#1 Posted by Dolces (11 posts) - - Show Bio

O k, i want fair and logical responses between these two. I am a HUGE Green Lantern fan but i am not biased against Batman. The only problem i ever see with ??? vs Batman is the lack of explanation on how Batman beats all of these people. The 2 main things i always see are either ''He is the god damn Batman'' or ''His hand to hand combat is superior'' given that more than half of the supers would never submit to just using hand to hand combat.

#2 Posted by sinestro_GL (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the lantern, but generally I would say that any competent lantern could beat Batman.

If we're talking about Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Kilowog, Arisia, Sodam Yat, Sinestro, then I'm willing to make it a curb stomp for the lantern. They've dealt with beings stronger than Superman, and have won...so I see no reason why a tricky street-leveler would pose too much of a problem if they concentrate and not dismiss Bruce.

#3 Edited by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah any lantern should take this.

One thing Batman could do is chat the person up and pickpocket the ring or knock him out with gas unprepared or something along the lines, but that would require a lantern totally unaware theres gonna be a fight.

#4 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

@dolces: You're forgetting that he's the goddamn Batman and that his hand to hand combat is superior. Batman with the ONE-SHOT K.O. OF DOOM AND DEATH IN YOUR FACE!

#5 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1235 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he did steal Hals ring in Justice League. There was also the blinding thing he did to Kyle Rayner in Tower of Babel and the gas he used on Jordan in Doom. Those are just a couple of ideas.

#6 Posted by OmniBeast (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@dolces: You're forgetting that he's the goddamn Batman and that his hand to hand combat is superior. Batman with the ONE-SHOT K.O. OF DOOM AND DEATH IN YOUR FACE!

Okay... Well while bats is trying to go with the one hitter quitter, Hal is just gonna 'lantern' up a f15 and crash it into him. Maybe it's me but I don't think you can one hit quit that.

#7 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnibeast: You are also forgetting he's the Goddamn Batman and that his hand to hand combat is superior. The plane on the other hand, is not the Goddamn Batman and is not the superior hand to hand combatant, making Batman beat the plane.

In case you didn't read it, I'm making fun of the OP.

#8 Posted by OmniBeast (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Hehe, I don't know why, but all I can imagine is a humanoid like plane boxing with bats. Isn't Bats op for a human? Fast as the fastest man, strong as the strongest man? Pretty OP man.

#9 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@theocitylegend: him takimg off hals ring was PIS. Early new 52 jl hal was nor impressive, I mean how many times did batman rmimd him to focus

#10 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnibeast: He deserves to be OP, he's the Goddamn Batman and his hand to hand combat is superior :)

#11 Edited by OmniBeast (478 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnibeast: No counter can beat the Goddamn Batman, the master of superior hand to hand combat!

#13 Posted by JulieDC (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

No one wins. They cancel each other out.

#14 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats isn't able to beat any GL, except someone who just got a ring and doesn't know how to use it...

but he did knockout Guy Gardner :D

#15 Posted by Bezza (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always felt that super powered characters are holding back against Batman, as they don't want to kill him, which gives Batman a chance. However, Batman is a mean dude, I mean he carries an array of dangerous gadgets, some of which are mini bombs etc, he has a bullet proof suit giving him good resistance to injury and he is a master of preparation. He knows each character's weakness and how to suck punch them. I was reading Superman Red Son the other day when the Batman on that universe kept Superman talking whilst he was exposed to red sun radiation and lost his powers. That was quite crafty, but typical Batman.

#16 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Because, Batman.

Realistically speaking, in a random encounter scenario, there is little doubt that a Green Lantern would take a majority over Bats.