John more powerful as a star sapphire?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

John could not break through the energy net used to capture the lanterns even with a sword forged from a destroyed white lantern ring, but when a dying star sapphire queen gave him her ring he broke everyone out and tok them to safety.

So his is more powerful as a star sapphire? Or his will was weak and he had enough love for his corp to break them out?.......

Thoughts and ideas please

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As long as he doesn't wear those skimpy Carol Ferris uniforms, I'm fine.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Yeah I thought making John Stewart a Star Sapphire show how much that the writer skrew up him. He could be another colour of lantern corps like Blue or Indigo imo

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: going back to indigo tribe would have been better use his compassion to alot of things, @mandarinestro: i like his uniform, he looks more like their king, i love it, but violet/purple is not a guy's color.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No he isn't so far...

Power rings don't have the type of output capacity to defeat the New Gods. This has nothing to do with John having sufficient willpower.

The tether bond of love has pure spectrum energy, which makes it more powerful by representing a strong expression of emotion throughout the emotional spectrum as stated by the Zamarons. Star Sapphires has the ability to tether with anything they love, which the concept works different than an ordinary green power ring.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

As long as he doesn't wear those skimpy Carol Ferris uniforms, I'm fine.

This reminds me of a quote by Guy Gardner:

"If we're choosin' I'm goin' first. I don't wanna get stuck wearin' a crystal thong"