Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NeonGameWave
No Caption Provided

Settings and Concept

I personally believe Dante to be heavily underrated on this forum along with many characters that range from different mediums, I want to know why so many believe him to be below Iron Man or on the level of low-high tier street levelers when he is far above that scale? I have every game, watched the anime, read the manga and I am currently immersing myself into the canon novel series he is far more powerful than what people understand especially if you research or open up to the facts of the lore it will become more inevitably clear in regards to what the creator intended for his character. Dante at full power and fully equipped in the Marvel Universe would be above a fully powered Mephisto as well as the Ghost Rider (Zarathos) IMO. As for the DC Universe, I would say or gauge him at the level of being above at least Superman or Etrigan its hard to rank him within the confines of the DC Universe due to his leveling system and limitation on characters IMO.I however, am open to discussion and fun debating but as the rules follow these settings are in tuned with the purpose of this thread.

This is at the end of DMC 2 Dante (most serious and less merciful version) as he is also fully equipped (all equipment/items/upgrades/perks from all games) and fully powered.

Dante is not limited by game mechanics or PIS.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Where is Dante`s rank in the DC or Marvel Universe, or any other fictional universe?

Do you agree with me or disagree?

On a scale of 10 where would you rank him?

If you believe he is overrated then explain you`re reasons without bias.

START!

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cjdavis103

you need to list opponents otherwise this is to open ended

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This. From what I've played/seen, I'd say he is just above movie Thor level.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103 said:

above Thor? Spiderman could take him

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not a battle thread its an open hierarchy thread if you are not familiar enough with this character then it will be a problem to understand the purpose, I listed the rules from what you know you can debate me or rank him but if it makes it more reasonable and easier I will add a subsection of opponents to base him from.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103 said:

No way? Dante would crush him in any comparative sense, an argument could be made for Vergil or even Nero....

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

High Mid Tier

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fully-equipped and full-powered?

So like Devil Trigger, Royal Guard, Bangle of Time, and Quicksilver?

If he used all of those OP abilities and just spammed the heck out of them, he could beat just about anyone that didn't manipulate time or reality.

His combat speed and fighting skills are amazing.

His strength is significant.

His variety of weapons is staggering.

And his healing factor is crazy.

The only thing we really don't know is how he'd stack up when getting the tar beat out of him by someone like, say, the Hulk. We know he can soak bullets and regenerate from impalement. But he doesn't really get pounded on by anything on that level of strength, because he doesn't allow it.

I dunno. In Marvel, I'd say he's around Hulk/Thor/Ghost Rider/Herald level, depending on how you stack each one.

In DC, he could probably take a Superman that wasn't bloodlusted. Speed blitz and "being thrown into the sun" are the only reasons why I add in the non-bloodlusted stipulation.

Jmarshmallow

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slimj87d

With all his abilities including time control. 8 or 8.5

With none of his extra abilities he has obtained, 7.5 with DT and 6 without.

Spider-man would rank at a 3 or 4 for example and Silver Surfer is at a 10.

People need to understand just existing in our world alone, he is fast enough to shoot bullets with his own bullets and can thrust his sword 1000 times in a a few seconds. Giving him time manipulation with his already lightning fast reflexes makes him possibly fast as fractions of light (1/8 or 1/4 of llight speed, etc). I haven't done the calculations but I'm basing this off of him and Virgil battling so fast that their swords created a barrier spherical barrier where rain could not enter. Now allow him to slow down time to a crawl and he still can create the same feat.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92 said:

@cjdavis103 said:

Woah. No way. Man. Spiderman gets crushed

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92:

spider man.... gets crushed?Not even close.

I am not saying that Spidy crushes Dante it would be a close fight But I would put at spidys level not Thors

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92:

spider man.... gets crushed?Not even close.

I am not saying that Spidy crushes Dante it would be a close fight But I would put at spidys level not Thors

Yeah. Have you even played any DMC games? At his weakest, it would be a fair fight. At his strongest, no chance in hell for Spidey.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidy has fought people as powerful as Dante before and won

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

mudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mudcrab

i am not sure exactly where to put Dante when it comes to comparing him to people from the Marvel or DC but even at his strongest there will always be someone who can beat him

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around Spiderman.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dante in my opinion would be around top tier mutant level (alpha) with magneto and cable (though he's not a mutant, just where I like to compare him)

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

*Manga Reader's perspective*

I'll ignore the rule of "...in the marvel or DC universe..."

I'd put him definitely above mid-tier and well into high tier.

He's JUST barely at the top top of the bleach universe. He's definitely above alot of one piece characters, but not the super high tiers, i don't watch or keep up with naruto, so idk where to place him.

I could honestly see him fighting fairly with future trunks. Please no flame guys

The thing is, you have to be completely just >>>> him, or have A hax ability of your own if you want to beat him. This is why dante is such a hard character to rate.

In video games, i'd put him above full equip kratos, just a little sliver above raiden(raiden could honestly win a few times, maybe even take a majority) and lightning(from FF13, she's a time lord).

But dante is very powerful with full hax and abilities, definitely hightier.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante's comedy level would be at Spiderman's level but combat-wise he'd be at Thor's level (plus utility).

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cor_Tsar

If he used all of those OP abilities and just spammed the heck out of them, he could beat just about anyone that didn't manipulate time or reality.

The only thing we really don't know is how he'd stack up when getting the tar beat out of him by someone like, say, the Hulk. We know he can soak bullets and regenerate from impalement. But he doesn't really get pounded on by anything on that level of strength, because he doesn't allow it.

I dunno. In Marvel, I'd say he's around Hulk/Thor/Ghost Rider/Herald level, depending on how you stack each one.

In DC, he could probably take a Superman that wasn't bloodlusted. Speed blitz and "being thrown into the sun" are the only reasons why I add in the non-bloodlusted stipulation.

Jmarshmallow

I agree on this wholeheartedly.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thelocust619

If I had to gauge him with complete freedom of interpretation, I'd say hes a city buster at max and a skyscraper buster at base, yet he has high reality warping attacks in the sense that all he needs to do is put a little demon energy into his attacks n they can hit about anything (intangibles, demons, high gods). Add onto it his at minimum spiderman/sharingan level senses and bleach-esq speed-based style of combat, and a level of peak skill for his body and mind just shy of being comparable to Batman's over the human form...he's nearly untouchable. However, as durable as he is and with his regen, he is obviously dodging attacks for a reason and any time someone wants to show that Dante's struggling its usually done with one attack, so his overall durability in human form is in question. For instance Alastor ran him through just fine...and omg that handguard...but if it had biforcated him he likely would have just died. Overall I'd rate him as a seven, a 9 with all his exploits like BoT, Royal Guard (a testament to his raw skill, though), Trickster, full DT pistol, pandora's box, and the underestimated doppleganger. Most people don't consider how he basically couldn't do anything to the savior statue, an estimated 100,000 tons, and his attack power more or less maxes out at a full power DT pistol shot of an unknown destruction level. I'd say at best it'd put a very respectable hole through the Hulk but definately not kill him.

This is based on all the amazing games and the sub par anime

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24 god_spawn  Moderator

@iheartzombies92 said:

@cjdavis103 said:

Hell no. The guy would slaughter Parker, and easily destroy movie Thor.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around Spiderman.

Why does there seem to be a degrading of truth, when most should be fully aware of the fact that DMC 3 Dante or manga Dante (his weakest versions) alone would destroy Spiderman in seconds.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, my final opinion.

Ordinary human = 0

Superman = 10

Dante = 8.5

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@iheartzombies92: Honestly I think he could take Superman unless Supes was bloodlusted.

What does Superman have against Royal Guard, Bangle of Time, and Quicksilver?

Jmarshmallow

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92: Honestly I think he could take Superman unless Supes was bloodlusted.

Jmarshmallow

True, with all the artefacts and gear, he could take it. I'm talking in terms of base statistics.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PieHole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103 said:

@iheartzombies92 said:

@cjdavis103 said:

Hell no. The guy would slaughter Parker, and easily destroy movie Thor.

Wait wait, spiderman "your friendly neigborhood spiderman!" No. Just No.

Give Dante a Pizza then he'd be up there with Multi-Abstracts.

Superbot400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does Royal Guard do in canon? Far as time powers goes, we know that Superman has time dilation super speed, meaning he can make his body move faster relative to everybody's else speed . Superman has beaten before people who could control time.

and here is another time Superman has counted somebody who stop time.

Post Crisis Supes has a chance aganist Dante, I doubt Nu52 Superman has done something like that. Gladiator has done a similar feat too.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Could someone explain what hax means because I'm unfamiliar with that term..

Now onto my opinion. Idk if I could even rank Dante anywhere. DMC 2 Dante with all weapons and gear from every game and the anime and the manga? I'll try to make a small list of abilities to sum up what comes to mind for me

• Speed and Agility-Dante has shown he has enough speed to run down, yes DOWN, the side of a building. He was running fast enough that his hand was heating up. His dash displays enough speed to make him appear with a blur effect. Dante is quick on his feet and easily able to evade the attacks of groups of demons. In DT his speed is doubled or tripled.
  • Durability-He has taken point blank gunshots to the forehead and it didn't really faze him. He literally gets impaled every game and just shrugs it off as nothing. Falls from great heights do nothing, he just lands on his feet and walks away. The only times I can remember even seeing him anywhere near being hurt was his first fight with Vergil and his fight against Mundus.
  • Weaponry/Equipment-All his weapons are magically or demonically powered, so being hit with any of them will probably cause a great deal of damage to most opponents. He is capable of freezing, burning, or electric attacks. His bladed weapons can cut through most materials clearly. The Sparda sword plus the Perfect Amulet possess the power of Sparda himself who beat essentially the Devil single-handedly and that's after he beat his armies. His talismans grant him various abilities such as flight and elemental abilities.
  • He is a master swordsman and marksman with at least competent hand to hand combat skills

His ability to stop time with Quicksilver, summon a Doppleganger and defend with his Royal Guard style alone would make him tough to beat. He has so many different abilities that I'm not sure how someone would go about countering them all. Not saying he is unbeatable, but tough for sure.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RetconCrisis

I'd say he's above almost, if not, all street levelers. He can take on a lot beings above street level though. He has a lot of invulnerability. I'd say his limit is against Witchblade or The Darkness from Top Cow. Can't think of anyone from the Marvel or DC Universes that would be his lowest limit. Just when he was not as experienced in DmC3, in the opening cutscene for DmC3 he took four demon scyths to the body and walked it off like it was a nerf dart. No, even less than a nerf dart.

@oscuro said:

Could someone explain what hax means because I'm unfamiliar with that term..

Hax means that it is overpowered or unfair. Like hacks in a video game. Why most people on the Vine disregard Quicksilver because, it is, well, hax.

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dante would be around rank 7. Deadpool status essentially, he's not a big hitter and that's the problem. A pissed off Superman would rip him to pieces and make sure he never regenerated.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superbot400: Canon? Well, gameplay could be considered canon since it's...a game.

And what it does in gameplay is counter, mimic, then reflect any damage that an enemy does to him.

Basically, it's the rubber effect. Whatever someone does to him, it bounces off and hurts them instead.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainuzi: Lol.

Dante would destroy Deadpool. Or any street leveler.

Wolverine, Captain America, Deathstroke, Iron Fist, Bane, Lady Shiva, Cassie Cain, Spider-Man, even Midnighter would get destroyed...at the same time.

Jmarshmallow

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@piehole: Yes, just yes. Spider-Man has virtually no advantages over Dante to say he can win.

Superbot400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superbot400: Canon? Well, gameplay could be considered canon since it's...a game.

And what it does in gameplay is counter, mimic, then reflect any damage that an enemy does to him.

Basically, it's the rubber effect. Whatever someone does to him, it bounces off and hurts them instead.

Jmarshmallow

No i'm talking about how Dante's royal guard works in the story.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superbot400: Doesn't matter in the context of this particular thread, OP said counting all abilities and weaponry.

For reference, though, I don't believe it was worked into the story.

Jmarshmallow

PieHole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piehole: Yes, just yes. Spider-Man has virtually no advantages over Dante to say he can win.

Heh. You took its context the wrong way, when I meant No. Just No. I meant that Spider-Man wouldn't be able to take on Dante.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 god_spawn  Moderator
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@neongamewave: Woah, Neon you're back :P Haven't seen you in a while son.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: Woah, Neon you're back :P Haven't seen you in a while son.

Yep and I`m happy to be back. I`ve been busy for awhile, I hope everything is going well with you, my good friend.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Amazing points and overall post!!! I agree with you but in my opinion, I think Dante would be able to easily take out a bloodlusted Superman due to the track record and resume of enemies that he has triumphed against his demonic/magical empowerments should be enough to nullify any kind of extraordinary resilience the Man of Steel may possess also Dante has FTL feats in DMC 1 and DMC 2.

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jmarshmallow:

I'm saying in comparison with the Supermen of both DC and Marvel, hell, even Vertigo and Gear, Dante would be considered a class 7 out of 10. He is very powerful, that's indisputable, but again, Someone like Supes, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Pheonix, A-Bomb, any symbiote, Thor, any asgardian for that matter, I can literally go on and on with people who could wreck him. Pin the effing Human Defense Corps against him and they'll find a way. They've killed demons before, this nothing new to them, the son of sparda will fall.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By renamed040924

@neongamewave: Dante is weird. His best strength feat is maybe a couple thousand tons and most of his speed is massively hypersonic. Nothing to be ashamed of, but considering that, at the same time he's powerful enough to destroy universal-level beings like Mundus, and things get a bit inconsistent.

His own coolness is his own downfall. Since he can't ever be bothered to give two f***s, we don't know his actual limitations. Literally in the entire franchise, he's only been challenged, like, twice. Vergil was first, but Dante was considerably weaker back than. And then there's Mundus; a battle that gave us a very good idea of what a fully powered Dante is capable of. Unfortunately, we never saw any more of that.

Dante has at least one or two FTL speed feats. So Superman shouldn't be blitzing him any time soon. His strength is lacking, but powerful weapons like Rebellion and Sparda make up for that. Durability is a controversial topic; we know Dante has a great HF, but actual durability feats are rare. He tanked getting pounded by Beowulf as a teen and smirked at The Savior's attacks, so coupled with his regen, it should be fair to assume powerhouse character's can not oneshot him. And then we have all those wonderful weapons and special abilities that he never seems to use in cutscenes...

In my opinion, Dante is definitely in league with powerhouse characters of Marvel and DC. He'd defeat Hulk but probably get taken down by Superman. Dante vs Thor is fun to think about.

Gray Fox would still beat Vergil tho

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: Dante is weird. His best strength feat is maybe a couple thousand tons and most of his speed is massively hypersonic. Nothing to be ashamed of, but considering that, at the same time he's powerful enough to destroy universal-level beings like Mundus, and things get a bit inconsistent.

His own coolness is his own downfall. Since he can't ever be bothered to give two f***s, we don't know his actual limitations. Literally in the entire franchise, he's only been challenged, like, twice. Vergil was first, but Dante was considerably weaker back than. And then there's Mundus; a battle that gave us a very good idea of what a fully powered Dante is capable of. Unfortunately, we never saw any more of that.

Dante has at least one or two FTL speed feats. So Superman shouldn't be blitzing him any time soon. His strength is lacking, but powerful weapons like Rebellion and Sparda make up for that. Durability is a controversial topic; we know Dante has a great HF, but actual durability feats are rare. He tanked getting pounded by Beowulf as a teen and smirked at The Savior's attacks, so coupled with his regen, it should be fair to assume powerhouse character's can not oneshot him. And then we have all those wonderful weapons and special abilities that he never seems to use in cutscenes...

In my opinion, Dante is definitely in league with powerhouse characters of Marvel and DC. He'd defeat Hulk but probably get taken down by Superman. Dante vs Thor is fun to think about.

Gray Fox would still beat Vergil tho

Amazing points and awesomely said!!!! I agree and I understand you`re perspective in terms of Superman vs Dante, I personally think Dante would have more of the advantages and he has proven enough times in regards to enemy category on why Superman should be just another obstacle. Thor vs Dante would be more interesting and would challenge as well as provoke thought, I agree it would be pretty fun just to visualize the idea of the two juggernaut powerhouses trading blows.

Lol, I respect you`re opinion but Vergil all the way but Gray Fox is just as cool!

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By XLR87T3
EzioRenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante's Level=Thor Classic or Superman (Post-Crisis) Level

Dante could prove many things which made him a powerful character.

Though Asura is the main problem here.