Arkham Manor, Klarion ... wtf was that all about?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

all these cancellations... should it surprise anyone that Klarion didn't catch on, when in fact I didn't even know he was around in the new 52 and there was no promotion for the character or build up whatsoever. As for Arkham Manor ... I got the first issue... I thought it was good but wow... this is a disturbing trend.

I do feel bad for Aquaman and The Others. That was a solid book.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Arkham Manor wasn't gonna be a long term book. It was to tied into all the events going on in Batman Eternal to really take on a life as its own.

Klarion I don't know why they decided to go with him. Happy they tried cuz I love the character. He is one of those wacky characters you don't get to see much of. However it was doomed from the start. Terrible promotion (I think the publishers could do a better job promoting in general) and hiring Ann Nocenti who has been known for her terrible run on Catwoman, driving Katana to cancellation, and almost driving Green Arrow to cancellation as well.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC is actually planning their doom.

Tune in next month at 7 pm to see which series we cancel next!! Only on DC

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blackdog2009

@crazyscarecrow: yea I gotta agree, Noncenti is not the same anymore but really this book was not promoted properly.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

@blackdog2009: What happened to old school Nocenti? I heard she wrote some good Daredevil stuff.

Really I think if it isn't something with a big name character or team its doomed nowadays with DC. I mean flipping through the pages you see advertisements for the next big event featuring Batman or Green Lantern though nothing really there to remind you that they have books out about Klarion, the Forever People, the Trinity of Sin, and GI Zombie exist. Of course a new readers eye will go instantly to someone like Superman, Batman, Flash, or something so wouldn't it be nice instead of just advertising about those big name characters that'll already be getting sales due to name & visual recognition that they also show new readers and really just readers in general that they are offering more than just those characters. I think house advertising can improve over at DC.

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Arkham Manor has stand out art and the writing is solid. The concept never worked, but the team is good. DC should consider them for Detective Comic. I'm "meh" on the new team.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klarion, Arkham Manor, and Trinity of Sin are now officially the shortest-lived ongoing so far in the New 52.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@crazyscarecrow: Arkham Manor is cancelled because Gerry Duggan is going exclusive with Marvel.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: Don't forget the Green Team and Blackhawks.

@timelord: That too.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My question is how did Klarion get a series before Captain marvel

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Team Seven was eight issues long. (Plus the #0 issue.)

@crazyscarecrow: Both of those, as well as many other New 52 series, were also eight issues long.

These three newly announced cancellations will each be cancelled with #6. Hence, I reiterate that the New 52 has reached a new landmark when it comes to how soon after a series' premiere it can be cancelled.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: Holy crap! I thought it was 8. Wow. What the hell DC!?! When will DC just start coming out and say that most of these series being announced will be mini-series. I think it'll be safe to predict which ones will last at this point.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow: I do think DC does intend for everything they don't immediately label as a mini to be an ongoing, but they do cancel titles rather quickly if they don't sell well, and maybe for some additional reasons as well.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: I do too though honestly I think they should make predictions. If the book is turning out to become something special then I think they should maybe consider making it an ongoing. Though then there is what the problem of producing the book on time if it is good.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By SaintWildcard

Klarion was weird but it had some great art.