• 82 results
RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RawrImADragon

Just thought I'd share some good news found in the June 2013 Marvel Solicitations found here:

DAREDEVIL: DARK NIGHTS #1 (OF 8)

Lee Weeks (W/A/C)

• A gorgeous new series featuring the greatest talents in comics brings you the rest of the Man Without Fear’s story

• Legendary artist Lee Weeks returns to his favorite hero for “Angels Unaware!”

• A blizzard brings New York to a stand still -- and a young patient lies on death’s door unless Daredevil can get to him in time!

32 PGS./Rated T+…$2.99

No Caption Provided

Lee Weeks will be writing Daredevil for the first time (and drawing simultaneously for the first arc which I don't mind because his work on "Fall of the Kingpin" was good) and from the interview found here the story seems interesting enough. It looks as though DD will be getting another mini series after Bendis' End of Days wraps up. I'm glad DD is getting more attention, and if the books continue to sell well maybe that will help with the movie reboot or more spinoff series.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By daredevil21134

Well hopefully its not campy like the current series.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By tupiaz

Don't know if the story is good. It seems to be a bit cliche and done before also with DD. We will see. However I would love to see Fall of the Kingpin released as a trade again. So many good DD stories and Marvel dose nothing.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By daredevil21134

@tupiaz said:

Don't know if the story is good. It seems to be a bit cliche and done before also with DD. We will see. However I would love to see Fall of the Kingpin released as a trade again. So many good DD stories and Marvel dose nothing.

I'm trying to stay positive but this story really dosen't interest me.I believe Mark Waid just did something like this in his run

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@tupiaz said:

I'm trying to stay positive but this story really dosen't interest me.I believe Mark Waid just did something like this in his run

I think this could be real good and if you don't like the first story that's cool as it's an anthology so you'll get another story and writer next time

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@tupiaz said:

I think this could be real good and if you don't like the first story that's cool as it's an anthology so you'll get another story and writer next time

Hopefully I do like it.I will still read it because it's Daredevil.Since DD end of days is ending i'm gonna need a Daredevil fix and lord knows I can't get that from the highly overrated campy Mark Waid series.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@tupiaz said:

Hopefully I do like it.I will still read it because it's Daredevil.Since DD end of days is ending i'm gonna need a Daredevil fix and lord knows I can't get that from the highly overrated campy Mark Waid series.

Exactly. I know it's a pipe dream but hopefully if Marvel sees there is an audience for a DD book that is written like an actual DD book they may even make one

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@tupiaz said:

Exactly. I know it's a pipe dream but hopefully if Marvel sees there is an audience for a DD book that is written like an actual DD book they may even make one

Hopefully they're testing new writers out while doing this.Because eventually the Mark Waid nightmare will end at some point.So the next writer needs to be ready.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@tupiaz said:

Hopefully they're testing new writers out while doing this.Because eventually the Mark Waid nightmare will end at some point.So the next writer needs to be ready.

Yea, Axel Alonso even said in an interview about Daredevil: DK that he is by far the perfect crime noir super hero and that the greatest storys ever told with DD where noir so I don't know why he doesn't do something about it.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daredevil21134

@jonny_anonymous: He also said that you didn't need noir to tell a good Daredevil story so I don't think too much of his opinions.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Well anyway hopefully this book hit's the right spot so I can get more Daredevil in my life

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Well anyway hopefully this book hit's the right spot so I can get more Daredevil in my life

I'd love Ed Brubaker to come back and put the noir back in DD

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

I'd love Ed Brubaker to come back and put the noir back in DD

Yea but Bru said he's not doing super comics anymore

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Well at least I can dream lol. Seriously I miss rushing to the comic store to read Daredevil and I haven't gotten that feeling since Brubaker left. All these fans that claim Waid's DD is the greatest thing on the shelf, but never read Miller Bnedis,Brubaker,Nocecti,O'neil,Smith,Chickhester's or Mack's run make me laugh.I would take Stan Lee's Daredevil over Waid's run.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That art is fantastic! REALLY looking forward to this series. With this coming out, and the main DD title heating up, its going to be an amazing next few months for DD.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Well hopefully we won't have to wait to long

I think Waid will still be on it for the rest of this year not sure about next year.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I think Waid will still be on it for the rest of this year not sure about next year.

Did you ever have a look out for other books that where similar to the good old days?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Did you ever have a look out for other books that where similar to the good old days?

Other Daredevil books?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Other Daredevil books?

Naw books about other characters that are similar to the Benids/Brubaker DD

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#23 vance_astro  Moderator

Daredevil deserves better than this but i'm a fanboy so i'm reading it.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Other Daredevil books?

Naw books about other characters that are similar to the Benids/Brubaker DD

I love Moon Knight he's one of my favorite characters,outside of that there's not many other heroes I care reading about.I wish Blade had a series lol.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@daredevil21134: Blade would be good if writers remembered that he hunts all occult bad guys not just vampires

@vance_astro: I have a feeling that it's ether Waid's way or bust right now anyway

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vance_astro  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous said:

@vance_astro: I have a feeling that it's ether Waid's way or bust right now anyway

I don't have a problem with Waid's run. I have a problem with Marvel thinking a solo hero can simply have a mini and a regular series and stay relevant. Daredevil needs more exposure than this, back when Bendis started writing, Daredevil was a top 10\20 selling comic, now he's at the bottom with Nova & Hawkeye.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@vance_astro: Hawkeye is at the bottom?

Well what else can Marvel do to make DD more popularother than diluting him even more and sticking him on the Avengers?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vance_astro  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous said:

He's doing like 25k

Well what else can Marvel do to make DD more popularother than diluting him even more and sticking him on the Avengers?

Bring back the Marvel Knights.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

He's doing like 25k

@jonny_anonymous said:

Bring back the Marvel Knights.

I would love to see the Marvel Knights again

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I don't have a problem with Waid's run. I have a problem with Marvel thinking a solo hero can simply have a mini and a regular series and stay relevant. Daredevil needs more exposure than this, back when Bendis started writing, Daredevil was a top 10\20 selling comic, now he's at the bottom with Nova & Hawkeye.

The charge I have seen puts him around top 50's. Also that weren't that many minis doing Bendis run.Father took forever to get released. Besides that wasn't Redemption the only one?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vance_astro  Moderator

@tupiaz said:

The charge I have seen puts him around top 50's. Also that weren't that many minis doing Bendis run.Father took forever to get released. Besides that wasn't Redemption the only one?

Depends on what month or year you're looking at. DD hasn't been top 50 since 2013 started. From January to April he's been way under that. Not that top 50 is good either. Bendis wrote Daredevil from 2001 to 2006, Daredevil had 3 miniseries in that time. (Ninja '01, Redemption '05 and Father between '04 & '07. Also Daredevil didn't really NEED miniseries back when Bendis was writing. It wasn't until the end of his run where things started going downhill, they #'s DD did under Bendis haven't been matched since. Diggle,Brubaker,& Waid haven't been able to put him back on the map.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

Depends on what month or year you're looking at. DD hasn't been top 50 since 2013 started. From January to April he's been way under that. Not that top 50 is good either. Bendis wrote Daredevil from 2001 to 2006, Daredevil had 3 miniseries in that time. (Ninja '01, Redemption '05 and Father between '04 & '07. Also Daredevil didn't really NEED miniseries back when Bendis was writing. It wasn't until the end of his run where things started going downhill, they #'s DD did under Bendis haven't been matched since. Diggle,Brubaker,& Waid haven't been able to put him back on the map.

Ninja Started in December and had the final issue released in May 2001. Bendis became the regular writer in December 2001. So Ninja was released before Bendis became the regular writer. My point is that Marvel does more for DD with miniseries that they did under Bendis run. I think he get pushed pretty hard these days.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vance_astro  Moderator

@tupiaz said:

My point is that Marvel does more for DD with miniseries that they did under Bendis run.

Even assuming Ninja came out before Bendis started writing, no writer that has touched Daredevil has had 3 miniseries come out during the time they were writing. Also my original point was that a character like Daredevil at this current moment isn't going to be able to survive with just a solo book & a miniseries. This is why the Punisher got cancelled. We know Frank is a loner as is Daredevil BUT, "alone" does NOTHING for sales at a company whose most popular property is team books and events.

@tupiaz said:

I think he get pushed pretty hard these days.

A failing book and some miniseries isn't what I call a "hard push".

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tupiaz

@vance_astro: Failing book? The book gets a lot of good media coverage. Besides Daredevil has never been a top seller book. Marvel knows that I think they are fine with the sales so far and will do a lot to keep Daredevil in peoples mind since he is important as an Icon (way more important than the Punisher). Even though you don't like the book doesn't mean it doesn't mean it is failing. Also the End of Days miniseries is done by superstars of the DD creators if that isn't a good push then what is? Also the 7th MW will be released in september. The next miniseries is taken over the schedule of End of Days. There is a lot of DD getting released these days.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@tupiaz said:

@vance_astro: Failing book? The book gets a lot of good media coverage.

Yes, failing. I don't know where it's getting media coverage at but it's not moving alot of units

@tupiaz said:

Besides Daredevil has never been a top seller book.

Yes it has. From the end of '98 until early 2000 Daredevil was a top 10 seller. From '01 to '04 it was between top 20-30. Right now, it's barely top 60 overall. Last month I believe it ranked 68th.

@tupiaz said:

Marvel knows that I think they are fine with the sales so far and will do a lot to keep Daredevil in peoples mind since he is important as an Icon (way more important than the Punisher).

1. The sales aren't fine. His iconic status is probably the only thing keeping his book going.Books that drop below 30k in sales usually get cancelled.That's what happened to She-Hulk,Moon Knight,The Punisher,X-23,Ghost Rider,Nova,Hercules,the Heroes for Hire etc.

2.I also don't think Daredevil is way more important than the Punisher to them. I think they are about neck and neck.

@tupiaz said:

Even though you don't like the book doesn't mean it doesn't mean it is failing.

Where did I say I didn't like the book? That's what everyone else on CV says, I love Waid's Daredevil. In fact the only run's on Daredevil I didn't like were Andy Diggle's & Joe Kelly's.

@tupiaz said:

Also the End of Days miniseries is done by superstars of the DD creators if that isn't a good push then what is? Also the 7th MW will be released in september. The next miniseries is taken over the schedule of End of Days. There is a lot of DD getting released these days.

End of Days is not canon and got no "Marvel NOW" tag. How is that a good push? If Marvel NOW is the most important thing happening at your company and DD is excluded, what are you really changing by putting that mini out?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I'v heard a lot of pepole say they don't like Kelly's run on here, any specific reason why you didn't like it?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vance_astro  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous said:

@vance_astro: I'v heard a lot of pepole say they don't like Kelly's run on here, any specific reason why you didn't like it?

Actually I take that back. It wasn't Kelly's run I didn't like it was Scott Lobdell's. He wrote the incredibly ridiculous "Flying Blind" arc.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

Actually I take that back. It wasn't Kelly's run I didn't like it was Scott Lobdell's. He wrote the incredibly ridiculous "Flying Blind" arc.

Ug dat costume...

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tupiaz

@tupiaz said:

@vance_astro: Failing book? The book gets a lot of good media coverage.

Yes, failing. I don't know where it's getting media coverage at but it's not moving alot of units

@tupiaz said:

Besides Daredevil has never been a top seller book.

Yes it has. From the end of '98 until early 2000 Daredevil was a top 10 seller. From '01 to '04 it was between top 20-30. Right now, it's barely top 60 overall. Last month I believe it ranked 68th.

@tupiaz said:

Marvel knows that I think they are fine with the sales so far and will do a lot to keep Daredevil in peoples mind since he is important as an Icon (way more important than the Punisher).

1. The sales aren't fine. His iconic status is probably the only thing keeping his book going.Books that drop below 30k in sales usually get cancelled.That's what happened to She-Hulk,Moon Knight,The Punisher,X-23,Ghost Rider,Nova,Hercules,the Heroes for Hire etc.

2.I also don't think Daredevil is way more important than the Punisher to them. I think they are about neck and neck.

@tupiaz said:

Even though you don't like the book doesn't mean it doesn't mean it is failing.

Where did I say I didn't like the book? That's what everyone else on CV says, I love Waid's Daredevil. In fact the only run's on Daredevil I didn't like were Andy Diggle's & Joe Kelly's.

@tupiaz said:

Also the End of Days miniseries is done by superstars of the DD creators if that isn't a good push then what is? Also the 7th MW will be released in september. The next miniseries is taken over the schedule of End of Days. There is a lot of DD getting released these days.

End of Days is not canon and got no "Marvel NOW" tag. How is that a good push? If Marvel NOW is the most important thing happening at your company and DD is excluded, what are you really changing by putting that mini out?

DD end of days get a push by its creators. Written by Bendis and Mack, drawn Klaus Jonson, inked by Sienkiewicz and the covers is done by Alex Maleev it doesn't need any branding or pr. The book (an when the trades is released) should be sold by the creators alone.

Daredevil has had a ongoing book since 64 how many failed books have punisher had? Daredevil is an Icon and therefore Marvel will keep it in print. By the way it sold just over 30K getting a 52 spot in april. DD's support characters and enemies alone does that DD is a more important character for Marvel

I would like to see the nubers for DD being in top 10 and top 20-30s.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@tupiaz said:

DD end of days get a push by its creators. Written by Bendis and Mack, drawn Klaus Jonson, inked by Sienkiewicz and the covers is done by Alex Maleev it doesn't need any branding or pr. The book (an when the trades is released) should be sold by the creators alone.

Nobody cares that Bendis wrote a non-canon series for Daredevil. If books were sold on the merit of the creators, Hickman's "New Avengers" book wouldn't be piggy-backing off the Avengers name while not being an actual Avengers book in story.

@tupiaz said:

Daredevil has had a ongoing book since 64 how many failed books have punisher had?

I don't think it matters. Marvel made sure that Punisher had at least one book in every era. I think that proves what he means to them. Alot of characters don't get as many chances as The Punisher has had. I also believe he's the only solo hero besides Spider-Man & Iron Man that has 3 films or more based on him alone.

That's not good considering the character we're talking about.

@tupiaz said:

I would like to see the nubers for DD being in top 10 and top 20-30s.

Sure.

Dec 1998 (Ranking 15th)
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1998/1998-12.html

Jan 1999-Dec 1999 (Rankings range from 7th-12th)
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-01.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-02.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-03.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-04.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1998/1998-05.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-06.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-07.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-08.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-09.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-10.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-11.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1999/1999-12.html

Jan 2000-Dec 2000 (Rankings Range from 8th-10th)
Nothing for January
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-02.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-03.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-04.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-05.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-06.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-07.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-08.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-09.html
Nothing for October only Daredevil Ninja which ranked 26th
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-10.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-11.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-12.html

Jan 2001-Dec 2001 (Rankings Range from 8th-24th)
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-01.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-02.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-03.html (Daredevil Yellow also came out ranking 10th)
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-04.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-05.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-06.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2002/2002-07.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-08.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-09.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-10.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-10.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-11.html
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2001/2001-12.html

I could keep going but this is time consuming and I think you get the point. Those links also take you to comichron which is my source and you can go to the top, click on "monthly sales" and get the same information i'm getting.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vance_astro  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous said:

Ug dat costume...

I actually didn't have a problem with the costume but the artist during that arc was god awful.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

My point is that Marvel does more for DD with miniseries that they did under Bendis run.

Even assuming Ninja came out before Bendis started writing, no writer that has touched Daredevil has had 3 miniseries come out during the time they were writing. Also my original point was that a character like Daredevil at this current moment isn't going to be able to survive with just a solo book & a miniseries. This is why the Punisher got cancelled. We know Frank is a loner as is Daredevil BUT, "alone" does NOTHING for sales at a company whose most popular property is team books and events.

@tupiaz said:

A failing book?How so?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vance_astro  Moderator
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

A failing book?How so?

It's not selling very well.

That's kind of weird because it's highly praised all over the internet.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

Good books get cancelled all the time.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

Good books get cancelled all the time.

True.But I doubt this series will lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

I don't think it will either. They will probably just change writers if the sales get too low.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

I don't think it will either. They will probably just change writers if the sales get too low.

Hopefully

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@tupiaz said:

@tupiaz said:

Bendis wrote Ninja, just saying.

As far as this new book goes, I plan on picking it up because of the fan boy in me.

Where writers are concerned, Bendis is the only one that forced me to stop buying DD. I'm sure his stories were good after I stopped but his writing style was not to my taste. Just found it very hard to follow. (Yes, I do own Ninja and it's really bugging me were he used the Korean/South Asian language as I cannot find a translation to english for it.) I also would like to know if anything came of the child Karen yet. (mentioned this somewhere else to).

Oh yea, I happen to like this new direction so far but it is going to depend on the next issue if I keep buying.....I'm hoping I'm wrong.