Is anyone else disappointed with how WB handles DC stuff

• 79 results
Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Am I the only one disappointed in Warner brothers right now ? I mean Disney and marvel are on a roll! They are releasing trailer after trailer and their CEO isnt afraid to speak either. Recently he talked about how a Black Panther movie was in developement , how AntMan was going to be like a heist movie , how the Doctor Strange movie would have supernatural elements , and how they were thinking about making a DareDevil or Punisher television show.It was also announced that Marvel has up to 4 television shows in developement. So far the only thing DC and WB has announced is Gotham, Batfleck ,and Batman vs. Superman. The CEO for WB was interviewed a couple of days ago about future films and the only thing he talked about was info everyone already knew. Its alsmost as if DC has only one film in developement. While Marvel is doing 5 films in developement. Maybe im overeating but I cant be the only one who feels this way. Marvel is in phase 2 while my favorite comic brand is still stuck on only their second movie in their now shared universe. All im asking for is answers WB!!! IS there still going to be a Flash movie? Are you rebooting GL? These are simple questions that WB officials fail to answer. But if a reporter were to ask the Marvel CEO about possible superhero films he would answer them and even go into depth.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

He didn't say BP movie was in development. he said "They have plans for BP".

That means nothing. He didn't say they had a script. He didn't say they had a director. Or a cast. He just said "We have plans to use him someday" or something like that. That comment has no significance.

Doctor Strange also is not confirmed.

And they said "We don't know what we're going to do with Daredevil or Punisher yet". So nothing there either.

Also DC just started their cinematic universe. Marvel's has been running since 2008.

Relax dude.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Am I the only one disappointed in Warner brothers right now ? I mean Disney and marvel are on a roll! They are releasing trailer after trailer and their CEO isnt afraid to speak either. Recently he talked about how a Black Panther movie was in developement , how AntMan was going to be like a heist movie , how the Doctor Strange movie would have supernatural elements , and how they were thinking about making a DareDevil or Punisher television show.It was also announced that Marvel has up to 4 television shows in developement. So far the only thing DC and WB has announced is Gotham, Batfleck ,and Batman vs. Superman. The CEO for WB was interviewed a couple of days ago about future films and the only thing he talked about was info everyone already knew. Its alsmost as if DC has only one film in developement. While Marvel is doing 5 films in developement. Maybe im overeating but I cant be the only one who feels this way. Marvel is in phase 2 while my favorite comic brand is still stuck on only their second movie in their now shared universe. All im asking for is answers WB!!! IS there still going to be a Flash movie? Are you rebooting GL? These are simple questions that WB officials fail to answer. But if a reporter were to ask the Marvel CEO about possible superhero films he would answer them and even go into depth.

The CEO also said in an early interview that of the 12-13 movies they have planned in the coming years the majority are DC films. They just announced like 3 new DC TV shows, and a Batman-Superman movie. Why would you honestly expect them to announce anything else at this point? They're gonna ride the press on the already announced projects as long as possible before announcing something else, and they've barley even started to tell us about the projects they've already announced.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I used to be then I realized. DC is only falling behind in the movies. Everywhere else they have been doing good. They have been putting out good comics, they have been putting out great games (Lego, Injustice, Arkham), they have had excellent and memorable TV shows through the years, they have been producing amazing animated movies, their characters can been seen at many amusement parks, and I see more people walking around with a shirt with a DC hero logo than a Marvel one. DC is only falling behind on the big screen though the Dark Knight trilogy is probably one of the best superhero trilogies around (how was Iron Man and Spiderman again?)

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blackdog2009

MOS is the best superhero movie out there right now imo, so I'm happy.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: Im more of a DC Fanboy,but I have to disagree with that comment. MoS was good,but not Avengers good.Avengers was just epic...MoS felt like it was missing something IMO

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I think most people are disappointed. It's 2013, we have a movie with a talking space raccoon yet still no Flash or Wonder Woman film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ever since Green Lantern failed, WB has really shied away from using characters other than Batman or Superman.

(Yes, I know Green Arrow has a TV show.)

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blackdog2009

@flameboy298: I still maintain Man Of Steel is the best superhero movie to date. The Avengers movie is a cartoon next to it. It was full of bad comedy and a very silly ending. And it ruined movie Loki btw.

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes, I'm also disappointed. It's always Batman with DC. There are so many Batman video games, animated shows and movies, many of these are really awesome, but I wish DC would bring out their other characters as well. I love Batman, he's my 2nd or 3rd favorite comic character, but I also love Flash, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, and I would prefer to have a movie or a game about one of these instead of Batman. I'm so glad that Zack Snyder made a Superman movie, and did amazing job with it, but now he's making a Superman & Batman movie? I'm probably the only person on the planet who could say this, but I would prefer to see Martian Manhunter in a movie rather than Batman. I believe that Snyder wants to make DC more popular before doing this stuff, and by putting two greatest comic book characters ever in the same movie, probably is the best way to do it. So I'm just hoping we will get to see there other characters in the future...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: Out of every superhero movie you think Mos is the best ?

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people are disappointed. It's 2013, we have a movie with a talking space raccoon yet still no Flash or Wonder Woman film.

No, what's more disappointing is Shaq as Steel came first before RDJ Iron Man, or how Hale Berry as Catwoman came first before Black Panther, or how Swamp-Thing came before Man-Thing.

See, I can play the disappointment game too.

LimboBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LimboBot

With a Disappointing movie like MoS, I don't Blame you for being let down.

Oh well, Lets hope things will improve.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do get tired of all the Batman stuff...Rocksteady could of did Superman or Green Arrow if they wanted to

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

@trebean: You missed my point entirely. WB doesn't own the rights to Black Panther, or Man Thing or Iron Man. They DO own Flash and WW. The fact that they haven't made a movie about them (two of the most popular heroes ever) is ridiculous.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blackdog2009
PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Is this just going to turn into Avengers vs MOS? Ughhhh

Yes I'm disappointed in WB

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB is overrated. Can never get the job done. I learned THAT on Entourage :P

Disney might be more geared towards children, but they have been doing a GREAT job with Marvel Movies.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beerminator1: i think including MM would have been a better idea but i mean Batman vs Superman was going to be made sooner or later

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By flameboy298

DC needs to step-up

DC:Man of Steel(2013),Batman vs Superman(2015)

Marvel:Thor:Dark World(2013),Iron Man 3(2013),Captain America Winter Soldier(2014),Guardians of The Galaxy(2014),Ant-Man(2015),The Avengers 2:Age of Ultron

Marvel puts out a movie every year.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes more than one movie

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't saying we're disappointed mean we expected better of WB/DC?

Because that being the case, I don't think any of us can say we are.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Well atleast Warner Bros aren't in the situtation that Marvel is in they sold the rights to their characters to other studios

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well atleast Warner Bros aren't in the situtation that Marvel is in they sold the rights to their characters to other studios

True. On the other hand, Marvel has the television rights to those characters, such as Spider-Man and the X-Men, along with television series in the works which would presumably tie into their Cinematic Universe. Even if people from the two properties don't appear in a movie, they can appear in a television show. Also, Sony is open to working with Marvel: The Osborn Tower almost appeared in The Avengers, and only didn't due to technical difficulties.

So which would you prefer?

WB/DC, who owns all of their characters and does NOTHING with the vast majority of them, and those they do put out they make as dark as they can?

Or Marvel, who may not own ALL of their characters, but is squeezing as much of them onto screens as they can, and in such a way that you could film turning the pages of a comic book and get the same tone?

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Knightfall225

DC is great at animated films and tv shows though

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By SideburnGuru

God, I so want to argue with people still hyping DC with "SHIRTS, GAMES, AND SHOWS DOOOOD.". YEAH, but since half of them continously revolve around Batman and Superman, it's not saying much. Damn.

That's another thing. I'm waiting for DC to step away from those two as well. I give them props for Arrow, and it is good. But they need to capitalize more on other heroes now. Which Marvel truly exceeds at. I'm still waiting for DC to attempt to regain Aquaman's status from the casual audience after Superfriends.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Aquaman is my favorite hero after Batman and i completly agree with you. Does DC and WB not realize how great a Aquaman movie would look on the big screen? Atlantis would look great and Aquaman has great storylines that could tie into a JL movie. Like battle for atlantis

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, I so want to argue with people still hyping DC with "SHIRTS, GAMES, AND SHOWS DOOOOD.". YEAH, but since half of them continously revolve around Batman and Superman, it's not saying much. Damn.

That's another thing. I'm waiting for DC to step away from those two as well. I give them props for Arrow, and it is good. But they need to capitalize more on other heroes now. Which Marvel truly exceeds at. I'm still waiting for DC to attempt to regain Aquaman's status from the casual audience after Superfriends.

Yeah it's a little hard to believe they can't think of a good enough idea for an Aquaman live-action movie to make money, Wonder-Woman too for that matter.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Aquaman is my favorite hero after Batman and i completly agree with you. Does DC and WB not realize how great a Aquaman movie would look on the big screen? Atlantis would look great and Aquaman has great storylines that could tie into a JL movie. Like battle for atlantis

It's a risk DC won't take.

They're always in that comfort zone, for everything. Comics? Not as much, but still. Those two, Supes and Bats have more than any. Same with the shows. Same with the games. Same with the shirts.

Bats and Supes are their comfort zone. Period. They could build back Aqua-Man's legiatmatcy. But they won't. Why? Risks.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: I think the thing is ever since GL failed they're scared GL only made like 7,900 at the box office now compare that to something Batman and Superman normally make at the box office.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SideburnGuru

@jonsmith: I think the thing is ever since GL failed they're scared GL only made like 7,900 at the box office now compare that to something Batman and Superman normally make at the box office.

Doesn't really make it any better. GL was crappy, that's why.

If they don't release crappy movies, they won't get crappy results. It wasn't because of who it was. It's because of how they handled it.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: i beleive if they grew some balls and made an Aquaman movie that his popularity would go up higher than Ironman's did.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: i beleive if they grew some balls and made an Aquaman movie that his popularity would go up higher than Ironman's did.

Doubtful. They're not beating out Iron Man with any other character for awhile, other than Batman and Superman.

I'm just trying to be realistic. They're going to really need to build on a character to have them shine out more than Iron Man does. Iron Man is.. I'd say, Marvel's cinematic golden child. RDJ is a perfect actor for it. They really struck gold with that.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: True too..The plot was rushed..it wasn't all that great.Nor was the CGI.They still havent said if they're going to reboot it or continue it not sure if I want Ryan Reynolds in a Justice League Movie.Also Im not very satisfied with the casting on batman..Ben Affleck is such a boring actor..

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Most people think hes a joke, I predict it would bomb, like a loss of 75 million dollars bomb.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: I think it was best of both worlds for Marvel and RDJ.They gave him 50m just to do Iron Man 3 I believe he wanted more I think..he is a great actor though

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be then I realized. DC is only falling behind in the movies. Everywhere else they have been doing good. They have been putting out good comics, they have been putting out great games (Lego, Injustice, Arkham), they have had excellent and memorable TV shows through the years, they have been producing amazing animated movies, their characters can been seen at many amusement parks, and I see more people walking around with a shirt with a DC hero logo than a Marvel one. DC is only falling behind on the big screen though the Dark Knight trilogy is probably one of the best superhero trilogies around (how was Iron Man and Spiderman again?)

Totally agree.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By flameboy298

@savagedragon: Depends on so many factors for that to happen. (Bad director, Bad script..acting etc)

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: As long as RDJ stays on board, Iron Man will be safe. The Marvel movie-verse will stay ahead of the game for a bit.

@sideburnguru: True too..The plot was rushed..it wasn't all that great.Nor was the CGI.They still havent said if they're going to reboot it or continue it not sure if I want Ryan Reynolds in a Justice League Movie.Also Im not very satisfied with the casting on batman..Ben Affleck is such a boring actor..

He'll do okay. People will accept it because it's Batman, anyway.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225: Their was a aquaman tv show that had a few episodes or it was cancelled one or the other.But for Aquaman to really build up he needs to be in a JLA movie so people can see what hes made of.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By flameboy298

@sideburnguru: True..I'd be lying if I said I wouldnt go see it

But still Christian Bales acting too Ben Affleck.I mean c'mon

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: Doesn't really bother me with Bale to Affleck, because I never understood the hype behind Bale's Batman. His Wayne? I guess.

I thought his Batman was annoying. I didn't like the voice, and that's mainly where it's all about. Costume was done well, but I think Affleck will do better in the Batman aspect.

Bale's Batman didn't really have heart to me. His Wayne? I guess. His Batman? Nah.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Yeah...Blame Christopher Nolan to bad hes not apart of Batman vs Superman. But his Batmans detective skills really weren't shown much.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savagedragon: the only way it would bomb is if they titled the movie Aquaman. but if they just named it King of Atlantis people might go see it . Every detail counts in hollywood

AmazonieSPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like what Warner Bros did So far(but they could have works things better).

Alert this is an Bored Comment so dont give too much attention to it.

Top ''5'' Dc Comics Characters

1-FLASH

2-Captain Marvel/Superman(Depending a lot but most of the time i rather C.M.)

3-Batman/Green Arrow(Depending a lot but most of the time i rather Green Arrow)

4-Aquaman/Hal Jordan(Depending a lot but most of the time i rather Hal Jordan)

5-Wonder Woman

Top ''5'' Marvel Comics Characters

1-Hulk/Spider-man(Depending a lot)

2-Wolverine

3-Captain America

4-Iron man

5-Human Torch

AmazonieSPL

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225: He be much better off In a JLA movie IMO I mean it really all depends what director they get though if he were to get his stand alone movie.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea true i hope the director keeps the darker tone going

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have issues with the way their animated shows are handled or canceled.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savagedragon: the only way it would bomb is if they titled the movie Aquaman. but if they just named it King of Atlantis people might go see it . Every detail counts in hollywood

Agreed with the title, but the movie could bomb anyway even called King of Atlantis. Look at Green Lantern

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green lantern had a poorly done trailer as well