole time (how Batman as a character would be a sap on any serious super hero film), you stop being defensive about your favourite character, and you post an actual argument of how he would help the film? And if your only argument is popularity, then I would direct you to the Xmen 1-3 and Wolverine Origins. Wolverine is popular doesnt that make those movies good? And what about Iron Man, who could hardly have been less popular before his movie, and then his popularity skyrocketed.

Yeah but the difference between Batman and Cap isn't THAT big, you're acting like Cap is skyfather level and Batman is aunt May or something. It's like comparing the strength of Superman and Thor, if lets say Superman is stronger than Thor it isn't by all that much. And being a superhero isn't only about punching your problems, Batman could contribute in non physical ways his mind has always been a greater asset than his body. And Cap only has his low level superhuman abilities to bring to a team with 3 people who easily outclass him in that department. Not that I think he's useless but, I can play that game too. And to kill the he has no powers so he's useless argument couldn't they just have him wear a powered suit in the movie? That way it's believable that he'd last longer against super humans.

And you're allowed to hate whatever you want go ahead the difference with that and liking a character is that at least with a character that you like they're bringing happiness to your life. If you hate a FICTIONAL CHARACTER, then why not ignore them? I don't like Reed Richards at all (not hate dislike, hate is a pretty strong emotion for someone who isn't real) so guess what I don't talk about him very much. With people who hate Batman it's like they feel compelled to go into threads about him and talk about how much they hate him. Why not just ignore him, if he bothers you that much why do you seem to enjoy talking about him so much. It's like saying "Man Burger King is so disgusting, I hate it! It sucks so much how can people eat that garbage... better go get another one of them flame broiled Whoppers!"

#22 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

Mila Jovovich as Wonder Woman FTW!!!

#23 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

I disagree that the current movie versions of Batman and Superman don't mesh well. And Superman's powers already make Batman's abilities outside of his intellect nearly pointless. That's Batman's role in the Justice League. Characters like Superman and Wonder Woman are the heavy hitters but he directs them to hit the right targets and whatnot.

Anyways, the more contemplative take on Superman fits perfectly with the darker Batman films. If they went the other route with Superman and made it a Christopher Reeve type Superman than there would definitely be no way that the two would work together. It's hard to explain how I see it working but I feel that it definitely can work.

#24 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

Both. We need to rejoice and show Marvel how to do movies! Chaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrge!

#25 Posted by dmessmer (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dmessmer said:

I disagree that the current movie versions of Batman and Superman don't mesh well. And Superman's powers already make Batman's abilities outside of his intellect nearly pointless. That's Batman's role in the Justice League. Characters like Superman and Wonder Woman are the heavy hitters but he directs them to hit the right targets and whatnot.

Anyways, the more contemplative take on Superman fits perfectly with the darker Batman films. If they went the other route with Superman and made it a Christopher Reeve type Superman than there would definitely be no way that the two would work together. It's hard to explain how I see it working but I feel that it definitely can work.

I agree that they mesh well tonally, which was probably a conscious decision on WB's part. I also agree that Nolan's Batman could work well in a Justice League setup - if Batman is only one of six characters then he only needs to carry 1/6th of the movie, and his intellect could easily do that while the other characters take up the physical stuff. But if he's in a Superman/Batman movie then it might seem weird if he either A) only contributed his intellect while Superman does the other 75-85% of the stuff, or B) his intellect has to carry half of the movie. I'm sure it could be done, but it might work better in a full team.

I also just think that the Nolan Batman films were so focused on Gotham that to try to expand beyond the concerns of that city (as any team-up film would have to) would feel a little weird.

#26 Posted by Cyborg650 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

All I'm saying is that, no matter how cool, was only a part time jl member. Just saying.

#27 Posted by sinestro_GL (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

One could lead to the other.

#28 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: It will be a lot easier to ignore Batman if they make a JLA movie versus a Superman Batman movie, glad you saw reason and came to that conclusion.

#29 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: It will be a lot easier to ignore Batman if they make a JLA movie versus a Superman Batman movie, glad you saw reason and came to that conclusion.

OR, OR you could you know not get upset over a fictional character, just a suggestion. I bet you'd have no problem with a JL movie full of "Superman wanking" but one that does the same with Batman is the OMG WORST THING EVAR!!!11!! Because being biased in favor of certain characters is wrong... if that character is named Batman otherwise who cares. Right?

#30 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15114 posts) - - Show Bio

First an S/B movie then a JL movie.

#31 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

OR, OR you could you know not get upset over a fictional character, just a suggestion. I bet you'd have no problem with a JL movie full of "Superman wanking" but one that does the same with Batman is the OMG WORST THING EVAR!!!11!! Because being biased in favor of certain characters is wrong... if that character is named Batman otherwise who cares. Right?

Jesus, dude. Or maybe you could stop getting defensive over Batman. Yeah, you call everyone else wankers, but if someone GOD FORBID insults Batman, "HOW DARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST BATMAN? BATMAN IS GOD. BATMAN IS LIFE."

How about.. a Superman/Batman movie, that LEADS INTO the Justice League movie.

#32 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Jesus, dude. Or maybe you could stop getting defensive over Batman. Yeah, you call everyone else wankers, but if someone GOD FORBID insults Batman, "HOW DARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST BATMAN? BATMAN IS GOD. BATMAN IS LIFE."

Following me around to different threads? Am I going to need a restraining order? Pointing out hypocrisy isn't getting defensive. Even other people in the thread are aware that deaditegonzo is biased against Batman, why I have no idea. I like how Batman haters are allowed to bash him all they want the second they get called out on it it becomes "WAAAHHH YOU LUV BATMAN U CANT STAND 2 HERE HIM BASHED" When did I call anyone else a wanker? Reading comprehension skills faltering a bit it appears. I said IF there was Superman wanking in a movie he'd have no problem with it whatsoever but God forbid Batman is treated like that. Now go back to obsessively bashing DC films.

#33 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

@sideburnguru said:

@jack_donaghy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Following me around to different threads? Am I going to need a restraining order? Pointing out hypocrisy isn't getting defensive. Even other people in the thread are aware that deaditegonzo is biased against Batman, why I have no idea. I like how Batman haters are allowed to bash him all they want the second they get called out on it it becomes "WAAAHHH YOU LUV BATMAN U CANT STAND 2 HERE HIM BASHED" When did I call anyone else a wanker? Reading comprehension skills faltering a bit it appears. I said IF there was Superman wanking in a movie he'd have no problem with it whatsoever but God forbid Batman is treated like that. Now go back to obsessively bashing DC films.

Yes, I'm definitely following you. My question is, why the hell are you so argument prone? It's a public forum. It appeared in recently discussed threads. I comment n those.

He's allowed to be. People over praise him all the time, why can't someone DARE be against Batman? It goes both ways. The haters on Batman are usually just tired of the over praising of him. You're also assuming. Assume. You should know how that goes.

#34 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

@sideburnguru said:

@jack_donaghy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Yes, I'm definitely following you. My question is, why the hell are you so argument prone? It's a public forum. It appeared in recently discussed threads. I comment n those.

He's allowed to be. People over praise him all the time, why can't someone DARE be against Batman? It goes both ways. The haters on Batman are usually just tired of the over praising of him. You're also assuming. Assume. You should know how that goes.

That's a stupid reason, there are plenty of characters who are overpraised who I don't like but I don't start hating on them though. Who's your favorite character, if that character was overpraised would you suddenly turn on them? If you do then that suggests you're a bandwagon hopper who wants to be cool. Batman haters are like those losers on Youtube who even though they claim to not like Justin Bieber have an obsessive need to go to all of his videos and bash him.

#35 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

@jack_donaghy said:

@sideburnguru said:

@jack_donaghy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

That's a stupid reason, there are plenty of characters who are overpraised who I don't like but I don't start hating on them though. Who's your favorite character, if that character was overpraised would you suddenly turn on them? If you do then that suggests you're a bandwagon hopper who wants to be cool. Batman haters are like those losers on Youtube who even though they claim to not like Justin Bieber have an obsessive need to go to all of his videos and bash him.

No, I mean, on here. I think Deadpool is overpraised, but I still like him. I mean, he's overpraised on here because people can never stop bringing him up. He's just about everywhere on here, and to some people it gets old. Just, KINDA like the Bieber situation.

#36 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

@sideburnguru said:

@jack_donaghy said:

@sideburnguru said:

@jack_donaghy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

No, I mean, on here. I think Deadpool is overpraised, but I still like him. I mean, he's overpraised on here because people can never stop bringing him up. He's just about everywhere on here, and to some people it gets old. Just, KINDA like the Bieber situation.

Btw I'm not trying to imply that I think everyone should love Batman or anything it just seems to me from where I'm sitting that most people who bash him do it to be cool. Deadpool is overpraised like you said but doesn't get 1/10th the hate and bashing Batman gets. Which leads me to believe that Batman's higher level of mainstream popularity is why he gets more flak than other overpraised characters.

#37 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Exactly, because Batman is detrimental to the portrayal of every other Justice League member. You little have to create literally braindead scenarios where he is the only one who can do something (other than be a consultant or financier), to give him a major part in a JL film.

#38 Edited by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Exactly, because Batman is detrimental to the portrayal of every other Justice League member. You little have to create literally braindead scenarios where he is the only one who can do something (other than be a consultant or financier), to give him a major part in a JL film.

I really don't see how you'd have to create brain dead scenarios to have him do something, I'll use The Avengers as an example yet again. They didn't have Hulk, Thor and Iron Man standing around like morons to make the other 3 look good. This is why I have a problem with your Batman hating not so much because I dislike the idea of you not liking him, but because you're being extremely biased. And if you think about it wouldn't you need brain dead scenarios to make sure everyone not named The Flash doesn't look useless? With his speed he could do what the others could in half the time, all you'd really need is him and Superman tbh. But you're aren't going to advocate getting rid of Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Green Lantern, etc.

#39 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: Actually, in the comics, the Justice League would make the most sense without Superman or Batman (Superman hurting a lot of the others' relevance, and Batman requiring everyone else to be nerfed). But in movies, all the "Supers" become some what "even". Think how Iron Man was comparable to Thor in the Avengers, even though in the Comics Thor would own him. So, theoretically, in a Movie-verse, Aquaman could likely stand toe to toe with Superman, etc, and Flash isnt likely to be much faster than Super Sonic.

Now, if youre advocating Batman taking on the Black Widow/ Hawkeye role, then yes I agree that could work. For example, Darkseid and his Elites and Parademons invade, Batman stays on the streets organizing and dealing with the grunt forces, and none of the heavy hitters have to be made weaker to keep him relevant.

#40 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy:

Actually, in the comics, the Justice League would make the most sense without Superman or Batman (Superman hurting a lot of the others' relevance, and Batman requiring everyone else to be nerfed). But in movies, all the "Supers" become some what "even". Think how Iron Man was comparable to Thor in the Avengers, even though in the Comics Thor would own him. So, theoretically, in a Movie-verse, Aquaman could likely stand toe to toe with Superman, etc, and Flash isnt likely to be much faster than Super Sonic.

Now, if youre advocating Batman taking on the Black Widow/ Hawkeye role, then yes I agree that could work. For example, Darkseid and his Elites and Parademons invade, Batman stays on the streets organizing and dealing with the grunt forces, and none of the heavy hitters have to be made weaker to keep him relevant.

Well actually Thor was clearly stronger than Iron Man in the movie, the gap in strength between them wasn't as big as it is in the comics but there still was a noticeable gap. I wouldn't really call it comparable Thor was clearly winning, Hulk was his only physical equal.

Ah yes we finally agree on something, that's what I'm talking about, his character was never a member of the team for his physical strength. It wouldn't make sense to have him trading punches with Darkseid, that's what the others are for. Have him using his stealth skills and intelligence, taking on people on his level physically so he's not just standing around and he's good.

#42 Posted by randomsuperuser (27 posts) - - Show Bio

How about a Superman/Wonder Woman movie? They need to introduce other character's eventually and it's too soon to bring in a new Batman. Also, having Wonder Woman in a movie with Superman would be a better way to introduce her rather than in her own movie because fanbases for both characters would watch it. A Wonder Woman stand alone isn't guaranteed to succeed and I don't think WB wants to take that risk after their GL flop. I think it should go something like this:

• Man of Steel 2
  • Superman/Wonder Woman
  • Man of Steel 3
  • Trinity (Superman, Wonder Woman, and introduce the new Batman)
  • Wonder Woman
  • Justice League
  • Batman reboot
  • The Flash
  • Aquaman
  • Justice League 2

idk, somewhere along those lines.

#43 Posted by lilben42 (2593 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomsuperuser: Superman/Batman first that's what everybody would want to see then introduce Wonder Woman in a Trinity movie. Seriously, who wouldn't want to see For the Man Who Has Everything adapted into a movie.

#44 Edited by Bezza (3835 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Superman would probably be more popular for the masses, but a lot of people want a JLA film, me included. I just hope they get the likes of Green Lantern and Flash right.

#45 Edited by dcdyno (130 posts) - - Show Bio

b/s

#46 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Trinity movie first, then a JL movie.

#47 Edited by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

How about a Superman/Wonder Woman movie? They need to introduce other character's eventually and it's too soon to bring in a new Batman. Also, having Wonder Woman in a movie with Superman would be a better way to introduce her rather than in her own movie because fanbases for both characters would watch it. A Wonder Woman stand alone isn't guaranteed to succeed and I don't think WB wants to take that risk after their GL flop. I think it should go something like this:

• Man of Steel 2
  • Superman/Wonder Woman
  • Man of Steel 3
  • Trinity (Superman, Wonder Woman, and introduce the new Batman)
  • Wonder Woman
  • Justice League
  • Batman reboot
  • The Flash
  • Aquaman
  • Justice League 2

idk, somewhere along those lines.

Lol Superman/Wonder Woman no thnx

#48 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

JL

#49 Posted by Leatherface003 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

you said it man...totally agree,so embarrassing always listing to how avengers are kick ass and better. we can't let Marvel team get away so far.we need to show them who are the masters and the best team is yet to come.