joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joedin2056

Hi all,

I have recently been watching Young Justice. I am about to finish the last 2 episodes of the first season tonight. I have been really enjoying it so far, a shame about it been cancled after only 2 seasons. Hope it dose not end on a clif hanger.

Anyway back to the point.

Do you think its possible for Artemis to show up on Arrow?

I knew very little about Artemis before I watched Young Justice. All I knew was her name and that she is an Arrows sidekick. But after doing a bit of reading about her, seems that Artemis Crock is normally a Villain that goes by the name of Tigress. But for Young Justice they changed her back story a little and made her a hero.

So do you think that this hero version of Artemis could show up and become Arrow's new Sidekick? I know he still has Arsenal as his sidekick, but at some point I’m guessing he will leave and become Red Arrow. Where he fill go off and be a full time hero and not just a sidekick.

I quite like Artemis. She has a fiery attitude and i think if Arrow ever tried to do anything dumb she would call him on it. I also belive that she could help Arrow get some of this humanity back and let him realise that he can be both Olliver and Arrow. Also another part of her that would be good for the show is her past. She comes from a family of villians. Her Mother is one version of the Huntress who had been in Prission for a while, maybe in this show they may tweak that as we have already met a diffrent version of Huntress who is currently in Prission. Her Father is the villan known as Sportsmaster. Her older sister is Cheshire, He left her family while Artemis was still young and know Cheshire is one of the worlds best Assassins. All this could lead to some great storys.

Would she tell Arrow about her family? Would he trust her? Will she find it a difficult choice to pick between her family or Arrow?

I think Artemis joining would be a great idea. Shes a great character and i think she would make a good strong lead female hero, now Sara has died. I dont think Laural will make a good Canary, i dont see Thea stepping up to be a hero and Felicity is amazing but shes not a super hero. So i belive Artemis would fill this gap

So what do you all think, do you think there is a chance she could turn up? Do you want to see her turn up?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I love Artemis' arc in Young Justice. And I very firmly believe that she deserves a place in the DC universe aside for her appearance in Teen Titans. One more akin to her storyline in Young Justice.

I do not, however, think we should expect to see her in Arrow. At least not anytime soon. With Artemis comes a lot of other elements - the largest of which is Cheshire. Assuming Thea and Roy don't end up together again by the end of this season, I think it is conceivable that we could see Cheshire come in next season. And if Cheshire were to come, Artemis would be a welcome addition.

Then again...there is the tiny issue that the Arrow Cave is getting a bit crowded. We have Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, and Roy. Laurel is coming in very soon. And someday Thea will likely find her way there. Adding Artemis might be a place that the brains behind Arrow are not willing to go for fear of overcrowding the heroic portion of the cast.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: I agree. Her story arc in Young Justice was great. I have just finished the first season and i have now watched the first 2 episodes of season 2. It feels like quite a change not sure im loving it, but i will give it more time. I did not know she had appeared in Teen Titans. although i never really watched that many episodes. the show did not really impress me, maybe it would have if i had been a bit younger.

I agree that the Arrow Cave is feeling abit crowded, at the moment. But I do feel that Roy will lave to go his own way, and if Thea finds out about Ollie and Roy, She will not join them. But i think she would not stop them and would leave with Roy. I also think that Diggle at somepoint will take a less active role so he can spend more time with his family. Maybe that will happen after hes done dealing with his brothers death investigaion. Felictiy will be around for longer unless ATOM takes her away.

So who knows maybe some point in the future she could join the tame. We will just have to wait and see.

Anyone else have any thorys on this?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@supbatz: I agree. Her story arc in Young Justice was great. I have just finished the first season and i have now watched the first 2 episodes of season 2. It feels like quite a change not sure im loving it, but i will give it more time. I did not know she had appeared in Teen Titans. although i never really watched that many episodes. the show did not really impress me, maybe it would have if i had been a bit younger.

I agree that the Arrow Cave is feeling abit crowded, at the moment. But I do feel that Roy will lave to go his own way, and if Thea finds out about Ollie and Roy, She will not join them. But i think she would not stop them and would leave with Roy. I also think that Diggle at somepoint will take a less active role so he can spend more time with his family. Maybe that will happen after hes done dealing with his brothers death investigaion. Felictiy will be around for longer unless ATOM takes her away.

So who knows maybe some point in the future she could join the tame. We will just have to wait and see.

Anyone else have any thorys on this?

Sorry for not being clear. I wasn't referring to the Teen Titans animated series. Artemis appeared in the New 52 Teen Titans comic series, but she was killed off after only one issue. She was given no backstory, and only bore the name Artemis and a bow.

I suggest giving the second season a bit of time. It's a lot different than the first, but it's a fun ride. Hope you enjoy.

I don't expect Roy to leave Arrow in the near future, as he is only just settling into his role as Ollie's partner. Perhaps someday, if the show continues for a long while, Roy may depart and go off on his own. And if he does, it's possible they may fill his spot with Artemis and/or Thea.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: Sounds like that issue of the comic is not worth a read if she is killed off and has no backsotry. As for the second season i will be watching some more episodes tonight. So afr she has not been in the second season but im sure she will turn up.

I think Arrow will get to about 10 seasons. Even tho i think Roy will leave i dont see that happen till season 5 or 6. After that then it may be a good time to introduce Artemis. But we will have to wait and see. If they decied not to have her in the show them im ok with it but i would be happyer if they did.

She deserves to be featured more than she currently has been in the DC Univers.

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think its possible for Artemis to show up on Arrow?

Yes.

So do you think that this hero version of Artemis could show up and become Arrow's new Sidekick?

She'd be after Thea.

Would she tell Arrow about her family? Would he trust her? Will she find it a difficult choice to pick between her family or Arrow?

You'd think he'd know if he's her mentor.

So what do you all think, do you think there is a chance she could turn up? Do you want to see her turn up?

Yes.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want her to get her own ongoing in the New 52(Not the dead version, the YJ version) as well as AquaLad getting a series.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidian_raindrop1: so do you think thea is going to join the team first? personaly i dont see her joing the team. if she ever finds out i think 1 of 2 things could happen. it could drive her to leave, or she would accept it and stay out of there way. But im glad to see others would like Artemis to show up.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: ye that would be cool. I have read some of the comics but im not a big reader, so i would prefer her to show up on the show. But if she got her own comic story going on that could help build up her reputation and that may help bring her to the show :)

obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joedin2056: well thea has training from mrlyn and was able to escape from the arrow so he putting on a costume does seem really possible.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Young Justice cartoon was brilliant. While it did use many elements from the source material, much of the backstory, etc. was new. The Artemis story worked great in it, but I sort of feel like that makes that particular series own it. What I mean is that if Arrow were to use a similar version of the character, it would basically be copying YJ in that regard. Because in the comics, Artemis Crock is, Tigress II, a legacy villain, daughter of Tigress I and Sportsmaster, and married to another legacy villain, Icicle II. And by the way, none of these characters have any connection to Cheshire. That was something the YJ writers added.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joedin2056

@obsidian_raindrop1: i know she has traning from malcom, but that was more of a i need to be able to be strong and protect mt self. I think if she finds out what malcom has been up to and that ollie and roy are the arrow's, i belive that she will see it as more lies. The thing that drove her away in the first place. Thats why i belive she would either leave again, or maybe she will accept it and just get on with her normal life. But of corse this is all guess work. she could join isted or she may never find out.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: i did not know Cheshire was added to the family for just YJ. I knew she is normaly a villan. Even if she shows up on Arrow they dont have to follow the same story or a similar one. They could come up with there own original story. But i would prefer if they kept her as the hero version.

obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joedin2056: You don't turn a character into a bad ass if you don't plan on letting them be a bad ass and in a superhero show that means being out in the field kicking butt.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidian_raindrop1: that's the issue I have. I don't think she's a bad ass, I feel more like she's someone who's been manipulated.

She was leaving at the end of season 2 to get away from all the lies and secrets people were keeping from her, as well as to become more than emotionally stronger so she would not be fooled again or put up with all the lies. But Malcolm came in and manipulated her to focus on becoming physically strong instead. Then he drugged her to kill Sara and used her as a get out of jail card with Ras Al Gul and Ollie.

So for now I don't see her as been a bad ass or becoming a hero. Maybe with some more development of her character I may see her as a bad ass. But for now I'm wating to see how it all plays out.

And to avoid straying off topic lets focus back on if Artemis could turn up.

obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joedin2056: honestly we need more time to see but she has skills, training, and a connection to the hero that's all it really takes to be a sidekick.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have now just finished watching young justice, oh why did if have to end on a cliff hanger.

So Artemis is now a hero version of Tigress. I wounder if they could add her to the show as the hero Tigress?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see Thea Queen becoming Artemis in the wake of the Arrow mid-season finale depending on how the writers plan on taking the idea of Thea and Laurel finding out the truth of Sara's death (and for Thea Sara's time in the League of Assassin's as well) as it sets the motivation point for Thea to become Artemis in order to find redemption.

However, I personally don't think it should happen. I'd much rather Thea finally learn everything, whether from Oliver or confront him about it, and become a financial backer/supporter to the team and maybe even help them expand "the Quiver" (aka Arrow Cave....reference from the Injustice Season 1 and a far better base name) in the area around the club. That seems a lot more appropriate going forward then throwing her into the team as doing so continues the arc of her growing stronger with the final step being to do so as an individual rather than need the attachment.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: ye i could see thea becoming a financial backer for the team, i personaly dont see her as becoming artemis.
But do you think somebody new will turn up and end up been artemis?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thea doesn't seems to be a hero type just a neutral that helps whatever side is beneficial to her at the moment.

joedin2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26 dernman  Online

I don't believe she will be Artemis IMO because she already is Speedy and I believe she's taken the place of Mia Dearden. That is if Mia was his sister and not a random prostitute.

Still there are way to many bow and arrow characters on Arrow. The only way I would be ok with more is if they introduced the Arrow clan.