#1 Posted by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you guys prefer when it comes to movies Dc or Marvel?I prefer DC sense their usually have more of a dark tone

#2 Edited by TheAuroraChild (85 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel Universe is more colorful/fun, while DC's universe is more legendary and..something else. Depressing? No..that's not what I'm looking for...

#3 Posted by SupBatz (1746 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not fair to have this in the DC forum

I prefer DC mostly because I have more favorite characters from it than I do from Marvel.
But Marvel has been doing pretty great lately.

#4 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

dc only knows how to do dark and gritty movies lately. even with superman. a character about the sun. so MARVEL ALL THE WAY!!!

#5 Posted by lilben42 (2550 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: MoS wasn't dark and gritty. It just put a unrealistic character into a realistic world.

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6349 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: How was it crap?I watched it but I thought it was just "Good" It felt like alot was missing to me

#9 Posted by OmniBeast (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh... Tough question, I prefer Marvel. Mainly because I just simply like their heroes better. I'm not saying they are but I've always had a funner time watching or reading Marvel. I love DC but I'm giving it to Marvel.

#10 Posted by noah00oo (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I like DC comics more when it comes to comics but, marvel has the better movies.

#11 Edited by Bezza (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think marvel make the more watchable movies, DC have made the 3 best movies of all time, in terms of critical acclaim in the Nolan Batman trilogy. Depends on what you want. Actually I think I agree with the previous poster's answer, but I would say Marvel movies aren't better, just easier to watch and more fun.

Edit: Excepting the first Superman movie, wow, that was serious, exciting and fun...perhaps still the standout comic movie of all time?

#12 Posted by ChocolateFrogs (151 posts) - - Show Bio

I grew up with Spider-Man and X-Men 1990's TV shows (and X-Men Evolution), and my X-Men fanboyness shows with 3 out of 6 titles on my pull being X-Men.

But DC has made the New 52 incredibly accessible for new fans, which is right when I started collecting comics.

That being said, I gravitate to Marvel titles first. But overall dislike a hatred-style competition between the Big Two--like my brother snubbing his nose at Marvel titles until I was able to convince him to buy Hawkeye.

#13 Edited by JulieDC (972 posts) - - Show Bio

I love DC because it is far more fantasy based....the art, the stories, the sky's the limit. I also like how DC's heroes act the way heroes should and they aren't as bogged down by what is going in their personal life. It helps that DC's universe is far more easier to get understand, at least that was the case for me might be different for others, I credit the cartoons for giving me an idea of who the heroes, the villains, and the supporting cast were which really influenced my tastes.

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (42805 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliedc:

What do you mean by act the way heroes should?

#15 Posted by JulieDC (972 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: The archetypical, traditional hero. Hero first, civilian second. When I was reading some of Marvel's comics (Spiderman, Fantastic Four, and Captain America), I didn't get this feeling that they were heroes, at least not in the sense that I feel when I read Batman or Superman. They seemed too flawed for my tastes. They also lacked this sort of legacy that I feel with DC's stuff.

#16 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies Marvel.

Games DC.

Comics Depends ( They are equally as good and bad).

TV show's DC.

Heroes Marvel.

Villains DC.

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (42805 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliedc:

Oh ok. I personally find it more interesting to read about a flawed individual overcome their flaws to be a hero than watch a perfect person be perfect.

#18 Edited by JulieDC (972 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Well, I wouldn't say DC's heroes are perfect, I just mean that DC doesn't emphasize their flaws to the extent that Marvel does and that it comes secondary to the story. Like, with Nightwing, sometimes he will have employment or financial issues like Spiderman, however, it is often only dealt with in passing.

#19 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6349 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as comics go, I prefer DC. I won't go to far into why I prefer DC because it's just my opinion, but I have more fun with DC's books. As for movies (and I know I'm the minority on this one), I like the Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel more than anything Marvel has made so far. I know that Marvel has made more films, but I prefer quality to quantity on this one. The Dark Knight is one of my favorite films ever.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (42805 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6349 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: A perfect person be perfect? That's Superman, not DC.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (42805 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies: Marvel

Comics: Marvel. Marvel Now is producing tons of high quality books. The New 52 while still good, has declined in quality

Shows: DC

Heroes: Marvel

Villains: DC

#23 Posted by Wolverine08 (42805 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

I may have put it a little brazenly, but there really is no denying that DC heroes tend to be more morally strict than Marvel heroes. It's not really a problem though.

#24 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6349 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Wolverine08 (42805 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

I don't think that DC heroes being morally strict stops them from being flawed. Batman is extremely morally strict, yet he's still one of the most flawed and darkest people in comics. The dude is seriously messed up. Lol

#26 Edited by sinestro_GL (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Dee See

#27 Edited by flashrobin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: Marvel is way better in DC in so Many ways The Avengers..they have more profitable characters to generate more revenue,not to mention the better Tv show's (Avengers Assemble,Spectacular Spiderman)

Way better movies Also

DareDevil

Ghost Rider

Captain America

Iron man

Spiderman

All DC has is Superman and Batman which are over rated and overly used in Hollywood to generate money

#28 Posted by sinestro_GL (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: Marvel is way better in DC in so Many ways The Avengers..they have more profitable characters to generate more revenue,not to mention the better Tv show's (Avengers Assemble,Spectacular Spiderman)

Way better movies Also

DareDevil

Ghost Rider

Captain America

Iron man

Spiderman

All DC has is Superman and Batman which are over rated and overly used in Hollywood to generate money

So...money is your argument?

Troll on dude.

#29 Posted by Z3RO180 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by Jack Donaghy (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

dc only knows how to do dark and gritty movies lately. even with superman. a character about the sun. so MARVEL ALL THE WAY!!!

lol you probably think anything edgier than Barney is "OMGZ TEW DARK" The darkness of TDK trology and MoS is so overblown imo, they're dark yes but people make them out to be Schindler's List.

#31 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both. But I think DC does 2 things better. Cosmic stories (Lantern Corps) and "Dark" characters (Swamp Thing, Constantine) which fit my interests.

Marvel is awesome in its own right too. I just read more DC.

#32 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1294 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel : spider-man,daredevil,hulk,uncanny x-men and all new x-men for me are the best book they have

DC:Batman,superman unchain. Aquaman,Justice League(issue 22 omfg),wonder woman and flash are great especially for new readers

#33 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer DC to Marvel

#34 Edited by Bezza (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

Way better movies Also

DareDevil

Ghost Rider

Captain America

Iron man

Spiderman

I just don't get this "them and us" attitude amongst comic book fans.. take the best from both universes I say. Personally I like them both. DC do better serious films/comics, Marvel are more fun IMHO, but both have their strengths and weaknesses. Also, how can you seriously say Ghost Rider was a better movie than anything DC have put out? Saw it only the other day, terrible film!!

#35 Posted by flashrobin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: Thats a fact Marvel knows how to market their characters better.

#36 Posted by sinestro_GL (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: Thats a fact Marvel knows how to market their characters better.

Whatever man...go troll somewhere else.

#37 Posted by Onyx_Nine (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic books, i prefer DC. Movies, marvel is doing way much better than dc. Cartoons, ignoring the new teen titans go, dc does better on that department.

#38 Posted by sagejonathan (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer DC because of the characters. I just find them more... heroic I guess. I like the vibe of DC more than that of Marvel but I love both publishers a lot. But hey, let's not forget about Valiant.

#39 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel Universe is more colorful/fun, while DC's universe is more legendary and..Heroic.

Is that the word?