#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

As hinted at by Colton Haynes, Hal Jordan MAY be appearing in season 2 of Arrow. Personally I doubt it will be as Green Lantern, but there's always the possibility. Given how much crap DC has put Hal through since the New 52 began, it'll be nice to see him get some respect elsewhere.

#2 Posted by War Killer (20145 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Carol Ferris, or at least her families business, was reference in Season One. But if he's not going to appear as Green Lantern, I really don't know how I would feel about that. Flash--I mean Barry Allen is already set to appear, yet it appears he won't be appearing as his alter-ego. I'm not sure how I feel about these characters appearing without their powers first, I'm afraid that DC may just make them random, non-powered characters.

#3 Edited by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad it's Hal showing up. I hope it's without powers because I want them very limited on the show.

#4 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: Well with Barry and Hal they can dance around showing them using their powers a bit. Barry is obvious, moving so fast that they don't really need to show him costume on his first appearance. With Hal they could make some references to a mysterious green light appearing in Coast City. Like have Coast City in the show be kinda like another Roswell, with Ollie or someone else bringing up all the "supposed" alien stuff. The famed Green Light of Coast City being one of them

#5 Posted by Black_Claw (2972 posts) - - Show Bio

Well at least I know I'll be looking forward to this. I highly doubt he'll be showing up as Green Lantern because the world of Arrow is appearing to go by the "no powers" rule of TDK trilogy.

#6 Edited by Smallville2106 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

It worked well in Smallville. The way characters turned up pre-alter ego. If they did it in a similar vein it could be quite good.

#7 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

As hinted at by Colton Haynes, Hal Jordan MAY be appearing in season 2 of Arrow. Personally I doubt it will be as Green Lantern, but there's always the possibility. Given how much crap DC has put Hal through since the New 52 began, it'll be nice to see him get some respect elsewhere.

What crap?

#8 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Carol Ferris, or at least her families business, was reference in Season One. But if he's not going to appear as Green Lantern, I really don't know how I would feel about that. Flash--I mean Barry Allen is already set to appear, yet it appears he won't be appearing as his alter-ego. I'm not sure how I feel about these characters appearing without their powers first, I'm afraid that DC may just make them random, non-powered characters.

Eh, Ferris aircraft was mentioned in the 22nd episode in one of the flashback sequences. It could be just a slight toss in to expand on the DCU or it could be foreshadowing. Impossible to tell but anything is possible considering they're introducing Barry into the DCU through the show.

#9 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: But technically Green Lantern's DON'T have powers. It's the rings, which fit perfectly in a super-realistic world. Besides aliens may or may not exist in the real world anyway.

#10 Posted by THORSON (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

i gotta get the season dvd of this....i hate watching tv. i don't watch tv.

#11 Edited by Killemall (18556 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally dont really see the appeal of having a character appear in a certain TV series without their power set, is that meant to be like an ester egg.

I would rather prefer Hal appear as a Green Lantern, and Barry as Flash or not at all.

Meh probably its just me who sees it that way.

#12 Posted by sagejonathan (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

If he doesn't show up as Green Lantern or at least have the ring on I will be mad,

#13 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't want to see Green Lantern in Arrow, but pilot Hal Jordan would be acceptable. Even then I'd prefer John Stewart.

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12989 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I wouldn't want to see Green Lantern in Arrow, but pilot Hal Jordan would be acceptable.

This. maybe even as a simple cop or somesuch.

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12989 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: But technically Green Lantern's DON'T have powers. It's the rings, which fit perfectly in a super-realistic world.

No it doesnt. Rings that create anything you want and let you fly around through space do not fit in a super realistic world.

Besides aliens may or may not exist in the real world anyway.

Weak argument. either way, it doesn't fit the tone of the series.

#16 Posted by TommyJones1945 (749 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds too awesome to be true, so I'll hold my breadth.