Am I the only one who wanted them to do this?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

In other words.... This is what the New 52 was like at the beginning with everything being all over the place...................... But this has an actual explanation for it.

Also Earth 1 being the new focus, lot of room to do stuff, a Superman and Batman are already established along with the Teen Titans. While very different characters than even the New 52 takes, at least Earth 1 Superman is in a FAR better position to become the Superman we all know than New 52 currently is since it's been 6 years in comic time since he became Superman and still acts nothing like Superman would.

In other words? THIS WOULD HAVE MADE MORE SENSE!!!!!!! Especially with the Earth numbering and the fact that they just made a big fuss about Convergence when the end result is.... Pretty much nothing.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just keeping reading Superman: Earth One books, Clark is slowly reaching towards the Superman I think you're looking for. He is still in his first few months but already he is learning his actions will have consequences and people will become afraid of him if they see him as the "other". Despite this he is winning people over with his good actions and his goals are simple and idealistic he wants to help cause that's what he thinks is the right thing to do.

A huge turn off for NEW 52 Superman is just as you said, he keeps "growing" and yet he still is this child with the powers of Superman rarely showing the responsibility or compassion that makes Superman so Iconic.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Hehe. Johns' Batman being the canon one.

I can already hear the rustling.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

John's Batman from Earth-1? I haven't read it yet. Don't Bat fans like it?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I am currently not just going to buy into the idea that this Earth-1 is the same as the one the imprint takes place on. It may be a reflection on some level, but its not the one we are seeing in the various E-1 books, that are for all intents and purposes taking place on different planets.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOAH! I didn't know the Earth One books shared the same universe! I really, really like the Earth One books and just finding this out now that it's a shared universe is mind-blowing. I always wondered about an Earth-One Justice League, but I don't know if the writer will be able to develop all the members; in my opinion, Earth-One books are good in developing a single character alone.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr_1030: Wonder Woman is next so it could eventually happen like the MCU plan where everyone gets a book or two to develop them before the big JL moment. But I agree I prefer them as separate forces, the exception being Teen Titans: Earth One as they were meant to be a team.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@azza04 said:
@squalleon said:

Υeah. Batman is a lot less capable there since he never had the training mainstream Batman had. He is more capable in vol.2 though. The way I see it Johns shows a Batman that has the drive but not the training. And has to get the latter in the process.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Batman earth 1 wasn't good, but I still need to read number two.

Superman earth one volume one was terrible but volumes two and three were great.

Teen Titns earth one volume one was great.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By azza04

@squalleon said:
@azza04 said:
@squalleon said:

Υeah. Batman is a lot less capable there since he never had the training mainstream Batman had. He is more capable in vol.2 though. The way I see it Johns shows a Batman that has the drive but not the training. And has to get the latter in the process.

A Batman that wasn't born with Einstein's intellect, the ability to master every single skill necessary to be Batman in a few years, Neo like reflexes and fighting skills, infinite space on his utility belt, infinite resources, movie star good looks, and the power to pull Batpis out of his ass on a moments notice....I didn't think a Batman like that existed anymore. I might have to get this book.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: Yeah I needed to get that off my chest. I'm just a bit disillusioned with comics right now. All my favorite characters have changed and I'm still trying to adapt lol

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04: na I get u man, the new 52 was a drastic change from pre, it's just put me in a different perspective for things

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr_1030:

@pr_1030 said:

WOAH! I didn't know the Earth One books shared the same universe! I really, really like the Earth One books and just finding this out now that it's a shared universe is mind-blowing. I always wondered about an Earth-One Justice League, but I don't know if the writer will be able to develop all the members; in my opinion, Earth-One books are good in developing a single character alone.

wow batman and superman in the same universe? That's the most amazing thing ever! said a child in the 1950's.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr_1030:

@pr_1030 said:

wow batman and superman in the same universe? That's the most amazing thing ever! said a child in the 1950's.

It's not just mainstream Batman and Superman. I'm talking about the Earth One series. The Earth One series is as series of graphic novels that retell the stories of certain DC characters. They're not part of the New 52 universe (Earth-0). So far, there are: Superman: Earth One Vol. 1, Superman: Earth One Vol. 2, Batman: Earth One Vol. 1, Teen Titans: Earth One Vol. 1, Superman: Earth One Vol. 3 and Batman: Earth One Vol. 1. They were never said to be connected until now. I think at first that they were supposed to be like the All-Star books, not in the same universe.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's got a cool costume there and WW looks like Megan Fox.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly, when I heard about Convergence this is what I expected. I haven't finished the series yet, but if what I read is true, it looks like DC will be in need of another Crisis/Zero Hour/Infinite Crisis/Final Crisis/Flashpoint to make sense of all the incongruent continuity let loose again.