Here's how DC should handle the Batgirl: Joker issue.

Weapon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok DC, here's a million dollar publicity idea. Make a limited run of the Batgirl: Joker variant covers and auction them off with all proceeds going to a battered women's shelter charity. You are welcome, you can have that one for free. If you think this is a good idea, tweet it to @DCComics. #SaveTheCover

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By 2cool4fun

The Batgirl Variant is the best one, I really don't want it to get taken off.

Also today's feminists are honest to god morons, first they help two girls who forced a boy to f@ck an animal & then cut him for fun to get less jail time & now they are being offended by a freaking comic book cover.

Also I found this picture, which I think is pretty funny.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: I like how they were given evidence that they asked for (thinking it didn't exist) and then blocked D3F4ULT after he/she produced it . Typical.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weapon0 said:

Ok DC, here's a million dollar publicity idea. Make a limited run of the Batgirl: Joker variant covers and auction them off with all proceeds going to a battered women's shelter charity. You are welcome, you can have that one for free. If you think this is a good idea, tweet it to @DCComics. #SaveTheCover

I've heard women's shelters discriminate against men. They will take a battered mother, but reject her 12 year old son. As such, I can not support this idea, since I can not support an organization that discriminates.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun said:

feminists are honest to god morons

That a very dangerous (and frankly uneducated) attitude to have.

Yes, there are extreme "feminists" who have some issues, but you can't dismiss feminism as a whole. That's like saying all Christians are morons because the KKK exist.

The reason I typed "feminists" in quotation marks is because by the definition of feminism, they aren't feminists.

Feminism by definition is the idea of gender equality. They just want women to be treated fairly, which they sort of aren't.

If you honestly believe that none of the women you know are in any danger if they walk home alone at night, or that they all get paid the same amount as their male co-workers, then I'm very happy for you, you must live in a wonderful neighbourhood.

But it does happen, and it happens too much. And that's just here; there are countries in the world where girls aren't allowed to go to school to get an education, there are countries where a rape victim is condemned while her male rapists go unpunished.

Feminism is incredibly important still, don't think that just because women are allowed to vote now that everything is totally cool in the world. The world needs feminism, and it really doesn't help anything when people accuse all feminist of being over-sensitive morons from Tumblr.

Yes, it is stupid to pull the Batgirl variant cover, it sends a worse message cancelling it than it would if they published it. But don't think this is feminism. It isn't.

The cover is awesome by the way, I wish they hadn't cancelled it.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@minisaladfresh great post. pretty much agree 100%. And I'm gonna steal that Christian-KKK saying!

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun said:

feminists are honest to god morons

That a very dangerous (and frankly uneducated) attitude to have.

Yes, there are extreme "feminists" who have some issues, but you can't dismiss feminism as a whole. That's like saying all Christians are morons because the KKK exist.

The reason I typed "feminists" in quotation marks is because by the definition of feminism, they aren't feminists.

Feminism by definition is the idea of gender equality. They just want women to be treated fairly, which they sort of aren't.

If you honestly believe that none of the women you know are in any danger if they walk home alone at night, or that they all get paid the same amount as their male co-workers, then I'm very happy for you, you must live in a wonderful neighbourhood.

But it does happen, and it happens too much. And that's just here; there are countries in the world where girls aren't allowed to go to school to get an education, there are countries where a rape victim is condemned while her male rapists go unpunished.

Feminism is incredibly important still, don't think that just because women are allowed to vote now that everything is totally cool in the world. The world needs feminism, and it really doesn't help anything when people accuse all feminist of being over-sensitive morons from Tumblr.

Yes, it is stupid to pull the Batgirl variant cover, it sends a worse message cancelling it than it would if they published it. But don't think this is feminism. It isn't.

The cover is awesome by the way, I wish they hadn't cancelled it.

If "feminism" is about gender equality, they picked a horrible name. Its like naming a movement for racial equality "Arianism".

Now about your arguments, men are more likely to be victims of all violent crimes than women. Women do get paid the same as men. https://youtu.be/58arQIr882w The countries where women aren't allowed to get an education are poverty stricken societies where schooling isn't a luxury like it is in the West. Education is a scarce resource. They simply can't waste the resource on a group that isn't expected to support themselves or to hold a job. Giving education to women in those cultures would be taking education away from men who are required to support themselves, their children, and their families. There are countries where female rape victims are treated like garbage, but in those same countries, male rape victims aren't even acknowledged. If their rapist is male, they are considered a criminal for committing homosexuality.

DanDiDio_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah...no.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superadam: It's called feminism because it was created at a time when even here women were just expected to stay at home and cook and clean, and the idea of having a job and voting was just ridiculous. At the time, it was just women who needed the help.

That's why it's different to your example of racial equality being called aryanism, because white people have historically been the dominant race. Traditionally, women have always been the ones discriminated against rather than men.

As for your other criticisms, they are all hideously misinformed.

Men may be more likely to be the victim of violence, but women are far more likely to be raped or kidnapped. In both cases, it's way more likely that the attacker will be male.

Granted, most of the time women are paid equally, but most isn't good enough. A lot of private businesses don't pay their workers equally still.

A lot of the reason for girls not being allowed an education is because of their traditionalist parents, not because of financial restrictions. I'd also like to draw attention to the example of Malala Yousafzai, who was shot for no other reason than she was a girl going to school.

And even in the places where it is due to financial reasons, you can't honestly believe that it's ok for girls to be denied an education because they won't be able to support a family? Surely you see that that's not an equal society? A woman could easily work and support a family if she was allowed to, but instead that's considered a waste of resources? You really see nothing wrong there?

As for what you said about male rape victims being ignored completely and their rapists condemned for homosexuality, well, feminism would have something to say about that kind of treatment too. But either way, that's STILL favourable to men; it's surely better for a rape victim to be ignored than stoned to death? And their attackers are still facing punishment (even if it's for the wrong reasons).

Come on, do you really believe that women are totally equal to men everywhere in the world and that feminism is unnecessary?

Anyway, I don't come to comic vine to debate feminism.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC should have just released the cover and said to hell with it. You'd make more money from the publicity than the feminists that don't buy the comics anyway.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't see anyone rushing out to get these banned:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epyon007 said:

DC should have just released the cover and said to hell with it. You'd make more money from the publicity than the feminists that don't buy the comics anyway.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By derekvang

I don't see anyone rushing out to get these banned:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Holy shet, dat Superman one with Aquaman doe

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52: I don't know man... I'd pay 12 cents to watch Superman taunt Jimmy and Aquaman lol!