Do you guys want the superman/wonder woman series?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you guys want the superman/wonder woman series? (357 votes)

Yes 45%
No 39%
Indifference 15%

I've heard many people say they do and many say they don't. So I made this poll to get a better understanding. I honestly don't mind their relationship although i still think Clark should be with Lois and the trinity should not date. But superman and Wonder Woman being together right now doesn't bother me too much really because its looking like it might end in trinity war

Therefore I do not want an ongoing series about their relationship. The batman superman series is good because its action am about their developing friendship but a series about wondys and supes love sounds silly. Why not make a trinity book instead?

Thoughts?

• 
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

@dtslanterncorps said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@dtslanterncorps said:

@tdk_1997 said:

First,Superman shouldn't be in so many books.Second,if Soule manages to make this relationship even a little good it would be great but I doubt it.And last but not least,no I don't want this book.

Well hot damn, if anything they need to cool down on the Batman books.

They should indeed but DC know that Batman sells better than Superman and that is why we receive so many Batman books.

It's called the money, if it was the flash that was the cash cow, he would have 17 books as well.

It's like they don't care about anyone else.

Well if Flash was getting DC so much money as Batman he would indeed have as many titles as him but he doesn't so DC publish in what they are secure.

They need to learn to take risks, i bet people would buy the crap out of a MMH series, but nooo..... Harley Quinn -_-

Well there are actually way more people that want a Harley Quinn book which is written well and DC know that her last series lasted long enough for a character like her.

Avatar image for dtslanterncorps
DTSLanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@dtslanterncorps said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@dtslanterncorps said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@dtslanterncorps said:

@tdk_1997 said:

First,Superman shouldn't be in so many books.Second,if Soule manages to make this relationship even a little good it would be great but I doubt it.And last but not least,no I don't want this book.

They should indeed but DC know that Batman sells better than Superman and that is why we receive so many Batman books.

It's called the money, if it was the flash that was the cash cow, he would have 17 books as well.

Well if Flash was getting DC so much money as Batman he would indeed have as many titles as him but he doesn't so DC publish in what they are secure.

They need to learn to take risks, i bet people would buy the crap out of a MMH series, but nooo..... Harley Quinn -_-

Well there are actually way more people that want a Harley Quinn book which is written well and DC know that her last series lasted long enough for a character like her.

Trust me, they are WAY more people that are itchin for a MMH series. Batfans just wont admit it because they don't read anything else.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

@dtslanterncorps said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@dtslanterncorps said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@dtslanterncorps said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Trust me, they are WAY more people that are itchin for a MMH series. Batfans just wont admit it because they don't read anything else.

I am a Batfan and I don't want a Harley Quinn book but I want an MMH book.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm a little confused by the grammar of this (want "a" vs want "the"). Is this an announced series? Based on language in another thread it sounds like IS. (If so... HUGE thumbs down. I love Superman, but he's got enough books already. Please stop).

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go for it, as long as it's a team up book and not an exploration of their relationship. Which honestly, I can't imagine it being because a comic focused on a romantic relationship (while fighting the bad guys) won't last too long.

I see the two of them getting along as good friends with unique insights no other heroes understand and on that premise -- go off and fight the good fight together as two of the most powerful beings in the Universe. Sounds good to me. Plus, I would like to see more Wonder Woman and wonder how this new depiction would be -- just for curiosity's sake.

Avatar image for dtslanterncorps
DTSLanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Give Wonder Woman another solo book! Superman and Batman owns half of the New 52 books between the two of them..... That Wonder Woman Superman this not going to last....

srk_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By srk_1

http://i.imgur.com/FMEflqu.gif

How about the return of Sensation Comics?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Twentyfive

DC is wasting books on the same handful of characters.

So, no. Screw that.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will give this book a shot. I don't hate SM and WW together and it sounds like a fun book, if it sucks I will drop it no big swoop.

But I really like the idea of a Trinity comic with the big three doing big things that would be great.

BTW all of you who are saying that SM and BM have enough books and we don't need any more, why? I do not get any of SM or BM solo books but I do get JL and BM and SM so my point is if you read them to much who's fault is it?

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Only like Wonder Woman in Justice League, find her solo acts boring as hell. When is Superman going to marry a Kryptonian & have a real child? With all of these renegades all over the place you'd figure some survivor wouldn't be evil as hell (except for Sups' family).

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By johnqestion

The question will be answered when the actual sales come in and for the record...didn't you know people all Stephanie Brown and she's the best DC heroine ever and she will eclipse even Batman according to fan polls like this on the internets?

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Give Wonder Woman another solo book! Superman and Batman owns half of the New 52 books between the two of them..... That Wonder Woman Superman this not going to last....

WW's title has already fallen below 40K...Hell no...a second title is NOT even going to happen.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Want! Want! Want!

Wondy_X_Supes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This poll won't prove anything. There will always be more people against us and the Lois and Steve Trevor fans will go out of their way in times like this.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wondy_x_supes: And yet, DC is betting on the power couple based solely on sales. What a foolish way to do business ;-) "Money talks, BS walks", people.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godstaff: that's is a great picture I just wish WW more villains than just the gods like Dr. Psycho or Giganta

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Trinity book wouldn't work. At least not for Diana and Clark. It would be all about Bruce, as always.

As Batman is not in the same power levels of the other two, the writers would try to underplay Superman and Wonder Woman to give the Bats something to do, thus hurting both characters, making them look stupid to emphasize how much smarter than them Batman is, which is why they need him so desperately.

Yes to another Wondy solo book, only it won't be happening any time soon. May be this book is what she need to get out of the Azzarello's olympian curse and show her worth as a real superhero in the real world.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

"The greatest superheroes of them all!...Together they form an unbeatable team - A titanic twosome"

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:<

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Godstaff

Everything has been already decided, and our opinions in this poll are quite irrelevant. It's only a matter of the book finally hitting the comic stores stands in October and then we will decide if we want it or not with our money. Nothing else :D

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deaditegonzo

@godstaff said:
No Caption Provided

Want! Want! Want!

Sweet! I love this promo, is it official?!

@godstaff said:
No Caption Provided

"The greatest superheroes of them all!...Together they form an unbeatable team - A titanic twosome"

Nice, two great posts in a row.

I'll admit, this is a dream series for me. Everyone has a book theyd love to see in their wildest dreams, and this is one of mine. I only hope everyone is so lucky to see a book they always dreamed of.

Btw, that lower scan hits the nail on the head, IMO, they are the two greatest heroes in all comic-dom.

misschanel1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By misschanel1111

I know Superman and Wonder Woman, but i'm not someone who follows their story in the comic. I've watched Superman returns movie in theater.I've also been watching a Superman movie on HBO a few months ago, but i was not overly impressed with the plot. I never spend my money and time to buy and read their comics, until one day my brother gave information that Superman is now dating Wonder Woman. Since then i feel very passionate about and follow all their story with buying all those comics like Justice League, Superman, Action, Wonder Woman. I was disappointed because i had heard that they were going to break up in the event of trinity war. But after i learned that DC will make Superman-Wonder Woman comics exclusively, where they both are the main characters in this book, i re-excited. And now i have a new hobby, which in addition to collecting all their comics, i also collect merchandise and their dolls. Therefore i really like and support their romantic relationship. Hopefully their romantic relationship durable and long lasting. And i also support their new book in October. Thank you DC.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Godstaff
No Caption Provided

This coupling is a thing that's being brewing for a long, long time now. It has, now, come to it's natural conclusion. I don't see why everyone is so surprised at it. Let's hope the writers do justice to both characters and enjoy the ride.

Daisyjane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Daisyjane

Unlike Batman, the actual numbers that the Superman comics are selling do not really support the number of books he is getting. I think a lot of it is just to promote the hell out of the character because of the movie and the anniversary of the character. I am not apposed to them doing this as I like the character but to say his comics are really doing that much better than Wonder Woman is kind of a fallacy especially seeing the numbers drop severly on Action after Grant Morrison left the title. I don't really expect the numbers to last on this title but if it really crashes and burns maybe we won't have to put up with seeing this dull pairing for another 20 years. So let TPTB get this nonsense out of their systems.

And to think that Superman and Wonder Woman have to be watered down to work with Batman is just shows a lack of imagination. But since DC has proved that they lack imagination and the ability to tell good stories you are probably right.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Just think of the badass fight scenes a book starring Superman and Wonder Woman can produce.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Godstaff

@daisyjane: My lack of imagination has just two things to say to you: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoons. May be a third, Every Superman/Batman or Justice League animated feature produced in the last ten years, where Batman usually, unnecessarily and inexplicably steals the show.

Oh, perhaps you are a Bat-Fanboy, in which case you are unable to discern those anomalies and see them as natural. Please, excuse me.

Daisyjane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well sweetie if anything I am a fangirl that loves Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman. I don't worship the Batgod but then I am not unreasonably biased toward Superman either. I appreciate good storytelling and lately DC hasn't given us any. Timm admitted at first that he thought he had to take out Superman to make the threat seem large enough to justify having a Justice League but over time it got better and Superman got tougher. And yeah sometimes Batman was a bit much but it did show him getting injured and hurt. But it was a cartoon with certain storytelling limits.

Honestly having Superman not challenged either mentally or physically would be kind of boring storytelling. I mean even the Ancient Greeks had mere mortals winning against gods(though often at a great cost). To believe just because someone is a non Meta human doesn't mean they have something to contribute to the story is really narrow thinking. One of the things that makes Superman so great to me is how very human he is on the inside. How he can appreciate what Batman brings to the table in their friendship and partnership. Or how he admires someone like Lois Lane, who will risk her life to report the truth. Superman doesn't see himself as a God to lord over humanity because he thinks of himself as part of humanity but someone who has gifts that can help the world.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Godstaff

@daisyjane: I¡m sorry, Fangirl. I'd like to think I'm reasonably biased towards superpowered heroes when it comes to space action, alien invasions, parademons, global threats and such. Let Batman and the human heroes deal with the mad scientists, evil geniuses, powered suited villains, etc. This forum is about Superman and Wonder Woman, so we should probably leave Batman out of here. I just mentioned him because someone said it would be better to have a Trinity book instead. The previous instances having the Trinity were almost disapointing. I mean both the three part story and the 52 parts one, so let's try something different this time.

Daisyjane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Daisyjane

Well this is again where I disagree because a non powered character may be able to contribute just as much to such a fight as they bring a different skill set. I am a big scifi fan and one of my favorite shows is Dr. Who. By your thinking why does the Doctor bother to have a human companion? He is basically a godlike genius being, how can a human be of any use to him. One the companion provides someone for the audience to relate to and two that companion often provide a perspective that helps the Doctor. Another favorite scifi show of my is Farscape and again the human character is clairly not as smart or as strong as his alien allies but he often comes up with a plan to save the day because he approaches problem differently than the others. None of the characters were dumbed down or made less interesting in fact the chemistry of these various viewpoints and abilities made the show interesting. So Batman can provide much in these situations and play off nicely with both Superman and Wonder Woman. The point of the story is to be interesting and to engage your audience and they need something that they can relate. Having two heroes with basically the same skill set isn't that interesting. We are both strong so we will both punch the bad guy. Yawn.

And I liked the Matt Wagner Trinity as all the characters had moments to shine and fail and the chemistry was quite interesting between the characters. I also liked 52 Aftermath The Four Horsemen for this reason. I love the chemistry between the Trinity. There is tension, humor and friendship which help make interesting stories.

So I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, no. I see reason in what you're saying. In fact, in my latest fan-fic, I have Superman explaining Wonder Woman why Bruce is a better tactician than her, in spite of her many years as warrior: simply because when she fights, being invulnerable and immortal, she focuses on the attack, not so much on defense, and lets her invulnerability take care of the holes on her defensive positions, while Batman, being mortal and fragile, needs to consider all aspects of his style. This is something that they translate unconsciously to the field when planning a large scale battle, so Batman's plots and schemes are more thorough and comprehensive.

That said, I consider he has no place on the front line of a battle beside the powerhouses as they usually put him. He and the rest of the humans should be the last line of defense and let the superpowered ones work without the distraction of having to protect them.

Daisyjane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except Wonder Woman isn't completely invulnerable and she would also have to focus on defense and strategy. She is durable yes but she wears armor and deflects bullets for a reason. And why can't non powered people be part of the fight using weaponry and fighter aircraft. There are many ways to even the playing field. Booster Gold is a regular human with advanced tech and so is Batman really. They use technology to give them an advantage and that doesn't dumb down other heroes or make other heroes less great.

Daisyjane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually the more I think about it Diana would be the one saying to Superman something like Bruce would understand because he also knows what it is like not to be completely invulnerable. I mean she was trained in tactics by her Amazon sisters who, while also strong and durable, are by no means invulnerable. So basically you just dumbed down Diana's skill set to make Superman look smarter.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daisyjane: Wondy's last reincarnation is almost as invulnerable as Supes. She practically doesn't need her bracelets any more.

Booster uses force fields and shots beams from his forearms. Bats abhors all those gimmicks, usually. But if he comes to his senses and start using them, I'd say he can stay in the big leagues. What I'm saying is that he is, much often than not, portrayed as joining the fight unprotected, withstanding the same conditions and explosions as the supers without major consequences than the others (remember the first fight of the JL against Darkseid, in the new 52?). I oppose to that. He has (as seen in Night of Owls) an armored mecha-suit, with weapons and all, he should be using in every major battle. The regular Bat-suit is okay for urban protection, but not any good in every critical situation, with explosions, ray weaponry, etc.

I'm quitting talking about Batman before they kick me out of here. If you want to discuss this any further, go to my Tumblr blog, under godstaff's oasis

KingRobbStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Superman and Wonder Woman comic would bring nothing new to the 52. It would only be an extension of Action Comics. And those crying about "boo hoo too much Batman comics" or "boo hoo too much Superman comics" should, to put it simply, shut the fuck up. There is a reason, and that reason is demand. People wan't, DC give. Simple eCOnoMICS.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Godstaff
No Caption Provided

If well written, this book could be a hit. It could be the basis for a lot of situations: adventure, heroism, fighting, magic, science fiction, romance, humor, friendship, drama. Practically nothing is out of the possibilities of what this couple can cover.

Those who consider these two together boring, can't see the whole spectrum of stories they allow to be written for them.

I hope the current writer and the following ones are not as myopic as those naysayers and really take advantage of the gold mine they had landed upon.

DC has been profiting from them as a couple or a team since the 1970s at least, in merchandising mostly, but also in a lot of elsewolrds stories, and finally grew the stones to make them official. I hope for good stories, because they are the only way readers would be interested and buy the book. They need a writer who loves them and understands them, not an idiot who says they are "too complicated" to write or "what can you do with two almighty demigods?". Please, leave those stupid ones out and bring capable people who, first and foremost, like them and have enough imagination to milk them as they deserve.

It's the first time in comic history a couple of this power level are together in their own book, so don't say you know how lame they are, because you have no idea of what they can do together. You may dislike them, of course. If that's so, you just don't buy their comic and that's it.

But wishing for the book to fail "a priori" only shows how full of hate a person can be.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daisyjane: One last thing: You misunderstood. I toned Diana down to give Batman a reason to be with the League (or else, he would just be a brooding annoyance), not to make Supes look smarter.

Daisyjane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Daisyjane

@godstaff: First off I don't like that they keep trying to make WW so invulnerable, she is not a Kryptonian, and it kind of ruins what is special about her. What is the point of her training and honing her reflexes. I love that she has to delect bullets and wears armor and trains to to be a warrior and doesn't just rely on her gifts. She uses skill to make up for her weaknesses and I think that gets lost when people try to turn her into Superman with tits. That should be reserved for Supergirl and Powergirl.

And if you have to dumb down WW to give Batman a purpose then you probably don't really understand either character or what either character brings to the table. Diana approaches battle more conventionally and Batman is more guerilla warfare. Both think defensively, just one would approach battle with as much strength up front and the other would use more deception and fear. And Batman is way more than just a brooding annoyance. That is pretty much saying he is the idiot weakling we put up with because we are just such nice superior beings. I don't like the Batgod but I also don't like the lack of understanding of what Batman(and other very intelligent human characters) bring to a story. I love the chemistry between all the characters and none need to be less to make another better. In fact I think together they make each other better, by challenging and supporting one another, and that all three are very interesting as a team. To me the Trinity are three very interesting and different characters and it shouldn't be hard to right them completely in character and get great compelling stories.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By darkman61288

@godstaff: They could of have teamed them up with out them dating.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'm cool for a Superman/Wonder Woman series.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just occurred to me that the whole premise of this poll is wrong.

Do you "want" a SM/WW series? Yes. I'm indifferent. That's it.

NO? why on Earth should a person say no to something like a new comic book? As if it were a bad thing? Bad for whom? Will it undermine the principles of democracy? Will it make teenagers drop out of school? Will Republicans rise to power because of it? C'mon!

Including the NO option is opening the gate to haters to come and spit their venom. If you don't like the couple, you just don't buy their comic. Point is nobody has enough ground to oppose to it because no one has any idea of how it can be, and saying NO they're potentially denying the possibility for those who like the couple to enjoy them being together. Worst: they are openly saying that those who like the pairing are fools.

You may say that you want another comic, with different heroes, which doesn't rule out the chance of this one to be published. That's okay.

But NO? Why? Do you fear what this comic book might bring? Seriously?

How does it affect you? Does it offend you? Really? How?

A completely different matter would be if they ask you

Do you like the new SM/WW comic book? Yes, No, I'm indifferent.

But asking if you "want" it or not when it is a known fact that it will be published in October is just an exercise in futility and an obvious attempt to create controversy.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I see Tony Daniel doing the art...so I say yes.

Also, I see Orion is involved somehow...so I'll place an order

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Godstaff

@toplel: Well...since you put it so logically and in a completely non-hateful way, I have to say that you...shouldn't. You still have no idea of how it's going to be. You are disliking it "a priori". You don't like it, you don't have to buy it, period. I'm deducing that you don't like Supes and Wondy as a couple very much.

He was married to Lois. She had her thing with Steve and a flirt with Batman. Let's try something different this time, if you don't mind, that is. As I said: It worked in a lot of Elseworlds stories (you may need to re-read them), so: what's your reference to affirm it is crappy and forced? Forced how? That "contrasting characters always work best" is an old cliché lousy writers hang to because they can't think outside the box. And Diana and Clark are not as similar as you'd like to think. In this reincarnation the only thing that equals them is the fact that they both are aliens to the world they're living in. And, even then, they feel alien in very different ways.

And why do you think DC is pushing this so hard? Are they stupid? Don't they know how to do business? Do they think people is going to hate it completely? Do they want to commit editorial suicide?

If this were a poll from DC comics making a surveillance in order to green light a comic still in project, your "no" would've been of some relevance. Now, with everything set and ready to launch in October, your opinion is only relevant to you.