#1 Edited by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the CW show, Arrow should be apart of the DC cinematic universe because for one the acting is terrible, they've already stated that The Flash is the first one in the universe to get powers so that means Superman didn't arrive and they've already thrown in to too many characters from the comics anyway who deserved the cinema treatment such as Deadshot and Deathstroke. And I know a lot of people were complaining about that there could be two actors playing the same part while things are going on. But let's face it, Oliver Queen won't be in the movie anyway and even if he was there would be an better actor to portray him!

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay: No they said Flash would be the first person known to have powers not that he would be the actual first.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that he should be included

1. He's already got the series going so that's one more character that we will know and won't need any more screen time in JL the movie

2. he's still low level enough in the show that it's not hard to believe that no one outside of Starling City would know who he is

3. He could get a new movie level suit and get to keep it for the show

#4 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

I could agree that Arrow shouldn't be apart of our actual universe.

#5 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4991 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that he should be included

1. He's already got the series going so that's one more character that we will know and won't need any more screen time in JL the movie

2. he's still low level enough in the show that it's not hard to believe that no one outside of Starling City would know who he is

3. He could get a new movie level suit and get to keep it for the show

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#7 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm indifferent. It could go wrong or it could go great. We'll just have to see.

For now, if he's going to a part of the DC Cinematic Universe, I'd like to see a less serious, more comicbook-like Green Arrow. And one that doesn't kill.

It would be pretty awesome, though, to see him upgrade to the big screen. Would look much cooler than on T.V.

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7931 posts) - - Show Bio

It shouldn't, it's garbage.

#9 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm indifferent. It could go wrong or it could go great. We'll just have to see.

For now, if he's going to a part of the DC Cinematic Universe, I'd like to see a less serious, more comicbook-like Green Arrow. And one that doesn't kill.

It would be pretty awesome, though, to see him upgrade to the big screen. Would look much cooler than on T.V.

he doesn't kill anymore

#10 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: oh okay thanks for letting me know. I'm really behind. I stopped watching after episode 7 (season 1) a long time ago. I plan to catch up one day but I haven't. Glad that he doesn't kill anymore haha

#11 Posted by PapiNacho (3225 posts) - - Show Bio

I lie this show and his skills seem to be comic booky and not at all like Batman in the DK trilogy so it could fit.

#12 Posted by flameboy298 (1916 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: I think the actor actually does well with the script he gets. He's just following the script. With a better script and so on he could do better. He's not a bad actor, I think

#14 Posted by flameboy298 (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: True...In the first season it was worse,but This show has a few bad actors tbh Black Canary,Oliver's sister and someone else im missing.

#15 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: that's true. I've only watched Season 1 so far but yeah some of the actors are pretty bad also the script writes them to be really annoying. However, I do like Oliver in the show. I just prefer him to be less serious like Green Arrow in the comics

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Its one of those shows that keeps steadily improving, except for Laurel, she has thus far remained terrible.

#17 Posted by flameboy298 (1916 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: The acting isn't the problem, its the dialogue that needs work. Paul Blackthorn for instance is great in his role and probably the most tolerable actor on the entire CW network.

#19 Posted by flameboy298 (1916 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: Just saying that dude is acting his ass off, and doing a damn fine job with some crap writing.

#21 Posted by flameboy298 (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Its weird normally I find that the older actors are the ones who can pull off roles better,and Yeah the Scripts/Costumes/Props could use work

#22 Edited by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Could be better, but it's one of the only and best productions DC has on live television at the moment. Let's not overlook that fact or act as if DC has given us lots of options. I accept Arrow on its own much as I did Smallville.

Arrow is better than the Green Lantern movie.

Superman stopped being the first DC superhuman since post- Crisis 1985.

Arrow hits all the beats of a CW series which is the best medium for what this current era of DC can offer.

#23 Posted by SupBatz (1847 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. I like Arrow just fine but I don't think it should tie into a cinematic universe. Keep it in its own corner.

#24 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Could be better, but it's one of the only and best productions DC has on live television at the moment. Let's not overlook that fact or act as if DC has given us lots of options. I accept Arrow on its own much as I did Smallville.

Arrow hits all the beats of a CW series which is the best medium for what this current era of DC can offer.

The Superman thing is true, since COIE Alan Scott, Jay Garrick and several other Golden Age heroes were said to be active before Superman was even born, not to mention folks like Vandal Savage and Resurrection Man who've been kicking around the world since around the dawn of civilization so technically Superman isn't even the 20th person to have super powers in DC canonically.

#26 Edited by flameboy298 (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinisteri said:

Im not so sure about that Pal...

I'd give GL a 5/10 and Arrow slightly a 4/10

#28 Edited by mkukie68 (117 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1696 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it would be so bad if Arrow was included with Man of Steel. They already have the new Flash show being tied in with Green Arrow's show. Plus those new Constantine, Commissioner Gordon, and Hourman show that has been talked about might be tied into the show as well. Anyway I heard that Arrow is getting better. I say give it time and let it spin off some shows and be tied into Man of Steel.

#30 Posted by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay: You are completely wrong. Arrow would fit perfectly with Man of Steel. Arrow is awesome, and they both have that more gritty vibe that DC is going for with its live-action adaptations.

#31 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

If Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is what you get by tying a cinematic universe to a TV series - then no . NO!!!!! GOD NO!!!!!!!

#32 Posted by Black_Claw (3073 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5297 posts) - - Show Bio

The CW is like that turd that just refuses to be flushed.

#35 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@black_claw said:

@wishiwassuperman: Hey at least Arrow is actually good. Lol.

Yeah but its not good enough to tie into the movie universe.

I agree with both statements.

#36 Posted by War Killer (20285 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the show and wouldn't mind it being apart of the DCCU.

#37 Posted by Flaming_Weasel (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it should be. Just think:

Arrow is a great show, it is, and it has alredy included ARGUS and STAR Labs. Plus, Arrow's Oliver Queen / Arrow, Sara Lance / Canary (They've shortened the names, so what? don't make a big deal), Malcolm Merlyn, Roy Harper, Deathstroke, Bronze Tiger, Brother Blood, Huntress, Anthony Ivo, Deadshot and Amanda Waller would be awesome aside Ben Affleck's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman, not to mention the Flash, that will be introduced in Arrow and will have his own TV show.

Also, with Flash, Constantine and Amazon currently in development, this could mean an even larger Universe, uniting all media, as Marvel is trying to do with Agents of SHIELD. DC has that opportunity and shall not waste it! Put them all in the same gigantic Universe. They can use these series as a a way to introduce characters. For example, Constantine could introduce Madame Xanadu, Zatanna, Raven, Etrigan... or even lead to a Swamp Thing spin-off series. Amazon could lead to an Aquaman "Atlantis" spin-off series, or even a "Lanterns" series. Arrow has alredy introduced many characters, but what if Slade came to Starling City? They've introduced Huntress and Canary, how about Birds of Prey? And they have Deadshot and Bronze Tiger, make a Suicide Squad!

The Undertaking, which took 503 lives, is international news, just as the destruction of Metropolis by Superman and Zod in Man of Steel. They should show Arrow's Bethany Snow talking about Starling in Batman vs Superman and her talking about the Kryptonian invasion in Arrow.

Steve Trevor could show ARGUS in Amazon, as Lyla and Waller did in Arrow. Also, STAR Labs's logo was seen in Man of Steel, just as it's Particle Accelerator will be resposible for Flash's powers in Arrow. I've heard (not sure) about a Flash movie being confirmed, so give Grant Gustin the role (I'm also doubtful about him, but I belive he'll do very well).

Another connection is obviously the League of Assassins. Ra's al Ghul and "his daughter" (the word Thalia was never said) have been mentioned in Arrow, so why couldn't Ben Affleck, Stephen Amell and Caity Lotz star in a movie together? Maybe even put John Barrowman's Merlyn or Manu Bennett's Deathstroke? It would be awesome, two billionaire playboys fighting crime together...

By the time the Justice League movie comes out (2017), Arrow will be alredy in Seaosn 5, Flash in Season 3 (I've no idea how they could write so many storylines for him) and Constantine and Amazon hopefully in Seasons 2. So, there'd be a lot of characters alredy establihed in the Unverse, allowing the JL movie to skip the origins and introductions and focus on the story. But they could introduce the cosmic DCU in the JL movie, and by that I mean Darkseid, Green Lantern, the other Lanterns, and maybe reference Hawkman, Lobo, Blue Beetle, Martian Manhunter ot Starfire.

After the JL movie, the DCU would be basically settled and ready for new storylines: Dark Universe settled in Constantine (just waiting for JL Dark to launch), Swamp Thing universe settled in a ST series (maybe introduce Animal Man and Solomon Grundy), Superman universe settled (everything waiting for Brainiac, Supergirl and Superboy), Wonder Woman universe settled in Amazon (Steve Trevor and the Greek Gods), Batman universe settled (a bit in Arrow and a bit in Batman vs Superman), ARGUS already settled, the JL alredy settled, etc.

This would be a way to bring new audience, such as Arrow fans would have more interest in DC, as the series' views would triple if it were part of the DCCU.

#38 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow is based on a reallistic universe and takes all it can from Nolan TDK Trilogy.

Is amazing how people often say its shit to the TDK and love Arrow, without notice they are more open to Green Arrow because he dont have to live to their childish fantasies.

This is like saying Batman from the TDK should be part of the universe.

People often see a smaller picture and belive is a bigger picture.

Arrow not being part of a Cinematic Universe opens the door at a Multimedia Multiverse, that opens more creative doors and mean no Agent of Shield limits for the shows and movies.

Besides keep old franchises alive and keep selling rleated materials of them, besides getting a door open to re explore past franchises or to explore new way of storytelling.

Arrow as part of the DCU makes less sense that Nolan Batman, the guy has terrible gadgets, less skills and he is actually less of a hero that him, Batman killed Ras and Harvey, not poor people for the fact they were poor, Arrow let the rich people live and kills the poor people.

Seeing him would be see a poor mans version of Bale with Affleck.

#39 Edited by Z3RO180 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

Change the title of this thread.

#40 Posted by Azrael_Online (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: that's true. I've only watched Season 1 so far but yeah some of the actors are pretty bad also the script writes them to be really annoying. However, I do like Oliver in the show. I just prefer him to be less serious like Green Arrow in the comics

The guy who played Oliver/GA on Smallville was a better actor and was wrote closer to the comic version too. The actor in Arrow is definitely too serious and comes off like sometimes like a strung out junkie