Do you guys want the superman/wonder woman series?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you guys want the superman/wonder woman series? (357 votes)

Yes 45%
No 39%
Indifference 15%

I've heard many people say they do and many say they don't. So I made this poll to get a better understanding. I honestly don't mind their relationship although i still think Clark should be with Lois and the trinity should not date. But superman and Wonder Woman being together right now doesn't bother me too much really because its looking like it might end in trinity war

Therefore I do not want an ongoing series about their relationship. The batman superman series is good because its action am about their developing friendship but a series about wondys and supes love sounds silly. Why not make a trinity book instead?

Thoughts?

• 
Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: You're falling in all the same topics everybody who refuses to think and repeats a well memorized speech does. His love for humans comes, of course, from his adoptive parents, which doesn't mean he has to be human to do that. He loves them even more because, when of age, he could realize how difficult it must have been for them to raise such a powerful alien kid, teaching him morals and values. Besides, who said you have to be human to love humans. Religions everywhere are filled with superior beings who supposedly love humans. Hell, even a dog can love humans without being one of us.

Guess what? In current comics Clark Kent and Diana Prince want to be with each other as much as Wonder Woman and Superman do. I don't have to rely solely on Fan Fics to enjoy that. Aaaw! And I still have very enjoyable Fan Fics to have a great time, though. Fortunately, I will continue having them when this all will be over and you and the people like you have their way.

Come to think of it you haters are such a pain in the ass that I can't help wonder if it wouldn't be preferable not to have Clark and Diana together in exchange of you people shutting the frack up. Naaaaah! It's great to have a comic book like this and it is great fun to see you all pissed off over nothing!

Let's say, for the sake of argument, they both want to be human. You think them naive and stupid enough to think that's possible? You think they can quit being who they are? Would you? Further more, Superman actually can: he has golden kryptonite for that. I wonder, if he wants it so badly, why not use it and live a happy human life? (Rhetorical. I already know the answer).

No, sure. No one is rising "Batgod" and "amazing Lois" above the rest of humanity. They're just a clear example of what humans can achieve. (snorts) You should ship them together, it would be ideal. If they survive each other, that is. Not enough room for their egos combined in the entire world.

Are you sure he can't be the better journalist by using his superpowers. A man who can see through walls and can hear private conversations at great distance? Whose speed allows him to be at the exact center of the events in seconds? Anywhere? Whose eidetic memory allows him to remember everything? Really...? I think It's more like he can run an entire news network by himself. I'd say he pities the wench and lets her win because he's too busy being the news.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: Oh, boy. Sometimes I wonder if you can even read. I mean, you can figure out the symbols and all, but the meaning escapes you. I think it is caused by your own will. The worst kind of blindness is that of whom refuses to see.

I never said he wants to be a god. He, IMHO, doesn't want to be anything else than what he knows is: a being with extraordinary abilities, who chose to use them for the good and benefit of all humanity.

Somewhere down the road you fell in love with "stupid Superman", the one who, when things get tough, goes running to the sun and spends some time there until everything's cool again. Unlike many Lois lane and Batgod Fans, Superman can think. At least, I believe the fictional character known as Superman, a.k.a. Clark Kent, can.

And guess what? He IS dating one of those goddesses! Go figure.

You like the current version of Wonder Woman in her own title? By Ass-arello? Seriously? That explains a lot. I'm so sorry for you right now(sob). Be strong. You'll outgrow it. In time (shakes head with a sad expression, thinking: "No, he probably won't")

Tell you what: Why don't you stick to "Superman Unchained" and the "Adventures of Superman" and let us, sentient beings, enjoy "Superman and Wonder Woman" peacefully for the short time we're allowed until stupidity takes charge again? There's plenty for everyone. Hey! you can add "Smallville, season 11" to the list. Free of charge. Deal? Everybody happy.

"Iconic" and "Inspirational". I knew I missed some of Lois' "true" attributes. I must've lost my copy of the "Cloister Handbook". Can I borrow yours?

Hilarious! Hilarious! Can I pick "Hilarious" instead of "sad"? Pretty please? "Sad" makes me sad (pouts)

At least my idiocy allows me to see and know that Superman and Clark Kent are the same person, unlike what you seem to discern. You DO know they're the same individual, don't you? In and out of costume...? Hello...? (knock-knock) Anybody in there?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

The reasons for not liking this relationship:

• The ultimate sign that the world is by DC considered non-canon
  • The relationship came out of nowhere (there was nothing beyond that 12th issue that hinted at this relationship forming.)
  • No chemistry between them
  • It's so far only been good to display how little Johns thinks of Diana, who he's written as a socially inept barbarian that cant even handle her own foes without having to drag the entire League into it... which will most likely continue.
  • So far it's been mostly handled by Johns and Lobdell, whom I don't consider amongst DC's best writers... and Soule started his Red Lantern run off by killing the most interesting character (he's gotten better I hear) and replacing him with Guy 'A-hole' Gardner so it's not promising
  • It has been by Didio described as an extension of the 'legend of Superman', with no mention of what it is supposed to be for WW... meaning it's something cooked up for Superman's benefit not Wonder Womans, and is probably also the reason she has avoided having to mention it in her own book (thankfully).
  • So far it only seems to feature Superman villains and is considered a Superman-family book
  • And Tony Daniels... we are almost guaranteed to see a lot of Diana's shapes.
Avatar image for helenabortinelly
HelenaBortinelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: If you like her, why do you want to Lois was killed?

I would like that would Lois have had its own series.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: First of all, I'm funny. My mommy told me so, ngnaaa! (sticks out tongue)

I really, really hope it was a typo when you called ASS an ASS. If not, I'll treasure it for life anyway.

It's educational, isn't it. I mean, to hear my explanations. But you are wearing out your chances to be educated. However, I'm in the mood to indulge some more lesson on you. Do not waste them.

I'm amazed that you, all high and mighty defender of tradition, demanding me to have some standards, are so willingly submitting to a guy who pisses on everything Wonder Woman was till now. His Wonder Woman is a masturbatory, self contained and isolated character, disrespecting everything her lore taught us about her. Since you're so worried about the 75 years of Lois Lane tradition, why are you not screaming your lungs out at what this SoB is doing to the 72 years of Wonder Woman's tradition? He didn't even keep her f**ing origin, for crying out loud!!

And YOU, YOU ARE OKAY WITH IT? This only proves you give a shit about Wonder Woman, you only care about Superman being with Lois and Diana with Bruce...or is it Steve...well, I don't think you even know by now. Ha, ha! Yeah, I'm the one who twists my own words in order to sustain an argument. I've endured this far hoping I was dealing with a thinking person. Too much hope for nothing. Go and call your mommy to help you. You're done, as far as I'm concerned. I very much doubt anybody else than us is reading this exchange of opinions between you and me, but if anyone dares, I bet they understand why I'm withdrawing now, before you embarrass yourself any further.

If you want to be humiliated some more, if you want me to wipe the floor with you and your stupid arguments and notions, please, contact me at my Tumblr blog: http://godstaff.tumblr.com/, and we will do this more privately. The only thing I can promise you, is that there will be a lot more foul language.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Outside_85

@toplel said:

@outside_85 said:
  • The relationship came out of nowhere (there was nothing beyond that 12th issue that hinted at this relationship forming.)
  • No chemistry between them

Well, I recall reading Johns saying there was some foreshadowing and flirting earlier on. I think he meant their first interaction: "You're strong", "I know". And then him checking out her butt occasionally. And then her kicking him in his guts. Id say thats enough to satisfy those whod read them no matter what and doesnt make a difference to those who know what DC is really up to; a marketing gimmick. You cant blame them for not trying.

Hmm probably explains why Diana sorta swooned when he just landed on the roof next to her...

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By darkman61288

@godstaff: Azz's story is an attempt to bring WW into the 21 century. And is not that bad. Her new origin is much better to be adapted into movies for the general public than the old one.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: Make him land next to Marvel's Sue; Dr. Doom :)

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: Every bit of the Ass-arello's books about Wonder Woman is based on her new origin as Zeus daughter, hence all the god siblings, Hera's vengeance against her mother and sisters, the olympian enemies, and little baby brother who she has to save, who, by the way, should be two years old by now. So, again, tell me, how is it not about her origins when you say you like it better? At least Johns version is a hero with the clear mission of protecting the outside World, not only two people, Zola and her baby, a mission that, did I say it already? Is taking the best part of the last Two, TWO, 2 years (Let's call Guinness, I think we have a record here). With Johns she got to fight Cheetah, one of her traditional enemies. You said you were all about tradition, at least when it comes to Lois you are. By the way, did you answer me when I pointed that out? Mmnope, you didn't. To hot to handle? Too close to the truth?

You just don't like Johns take on her because she's dating Superman, and you hate it. Hater.

And,just like that, I've addressed one more of silly your points you said I avoid. You live in denial, man. Good for you! That way you're always right!

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as they don't make her a second fiddle to Superman, why not ?

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Godstaff

@darkman61288: No, he is not. He's trying to refloat her mythological status, only that. She's not even part of the real world, so, how can she be part of the twenty first century?

What Ass-arello is trying to do is making for himself a reputation as the man who forever changed Wonder Woman's history and origin, which, in spite her many reincarnations, remained untouched in honor of her author. Ass has no respect at all. Her new origin is an unnecessary trope everybody could have done without.

akintoussaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By akintoussaint

@godstaff: The percy jackson books did a wonderful job of mixing greek mytho with a modern world environment.I don't see how the same cant be done with with WW's current origin.This is a fictional universe we're talking about.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don`t get why people hate the idea so much, it would be great to see superman team up with some one who is close to the strength he has, and not only with batman, i mean i love bats/sups as much as the next guy, but i`m kinda tired of superman holding back so bats can look good as well, i wanna see him fight for real together with some one who matches his strength.

Also it might finally bring some believable chemistry between them, at least i hope it does...it better!!

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akintoussaint: If Ass-arello cared to include Diana in the modern world, that is. So far, she could be operating in ancient Greece for what it seems. Besides, I love Greek mythology, and it's gods didn' look anything like the gallery of freaks Ass and Chiang are presenting us. How do I know? Well, for starters, there is a ton of statues and paintings proving it.

What Ass-arello is trying to do is making for himself a reputation as the man who forever changed Wonder Woman's history and origin, which, in spite her many reincarnations, remained untouched in honor of her author. Ass has no respect at all. Her new origin is an unnecessary trope everybody could have done without.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Godstaff

@2cool4fun: Guess who their first enemies are?

No Caption Provided

Yep. Doomsey and Z.

akintoussaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By akintoussaint

@godstaff: Fine. that his choice.And frankly if I were to get pissed every time a writer/Artist puts his own vision on how the gods should look for the sake of the show/book.I would have died of a heart attack years ago.

Yea sure.He couldn't possibly simply just want to tell his vision of the character' story.Definity cannot be that.Everyone got to have a ulterior motive for doing shit.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: Yeah. I'm an idiot. Thank goodness I have you to make me notice that.

"use whatever villains you want as long as you stay true to her character, who she is and how shes supposed to behave." True to the character?...alright, genius, what is Wonder Woman character supposed to be?: A hero who fights evil and injustice world wide, but also, you'd know this if you bother to read her comics, a champion of her people to the outside world, a messenger of peace and an avatar of truth. You don't like that? Okay. She also is part of an organization called Justice League, dedicated to bring protection and justice to the whole world. She also is an advocate for women around the world, teaching them and men also how it is possible to live a life without segregation of gender, race, religion or social status. She is many things more, but I didn't see a single one of them in her solo book. And, apparently won't be seeing them any time soon.That's not being faithful to the character. Nope, not at all. I have, admittedly, yet to see some of them in the other books, but, at least, she is part of the outside world. Ass-arello? sure, you love him for that piece of excrement called "For Tomorrow". Typical Cloister. Superman was about to send the whole world to the crapper because of his love for Lois. Beautiful. Clois fans loved it. Jim Lee send them all a concealed message when he dressed Lois in typical Themysciran outfits and made her defy gravity, but the idiots didn't even notice. Priceless.

Wondy isn't allowed to have some second thoughts and insecurities? May I remind you that those Superman/Lois stories you love so much had the Man of Still(ness) doing nothing but have second guessings of himself and his mission constantly, dropping everything every time Lois called (except in "Our Worlds at War", when he let her father die to save who he thought was Diana instead. Lol). Iron age Superman was the worst Superman ever, I'm not just saying it, it's common knowledge, except for you people, who don't care, because he was married to amazing Lois, and that's what's important. Standards my sweet ass.

You don't care Diana if has insecurities, you are pissed because it was Superman who comforted her and showed her what she already knew, but needed to remember. You don't care that she's a "barbaric psycho bitch" (did you come with this on your own? wow!), you are pissed because she acted like that in order to protect Superman, which is not true, because she has other motives to do what she did, but you don't care, you just use the parts you need to support your ridiculous arguments.

Zeke better be the prophesied second coming, because after 22 issues and almost two, TWO, 2 years, the story hasn't moved much. Yeah, yeah, a lot of characters coming an going. Tell me one really important thing that made the story move towards a conclusion, after two, TWO, 2 years.

Yup. Pretty interesting reading. For the likes of you, perhaps.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: Funny you began you usual nonsense naming Jesus.

As you know, there is a classic image of Jesus every artist stick to. Yet there isn't any real description of how he really looked like. Without any intention of being disrespectful, let me tell you that the image we know to be his, is just tradition based on loose references. I know. You may say that this is different because he was real, he existed.

Again. The imagery of Jesus of Nazareth may or may not be his, yet is the one universally accepted, give or take a few shades in the color of his hair.

And, even though your little mind can't grasp it, the Greek gods were very real for them, so, they represented them taking as models the most beautiful among men and women. Many great artists who came later, understood this and based their representations according with that idea of physical perfection. I'm not saying it's mandatory, but it would be nice to respect at least that, since everything else is of Ass-arello's twisted mind invention.

Any other stupid comment?

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: Oh! you find me amusing! Happy to hear it. Not a surprise. You, on the other hand, are kind of a party pooper. No sense of humor and no writing style. No grace.

So, Superman is human. Who is twisting things to accommodate their needs? Once and for all: Superman is not human! He was born on another planet, another solar system! He was sent here by his desperate parents just before their world exploded! He was raised by a magnificent couple of humans, but he also has the education of his alien world from his alien parents, who stored the info in the ship's computer so he could learn where he came from! Unlike you, Superman is an intelligent being who can conciliate his two upbringings into the person who decided to fight for justice and protect the innocent. How long are you gonna deny that fact in order to sustain you frail ideas? Are you that far gone? Incredible!

Suspension of disbelief. That thing that makes you think that what you are reading or seeing is, to some extent, real. In DC universe exists a place called Themyscira, which, for all intends and purposes, is real inside the boundaries of said universe. In such place of said universe, they manufacture a distinctive kind of dress, typical from there. Hence "Themysciran dress". I know, I know. It's a hard concept. Take your time. Relax or your head would swollen.

Azzarello is an ass, an attention whore. His WW has some resemblance with the traditional, but she can't be concerned with ONLY ONE PROBLEM for so long, when there is a lot of people in need of help. That can't be her. She has an hyperboost of power called the "God Mode", which is a lazy way to write situations in which she's outmatched and, instead of use her wits and experience, she just taps into the "God Mode". That's a mischaracterization of her. That hurts her character far more than her relationship with Superman. Yet, you are strangely okay with it because Superman is out of the picture. Very particular standards you have.

Warriors have feelings too, as does diplomats and even royalty. Yes, I know, another alien concept for you: feelings. Bear with me. It's not so hard. When in battle or hard negotiations, the professional takes over, facing all the responsibilities of the job. When the job is done and warrior friends gather around some glasses of liquor, their defenses lower, the tongues get loosen and the truth comes out. Sometimes the liquor is not neede, just the need to take something out of their chests. But they choose who to share it with, who to confide in. Nobody can stay in attack mode all the time (well, except Batgod, may be). It's not my shipping tendencies which allowed me to see that, it's common sense. Yes, it's an adult thingy. Ask your mommy. So, Diana lowered her defenses in front of a comrade she trusts her life to everyday. It's not such a big deal, and it doesn't mean she won't be ready for battle next time she's needed. Should you have any friend, perhaps you would be able to understand this. Until then, trust my words.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be more excited if I wasn't already buying the other 4 superman ongoings( superman, action comics, superman unchained, batman/superman). I cant pass on a superman title, so I will buy it, just kinda annoying.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Neither Batman/Wonder Woman or Superman/Wonder Woman is good for Diana in the long run. However I do feel SM/WW is worse than BM/WW mostly cause with Batman there is some contrast which will make her somewhat distinct, there are some things she can teach Batman.With Superman there is nothing for her,he's everything she is just better.

I'll give this series a shot,it has Zod,Daniel and possibly New Gods.The pairing itself is bleh,DC has given me no reason to care for it and it doesn't help that Azzarelo has no desire to go introduce it in his own book.

Bring on Orion/Wonder Woman.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#184  Edited By entropy_aegis

@toplel said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Bring on Orion/Wonder Woman.

I actually wish Azz could. Still, we're getting good interaction between them and Im loving the influence she has on him. Good stuff.

Far more entertaining than Supes/WW that's for sure.

Overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it will be interesting

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@godstaff:

"When I say Superman is human, I mean that he mentally is one; his desires etc are shaped by how he grew up. His powers dont define him; take them away and hes a normal dude."

Let's see: Ehmm, his powers don't define his, but without them he's a normal dude? Then, according to that, I'd say that his powers DO define him: no powers, no Superman. Do you read what you write? It doesn't seem so.

Its not said anywhere that that particular style of dress is Themysciran; those are normally longer in length and are called chitons. Stop seeing things that arent there.

Yeah. The fact remains that Lois was wearing Diana's-like garments. I bet you thought she looked hot in them.

She used god mode only once; shes been using her skills more often than not. I agree that making her Zeus' kid and giving her god powers was lazy and unnecessary, but he isnt abusing it as much as people make it out to be.

So, it's wrong, but it's okay because he only did it once? It's still there. ready to be used as, literary, a "deus ex machina" resource whenever he finds himself in trouble. Besides, In the next of you dumb points, you are condemning Diana for loosing her composure just once. Man, check your standards. You can't use them as you see fit and disregard them when no longer convenient.

Again, she got all baby faced and crying cause of something that was very idiotic. Hell, Batman even says that Cheetah was accused of 'attempted murder'. Heres a warrior used to dealing with evil gods and beasts that kill without remorse and shes crying cause she got betrayed by Cheetah. Nope. Nope. Nope. Stop trying to defend shitty writing just for the sake of your insipid ship.

Again: should you ever had any friend, you'll understand that the betrayal that hurts the most is the one of the person you trusted the most. She wasn't betrayed by Cheetah, she was betrayed by Barbara Minerva, her friend. She knew nothing about her criminal record, and neither did Batgod, or he would/should have warn her before.

And my insipid ship is in for the moment. Deal with it :)

So, you like Orion/Diana. Seriously? A guy who slapped her in the butt and called her "Legs"? And that's not degrading for her? That's a better chemistry than the one she has with Clark? You are so pathetic...excuse me, I have to puke.

And I knew you loved Ass-arello.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: Let's see:

- So you say. But they do, and they are.

-Read her comics. May learn something.

- No, the one acting like a sissy bitch is you.

-Yes you do.

-So you say. Watch the shoes. Hey!

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#192  Edited By jumpstart55

Just Superman and Wonder Woman? Nah.

But Superman Batman and Wonder Woman? Yea bring it on.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@godstaff:

"-I read her comics. I learned that you were wrong."

OMFG!!! You are right!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gosh! You're sooo f**ing clever!

good thing for you I've only included the official ones.

The Lynda Carter ones are just a bonus so you can see what a beautiful woman looks like once in you sad life.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: If you like her, why do you want to Lois was killed?

I would like that would Lois have had its own series.

did my post get deleted?

Bc watching Superman over the years he is bigger then metropolis. Metropolis has plenty of its own heroes ans superman is strong enough to save universes. By having him attached to Lois he is tied to Metropolis and will never ascend to the next level until she dies (which she never dies) so she needs to die with everyone knowing in the future he will become Superman Prime One Million and will be with Lois then but until then he needs to stay away from her. She had become boring. She should travel the world writing stories on the future of the planet with heroes around, the greatness of Superman and stuff like that

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Superman is the Earth's Champion not the universe's. The character loses something not being involved with humanity. That special part of him being Clark Kent and Lois represents that part.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288: Totally agree.

"She’s vitally important because without Lois he loses his contact with humanity. Lois is his contemporary and his connection to humanity."

— Henry Cavill on how important Lois Lane is to the Superman myth from MTV interview at the Superman 75th Party, July 19, 2013

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Superman is the Earth's Champion not the universe's. The character loses something not being involved with humanity. That special part of him being Clark Kent and Lois represents that part.

@darkman61288: Totally agree.

"She’s vitally important because without Lois he loses his contact with humanity. Lois is his contemporary and his connection to humanity."

— Henry Cavill on how important Lois Lane is to the Superman myth from MTV interview at the Superman 75th Party, July 19, 2013

I thought this was a poll about Superman and Wonder Woman. What the hell has Lois to do with this, guys? I mean, I like Cavill and the recent movie, but it's absolutely irrelevant here.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godstaff: Why not?Lois is inextricably linked with Superman already 75 years old.Wonder Woman by popularity inferior to her.

I assume that the events this comics is going to be set before Trinity War.

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no.