i wont be reading anything to with wally west a long

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

he's been de-aged, hes not part of the justce league either, the flash family dynamic is gone, HIS family dynamic is gone, his personality in the course of time will probably revert back to its original (at least from what can tell (from what i've seen on the vine) hes a little bit of a jerk)

whos with me?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HumanRocket

Can't give the character a chance? it's only been one issue -_-

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

You're such a racist for not liking new Wally!

That was sarcasm. I see why you're angry. I don't like how they totally undid everything that was Wally, but I really don't think we would've got back the Wally we all know and love. I'll still be reading the stuff just because I have been enjoying all the Flash stuff. Barry is one of my favorite heroes and I love Captain Cold, Grodd, Golden Glider, Mirror Master, and all those villains. Overall the Flash has a great cast of characters and I'm not having this drastic change of Wally ruin my attitude about my favorite ongoing book right now.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lifeofvibe: And your reading Catwoman ... you are part of the problem

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@timelord: anyone reading Cat woman forfeits their right to complain about anything else

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lifeofvibe

@timelord: nope not at all im still waiting for that joke of a writer to gets off the series

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'm not a big fan of what they did to Wally (honestly the race change was the least harmful of them) but out of respect to the writers, I will give it a few issues. I don't think that it's fair to punish them for the sins of the editorial staff.

It is a little sad what has happened to the second generation of DC Superheroes. Due to the fact that many of the main core of DC were aged down and with the existence of the third generation of heroes ala Cassie S, Bart Allen, the second generation were probably viewed by Dan Didio and co. as obsolete. We ended up having Dick Grayson getting dragged around by editorial mandates (though I will say, I dig the idea of Black-Widow-Grayson), Roy Harper being a shell of himself in RHATO, other members like Donna Troy and Garth have either been erased completely or only brief mentions and Wally West is Wally West only in name.

Hopefully the third generation will have better written stories and that the new Wally West becomes a good revelation because the new 52 really dropped the ball on the younger superheroes.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kilowog52

I'm sorry. Is it just me, or is the title of this thread completely incoherent?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lifeofvibe

@kilowog52: due to the character limit i was unable to use that many more words

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@timelord: anyone reading Cat woman forfeits their right to complain about anything else

This.

If you are reading Lobdell's Superman too then you shouldn't even post :-P

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

This.

Does two issues for Doomed count? I like to think Charles Soule and Gregg Pak will be able to make them coherent at least.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Squalleon

@timelord said:

@squalleon said:

@danhimself said:

This.

Does two issues for Doomed count? I like to think Charles Soule and Gregg Pak will be able to make them coherent at least.

You are forgiven :-P I think Superman will still be scripted by Lobdell so I don't expect improvement. I will only buy AC from this event.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm not a big fan of what they did to Wally (honestly the race change was the least harmful of them) but out of respect to the writers, I will give it a few issues. I don't think that it's fair to punish them for the sins of the editorial staff.

It is a little sad what has happened to the second generation of DC Superheroes. Due to the fact that many of the main core of DC were aged down and with the existence of the third generation of heroes ala Cassie S, Bart Allen, the second generation were probably viewed by Dan Didio and co. as obsolete. We ended up having Dick Grayson getting dragged around by editorial mandates (though I will say, I dig the idea of Black-Widow-Grayson), Roy Harper being a shell of himself in RHATO, other members like Donna Troy and Garth have either been erased completely or only brief mentions and Wally West is Wally West only in name.

Hopefully the third generation will have better written stories and that the new Wally West becomes a good revelation because the new 52 really dropped the ball on the younger superheroes.

the third generation is fairing much worse than the second at this point...I'd rather they not exist than what's been done to them at this point

Superboy is now the clone of Superman and Lois's alternate reality son...but the clone was recently killed and replaced with said son

Cassie is now the daughter of Lennox from the Wonder Woman book rather than the daughter of Zeus

Tim Drake is just an alias via witness protection program...we don't even know his real name

Bart has been changed to Bar Torr a killer from the future who randomly gets speed powers and narcs on all of his people and is placed on witness protection in the past

like I said..much worse than the second generation

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@danhimself: I don't necessarily disagree with you, as I said at the end, the new 52 has had a hard time with the younger superheroes, the third generation has really been mistreated from a writing standpoint and the second generation from an editorial standpoint.

Personally, I would rather have characters that I like exist even if they're written poorly just because all it takes is one good writer and it can transform the way in which an entire fanbase views a character. The best example of this is Green Arrow, it was mediocre, border-line on awful (check the best/worst of new 52 post) but then Jeff Lemire came in and really saved that character in the new 52. Now obviously, the odds of it happening to the third generation aren't great, but because of the idea of hope, it's better than nothing.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Yeah, cause I'm sure DC cares about the opinion of one person complaining on a forum site.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: im not complaining im just sugesting we dont buy anything with wallys name on it, i mean theres always the alternative...wait for it to come to your local libary!

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Can give him the character a chance? it's only been one issue -_-

Someone with a reasonable voice <3

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: have you found his humor in that annual? if not tell me when you find it (no really, if you dont mind)

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Al_capOWN

but you red cat woman HAHAHAHAHA what a load of caca.

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: I was wondering if anyone else noticed.....

Good name by the way also