Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#51  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@daredevil21134 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134: I think one of the worst issues Waid did was the Spider-Man team-up

I thought DD and Black Cat could have been interesting.Now it just seems like a big waste of time

I haven't got the issue on me but there is a bit when Matt's lack of attempted to keep his alter ego a secret made me rage-quit the book
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@daredevil21134 said:

Don't forget wearing a sweater that says "i'm not Daredevil".I guess Mark Waid forgot how crazy and how much trouble Matt got into for having his identity public during the Bendis run.It was one of the worst times of his life and he shouldn't be making any type of joke outta that

I thought that was hilarious. 
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By daredevil21134

@Vance Astro said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Don't forget wearing a sweater that says "i'm not Daredevil".I guess Mark Waid forgot how crazy and how much trouble Matt got into for having his identity public during the Bendis run.It was one of the worst times of his life and he shouldn't be making any type of joke outta that

I thought that was hilarious.

I didn't

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@daredevil21134 said:

I didn't

I didn't expect that. That's why it was funny to me. For someone to be blatantly poking fun at a situation like that is something i've never sen done. It was like when in New Avengers when Cage and Jessica were looking for a baby sitter and Echo was one of them after we had been trying to figure out where she had gone all this time and she was like "You know I used to be on this f_____ing team!" Although I was pissed about what happened to Echo I LMFAO!
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By daredevil21134

@Vance Astro said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I didn't

I didn't expect that. That's why it was funny to me. For someone to be blatantly poking fun at a situation like that is something i've never sen done. It was like when in New Avengers when Cage and Jessica were looking for a baby sitter and Echo was one of them after we had been trying to figure out where she had gone all this time and she was like "You know I used to be on this f_____ing team!" Although I was pissed about what happened to Echo I LMFAO!

I have no idea why every character that Bendis writes has to use language like that.David Mack wrote Echo differently than that.But it was still funny when she said that

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@daredevil21134 said:

I have no idea why every character that Bendis writes has to use language like that.David Mack wrote Echo differently than that.But it was still funny when she said that

That's not how he wrote Echo when she was actually on the team as far as her demeanor and how she speaks.
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By daredevil21134

@Vance Astro said:

@daredevil21134 said:

That's not how he wrote Echo when she was actually on the team as far as her demeanor and how she speaks.

Well i'll have to take your word for it because I didn't read New Avengers when she was on the team,I only read the first couple of issues but I still didn't like how he just made her sleep with Hawkeye I thought it could have been handled better.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@daredevil21134 said:

Well i'll have to take your word for it because I didn't read New Avengers when she was on the team,I only read the first couple of issues but I still didn't like how he just made her sleep with Hawkeye I thought it could have been handled better.

She didn't do anything but sleep with Hawkeye. She barely even spoke. Bendis has made it clear that he doesn't care about Echo. You would think being a Daredevil writer he would properly utilize her. Maybe he was jealous that David Mack brought better characters into DD's mythos than he did.
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By daredevil21134

@Vance Astro said:

@daredevil21134 said:

She didn't do anything but sleep with Hawkeye. She barely even spoke. Bendis has made it clear that he doesn't care about Echo. You would think being a Daredevil writer he would properly utilize her. Maybe he was jealous that David Mack brought better characters into DD's mythos than he did.

That could explain why he killed her off in i Moon Knight for no reason lol.That death severed completely no purpose

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By X35

@Vance Astro said:

@daredevil21134 said:

You're right. Because he didn't write Echo.

Name one thing Echo did on the Avengers besides placewarm the Ronin identity that Bendis couldn't give to Daredevil like he wanted to until someone else Bendis thought was cool came along. She didn't even properly join. She showed up in 2 issues and wasn't seen again until it was time to give her costume to Hawkeye. And then she loitered in the background until disappearing without even acknowledgement.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@daredevil21134 said:

That could explain why he killed her off in i Moon Knight for no reason lol.That death severed completely no purpose

She should never have even appeared in that book. How is someone an Avenger one minute, and the next she's doing something completely different and the New Avengers never really attempted to look for her or figure out where she was. The whole thing between her and Clint was never resolved. Bendis is really weird about relationships and sex. His Mighty Avengers, Dark Avengers, and New Avengers are all like that.  

@X35 said:

You're right. Because he didn't write Echo.

Name one thing Echo did on the Avengers besides placewarm the Ronin identity that Bendis couldn't give to Daredevil like he wanted to until someone else Bendis thought was cool came along. She didn't even properly join. She showed up in 2 issues and wasn't seen again until it was time to give her costume to Hawkeye. And then she loitered in the background until disappearing without even acknowledgement.

He did literally but not technically. 
I was only drawing a difference in personality between his different Echo appearances. I think I said above she didn't do much of anything under Bendis.
X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By X35

@Vance Astro: "personality" lol

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By daredevil21134

@Vance Astro: Did you see the hint he dropped in Avengers 29 about Hawkeye sleeping with Moondragon

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@daredevil21134 said:

@Vance Astro: Did you see the hint he dropped in Avengers 29 about Hawkeye sleeping with Moondragon

Yea, Hawkeye sleeps with everyone.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Echo, Black Tarantula, White Tiger and Stick should have stayed as DD supporting characters 

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By daredevil21134

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Echo, Black Tarantula, White Tiger and Stick should have stayed as DD supporting characters

I love Stick but Master Izo was awsome

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#67  Edited By daak1212

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Echo, Black Tarantula, White Tiger and Stick should have stayed as DD supporting characters

@daredevil21134 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

So wait why is the hand no longer featured in Daredevil? because Waid thought they were hackneyed and needed something new? I like his direction but when thought is actually applied to thinking of the history of Daredevil it doesn't add up. So after Shadow Land, Kingpin and The Hand no longer care about Matt (Now Kingpins a Wolverine villain?), and what the hell happend to Lady Bullseye? Also what are Matt's chances against Mega Crime when you think about it? Zilch truthfully. Daredevil does not have what it takes to contend with any of them god forbid it's Hyrda or AIM. If Megacrime really saw Matt as an issue they wouldnt have sent Bruiser into stop him they just woulda asked Hydra to use Gorgon to murder Matt.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By daredevil21134

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

So wait why is the hand no longer featured in Daredevil? because Waid thought they were hackneyed and needed something new? I like his direction but when thought is actually applied to thinking of the history of Daredevil it doesn't add up. So after Shadow Land, Kingpin and The Hand no longer care about Matt (Now Kingpins a Wolverine villain?), and what the hell happend to Lady Bullseye? Also what are Matt's chances against Mega Crime when you think about it? Zilch truthfully. Daredevil does not have what it takes to contend with any of them god forbid it's Hyrda or AIM. If Megacrime really saw Matt as an issue they wouldnt have sent Bruiser into stop him they just woulda asked Hydra to use Gorgon to murder Matt.

I believe Lady Bullseye and Kingpin were dealt with in Black Panther Man without fear

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By daak1212

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I believe Lady Bullseye and Kingpin were dealt with in Black Panther Man without fear

What happend to them? If you said they stepped down that's impossible as Kingpin was brought up again in Wolverine in the Japan arc of Aarons run.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@daak1212 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

What happend to them? If you said they stepped down that's impossible as Kingpin was brought up again in Wolverine in the Japan arc of Aarons run.

Kigpin is still running Shadowland in Hells Kitchen, or at least he is in Spider-Man
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By daak1212

@Jonny_Anonymous: Yeah King is still the leader of Hand (brought up in Wolverine when the guy tried to do a coup) but what happend to LB? Also theirs a big ninja castle in friggin Hell Kitchen, how hasnt that been adressed in a more physical manner then just a lil word bubble in the earlier issues?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By daredevil21134

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Yeah King is still the leader of Hand (brought up in Wolverine when the guy tried to do a coup) but what happend to LB? Also theirs a big ninja castle in friggin Hell Kitchen, how hasnt that been adressed in a more physical manner then just a lil word bubble in the earlier issues?

Mark Waid wants to stay away from Villains like the Kingpin and Lady Bullseye.He said so himself so I won't be surprised if its not brought up or addressed in Daredevil.Right now were stuck with villains like Mole Man,Stilt Man and Klaw and soon Coyote.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By daak1212

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

Mark Waid wants to stay away from Villains like the Kingpin and Lady Bullseye.He said so himself so I won't be surprised if its not brought up or addressed in Daredevil.Right now were stuck with villains like Mole Man,Stilt Man and Klaw and soon Coyote.

Oh yeah i know, I said that in my first post that he said they're hackneyed. I just find it stupid how were supposed to expect them to not have an eye on Matt.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

IMO it should have been the first thing Matt dealt with when he got back to New York, I mean since it was Matt that started the whole thing and with his penchant of taking the blame for everything, he would see it as his problem to deal with
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By daredevil21134

@daak1212 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

Oh yeah i know, I said that in my first post that he said they're hackneyed. I just find it stupid how were supposed to expect them to not have an eye on Matt.

Maybe the next writer will do something about that.I really want Mark Waid off Daredevil

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By daredevil21134

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

IMO it should have been the first thing Matt dealt with when he got back to New York, I mean since it was Matt that started the whole thing and with his penchant of taking the blame for everything, he would see it as his problem to deal with

.That would have made since.Mark Waid seems to be in love with the silver age of DD so we'll probably end up seeing Leap Frog soon,or the Jester

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By daak1212

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

The first thing he does is crash a mob wedding and he decides to try and take it chill? I like Waid's run but Waid is an idiot.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

The first thing he does is crash a mob wedding and he decides to try and take it chill? I like Waid's run but Waid is an idiot.

and ends up getting off with the bride, it's a load of crap
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By daak1212

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

I still have yet to figure out the need for him being in Latvaria with the new sense he acquired that went away in....half an issue and why their was an issue of Stark getting rid of the nanites in his head....very unnecessary. These last couple of issues.....sucked.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

I still have yet to figure out the need for him being in Latvaria with the new sense he acquired that went away in....half an issue and why their was an issue of Stark getting rid of the nanites in his head....very unnecessary. These last couple of issues.....sucked.

I don't think it was ever good, I think Waid just turned it in to something pepole where more accustomed to, a book like Spider-Man or the Avengers, just another superhero book instead of a hard-boiled noir crime book
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By daak1212

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

I don't think it was ever good, I think Waid just turned it in to something pepole where more accustomed to, a book like Spider-Man or the Avengers, just another superhero book instead of a hard-boiled noir crime book

Yeah good point...crap Daredevil sucks.

Edit: Well I just thought about, the first couple of issues werent that bad, I liked the whole Corporation was trying to assassinate the guy and Daredevil had to help him but then it got to fantastical with the Latvaria stuff for me. With a crime Noir book, isnt much you can do not to mention his rogue gallery was pretty limited when it was just that and having an army of Ninja's kinda takes away from the realism of what it once was.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daak1212 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@daak1212 said:

I don't think it was ever good, I think Waid just turned it in to something pepole where more accustomed to, a book like Spider-Man or the Avengers, just another superhero book instead of a hard-boiled noir crime book

Yeah good point...crap Daredevil sucks.

Edit: Well I just thought about, the first couple of issues werent that bad, I liked the whole Corporation was trying to assassinate the guy and Daredevil had to help him but then it got to fantastical with the Latvaria stuff for me. With a crime Noir book, isnt much you can do not to mention his rogue gallery was pretty limited when it was just that and having an army of Ninja's kinda takes away from the realism of what it once was.

I don't agree, the ninja aspect was always a part of the Daredevil mythos and it added to the pulp feeling of the book also we got cool villains like Bullseye, Lady Bullseye, Mr Fear, the Owl, Gladiator, Tombstone ect Batman books do fine without having to revert back to the campy ones of old 
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

bump

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#84  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
No Caption Provided
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By daredevil21134

@DarkKnightDetective said:

No Caption Provided

Damn Right

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By daredevil21134

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

bump

lol

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Mark Waid's DD is a direct result of Joe Quesada pitching HIM the idea of bringing DD back into the realm of super heroes. Daredevil enjoyed a good decade of increasingly darker and darker stories. I enjoyed a lot of these too, but at a certain point there's diminishing returns on outright depression. When every issue you think "this guy's life can't possibly get any worse" and then it does, that loses it's impact when all news is bad news. All of this culminated in Shadowland, which most seem to think at best was lackluster and at worst a huge mess.

Daredevil needed a fresh start, and tossing him back into the pre-Shadowland status quo just didn't make sense.

Do you imagine that after The Dark Knight Rises, Warner Brothers is going to look for ways to take Batman even grittier and darker? No, they'll probably go in a different direction to make the character "fresh" again.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@DarkKnightDetective
No Caption Provided
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Crash_Recovery: it's the easiest thing in the world to keep Daredevil a hardboiled crime book and not make Matt's life a depressing mess. 
foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By foolkiller1

@Jonny_Anonymous: Are you gonna pick up Daredevil: End of days?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By daredevil21134

@foolkiller1 said:

I am

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By foolkiller1

@daredevil21134 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

I am

Me too, even though i'm still severely pissed at bendis for raping moon knight.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By daredevil21134

@foolkiller1 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

I am

Me too, even though i'm still severely pissed at bendis for raping moon knight.

me too

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@daredevil21134 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

I am

As am I, although I don't have high hopes for the quality.
foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By foolkiller1

@daredevil21134: High Five

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By daredevil21134

@Vance Astro said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

I am

I just read an interview on it today and I don't either

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By daredevil21134

@foolkiller1 said:

@daredevil21134: High Five

High Five bro

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By foolkiller1

Echo died in moon knight so is this a prequel or a continuation of bendis era daredevil?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By daredevil21134

@foolkiller1 said:

Echo died in moon knight so is this a prequel or a continuation of bendis era daredevil?

She probably comes back like every character who dies does

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Vance Astro said:
@daredevil21134 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

I am