Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Osiris1428

By Simon Walters 

The summer comic book movie season started off with a hammering bang. Thor was superb, offering cinema audiences a slightly different superhero movie to what they're used too, but still managing to be dramatic, compelling and fun. X-Men: First Class was dramatic, intelligent, and filled with youthful energy. The pressure was on for DC's Martin Campbell's directed Green Lantern, and did it deliver? No. The movie was universally panned by critics and now faces a struggle to avoid becoming a box office disaster. With Warner Bros putting such high hopes on Green Lantern for it to instantly fail, the ramifications will undoubtedly hault future DC movies for B-List characters. But which ones?

The Flash

The adventures of DC's Scarlett Speedster would undoubtedly have been DC's next superhero film in line. With a huge comic book fan base, The Flash could have easily translated well to the big screen. Whether the film followed the origin of the always late Barry Allen, or the story of his nephew Wally West, it was a certainty that the film would be announced after the success of Green Lantern. With Hal Jordan not causing much of a storm at the box office, the film starring the likes of Ryan Reynolds and Mark Strong struggling will undoubtedly have Warner Bros pushing the panic button on their smaller franchises, meaning we probably won't see a Flash movie any time soon. It is however the most likely character to avoid the fall out of the Green Lantern movie.

Wonder Woman

This will undoubtedly be the certain casualty of the fall out of Green Lantern's failure. With Joss Whedon the only likely candidate to successfully helm the Wonder Woman film and get results busy on Avengers business, the Amazon Princess will likely stay in development hell for the mean time. If DC don't even have the courage to green light the Wonder Woman TV series, a film version is now certainly looking like it won't happen.

Aquaman

Lampooned by comic book fans as the 'useless' hero who talks to sea animals, the cinematic potential for Aquaman likes much deeper. Aquaman could have been an underwater epic, to rival the likes of Avatar. The story could have followed a young Arthur Curry as his human father raised him in the under water city of Atlantis, where Curry develops healing powers along with other powers suited to his aquatic surroundings. What also makes this film standout is that of all the superhero movies getting the 3-D treatment, this was probably the film that could have benefited from it most. If Green Lantern can't strike cinematic gold, there's no chance of seeing Aquaman on cinema screens, unless a director such as James Cameron or Steven Spielberg gets behind it.

So these are the main DC films that will probably never see the light of day. There are tons of other DC properties that could have benefited from films, such as Green Arrow, Black Canary, Atom and Hawkman, but these certainly won't be made if the big three I mentioned can't escape development hell. Also to take into account, is that Warner Bros are behind the upcoming DC comics reboot, as they wish to start turning a profit on comics books, meaning money saving now seems to be on their agenda.

They do certainly not seem like the type of company to give us a Martian Manhunter film anyway.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6366494http://ezinearticles.com/?DC-Characters-We-Will-Never-See-As-Movies&id=6366494
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#2  Edited By Deadcool

I would love to see The Question Movie...
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i'd like to see a Suicide Squad movie 

i still remain strong that if a Thor movie could work, so could a Wonder Woman movie 

also, i heard a Flash movie is in developmental 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

The New Gods will never be a big-budget live-action movie.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By isaac_clarke

With Green Lantern not raking in the cash it's going to keep a lot of characters from ever hitting the big screen, at least not for another decade. 
Sucks.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

batman and superman will be the only superhero movies dc releases for the rest of eternity............
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Primmaster64
@isaac_clarke said:
 With Green Lantern not raking in the cash it's going to keep a lot of characters from ever hitting the big screen, at least not for another decade. Sucks.
Yep
 This means that only Supes and Bats will be the only ones with movies.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By buttersdaman000

Haha James Cameron should direct Aquaman just like he did in Entourage!

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Osiris1428
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
batman and superman will be the only superhero movies dc releases for the rest of eternity............
Yep, and you can thank Green Lantern.
girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By girth

Superman is even suffering. In the reboot movie he will fight Zod. Didn't he already do that in the second film. Give me a different villain like Brainiac,Darkseid or Doomsday. Dark Knight Rises seems to be Warner Bros. only saving grace.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By armylife1124
@Girth said:
Superman is even suffering. In the reboot movie he will fight Zod. Didn't he already do that in the second film. Give me a different villain like Brainiac,Darkseid or Doomsday. Dark Knight Rises seems to be Warner Bros. only saving grace.
Yeah if Superman can not step his game up for the next movie we will only get Batman movies from DC, but at least the DC Animated movies are pretty stellar. 
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nefarious

We will never see Deathstroke or Ravager in a movie...

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@Osiris1428 said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

actually i can thank the people who gave it bad reviews
Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Westlife

I just think flash would be hard to do live action

Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MarvelJackAss433

Green Lantern was great O.o

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Osiris1428
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@Osiris1428 said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
actually i can thank the people who gave it bad reviews
No, people gave Superman Returns, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and X-Men Last Stand bad reviews, and people still went to see them and gave them big box office numbers, even broke records despite bad reviews. You can blame word of mouth, people still went to see Batman and Robin. Green Lantern just sucked.
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Osiris1428

Let's break down the Movie Math.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Osiris1428 said:
Can't we just blame Johns? It's always easier to blame Geoff and it always seems like an easy place to put blame.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Nefarious said:
I don't know,  Deathstroke honestly seems to have a better chance of  having the audience wrapping their heads around a genius kickass mercenary, over someone like Wonder Woman, even if she is tremendously more well known.
Building up some kind of hype for him to introduce him into the masses(outside the TT cartoon) would work for him, although I'm not sure the big screen could do him justice.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By nefarious
@isaac_clarke: Good point. A character like Wonder Woman is easier to understand compared to a villainous mercenary like Slade.
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Osiris1428
@isaac_clarke said:
@Osiris1428 said:
Can't we just blame Johns? It's always easier to blame Geoff and it always seems like an easy place to put blame.
Yeah, if you look at that video I posted, it explains why other comic book writers will be blaming Johns in the future when it comes to involvement with future comic book movies.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Nefarious said:
@isaac_clarke: Good point. A character like Wonder Woman is easier to understand compared to a villainous mercenary like Slade.
While not being exactly what I said, If people can suspend reality for a moment to enjoy the God of Thunder, don't see why Wonder Woman can't work. Assuming they pull no-punches with Themyscira, the Amazons and can get over the hurdle that is her costume.
While Slade can be more of a believable character to the audiences, any solo film probably won't do him any justice, at least if it takes place in the MovieDCU and with major changes to the character. The best I could imagine is him popping up as a villain in a film and having him kick major !@#.  
Then again, both of them, along with many others, won't see the big screen for years, if ever. 

@Osiris1428 said: 
Yeah, if you look at that video I posted, it explains why other comic book writers will be blaming Johns in the future when it comes to involvement with future comic book movies.
Yeah I watched it after replying to that comment. 
If he had Martin running away from doing a sequel, made sure to be the final voice in every decision that came in this movie, etc, yeah he deserves the finger pointing. If it had been the other way around, we could cherish the ground he walks on.  
Doesn't help how arrogant he comes off when he was making comments about DC's heroes to film being compared to Marvel's.
azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By azza04

I wish they would make full CGI films for the these characters not lucky enough to make it to the big screen. Would be awesome to see the guys that did DC universe online trailer make them.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Adnan
@azza04 said:

I wish they would make full CGI films for the these characters not lucky enough to make it to the big screen. Would be awesome to see the guys that did DC universe online trailer make them.

The DCUO trailer was one of the best CGI battle scenes I've ever seen. If they can make the dialogue and story anywhere near as good as that battle, then we could get some pretty amazing stuff.

I think a Red Star film could be pretty interesting.
azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By azza04

@Adnan: I agree, I can't remember what company made the DCUO trailer but I have seen some brilliant CGI trailers made by Blur Studios for some of the Star Wars games.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By NightFang3
@Deadcool said:

I think the Q could work as a movie, they made Rorschach work in Watchmen.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Gambit1024

Flash is the only superhero movie I can honestly say is the one I want to see in my lifetime. Aquaman is a close second. 

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Video_Martian
@Gambit1024 said:
Flash is the only superhero movie I can honestly say is the one I want to see in my lifetime. Aquaman is a close second. 

You, Sir, have EXCELLENT taste ;D
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

give me some more quality animated films then with characters that dont get used much
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MutenRoshi

Manhunter and Black Canary would make good movie material but WB/DC would find a way to mess it up

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By labarith

Wonder Woman would work well if it was done half 300, half Thor.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Kallarkz

DC is under a lot of pressure to make this upcoming Superman film a hit. I really hope that they put time and effort into it...as it could have bad ramifications for any of their future films.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Deadcool
@NightFang said:
@Deadcool said:

I think the Q could work as a movie, they made Rorschach work in Watchmen.

Vic is a different kind of character (he is more badass, lol), if they make a movie for everybody it would be a sucess, the MAIN problem with the Green Lanterns is that it was made for the fans not for the rest of the people, that was a bad idea...
Blam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Blam
@Deadcool:  THAT WOULD BE FLIPPIN SWEET!!11
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Deadcool
@Blam said:

@Deadcool:  THAT WOULD BE FLIPPIN SWEET!!11

You sir, you have nice taste! 
O'Neil's Run with the Question was awesome enough for a movie...
icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By icysloth

The characters who would make the best movies will never be done. For example I think you could make a great booster gold movie particullarly because he is not a boyscout, in fact booster like iron man is an asshole and that is what people want to see. Superman movies fail because superman is a boyscout. No one wants to watch a boyscout that is why x-men movies focus on wolverine rather than cyclops.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By RoboShark

Resurrection Man and The Shade.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jwalser3

Deathstroke imagine how bad ass that would be! But not just guns blazing and gore, but actual story to it.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oraclefyre

I'm still waiting for a Wonder Woman movie.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I agree...I also would really like to see A Superman movie with a good Brainiac version and a good Doomsday attempt.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By slade_wilson

Teen Titans could be potentially made into a movie, but it would fail miserably. I feel like it would turn into some goofy teen love story and audiences would be disgusted. And Deathstroke would and could be a huge success. I think people, like some have already said, would go for a gun-toting, sword-swinging, genius merc over some supers in tights.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#42  Edited By Kairan1979

@Nefarious said:

And that's the good news. Trust me, you don't want to see movie version of Deathstroke. Just look what Smallville did to Slade Wilson.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By slade_wilson

@Kairan1979 said:

@Nefarious said:

And that's the good news. Trust me, you don't want to see movie version of Deathstroke. Just look what Smallville did to Slade Wilson.

This is a completely invalid argument. Smallville butchered most characters they attempted to portray.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#44  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
@Deadcool said:
Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Superbat420

An aquaman could be so badass and I hate him...dc is so slacking, wonder woman has more potential to be a better movie then superman. And the flash movie could be ridicously funny

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By the_tree

It'd take a miracle for Martian Manhunter to get a movie.

spectre108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By spectre108

@slade_wilson: Teen Titans will never be made into a movie.

orbit6568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By orbit6568

hawkman, flash & martian manhunter,shazam should never get movies

DC really has the worst set of characters for movies. and they mess up the ones that should easily be box office hits

personally i would like a

wonder woman, steel,aquaman,black canary (but they have to make her origin more interesting),lobo, reboot green lantern,reboot batman

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't think there should be a Green Arrow movie. Instead I think he should be introduced like Marvel did with Black Widow and Hawkeye. They were put into other heroes movies as side characters. Maybe we could see Green Arrow appear in a Batman reboot or Flash movie.

Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Any character that isn’t from the Batman or Superman family.

Thanks a lot Warner Brothers.