• 90 results
scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

my favorites are

1. batman (both arcs are amazing can't wait for one year)

2. animal man (one of the best horror books out there and it's only T+)

3. swamp thing (Scott Snyder's run was an introduction to swamp thing for the new 52 and it was amazing)

4. JLA (only 2 issues but both has proved to me that this is the best team book out there)

5.green lantern (Geoff Johns nuff said)

6. aquaman ( i read a review on ign and they said it was game of thrones underwater, completely true)

7. green arrow (#17- ? by lemire is great reading)

8. wonder woman (Brian Azzarello is turning this into what wonder woman SHOULD have been in 80's)

9.flash (favorite art, so colorful)

10. batman inc (can't wait for issue 12) (issue 12 is the end of Grant Morrison batman run and his end to monthly superhero comics)

11. justice league (let down by villains journey and the cheetah story lines)

12. nightwing (great start starting to drop in quality but i hope it gets better in Chicago for grayson)

ones i have dropped are

red lanterns (disappointment)

green lantern corps (didn't like the story)

green lantern new gaurdians (just felt like it)

superman (disappointment is too small of a word!)

i am looking forward to superman/batman and superman unchained

Nicarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wish more people were reading Red Hood, it's one of my favorite books around right now. Other than that, I regularly go for Batman, Nightwing, Flash, JLA and Constantine seem promising so I'm going to continue those. I want to continue Justice League, but I've been getting a little bored with it lately.

olbassey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide Squad gets no love on this website, but I love it. Some of the characters are less well known, but they're expendable, so the question is always "Will they survive" as opposed to "Yes, they will survive, it's just a matter of how".

Also, Aquaman is waaay better in the New 52.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By Strider1992

I dropped quite a few DC titles (in fact I don't have any on my pull-list atm O.O) but the best that was out there in my opinion was I, Vampire.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

Batman, Flash, The Justice League, Stormwatch, Action Comics

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ChiSoxRox

My avatar: Batwoman. I wish more people would check it out. Although the main Batman title is that rare combination of both very popular and very well done.

Xeteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olbassey: I'm not really in to comics for the most part but... since playing Injustice I've been checking them out. Harley is the character I play in the game so I wanted to find a comic with her to try out so I gave Suicide Squad a go... I fucking love it, Harley is hilarious and overall it has been pretty interesting. I was surprise no one mentioned it at all until you in this thread.

olbassey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeteh: Yeah, haha I was surprised when I first got on to the site, but not anymore. The series just hasn't really been gaining any momentum, as indicated by the number of issues it sells every month. I keep holding on to the idea that as long as Harley Quinn and Deadshot are in the mix, DC will respect their almost cult followings and keep the series in print.

Also, Injustice is a great game and I praise you for sticking with Harley Quinn. She's a bit weaker than most other characters in my opinion, but she's so much fun to play with. I love throwing cupcake bombs and blasting people with her revolver (although I kind of wish it was the cork gun...). Plus, her special's a lot of fun (except for any male character she's using it on...). Joker's a lot of fun to play with for a lot of the same reasons. He pisses a lot of people off online. It's as if they just can't take a good joke...

gregforsaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Superboy

Super girl

Teen titans

Nightwing

Batman

Red hood

Flash

And starting a few others :)

I really like most of these but me and my brother share spending money on comics as we spilt the costs so I often read ones I wouldn't normally spend money on which is good :)

gofftimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Batman

2) Justice League Dark

3) Justice League of America (Martian Manhunter....that is all)

4) Batman Dark Knight

5) Batman Detective Comics

6) Dial H (Cancelled in August :( ...)

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman may stIll be good but Its not good batman just medIocre, gl new guardIans Is great, red lanterns was decent, flashwould be great If I wasntad about wally,swamp thIngs great and I hear a lot of good about anImal man, batwoman Is the best bat famIly book, nIghtwIng Is good not great, and Im lIkIng IvampIre

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Batman

-Detective Comics

-Batman and Robin

-Batman Inc.

-Suicide Squad (the book is really starting to pick up)

-Action Comics (Despite the fight between Superman and Lex where they used the god awful and boring lame plot device of Superman reaching the sun despite being so weak and of course instantly healing and returning at full strength to wreck everything)

-Justice League/Justice League of America

-Talon

GeoKnowsBest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman, that's it.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#64  Edited By spidermonkey2099

Hi guys,

I've been reading comics for like half a year now and mainly DC's new 52.

Now I just wanted to know what series of the new 52 you are reading and if you have any recommendations for me to look in to other series I haven't read by now.

The series I have read regularly by now are:

-Batman

-Detective Comics

-Batman and Robin

-Catwoman

-Batgirl

-Batwoman

-Nightwing

-Red Hood and the Outlaws

-Justice League

-Red Lanterns

-Batman The Dark Knight

I would definitely recommend Wonder Woman, Demon Knights, and I, Vampire. Those three, along with Scott Snyder's Batman and Peter Tomasi's Batman and Robin, are probably my 5 favorite books to come out of the New 52. Demon Knights and I, Vampire have recently been canceled, but I would still recommend picking up the trades. They are amazing stories.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see Wonder Woman and Aqua Man getting so much attention - those are easily two of the best New 52 titles, along with Batman. Batgirl has been solid, too.

glyde69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By glyde69

Batman is hands down the best I've read so far. Second, surprisingly, is Flash. I've yet to get to Swamp Thing, Animal Man, or Action Comics, from real quick some grades from the new 52 books I read or have read and stopped.

- Detective Comics(since Layman has taken over). B+

- All Star Western(first dozen or so). C

- Aquaman(first ten). C-

- Green Lantern(first ten). D

- Batman and Robin(up to DotF). B-

- Talon(1-9). C-

- Batman(every issue). A+

- Flash(at 10 and plan on getting current). A-

- Nightwing(through DotF). B

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Aquaman

King_Namor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By King_Namor

I started reading in June and by far my favorites are:

1.)

Aquaman

(The first, second, and third arc's were really good, cant wait to read the fourth.)

2.)

Justice League

(First arc was great, second arc was meh, Cheetah stuff was lame, Throne of Atlantis was awesome. Plus this had my favorite character in the DC Uni -Shazam- as a backup story and it was great.)

3.)

The Flash

(Art and story is fantastic, After the #0 I gained so much respect for Barry Allen, loving this.)

4.)

Trinity of Sin: Pandora

( A little early to say its good, but the #1 was really well done, and since she isn't that powerful I can see a lot of characters appearing to help her out (namely Shazam since he is a big enemy of the seven sins).

Reading in Trades cause i'm too poor to get all the single issues:

Teen Titans

(I grew up with the Teen Titans. I remember being in bed with the flu watching the show even though I wanted to pass out. Even though this isn't the Teen Titans from my early teenage years I still think its pretty good. If reviews get better for the forever evil arc I may start buying singles to stay current.)

Nightwing

(Nightwing has been my favorite since I saw him in one of the Teen Titans! episodes. He was a more relaxed Batman which really made me like him. I kinda regret not buying his single issues because the story is really good, and its Dick Grayson so whats not to love?)

-I hope they come out with a Shazam comic based on Billy Batson, I like the way they remade him and his outfit is sick!!!

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The self-titled Superman book is my favourite, with some of the best art ive ever seen.

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By gator4eva

Batman has definitely been my favorite. After that is Action Comics, Justice League, Green Lantern, JL Dark, Batman TDK, and Suicide Squad.

comicdude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WAIT!!!! Deathstroke is getting no love on this page.....Some people bash him because he an antagonist,or he randomly kills people....HELLO have you seen deathstroke lately he's an old merc/villian gone anti-hero of course he's going to kill people and antagonize he does it cuz he CAN!!! I def. recommend this book even during leifeild's run. BTW Detective comics suck of lately.....

-comicdude123

raythelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Aquaman Flash JL JLA justice league dark Wonder Woman Green Lantern Phantom Stranger All Star Western Batgirl Green Arrow Batman 66 suicide squad,

Rez_Ward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Rez_Ward

Aquaman, The Flash, Deathstroke, Demon Knights, Justice League Dark, Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing are great titles from New 52, IMO. I also follow Batman and Superman titles, but I think those are staples for many DC readers. Batman, Inc. is also good, if you can get past Chris Burnham's art (no offense to Mr. Burnham and his fans, it's just not my cup of tea). Green Lantern titles are also good, especially during Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern story. Action Comics can get boring and confusing at times.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman AquaMan Red lanterns (has gotten better since Guy Gardner) Nightwing Green Lantern superman u nchained

LactoseFairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League (and I've been following all of the Trinity War stuff)

Captain Atom (dropped because DC dropped it and it just didn't feel like it was worth finishing)

Flash (love the artwork and panel layout, its refreshing)

Green Lantern (Just picked it up, don't know if I'm going to stick with it since I'm not too filled in on all the background)

Wonder Woman (awesome, the style is different)

I've heard great things about Aquaman but it's sold out at my store, might have to ebay it.

Any others I should look into? I just sort of got into all of this. Missed the boat for New 52 by a year or so haha

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lactosefairy: Batwoman has amazing art. The colors are gorgeous, the panel layout is very inventive, and the covers are pretty much works of art each month. Also, I like her as a character, and since she's only been around since 2006 there isn't a mountain of back story to catch up on (her ComicVine page is pretty much anything you might need to know).

LactoseFairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By LactoseFairy

What kind of villains does Batwoman go against? and what's the overall story telling like?

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ChiSoxRox

@lactosefairy: Her villains tend to have a more supernatural feel to them, and for a while had a strong Greek mythology feel. Now, she's stuck in a blackmail situation; the new issue came out today. The storytelling is pretty detailed, and her arcs tend to blend together into one long over arching storyline,, with characters fading out and making sharp returns. There's also a strong emphasis on her family/girlfriend as well, so you get a pretty complete picture of Kate Kane as a person besides as a fighter.

Check out Elegy from a library or so if you can first; it's a good introduction to her and it's a good way to see if you'll like the art and storytelling styles.

LactoseFairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chisoxrox sounds good, i didn't really like some comics because the story arcs seemed to end with each villain encounter if you know what i'm talking about. I look forward to reading it. I just started aquaman and i can't believe how much i like it...i still have a bad habit of calling him Aquafag or thinking of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy though

LactoseFairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, did anyone read Larfleeze and like it? Do you think DC will end up having to drop it?

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ChiSoxRox

@lactosefairy: Yeah, more than one of Batwoman's villains have returned in separate arcs. Also the art is very detailed. you can spend ten minutes staring at one panel, still finding details. Do a Google Images search for Batwoman art and let your eyes feast...

Haven't read Larfleeze but from a pure sales standpoint, it's holding pretty steady. The next few months will determine if it lasts a year or stays around for more, but Green Lantern books tend to hold their sales very well. I've got a sales thread floating around here.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Swamp Thing.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

My top 2 are The Flash and Green Arrow.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wonder Woman is amazing. N52 Wonder Woman is easily in the top three in terms of quality and storytelling and art.
Even previous Wonder Woman non-fans should pick it up. Guaranteed good read.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished the newest issue of Batwoman and I think it's good even by the series' high bar. It's also a pretty good jumping in spot.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow is gold

LimboBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers