Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1874 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

Ways to reverse the "event" in Batman Inc #8? (spoilers)

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noj

So Damian Wayne died today and that sucks. Damian is one of my favorite characters in comics and seeing him die leaves a hole in the DC Universe. At some point Damian WILL come back. its just how things work in comics and Ive never been happier about that. However the real question is how long it will take for him to come back and how he will brought back (sooner rather than later hopefully). In my mind there are 3 ways to effectively bring Damian back hopefully without pissing off too many people.

1.) The Lazarus Pit: This is the most obvious one and IMO the one they are most likely to go with. Damian is Ra's al Ghuls grandson the Lazarus Pit is practically in his blood. Actually that would be a cool way to bring him back by saying that the Lazurus Pit had warped Ra's genes over the years which passed on to Damian giving him limited rejuvenation when he dies. But more likely someone is going to give Damian a long bath in the Lazarus pit and hopefully he will be back to new in no time.

2.) Clones/Advanced Medicine: Twice in Morrison's run Damian has been horribly injured. The first time was shortly after his introduction where he was blown up on the submarine (where he was going to originally die) and next when he was shot several times in the back by Flaming during the Red Hood arc of Batman and Robin. In both of these instances Damian was taken in by his mother and fixed up by very advanced medication including having all his organs replaced and him a spine replacement. In fact Talia had multiple cloned organs and other specimens in an advanced medical facility on standby just in case. Maybe Talia will put this facility to good use again? This seems slightly less likely given her apparent abandonment of Damian but maybe those tears at the end of 8 are signs of her heart coming back?

3.) Deal with the Devil: As seen in Batman #666 when he was 14 years old Batman died. At this point Damian made a deal with the Devil (presumably Dr Hurt) and gained supernatural abilities such as advanced regeneration. As we saw a few issues ago during Batman's trip thru time he glimpsed this future and was able to relay it to Damian and the rest of the Robin's. Batman's knowledge changed the future in some ways which presumably lead to Damian's death. However what if this event moves Damian's deal with the devil up a few years? Damian being brugh back with supernatural abilities is certainly another step towards the 666 future. This is probably the least likely one of the 3 to actually happen but the one I would want to see the most.

Well these are my ideas to bring Damian back. What do you think of them and what are some of yours?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

1- Talia won't do it. She's the one who wanted him dead in the first place.

2- Cloning would be f**ked up, and any chance of swapping his brain into a new body are gone because of oxygen loss to the brain given the mourning time. Plus that's just f**ked up.

3- The deal with the devil was supposed to be with Doctor Hurt. That alternate future has since been disproven by Talia and The Heretic, the monster-clone that killed Damian. Which was to prove the point in the first place.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By noj

@InnerVenom123: Sure Talia did want him dead but maybe her motherly instincts have come back? Crying at his death at the end of 8 certainly proves that she does still care for him on some level. Plus it doesn't necessarily have to be Talia that drops him in the pit. Bruce or one of the other members of the family could try and revive him, or maybe even Ra's. We saw Dick in Batman and Robin that Dick is certainly willing to go to extreme measures to bring back someone he cares about when he tried to revive what he thought was Bruce's body in a Lazarus pit.

Doctor Hurt is more than likely still around somewhere. We saw him in the future in Batman Inc #5 hinting that his run in with the Joker is probably not the last we will see of him he is some sort of immortal. The path to the 666 future has certainly changed due to Bruce's knowledge of it but like I said in my original post maybe this just means some things have been moved up such as Damian's deal. Talia also hinted that the Batman in the 666 future was the Heretic but there is no way given the way he acted and how far into the future it was. Im not sure Talia really knows what Bruce saw.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JakeN7

I really want him to come back somehow too, but Grant Morrison said: "Damian isn't the first Robin to fall in the line of duty, but he has the potential to be the first one who stays dead." And the artist, Chris Burnham, said that "Damian is as dead as Thomas and Martha Wayne."

I'm genuinely freaking out at this point.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xblah_blahx

The only one of those ideas that seems plausible is the Lazarus Pit. Like you said, maybe Talia has a change of heart. But then again probably not.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By noj

@JakeN7: Oh no I hadnt seen that interview before. That SUCKS! hopefully he is just posturing for the interview or he doesnt know the full story yet!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JakeN7

@noj said:

@JakeN7: Oh no I hadnt seen that interview before. That SUCKS! hopefully he is just posturing for the interview or he doesnt know the full story yet!

One can only hope (with all their frickin' heart!) that that's the case.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

@JakeN7 said:

I really want him to come back somehow too, but Grant Morrison said: "Damian isn't the first Robin to fall in the line of duty, but he has the potential to be the first one who stays dead." And the artist, Chris Burnham, said that "Damian is as dead as Thomas and Martha Wayne."

This is honestly for the best.

It was a great plan to give this character a full story arc and then end it.

Plus it's a reversal of Bruce losing his parents, which fits in with the entire theme of the run so far, with Bruce having to fight evil parental figures (Dr. Hurt as the father and Talia as the mother) like Morrison mentioned.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JakeN7

@InnerVenom123 said:

@JakeN7 said:

This is honestly for the best.

It was a great plan to give this character a full story arc and then end it.

Plus it's a reversal of Bruce losing his parents, which fits in with the entire theme of the run so far, with Bruce having to fight evil parental figures (Dr. Hurt as the father and Talia as the mother) like Morrison mentioned.

It's best for DC's conviction and the comic book industry's reputation, but not necessarily best for Damian. I don't know...this is all pretty surreal. He hasn't been dead for 5 minutes and I already want him back. I feel so conflicted. If Damian does stay dead, I will truly miss him immensely.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By RedOwl_1

@JakeN7 said:

Oh God I thought was just a cliffhanger... but know I'm flipping over all my tables ina very sad/angry way

(╯°n°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Because I know with Morrison I totally can expect that he created Damian to die, now if you excuse me I have to flip those tables in a sad way while saying "DANG IT MORRISON" as usual but and from this single moment on I will say his last name Morrison as if he was Dinkleberg, and he will be blame of my sadness over Damian (and life itself)

No Caption Provided
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

I got it! Everyone is tied up in a room on some kind of hallucinogen adminstered by the Joker in the Death in the Family Arc. The Scarecrow was in on it as well, and theJoker is is alive laughing on a loudspeaker.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Fantasgasmic

The obvious answer would be that one of Ra's's/Ra's' (what's the possessive for a guy named already ends with apostrophe s?) followers to be the one to use a Lazarus Pit to bring him back. I know the pre-DCnU isn't necessarily canon, but since Morrison's justification was he planned on killing Damian at the end of Batman & Son, after 4 issues, they must count. So…

Talia's whole Leviathan thing started as another way she's lashing out against her father. Instead of opposing him by supporting Batman, like she'd done before, she's trying to prove she's even better of a warlord/terrorist than Ra's. Sure she's targeting Bruce thru Damian, because he chose life with his father over her, but if you go back it's easy to see why this is the case.

Batman #656
    Batman #656

Talia's fallout with her father solidified when her half-brother White Ghost tried to suck out the Damian's soul and use him as a vessel to bring Ra's back to life, but ended up being the vessel for Ra's… who then immediately kidnapped Damian (and Tim) and threatened to transfer himself into the boy again! When it was clear that Ra's didn't want Damian to inherit his empire in the traditional sense, a schism formed between Talia and her father. So it's safe to say Ra's or one of his followers would be more than willing to resurrect Damian solely to spite his mother. Having died at the hands of his "brother" would mean he would be an unworthy vessel for al Ghul. The Heretic has now replaced Damian as Ra's'(s) rightful heir, so Ra's should no longer be interested in him.

No Caption Provided

Treat it like the way Jason came back to life in the Under the Red Hood DVD.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

I think that they will get him back via the Lazarus Pit but I'm not sure who will exactly give this idea.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By z3ro180

As long as its one of thoses three ways I'm fine

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By havoc1201

As soon as Morrison leaves the rest of the writers will clean up Morrisons mess he and his ego left and then we can act like Batman inc never happened, something i look forward to very much.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By gotwillpower

@JakeN7 said:

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By sinestro_GL

@JakeN7 said:

Don't let that get to you. I don't know why Morrison thinks he's some sort of God. Let's look at his track record:

1. He was the one to 'kill' Batman

2. He brought Barry Allen back after 20-odd years, after his heroic death

So I don't see why it's so infeasible for another writer to bring Damian back...Grant Morrison's word is not final, nor should it be.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By havoc1201

@sinestro_GL said:

@JakeN7 said:

Don't let that get to you. I don't know why Morrison thinks he's some sort of God. Let's look at his track record:

1. He was the one to 'kill' Batman

2. He brought Barry Allen back after 20-odd years, after his heroic death

So I don't see why it's so infeasible for another writer to bring Damian back...Grant Morrison's word is not final, nor should it be.

well said, Morrison is trying to hard to leave a mark on comics that its becoming a very bad mark as his legacy, he could of had the pride of creating a character that stood the test of time instead he killed him off for a cheap and pointless ending

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator
    No Caption Provided

Hey, it worked last time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.