DC Movie Line up

ComicNerd105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ComicNerd105

DC has announced a line up of films for their DCCU. Expanding out to 2020 outgoing Marvel's movie line up.

Aug. 5, 2016: Untitled DC Film

June 23, 2017: Untitled DC Film

Nov. 17, 2017: Untitled DC Film

March 23, 2018: Untitled DC Film

July 27, 2018: Untitled DC Film

April 5, 2019: Untitled DC Film

June 14, 2019: Untitled DC Film

April 3, 2020: Untitled DC Film

June 19, 2020: Untitled DC Film

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/dc-plants-flag-on-dates-for-nine-superhero-movies-through-2020-1201277129/

Thoughts?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still super hyped that one is right before my birthday.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

The chances of Superman, Batman and JL movies flopping now are slim to none. I just hope the same can be said about the other ones

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I hope we get a Martian Manhunter movie. Or a Doom Patrol movie. That would be cool.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicnerd105: I hope there's not a Flash\Green Lantern crossover because the idea is pretty lame :P

Gloombot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably 2-3 JL movies, and I think we'll see Wonder Woman, and Aquaman almost for sure. Plus more Batman/Supes.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

One of them is definitely JL, and I'm guessing there is at least a solo Batman film and another solo Superman film in there. I'd say one of them is also Wonder Woman - but it will be pending how audiences receive Gal Gadot. Shazam is likely at this stage, and there is just too much talk about Aquaman for him to not be getting some sort of attention (although it may just be in JL of course, not necessarily solo). As far as I remember, JL:Dark is supposed to be on the cards too, along with Sandman, as both those titles have had various directors, writers and actors attached to them already. GL needs a reboot, and I seriously doubt Flash won't get a stand alone film (or that Flash/GL cross-over thing might happen I guess - two birds, one stone and all that).

People are saying it seems ambitious - but 2 films a year is what Marvel are doing, so I see no problem there, PLUS WB is a MASSIVE company with lots of money and resources to throw at this stuff if they are taking it seriously, which it now seems like they are. As long as they attach the correct writers and directors - we'll have some great films over the next 6 years to enjoy as CB fans.

ComicNerd105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

@comicnerd105: I hope there's not a Flash\Green Lantern crossover because the idea is pretty lame :P

Says you

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Batman, Wonder Woman, MOS 2 and JL are definites so that's at least half sorted.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

Word is, DC will announce some of the films later this month.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

One has to be Aquaman. They need to get Atlantis onscreen before Marvel.

ComicNerd105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Word is, DC will announce some of the films later this month.

I read that too, Im really eager and excited to know what the titles will be. The August film will obviously be released first. I hope it's either Shazam or maybe Wonder Woman(wishful thinking)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

@comicnerd105: I think the August film is Justice League. Rumor has it it's being filmed back to back with BvS.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope we get a Martian Manhunter movie. Or a Doom Patrol movie. That would be cool.

Yes, I would absolutely love the Doom Patrol, but only if done right.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: Out of interest, why do you think it's a lame idea? I'd love to see it, since Barry Allen and Hal Jordan are best buds in the comics. They have great chemistry and I'd love to see them playing off each other in a full movie as opposed to just in JL. This is assuming that they do use BA/HJ and not Wally West or John Stewart.

And to be honest, I can totally see why they would have a Flash/GL teamup instead of solo movies; they probably don't want to risk another GL movie after the first one bombed, and Flash probably isn't popular enough with the mainstream audience to warrant his own movie - at least until after the teamup.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minisaladfresh: But you can't put Flash and GL in a single movie without explain their origins and their story to the general public. A movie is not a comic, there are rules. The idea of a crossover between these two guys without a single movie before is simply absurd

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm most excited for "Untitled DC Film"

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: fair point... however it's possible that the origins of the characters will be shown in flashbacks, or in JL, or even in subsequent solo films.

They could also have it start out with Hal getting the ring and then trying and failing to save Barry Allen from an accident at S.T.A.R. labs, sort of roll both origins into one movie, and have it as a prequel to the Justice League.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minisaladfresh: A movie like this would be a very big flop. You can't put the origins of two superheroes like Flash and GL in a solo movie. The 2011 GL movie was a flop because based on earth, people wants to see GL in space with the corps.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL, WW, MoS3, Teen Titans/Young Justice, Sandman (I think this has been in the works for a while), BM and possibly AM if he's well received in the JL movie ...

Doom Patrol could be a great idea too, but I think TT/YJ would be a better as an alternative team movie.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@minisaladfresh: Why does popularity even matter now? Guardians of the Galaxy proved that a movie can be made of any comic character or team even if they are obscure. The Flash, while not the most popular, is certainly not obscure. Flash could succeed like Guardians as long as its good.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: well I think the setting of GL was the least of its problems :P but I see what you mean. I don't know, I'm very laid back about comic book movies so I really wouldn't mind if they messed with the origins a little, just as long as they keep the essentials like the speed force and the GL Corps. I don't really mind what they do with the characters or how they do it.

@crazyscarecrow I'm not saying that I agree with the reasoning, just that I think that's what WB/DC are worried about. I think that Guardians of the Galaxy being an obscure comic worked to its advantage; people were excited to see this "new" thing Marvel was coming out with, they didn't know what they were getting, whereas with someone like Flash people are already aware of him so they'll know that they aren't that interested.

Again, I don't agree with this reasoning, but I think this might be why WB/DC are going the route they're *supposedly* going with Flash/GL