• 44 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Oh yes, it's time to celebrate our latest Character of the Month! He's already defeated his first challenger in the Battle of the Week, and now it's time to praise some of the little dude's excellent covers! Now, we obviously won't have everyone's top picks in here, so if your favorite one isn't below, go ahead and give it some love by posting it in the comments. Tell the world who made it and why you think it's awesome, too. Alright, let's give your eyes a good time and show 'em some memorable covers!

*Yes, this article does reveal whether Damian Wayne will return from the dead or if another character will replace him as Robin. Leave now if you don't want that spoiled!*

BATMAN AND ROBIN #1 (2009)

No Caption Provided

Many other heroes find Damian's personality to be... well, let's just be kind and say off-putting. However, there's one character he's bonded with a whole lot and even considers to be a good friend: Dick Grayson. When Batman "died," the original Robin stepped up and became the Dark Knight. Damian joined his side and, thanks to Grant Morrison's writing and several artists, the two heroes went on a memorable adventure (Bat-Cow!). However, it all began with Frank Quitely's cover and, with just one look at the characters, you could tell this was going to be a totally different dynamic duo.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #10 (2011)

No Caption Provided

We're not sure if you've heard by now, but Bruce Wayne's son has just a wee bit of an ego and this has made him clash with his fellow Bat-family members quite a few times. We all remember the hilarious yet harsh encounter he had with Tim Drake when he was taken to the Batcave, yeah? In the latest volume of BATMAN AND ROBIN, he attempted to prove he's the best Robin. War of the Robins didn't go on for very long, but watching how Damian tried to get the better of his allies was good fun and Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray and John Kalisz' cover was the perfect way to get us excited for this story.

TEEN TITANS #89 (2003)

No Caption Provided

Damian Wayne leading a team? Yeah, that's sure going to go well! Luckily for the Teen Titans, Damian isn't in charge, he's just sent there so he can learn to improve his social skills and bond with more heroes. In the end, he only gains a bit of respect for Ravager, but Damian certainly thought he was in charge and this cover does a hilarious job capturing his ego. Nicola Scott, Doug Hazlewood and Jason Wright's cover also does an amusing job presenting how the team reacts to their latest member. You can't really blame them for looking shocked and dissatisfied if the latest addition to their roster immediately begins to take charge and insult everyone, can you?

BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM #11

No Caption Provided

So many covers focus on Damian's strong personality, are overflowing with darkness, or capture an intense moment. But sometimes the good guys simply looking stoic can go a long way and leave quite an impression. That's exactly what Dustin Nguyen's cover accomplishes. You can image Batman's cape flowing in the wind and Damian's head slowly moving as he scans the city. This image would make a mighty fine statue, wouldn't it?

BATMAN AND ROBIN #38 (2011)

No Caption Provided

Damian's confidence knows no bounds. He's only ten years-old but, thanks to his extensive training and brilliant mind, he has an ego the size of the Anti-Monitor. Damian thought he was invincible and sadly, the Heretic proved otherwise. Watching Batman deal with the loss of his son was heartbreaking, but now we know Damian is coming back! Not only will he return to the land of the living, but he'll have super powers, too! That's right, he's basically going to become the "boy of steel" and this cover does a terrific job saying everything you need to know about Damian's personality and just how much fun he'll have with boosted physicals. While Superman may look determined and focused as bullets bounce off his chest, Damian looks like he's loving every second of it. He's just so smug and lovable. Man, seeing him with powers is going to be a blast, isn't it?

BATMAN #666

No Caption Provided

The future isn't the nicest place around and it's only fitting its version of Batman would need to adapt to the terror and violence. Except this isn't an older Bruce Wayne in the costume... it's Damian! Andy Kubert's cover gives us our first taste of grown up Damian Wayne as Batman and immediately shows you that no matter how terrible the situation in Gotham may be, Batman will rise above it. An unforgettable story requires an unforgettable cover and this is one that will absolutely hold a spot in your memory.

BATMAN INCORPORATED #8 (2012)

No Caption Provided

We all knew Damian Wayne was going to die (it was officially announced before the comic was released), yet Chris Burnham and Nathan Fairbairn still hits you in the gut with the development. You may not know how Batman's son meets his end and you may not even care, but this cover does a terrific job striking you with the tragedy that'll occur within the issue. There's no background here or anything to take your eyes away from the point that Robin is going to die. From heavily shading the character to using his icon as the "R" in R.I.P., the cover for BATMAN INCORPORATED #8 is a powerful one.

BATMAN AND ROBIN ANNUAL #1

No Caption Provided

Who doesn't love a blatant nod to BATMAN #666? Once again illustrated by Andy Kubert (and colored by Brad Anderson), this cover teases Damian's future as Batman and puts a bit of a spin on it by showing just how happy the young guy is to be wearing the outfit. He isn't especially dark, being riddled with bullets and snapping necks just yet; he looks up to his father and relishes the chance to wear a similar costume and hit the streets. And, if you've read the issue, that's sure to further boost your appreciation for the cover. It's an amazingly heartfelt and entertaining story, so go check it out and then enjoy gazing at the cover all over again.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #39 (2011)

No Caption Provided

ACTION COMICS #1 has been the inspiration for a lot of covers over the years, but no one can say they'd ever expect to see it used for Damian! Now that the brash kid has superpowers, the art team behind BATMAN AND ROBIN is going to humorously tease just how the physical upgrade will impact the dynamic he has with his father. You can't help but love how annoyed and confused Batman appears to be ("Okay, HOW do I stop my son?!") and Titus noticing the food is adorable. You can imagine he'll run over and begin to eat as much as possible in the next second as Bruce screams and attempts to reprimand his powerful son.

SUPERMAN/BATMAN #77

No Caption Provided

Alé Garza, Oliver Nome and Hi-Fi Design's cover perfectly sums up just who Damian is. With his arms folded, shoulders back and a smirk on his face, you can tell he's just overflowing with confidence. And Supergirl's expression? Well, that perfectly sums up just how much he can annoy other heroes! Damian has a history of bugging his allies (Stephanie Brown and Beast Boy immediately come to mind) and you can tell it's taking all of Supergirl's restraint not to retaliate. If you love Damian Wayne -- which hopefully applies to most of you since you've made it this far -- this cover should fill you with happiness and make you smile. And if you've read the issue (if not, go do it and enjoy the laughs), it's likely going to make you think about all of his hilarious comments, too. "Now scan, alien." It's a nice reminder of his blunt and often abrasive personality.

What's YOUR favorite Damian Wayne cover? Post it below!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

That Streets of Gotham cover...

No Caption Provided

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think i know where Damian is looking)

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

love the Batman and Robin yellow cover. sooo good

genekellypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so proud of this boy :')))

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Black_Arrow
No Caption Provided

This one is my personal favorite. Damian trying to protect the last piece of Gotham that It is left.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheDandyMan

All very good covers. For me, a favourite has got to be Batman and Robin 8:

No Caption Provided

I think it pictures Bruce's love for his son very well and the fact that, although he enjoys being independent, Damian does need that bond between him and his father.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I don't like too many of these.

The Streets of Gotham one looks awesome though, and the Batman 666 covers are nice.

The rest are kind of...bleh.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@scouterv said:

Honestly, I don't like too many of these.

The Streets of Gotham one looks awesome though, and the Batman 666 covers are nice.

The rest are kind of...bleh.

What are some of your favorites?

@xwraith said:

That Streets of Gotham cover...

No Caption Provided

They need to turn that (the cover, not the character in your gif!) into a statue.

@thedandyman Great choice! I think that one made it into Batman's Best Covers.

Manhunter2070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

His legs are way too long in that Superman/Batman #77 cover

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

I like the cover with Supergirl, especially given his crush on her.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By TheDandyMan

@k4tzm4n: Ah right, it's certainly a cracker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Issue one of Morrison's Batman and Robin is my favorite.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#14  Edited By CrazyScarecrow
Husk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like em alll.

Except I hate that issue 38 cover.

Ugh...

Is he a robot? why are there bolts flying from him?

PS (yes I realize they are SUPPOSED TO BE smashed bullets... but those are clearly NOT bullets.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Mrnoital

my favorite has to be from Batman Vs Robin

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

All awesome covers!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Burnham is great,

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I love that Teen Titans cover even though the issue wasn't all that great. Damian on the Titans could have been brilliant but it wasn't executed all that well.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Would it be too off-topic for me to say that Kara looks positively yummy in that last one?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Everything about Damian with the Titans was unbearable.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ScouterV
No Caption Provided

@k4tzm4n:Hope you didn't think I was being condescending or anything by the way, but these covers I think are all pretty solid. With this said, it's kind of surprising Robin hasn't had a solo with Damian leading, but I think it's something we could see in 2015.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Batman and Robin 10 is one of my favorite covers in the past five years

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian is the shiz and those covers show it

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dick Grayson , Tim Drake and Damian Wayne is great as Robin. The only fail Robin is Jason Todd

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Dick Grayson , Tim Drake and Damian Wayne is great as Robin. The only fail Robin is Jason Todd

But he's the best one when it comes to after they graduet from being Robins.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@scouterv: Nah, I just wanted to encourage you to share the ones you love -- get some variety in here! Also, very good picks.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh don't like Damien, covers are cool though

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@crazyscarecrow: That Titans one was my phone wallpaper for months. When he says something like "Robin always leads the Titans" I can't remember the actual line.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I like all of these covers, and the ones posted in the comments. I honestly don't think I can even choose a favorite.

By golly Kara's skirt is short on that cover though!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great picks.

Tomdercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a litte confuse, are we in the year 2011?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@tomdercat said:

I'm a litte confuse, are we in the year 2011?

The dates represent when the volumes began and that seemed needed for TEEN TITANS, BATMAN INC and BATMAN AND ROBIN since there's more than one. Thought it was obvious enough that BATMAN #666 is from the first run and not the New 52, so didn't bother with that one.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By Saint_Sophie

The Teen Titans and Superman/Batman are my favourites..

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n BATMAN AND ROBIN #39 (2011)

Damian was resurrected in 2011?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 k4tzm4n  Moderator

The year represents when that volume began, not when the issue was released.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
@comicstooge said:

The year represents when that volume began, not when the issue was released.

Ohhhh, understood.