• 64 results
comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By comicace3

Was Damian a good robin? Did you like him as robin? Was his Death honorable? Do you think he will be resurrected? So many questions... and so many answers.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By End_Boss

He was my favorite Robin. I'm not sure what you mean by "honorable." Did he go out fighting the good fight? Yes, in that sense it was honorable. Was the death fitting and justified? No. It felt rushed and half-baked. He'll probably be resurrected, but as a villain. That or they'll just be like "the Heretic is evil Damian now, guis! That makes up for it, right?!"

I'll never be not bitter.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

@comicace3 said:

Was Damian a good robin? Did you like him as robin? Was his Death honorable? Do you think he will be resurrected? So many questions... and so many answers.

I think he was the greatest Robin because he challenged Batman in ways he'd never been challenged by a Robin. He tested Buce Wayne at every step not only as a Robin but his child. Damian used intellect and dialogue never before seen or heard of from a Robin, not even by Jason Todd. He was Robin 12.0 or updated version of Robin for this age we live in now. Who could hate that, or despise that fact.This 10 yr old had gut, and went out in glory. True warriors would be proud of him in Vallhalla! I'm sure it was a honor for Bruce to be his father, and he'd tell any and everyone that in a heartbeat, even those who didn't like him. Long live the memory of Damian and may his ressurection be swift.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Havenless

What do you mean... 'was'?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Clark_EL
Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Havenless

@Clark_EL said:

@Havenless:

Wow. Thanks for putting 'Spoiler' in the title there champ. I live in the Pacific Islands, we always get comics a week after the US. Let me guess, Batman Incorporated? Guess I don't need to bother with that one when it's delivered to my doorstep.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By End_Boss

@Havenless: I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but if it was, spoiler blocks are there for a reason. And yes, it's Batman Incorporated #8. I'm not sure how you've been able to exist on the internet this long without being spoiled already.

Also, you really don't need to bother with the issue. Knowing that he dies is enough. The issue itself was terrible.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Clark_EL

@Havenless: That was kind of rude I did put a spoiler.....if you looked at it it's your fault.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jnr6Lil
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

he was a good Robin. i hated the way he treated Tim but in the end Damian showed that he deserved his place.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By JakeN7

@End_Boss said:

The issue itself was terrible.

How the hell so?

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Havenless

@Clark_EL said:

@Havenless: That was kind of rude I did put a spoiler.....if you looked at it it's your fault.

Quoting you, but referring to to topic title

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#13  Edited By TheCannon

NO. He was a horrible character, put shame to the name Robin, and deserved to die brutally.

Not sure how he died, but I hope he suffered in his final moments.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jorgevy

dont care that much about him, but he'll return obviously. even jason returned so...

@Jnr6Lil said:

No Caption Provided

also this

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@TheCannon said:

NO. He was a horrible character, put shame to the name Robin, and deserved to die brutally.

Was the putting shame to the name Robin because he killed people?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Joewell911

@TheCannon: thats a bit harsh

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FalconPuuunch

I think Damian was the best Robin. People like to say Dick or Jason because they are cool as Nightwing and Red Hood but the truth is they were for the most part stale and boring Robins. Just look at any old Batman book. How is saying "Holy This" and "Gee Golly That" in any way interesting. Dick was only interesting when he finally started morphing into Nightwing and the only memorable thing about Jason as Robin is when he died and went up against Two-Face his first time.

I'm not familiar enough with Drake as Robin to say he was a terrible Robin or not, but if he was like anything in his solo Red Robin series then I have to give the award to Damian Wayne for best Robin. His death was sloppy, but at least he did go down fighting and not tied down to a post.

EDIT: Also Stephanie Brown isn't even a contender (if it wasn't already obvious).

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By comicace3

@TheCannon: OUCH...

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By evilvegeta74

@TheCannon said:

Why the hate?

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gettogaara

He was the best.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By Timandm

WHAT death?!?!?  He freaking died?

If so, h ow about a MOTHER F(*&$*(g SPOILER WARNING?!?!?!  WTF?!?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Timandm said:

WHAT death?!?!? He freaking died? If so, h ow about a MOTHER F(*&$*(g SPOILER WARNING?!?!?! WTF?!?

I think everyone abandoned spoiler warnings after DC officially announced the spoiler a few days early.

Does anyone know why they did that? Was it just so everyone would go out and buy a copy?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By End_Boss

@JakeN7: Well, I can already tell from your aggressive response that we won't agree, but if you really want to know, I thought the pacing was incredibly awkward, the death was unearned and just kind of "happened," and Batman's arrival just seconds after he might have made a difference after leaping from a rooftop to conveniently land at the scene seemed forced and just an excuse to have him holding Damian in his arms at the end. I also thought Damian was acting incredibly out of character that issue. It started off well, but by the end when he was practically begging his mother to call the Heretic off, it didn't feel like Damian at all. It felt like a cheap ploy for sympathy. The entire issue did. Morrison also eff'd up in that it seemed like Damian knew he was going to die, particularly when he was talking to Dick.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Timandm
@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Timandm said:

WHAT death?!?!? He freaking died? If so, h ow about a MOTHER F(*&$*(g SPOILER WARNING?!?!?! WTF?!?

I think everyone abandoned spoiler warnings after DC officially announced the spoiler a few days early.

Does anyone know why they did that? Was it just so everyone would go out and buy a copy?

I hadn't even heard the announcement...  I sometimes like to read a series ' a few issues' at a time...  So much for the surprise.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Decoy Elite

Damian was awesome, screw the haters.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eternal19

Damian was, is, and allways will be my favorite robin. He wasnt the best robin, but he still was a good robin and taught Bruce and Dick many great lessons.

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By dtschemmel

Tim Drake> Damian

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By End_Boss

@Timandm: If this is how you read your comics, you should avoid internet discussion forums about them. The internet being what it is, you're bound to find a million threads on a million boards all discussing the same thing: current events. If you don't want to give up your forum time, then you just have to accept that you will occasionally be spoiled on things, and that's not the fault of the user who did the spoiling.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By JakeN7

@End_Boss said:

@JakeN7: Well, I can already tell from your aggressive response that we won't agree, but if you really want to know, I thought the pacing was incredibly awkward, the death was unearned and just kind of "happened," and Batman's arrival just seconds after he might have made a difference after leaping from a rooftop to conveniently land at the scene seemed forced and just an excuse to have him holding Damian in his arms at the end. I also thought Damian was acting incredibly out of character that issue. It started off well, but by the end when he was practically begging his mother to call the Heretic off, it didn't feel like Damian at all. It felt like a cheap ploy for sympathy. The entire issue did. Morrison also eff'd up in that it seemed like Damian knew he was going to die, particularly when he was talking to Dick.

I wouldn't say my response was aggressive, per se. More like taken aback or baffled.

Anyways, you're right, we don't agree. I feel like you're nitpicking, and your viewpoint seems like it would have been different if you didn't already know what was going to happen. It's almost as if you're hyper-analyzing every panel. I guess we'll never truly know how we would've felt about the issue if the ending wasn't expected, so we can really only judge it for what it is. Having said that, knowing the ending seemed to increase my enjoyment for the issue. It made me connect with Damian on a more emotional level knowing that whatever he said would be his last words, and it also made me appreciate Dick and Damian's reflection upon their relationship that much more. I also don't think Damian was acting out of character at all. He was genuinely scared. He knew that the Heretic was just a bigger, more ruthless version of himself. He saw how easily the Heretic was able to defeat his father, one-shot his mentor, and kill Knight as well. It also didn't seem to me like he was begging his mother to call the Heretic off, to me it looked like Damian was asking Talia to stop all the fighting and needless killing. He wanted his mother to "Stop. Fighting. Father!" It was the classic case of a child caught up in his parent's turmoil taken to the extreme. You also need to ask yourself what would've been more cliche: Bruce escaping just in the nick of time to save his son, or getting there just as he was killed? In your eyes either one would've felt forced, and I know that I (as well as many others) would've been pretty underwhelmed if Damian just died and that was the end of the issue. It was powerful stuff to see Bruce's raw reaction, and it was a great homage to Jason's death. As for Damian's possible knowledge of his death: who knows? That isn't what I took away from it but if that was the case, then that's all the more reason for him to be scared. It justifies him asking Alfred to take care of his animals and saying a pseudo-goodbye to Dick

Anyhoo, even though I hate seeing one of my favorite characters die, I thought it was an excellent issue.

gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gridde

@End_Boss said:

Wasn't that the point? Didn't Talia actually explain that the scenario was rigged so Batman would arrive specifically at that moment?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Gambit1024

What makes a good Robin?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By End_Boss

@gridde: Nowhere that I recall reading.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By comicace3

@Gambit1024 said:

What makes a good Robin?

Hmmm maybe you should make a forum about that. Seem like a very good question.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Timandm
@End_Boss said:

@Timandm: If this is how you read your comics, you should avoid internet discussion forums about them. The internet being what it is, you're bound to find a million threads on a million boards all discussing the same thing: current events. If you don't want to give up your forum time, then you just have to accept that you will occasionally be spoiled on things, and that's not the fault of the user who did the spoiling.

So... you're saying all the ops in here are wrong and that the rules here in comic vine should NOT be followed?  Just to be clear that IS what you're saying, isn't it? 
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By End_Boss

@Timandm: Nope. Not at all. Just stating some common sense with regards to using the internet and particularly special interest discussion forums.

No need to be a dick.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Timandm
@End_Boss said:

@Timandm: Nope. Not at all. Just stating some common sense with regards to using the internet and particularly special interest discussion forums.

No need to be a dick.

It is SO true that there is no need to be a dick.  You should take you're own advice.
You've obviously HEARD of spoiler alerts yet you're suggesting that they should NOT be used for "current events.'   Now, this begs the question, just what in the frak SHOULD they be used for?  OLD events?  
This is comic vine and Spoiler Alert warnings are not only used but stringently suggested.

Now, it is one thing to fail to use a spoiler alert WITHIN a post, but for the TITLE OF THE POST to contain a spoiler is far worse!   One should be able to peruse the titles of the threads without seeing "BTW DAMIAN DIED"  At the very least, poster can be considerate enough not to do something THAT stupid,. 
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Timandm
@comicace3: Still haven't heard back from you.  What the hell is your freaking problem?!?!?
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By End_Boss

@Timandm: You need more things going on in your life.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Timandm
@End_Boss said:

@Timandm: You need more things going on in your life.

and less asshats breaking the rules.
Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By Suprman

Damian was a different kind of Robin. There have been multiple Robins and I like to think that each one brought something different to the role. Dick was the model sidekick, Jason was the angry rebel, Tim was the Protege, Carrie Kelly was the ray of hope and Damian was well Damian. He showed a great ability to learn and grow. What I liked most about him though was that in the end he showed he that he was so much more than what he was originally meant to be. He was definitely a Good Robin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3 said:

Good Robin - No, but he was on his way to becoming one

Like Him - It was a different and interesting take on the role

Honorable Death - If he had to die, it was a fitting way

Resurrection - Sooner or later

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By wessaari

Not my favorite Robin, and I didn't really like him as a character. He was brash, rude, cocky, and disrespectful, and even disrespectful to what Robin was. But I know he was progressed and I cant ignore that, and I admire that. He is a 10 year old kid, and he had that superb mentality that I hate in children. He had a killing problem and I have a huge problem with how Bruce became a hypocrite to that, and gave Damian special treatment over the other past Robins. It annoys me that he ignored his son's problems for so long and I hate that he is known for that. But what I saw in the last few months of his life, was that he had grown up and he was trying to be better. It kills him that he is the way he is, and I finally understand where he is coming from. He was just more open about how he wanted to be regarded as the "best" Robin, not because of his attitude or the fact that he killed people, but by the way he was changing and becoming a hero. I strongly admire his growth, and how he struggled with that. In my mind, he went out a hero, but he also went out tragically. He died calling to his mother and father to stop the fighting, and that goes to Morrison's history and method of bringing his life with divorced parents. I dont particularly like Morrison, but I respect him to the nth degree. He made Damian so relatable, and Tomasi made his last issues in B&R show Damian's true growth as a character. He wasn't my favorite character, or Robin for that matter, and I think if he were older I would like him so much more. In the end, I am sad that he died, because he is a child, but he was more than that. In my mind, he was finally a hero, and its sad to see the kid go. As for his ressurection, I really think that for a death like this, he should stay dead for a while. I honestly would like to see him back, and if he were resurrected, I hope he would be older, like as a teenager. But it needs to be done right, and Bruce is going to need time to grieve, and actually let the death sink in for a time. A few years wouldn't be a bad idea, but it needs to be a few years til we see him again

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

He's actually my favorite Robin.

atonemented

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By atonemented

He's my least favorite....his personality was okay but I didn't care for him as a Robin. His story would have been more interesting if he stopped being Robin and went back to Talia when Dick stopped being Batman. Tim Drake is my favorite since he was the best detective, physically proficient, independent, and was also really able to gain Bruce's trust.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By comicace3

@Timandm said:

@comicace3: Still haven't heard back from you. What the hell is your freaking problem?!?!?

Haha, calm down. That's what the forum's are all about. spoilers are everywhere! Especially in this website. The moment I found out Damian died was on the first page of comic-vine. So don't blame me you should've found out a long time ago. No need to be rude, just... chill. And if you want me to, next time I will write spoiler on my title. lol.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By comicace3

@wessaari: Bravo.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By Hazlenaut

He was interesting new twist on the robin. He was an arrogant brat that showed that he had a long way to go to match with the other robins. He would fit in the Marvel Universe. He and Dick felt like a throw back to classic Batman comics with robin that was jerk. He helped to put step forward in Batman.

He felt like the worst batman fanboy. You know I would like how he would react with Batmite.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I think he was a good Robin. He did his duty and did it well. I may not have really liked the character but that is something I can't deny..

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By TDK_1997

Yes he was and he became my favorite Robin.He went through the road of good characters and succeeded.He was amazing and I love the fact that Morrison introduced him to us.