Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

The Justice Guild was created as a pastiche of the Justice Society for the Justice League animated series, as they did not have the rights to do the Justice Society proper, though certain characters like Wildcat were cleared later.

Tom Turbine was a combination of the Golden Age Superman and Atom, having an origin more closely tied to Al Pratt as The Atom and his powers being almost identical to Superman in his first appearance. His squinty-eyed appearance is based on that of traditional renderings of Captain Marvel.

Catman was a combination of the Golden Age Batman and Wildcat, though his personality is modeled more after the Adam West version of Batman from the 1960's TV series.

The Streak was its version of Jay Garrick.

Green Guardsman was its version of the Alan Scott as Green Lantern, with his power ring's weakness being aluminum.

Black Siren was its version of the Golden Age Black Canary AKA Dinah Drake.

So with that in mind and the actual Justice Society being over on Earth 2..... Could we see this team implemented in the New 52's past?

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd prefer them to be a fictional team from prime earth's comics, like the JGA was in the cartoon if I recall rightly. I know it turned out the JGA were from an alternate universe, but I feel the JSA fills this need. As for it being a team from the past of prime earth, I'd rather it not. I prefer seeing N52 as a kind of return to the multiversal status quo of the silver age, with the JLA being the primary and first superhero team of prime earth and the wonders/JSA being from a different earth rather than from prime earth's past.

MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would serve best as its own Universe in the Multiverse maybe parallel to Earth-12

At first I was thinking that, but quite frankly, considering the fact that they're goofy analogues of the JSA, I'm not sure whether they're worth even that. There's only 52 Earths that they could possibly be from in New 52, and if you check Multiversity, there's more than enough earths full of analogues, and analogues of analogues. There's like four unknown earths, and it seems a waste to use one up on the JGA. And as I said before, I think it's desirable that they aren't from Prime Earth's past.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mattydavehalpeo: The thing is? I LIKED Earth 2. At first I was against it, could not get into it all that well since they were changing this up WAY too fast in my opinion with the JSA, a team I LOVE and is my favorite cast of characters in DC in general by and large. But? I decided to give it a real shot, despite my gut feeling about it to begin with, and? I was disappointed SO much. It started great for me... Then slowly went down..... And down..... And down...... And yeah. I despise it and I HATE that I despise it since it did NOT have to go in this bizarre and TOTALLY OFF THE WALL direction that doesn't even BEGIN to fit the Justice Society, rebooted version or OTHER WISE!

MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattydavehalpeo: The Justice Lords are analogues kind of to the Crime Syndicate and have been given a Universe so I wouldn't call ot far fetched.

Justice Lords are a bit different to Crime Syndicate. Originally they were going to use the Crime Syndicate in the DCAU but they instead decided on a team that started off as the good JLA and became dictatorial. So they're a bit more interesting than a straight rip off of the Crime Syndicate.

@mattydavehalpeo: The thing is? I LIKED Earth 2. At first I was against it, could not get into it all that well since they were changing this up WAY too fast in my opinion with the JSA, a team I LOVE and is my favorite cast of characters in DC in general by and large. But? I decided to give it a real shot, despite my gut feeling about it to begin with, and? I was disappointed SO much. It started great for me... Then slowly went down..... And down..... And down...... And yeah. I despise it and I HATE that I despise it since it did NOT have to go in this bizarre and TOTALLY OFF THE WALL direction that doesn't even BEGIN to fit the Justice Society, rebooted version or OTHER WISE!

I understand, but I've got a different solution. You know how there's Prime Earth and then there's Earth 1? The latter is kind of like an Ultimate version of Prime Earth, explored in graphic novels. Instead of the JGA being a real team in New 52 cannon, they could do an Earth 1 styled JSA either on one of the four unknown earths, or or in the past of Earth 1.

StSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Word of God, Tommy Turbine was based primarily on the Atom with a smidge of Superman thrown in.