#1 Posted by Bezza (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

Interested to hear people's views on what the best DC title is right now. A few months ago I'd have said Superman unchained but I think it has slipped a bit..quite a few people have told me they rate Animal Man, it gets consistent high marks on the various review boards!

#2 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14705 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow or Aquaman IMO - it depends on what you prefer.

Green Arrow is darker and edgier, and a has a bit of a psychological tone.

Aquaman is more mythos driven and is lighter in tone

Both are excellent.

Animal Man and Swamp Thing are both good, but they're not quite as good as they were when Rotworld was going on.

#3 Posted by SilverPool (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow or Aquaman IMO - it depends on what you prefer.

Green Arrow is darker and edgier, and a has a bit of a psychological tone.

Aquaman is more mythos driven and is lighter in tone

Both are excellent.

Animal Man and Swamp Thing are both good, but they're not quite as good as they were when Rotworld was going on.

Green Arrow is good now? That's good to hear. The earlier trades haven't been reviewed very well.

I'd say Batman or Aquaman are my favorites, but I only buy the trades so I'm far behind on current issues.

#4 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14705 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverpool:

Jeff Lemire took over Green Arrow at issue 17 and pretty much made it one of the best DC books. Sorrentino's art is also ridiculous.

You should read it.

And GJ just finished his run on Aquaman. It was absolutely amazing.

#5 Posted by Bezza (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverpool:

Jeff Lemire took over Green Arrow at issue 17 and pretty much made it one of the best DC books. Sorrentino's art is also ridiculous.

You should read it.

I'm hearing lots of good things about Green Arrow, must take a look. Not a big fan of Aquaman, but AM a fan of GJ. Is he going to do a Shazam comic? If so I think I may hop onboard as Shazam is a new character to me, but growing on me all the time! Love the Shazam stories that were tagged onto the JL Series....brilliant art and Love his suit!

#6 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14705 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@silverpool:

You should read it.

I'm hearing lots of good things about Green Arrow, must take a look. Not a big fan of Aquaman, but AM a fan of GJ. Is he going to do a Shazam comic? If so I think I may hop onboard as Shazam is a new character to me, but growing on me all the time! Love the Shazam stories that were tagged onto the JL Series....brilliant art and Love his suit!

Both are must reads as far as I'm concerned.

If you're not a fan of Aquaman the run will make you a fan.

I don't know if he's going to do Shazam

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (6616 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, Green Arrow, Swamp Thing and Animal Man are four of my absolute favorite comic book characters. I feel pretty privelaged right now because all four have a series and they're great.

#8 Edited by AllStarSuperman (19500 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Green Arrow
  2. Earth 2
  3. Batman Zero Year
  4. Superman Unchained

#9 Posted by Xwraith (14563 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow.

#10 Edited by Dm225 (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and the Flash up until this month but going forward my answer will probably be Batman and Detective Comics starting in April or whenever the new creative team from the Flash (don't feel like butchering the spelling of their names) starts their run.

#11 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow, Jeff Lemire has just been killing it.

Another of my personal favorites has been The Flash

#12 Posted by SilverPool (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@silverpool:

You should read it.

Both are must reads as far as I'm concerned.

If you're not a fan of Aquaman the run will make you a fan.

I don't know if he's going to do Shazam

The perfect way to describe New 52 Aquaman.

#13 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

my top 4 hasn't changed since new52 started... - Batman, Wonder Woman, Animal Man, Aquaman,

Heard so many people praising Lemire's Green Arrow... really wanna check it out. Might wait for the first trade of his issues (vol 4 I believe...)

#14 Posted by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them are blowing me away right now but I'd say the best DC has to offer is Green Arrow and Green Lantern.

But if you include the Vertigo line then the best would easily be Trillium.

#15 Posted by Mattpool (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really digging batman and superman unchained. I also think Harley Quinn's new book is going to be extremely entertaining issue zero was very promising!!

#16 Posted by Jake Fury (18062 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Phantom Stranger
  • JLD
  • Constantine
  • Animal Man
  • Swamp Thing
  • Green Arrow
  • Earth-2
#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

Personal favorite: Green Arrow

Staff
#18 Edited by Jake Fury (18062 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S.

#19 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Green Arrow

#20 Posted by DoctorThomasElliot (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman: Unchained, yeah I know allot of people think it's just "meh" but I really like the overall feel that Snyder's brought to it.

#21 Posted by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Wonder Woman. Superman/Batman close second I think.

#22 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is my favorite

#23 Edited by The Stegman (22747 posts) - - Show Bio

My top five atm:

1. Batman

2. Green Arrow

3. Suicide Squad

4. Green Lantern

5. Wonder Woman

#24 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

flash has been my only dc comic that i pick up each month. all 3 justice leagus are great. batman and robins not bad. i personally dont care for snyders batman but newer batfans love it. green lantern and green lantern new guardians are pretty good

#25 Edited by The_Tree (7063 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is consistently DC's best title. Can't wait for the Outsiders War.

#26 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#27 Posted by Outside_85 (8012 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, by a mile.

#28 Posted by 2cool4fun (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics ( just avoid 19-24 it was done by lobdel, then come back at 25 for greg pak )

Wonder Woman

Green Arrow

Nightwing

Aquaman

The Flash

Justice League Dark

Phantom Stranger ( really good, and one of the most underrated titles... )

And pretty much any magic universe DC title

#29 Posted by SilverPool (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

@dm225 said:

Aquaman and the Flash up until this month but going forward my answer will probably be Batman and Detective Comics starting in April or whenever the new creative team from the Flash (don't feel like butchering the spelling of their names) starts their run.

I'm so excited for that. I think they're gonna kill it.
The early artwork looks like the best Batman stuff I've seen since Capullo started.
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2013/10/Francis-Manapul-Batman.jpg

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17148 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics.

#31 Edited by Super_Phil (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed John's run on green lantern and superman unchained is good but I would have to say Batman (Scott Snyder). Stuff like forever evil, Wonder Woman, Nightwing & Aquaman seems good as well though.

#32 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Aquaman

2. Batman

3. Superman Unchained

4. Superman/Wonder Woman

5. Constantine

#33 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice Leauge Dark is really good. Green Arrow also has been amazing since issue 17 The Flash and maybe Nightwing

#34 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice Leauge Dark is really good. Green Arrow also has been amazing since issue 17 The Flash and maybe Nightwing