#1 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, I know there are some fans who believe that Wildstorm has no place in the DCU, but I think that these characters can definitely add something to the universe. For one, look at Stormwatch. This book has a very cosmic feel to it, and for those who complain that the cosmic DCU has become nothing but Lantern-Corps centric, the existence of this book refutes that notion (or at least tries to). Characters like Helspont and fictional races like the Kherubim and the Daemonites also add to the cosmic side of the DCU.

Now, I never read Wildstorm comics (except for the time that Captain Atom was transported to the Wildstorm universe in the Armageddon story arc), but I don't really see anything that can't allow a successful integration between the two universes. And, out of all the Wildstorm teams, I think Stormwatch is the one that can be most easily integrated. Most probably because the name of the team doesn't induce a flashback to the nineties like "WildC.A.T.S." or "Gen13" do. Anyway, on to what I started this thread for: I have a suggestion.

There's no doubt that there have been...difficulties in making this title all it could be and having it appeal to longtime readers. This is why I have to wonder why DC would take their one classic DC character that was on the team, Martian Manhunter, off of the book (probably because there was so much whining as to why he wasn't in a Justice League book). We all know that comic book readers are creatures of habit: we like to see the same characters in virtually everything. So, having MM on the team was the link that DC readers needed to accept this new idea of Stormwatch. To remedy this, I say that DC needs to put more classic DCU characters on the Stormwatch roster. There are plenty of DC characters that could fill this role. I just named one earlier that would be perfect: Captain Atom. He definitely has a sci-fi feel to him that's appropriate for this incarnation of the team and he previously crossed over into the Wildstorm universe. So we've seen him interact with them before. Plus, we haven't seen much of him since his own book was cancelled. It'd be great to see DC integrate him somewhere. Other suggestions: Booster Gold, Adam Strange, even Lightray or OMAC (Kevin Kho) could fit the bill.

In conclusion, I'm definitely gonna pick up Starlin's first issue. Not necessarily because I know it will be good, but because I want to support this idea of integrating at least something from Wildstorm into the DCU and I think Stormwatch could make it work. I implore all of you to do the same if you support the notion of anything new or fresh in the DC Universe.

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan was supposed to become a member wasnt he? also, The Weird and Lobo are supposed to be joining. Captain Atom wouldn't be a bad move.

#3 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan was supposed to become a member wasnt he? also, The Weird and Lobo are supposed to be joining. Captain Atom wouldn't be a bad move.

Etrigan is one of the members of the Demon Knights, which is apparently the Medieval group that sort of "evolved" into Stormwatch. They even fought him in one issue. The idea of Stormwatch being this organization that has ancient roots is pretty cool, actually.

Also, where did you hear the news of the Weird and Lobo joining? If so that's great. I always liked Lobo.

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeeguy91 said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

Etrigan is one of the members of the Demon Knights, which is apparently the Medieval group that sort of "evolved" into Stormwatch. They even fought him in one issue. The idea of Stormwatch being this organization that has ancient roots is pretty cool, actually.

i know this. im saying he showed up in solicit for Stormwatch that claimed he was joining the modern team.

Also, where did you hear the news of the Weird and Lobo joining? If so that's great. I always liked Lobo.

its been announced on various sites. The Weird is shown on the gatefold cover for Stormwatch. Lobo will show up a bit later.