#1 Posted by Dud317 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleeding cool stated they've been posting article after article about this, yet this is the first I've heard about it. Seems like DC is making a trend out of a gimmicky September with "Five Years Later."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/05/dan-didio-confirms-five-years-later-the-weekly-comic-from-dc-comics/

#2 Posted by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they did say taht every september will have something, but i don't think they will be able to keep this up for more then 2-3 years, they will run out of ideas, and i already don't like this one, also i just fucking hope we don't get a 6th robin...enough is enough...

#3 Posted by PapiNacho (2410 posts) - - Show Bio

Five years later sounds fun, hopefully authors will plan out their storylines better though.

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun: 1. You should probably censor yourself when you curse.

2. They aren't not going to make a 6th Robin just because you don't want one.

#5 Posted by toptom (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

They are going to fill those 5 years of gap that already exist or is this going to be five years from the current continuity?

#6 Posted by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare:

1. yeah i know

2. i freaking know, that does not mean i can't tell what i think does it?

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11622 posts) - - Show Bio

This could either go really well or terribly wrong.

#8 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've read on different websites, apparently each series will jump forward five years and show what each character will/could be like then, but this will only last for one issue and then revert back to the currently timeline. So I'm curious as to way DC would jump forward only to jump right back, what could they gain by showing us a future that's not set in stone and could easily change. I like the idea of the DCnU jumping forward a few years, but not sure the point if they're just going to revert right back to the current time. I'd rather they jump forward and stay there.

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11622 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've read on different websites, apparently each series will jump forward five years and show what each character will/could be like then, but this will only last for one issue and then revert back to the currently timeline. So I'm curious as to way DC would jump forward only to jump right back, what could they gain by showing us a future that's not set in stone and could easily change. I like the idea of the DCnU jumping forward a few years, but not sure the point if they're just going to revert right back to the current time. I'd rather they jump forward and stay there.

The New 52 of DC One Million. DC Five Forthcoming. :P

#10 Posted by Dud317 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: to put fancy covers on the books, put out more books, and make more money. And I'm a dc fan by the way.

#11 Edited by MaccyD (4076 posts) - - Show Bio

These September gimmick are hit and miss, but the ideas behind them are often good.

#12 Edited by longbowhunter (7097 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm wondering if this is an attempt to repair some of the continuity errors of the new 52? Seems like it might make things more complicated.

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6558 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see what Supes will be like in his 30's in the new 52.

#14 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like it,similar to villains month,just putting on goings on hold to ship out 1 shots that will most likely not be cannon because it would hamstring them creatively

#15 Edited by Magmaster12 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing when the Titans to return there own time they'll be five years late and no one would question what happened to them over the last five years.

#16 Posted by ChiSoxRox (235 posts) - - Show Bio

And Batwoman will still be only engaged.

#17 Edited by Magmaster12 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

They're doing this for the same reason they did Crisis on Infinite Earths and New 52, to be more like Marvel.

CoIE was done to get rid of the Multi-Verse to be more like Marvel.

New 52 was created to get rid of the legacy heroes to be more like Marvel.

Five Years later is happening because the biggest thing keeping DC different from Marvel was the fact there main heroes are relatively inexperienced.

If anything original comes out of DC from having 5 years later it's going to be retconned.

#18 Posted by slade_wilson (464 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: most likely, to both things

Also, you're my favorite forum member. I agree with you on pretty much everything.

#19 Edited by longbowhunter (7097 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by The_Tree (7481 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's an attempt at making things more like pre-New 52 DC.

#21 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big fan of their alternate titles in September because it puts too big a break in the story if it is in the middle of the arc and there is no progression for two months.

#22 Posted by Z3RO180 (6558 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: Agreed if they do this all story arcs before need a to be tied up.

#23 Posted by SOG7dc (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I enjoyed the zero issues I've read but villains month seemed really lackluster to me. I didn't have the money to read them all so I plan on picking them up in trade but from what I've heard they're very low quality books. So I hope that with this next event they at least have good artwork and decent stories. I hope they put some effort into this

#24 Posted by PapiNacho (2410 posts) - - Show Bio

Well now, five years later is apparently a weekly series and not a monthly event. I have mixed feelings about bringing BB into continuity, but we'll see how the authors handle it. It seems to have an all-star team.