Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Well atleast in AvX what he did to Emma was just mean(in AvX round 11).

SPOILER kinda

I think emma should have won the fight. I mean she has more experience being phoenix; very little but still experience. Where as Scott has none at all he is not even a telepath WTF? I always thought Emma was the strongest of the five since she has experience and she is a telepath. I guess was wrong though they didnt even fight she just went down lameness -.-.

So my questions are, What do you think of Cyclops since AvX 11 and what do you want to see happen to him?

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By soduh2

I STILL support Cyclops, in this event.

I think that from the beginning the Avengers brought all of this on themselves.

I think Cyclops beat Emma because the fight was taking place in his mind, a home court advantage of sorts. Otherwise Emma (and Magick) were more dangerous as hosts overall.

I'm sure he'll probably be vilified when this event is over and everyone will worship Wolverine.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

You must have not read UXM 18 yet. It helps put things in perspective of why he did what he did.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

I hate everyone in AvX.

And Cyclops is an awesome character and my personal favorite X-Man. Don't let this craptastic event discourage you. Of all the Marvels, he's been written the worst, especially in the last few years.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Madame_Mist

You got to notice how Emma seems always associated when a Phoenix is been driven mad lol. But the given fact is that Emma is just not an adequate Phoenix host. Any time she comes into contact with a Phoenix host she gets her butt kicked, by Jean and Scott for example.

Scott manage to keep a steady head but with what Emma did and with basically no support, Scott just lost it and went mad.

There's a number of contributing factors but the gist is the Phoenix can be used as a force for good as long as it doesn't get pissed off.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

@soduh2 said:

dm_jlifan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dm_jlifan

Read Uncanny X-Men 18. On a side note f$%# AvX, Scott/Emma forever! I feel like I need a support group or something.

grenade728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By grenade728

@BlackArmor said:

@soduh2 said:

This^^ I am a very loyal mutant.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#10  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Everyone sucks in Avengers vs Xmen, even my favorite characters.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@oviouslyjeangrey: Don't you mean you hate the writers?
Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've sided with the Avengers all through the fight, but Cyclops had a reason to go to extremes. His species is on the brink of extinction due to Scarlet Witch (don't like her as a character mostly) and he believes the Phoenix Force can do good as it is an avatar of rebirth aswell as destruction. He was only corrupted because Emma, Namor, Magik and Colossus aren't the proper hosts. Hope is. If Iron Man hadn't of Hadouken'd the Cosmic-Bird with his Phoenix-Buster Repulsor maybe a peaceful conclusion could've occurred. In saying this Iron Man did what he thought was right, the Phoenix Force is a big risk for Earth (6 Billion Lives on the off chance that the Phoenix's host didn't go rogue). Cyclops is a brilliant character but the Phoenix force changes people e.g. Namor, Magik, Colossus,Emma Frost, Cycclops and ofcourse Jean Grey.

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still support Cyclops. He had the right idea, but as the old adage goes "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Twentyfive

The first X-Men related anything that I was exposed to was the 90's cartoon. Since then, he has been my favorite X-Man. But over the years, my adoration of the character has eroded drastically. He's not even my top 5 X-Man. I want to kick him in the throat lol.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15  Edited By x_29

Team Nightclops!

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Well I still think he is a Jerk. I mean you dont see other mutans almost killing the woman they "love" for more power.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheCrowbar

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Well I still think he is a Jerk. I mean you dont see other mutans almost killing the woman they "love" for more power.

He didn't "almost kill" her, he took the power he needed from her.

Also Emma helped cause this mess, egging Namor on to attack Wakanda. Enslaving other mutants. The fact that Cyclops didn't do it sooner is astounding.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

You must have not read UXM 18 or forgotten the you know, whole thing about all of them being corrupted.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By fodigg

I still like Cyclops, he just wasn't prepared for the Phoenix Force. The only thing Cyclops ever did that made me really dislike the character was when he abandoned his wife the second Jean came back and they basically kidnapped baby Cable from her. I've been waiting for years for them to explain that as Mr. Sinister's brainwashing taking hold (since he meddled with Scott's mind as a child and maneuvered them together for breeding purposes), but so far it's just quietly ignored by most creators.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Blood1991

I can't dislike Scott. I am not happy with the direction his character has gone in since Messiah Complex, but he has alot of depth now and is an intresting character whether you like him or not.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By One_Eye

I still support the First X-Man. I don't care how Marvel tries to retcon everything by saying that Wolverine inspired Professor X or whatever. I hate this AvX event the writers than I do the characters involved.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Osian2

He made the smart decision to take her power from her she was clearly losing control. Also he did exactly what the Avengers/X-men were trying to do in that he defeated her so they can't say anything. The only person who can hold a grudge against him is Emma and even she started to realize she was losing it (also telling him about Namor during the middle of the battle wasn't smart).

He's become Dark Phoenix as a result of constantly being hounded by the Avengers. The only crime he committed was the murder of Xavier and this was after Red Hulk tried to assassinate him, the Avengers invaded his home and left with Hope to find a way to kill him, Xavier tried to shut his mind down, Hawkeye shot an arrow into his neck and all his teammates (the x-men) betrayed him and tried to kill him. If there was ever a case of self defence this is it, he even warned Xavier several times to stop or he would force him to do something he didn't want to do.

Also if Scott became "Dark Phoenix" after killing Xavier in issue 11 doesn't that mean he wasn't evil up until that point? The Avengers have been poking a sleeping Bear and now that that Bear has fought back they're acting all surprised.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol. Emma Frost was and still is a non-factor. Like she was doing anything of worth with her time.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By acer51

Cyclops was a fool, he made the wrong choices, but he was trying to help everyone, he actually held out against the corruption of the phoniex more then anyone, while Emma was wanting to destroy the world Cyclops still held his ground as a good person, still he was a fool and even he couldn't handle the entire phoniex at once.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By acer51

@Osian2: How about declaring himself supreme authority over the entire world, forcing evreyone to recognize the x-men as the rulers of the world?

No Cyclops is not blameless in this, he will still need be held accountable for his actions, however Avengers are not to blame either, there lack of diplomacy in this matter is disturbing.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

I guess I forget that they are corrupted but they dont really act like they are. I mean they look like they are in complete control.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Osian2

@acer51 said:

@Osian2: How about declaring himself supreme authority over the entire world, forcing evreyone to recognize the x-men as the rulers of the world?

No Cyclops is not blameless in this, he will still need be held accountable for his actions, however Avengers are not to blame either, there lack of diplomacy in this matter is disturbing.

Other than outlawing war and the production of weapons it hasn't been shown that the P5 had authority over anything. They didn't make themselves the rulers of America or any other country they didn't make any government change their way of ruling and no government had to answer to the P5.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By evilvegeta74

The Phoenix Force has been dealt with by the Xmen many times. The Avengers were never involved in their affairs when it came to the Phoenix in the past, who told them it was okay to get involved in Xmen affairs. Why now? Scott did what he had to do !

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By acer51

@Osian2: Officaly they declared themselves the rulers of the world, they had the authority because they ruled the world, they ruled the world because they took it over.

They did good but they still took over the world, Black Panther says himself his nation would be in trouble if it was known they didn't support the Phoniex.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheCrowbar

@acer51: While true, they didn't interfere with the world, it was more a declaration of power than anything.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Osian2

@acer51 said:

@Osian2: Officaly they declared themselves the rulers of the world, they had the authority because they ruled the world, they ruled the world because they took it over.

They did good but they still took over the world, Black Panther says himself his nation would be in trouble if it was known they didn't support the Phoniex.

They didn't declare themselves the rulers of the world at all. Iron man almost says that they did and Black Panther corrects him. They didn't take over the world unless I missed the issue where they overthrew the governments of the world. Like I said other than outlawing war they didn't exert their authority over anyone.

As a head of state T'challa said he couldn't go on the mission because Wakanda didn't support the mission. For all we know the people of Wakanda were in favour of the P5 (pre-namor obviously). After all a lot of refugees were leaving Wakanda to return to their homes in Sudan thanks to the P5

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By photowill404

Cyclops is my favorite X-Man and Im going to try and keep this as unbiased as possible. There used to be MILLIONS of mutants and thanks to Scarlett Witch (An Avenger who wasn't possessed by a cosmic entity but just was pissed or having a bad or whatever) there are less than 200 left. Which superhero stepped up to help the X-Man combat this genocide. Don't worry I'll wait. There were no Avengers, no Fanastic Four, no anyone. With all the Mutants scattered and in a state of chaos Cyclops and the X-Man became the face of all mutandom. When their existence was threatened by outside forces (The Dark Avengers, Bastion, and others) hard choices had to be made. No other mutant stepped up to make those choices. Not Storm, not Wolverine, not even Xavier. It was Cyclops. Without Cyclops' leadership the mutants would have no doubt been wiped off the face of the Earth. Then comes this business with the Avengers which really started in the Avengers Children's Crusade in which Cyclops wanted Scarlet Witch to answer for her crimes against Mutants, and oh look the Avengers say no she can't be held accountable for that because she wasn't in her right mind. Yet these are the same people trying to persecute Cyclops who is possessed by the Phoenix Force, even though he hasn't done anything evil. Unless you count ending wars, feeding the hungry, providing sustainable energy to the world evil. Even when he was provoked by the Avengers it wasn't until Red Hulk tried to kill him that he turned up his pursuit of them up a notch. And as far as what he did to Emma, look at it this way, his lover who he loves and has been with for years has just confessed to having an affair (albeit a mental one, but when you're a phoenix it might as well be real) so he felt betrayed by her and then couple that with the fact that everyone has turned against him he fell to the way side a little bit. However even in all this he still has not done anything evil. this is all just a ploy by the writers and editors to make every Avengers. my opinion.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By acer51

@Osian2: You probably did they declare themselves rulers at the U.N.

@TheCrowbar: Yea, but I don't think it was unnecessary, they didn't need to do that.

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mfundo

After what he did I officially feel nothing for him. He crossed a line all for power and destruction and he expects people to accept it? Well Iron Man, Hope and Scarlet Witch are going to be sure he's taken down.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By slimlim

@photowill404 said:

Cyclops is my favorite X-Man and Im going to try and keep this as unbiased as possible. There used to be MILLIONS of mutants and thanks to Scarlett Witch (An Avenger who wasn't possessed by a cosmic entity but just was pissed or having a bad or whatever) there are less than 200 left. Which superhero stepped up to help the X-Man combat this genocide. Don't worry I'll wait. There were no Avengers, no Fanastic Four, no anyone. With all the Mutants scattered and in a state of chaos Cyclops and the X-Man became the face of all mutandom. When their existence was threatened by outside forces (The Dark Avengers, Bastion, and others) hard choices had to be made. No other mutant stepped up to make those choices. Not Storm, not Wolverine, not even Xavier. It was Cyclops. Without Cyclops' leadership the mutants would have no doubt been wiped off the face of the Earth. Then comes this business with the Avengers which really started in the Avengers Children's Crusade in which Cyclops wanted Scarlet Witch to answer for her crimes against Mutants, and oh look the Avengers say no she can't be held accountable for that because she wasn't in her right mind. Yet these are the same people trying to persecute Cyclops who is possessed by the Phoenix Force, even though he hasn't done anything evil. Unless you count ending wars, feeding the hungry, providing sustainable energy to the world evil. Even when he was provoked by the Avengers it wasn't until Red Hulk tried to kill him that he turned up his pursuit of them up a notch. And as far as what he did to Emma, look at it this way, his lover who he loves and has been with for years has just confessed to having an affair (albeit a mental one, but when you're a phoenix it might as well be real) so he felt betrayed by her and then couple that with the fact that everyone has turned against him he fell to the way side a little bit. However even in all this he still has not done anything evil. this is all just a ploy by the writers and editors to make every Avengers. my opinion.

im with you 100%

and captain america is a douche with double standards.

and it seems from MARVEL NOW promos, what Cap meant by her being brought to justice one day is... a starring role in his Uncanny Avengers.

Will Cyke be afforded the same "courtesy" shld he survive AvX?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@oviouslyjeangrey: flawed people. thats why they shouldnt have had access to the PF to begin with.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Osian2

@acer51 said:

@Osian2: You probably did they declare themselves rulers at the U.N.

@TheCrowbar: Yea, but I don't think it was unnecessary, they didn't need to do that.

No they didn't declare themselves anything. Black Panther says so himself "I was there Anthony. I heard the words as they were being spoken. They didn't declare themselves anything...they gave the nations an ultimatum."

The only authority that the P5 showed was outlawing war. They didn't reform governments or conquer countries,

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Aero_gt

I love cyclops, but I really hate how they are writting him in AVX just to knock him down and buff up their precious Avengers. I don't care for Xavier anymore since Scott and pretty much every original member out grew him, but Killing him was wrong, this event needs to end fast.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Aero_gt: I'd rather Xavier be dead than any of the other major characters. It was a smart decision as far as the event goes on Marvel's part.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Aero_gt

@god_spawn: Yeah, but when he did it that basically set him in stone as a badguy and nothing he can do will dismiss that.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#41  Edited By DATNIGGA

@photowill404 said:

There is so much win in this post... I agree with you 10,000%

aaunderoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By aaunderoath

Just throwing it out there that the Scarlet Witch the Ex-Terrorist killed Hawkeye, Vision, and Scott Lang AND took down the entire mutant population .. apparently that's just "whatever she wasn't herself so it's cool"

Cyclops unites mutants and works tirelessly to shift the view of mutants into a positive light with no help from anyone but because he isn't a care bear and had to make hard decisions that were less than popular ones he's seen as a jerk. Then his son attacks the Avengers but when he shows up who does he help? the Avengers .. still seen as a jerk. He gains omnipotent power and uses it solve all major issues of the world, seen as evil. Now he kills Xavier and all of a sudden he's completely a villain. So I'm expecting him to really get shafted after all this, my only hope is since Gillen is writing the fall out mini he'll be handled better than he has during this entire event.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Deranged Midget

Scott isn't the one to blame.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By acer51

@Osian2: Kay maybe your right they were still corrupted by the force though.

What issue was it I'd like to read that.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Osian2

@acer51:AVX issue 6

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By icec0ld

Scott has done nothing but make the world a better place and he is the only one not to be corrupet by the Pheonix. He overcame its influence and the only reason it eventually took him over was because he had to let it because the Avengers tried to kill him. This whole series makes no sense at all, why have the Avengers as the good guys only to have them cause every bad occurance in the story arc.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BatteredArmor

@photowill404 said:

Well said

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@Osian2: I guess I never saw it that way.

Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cytorrak

@fodigg said:

I still like Cyclops, he just wasn't prepared for the Phoenix Force. The only thing Cyclops ever did that made me really dislike the character was when he abandoned his wife the second Jean came back and they basically kidnapped baby Cable from her. I've been waiting for years for them to explain that as Mr. Sinister's brainwashing taking hold (since he meddled with Scott's mind as a child and maneuvered them together for breeding purposes), but so far it's just quietly ignored by most creators.

That was explained as being due to Sinister's brainwashing. I don't have the scans on me, but they say it immediately after the battle where he defeats Sinister. One of the other X-Men gives a line along the lines of "I knew you'd never do something like that if not for brainwashing!" Maddie has subsequently stated numerous times that she never loved him, their entire relationship was a combination of programming and Maddie manipulating him with her psychic abilities without his knowledge. That's all a retcon, but it's the explanation they gave.

From that perspective, his actions make perfect sense. You wake up essentially a rape victim forced into a relationship you never wanted.

Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cytorrak

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Well atleast in AvX what he did to Emma was just mean(in AvX round 11).

SPOILER kinda

I think emma should have won the fight. I mean she has more experience being phoenix; very little but still experience. Where as Scott has none at all he is not even a telepath WTF? I always thought Emma was the strongest of the five since she has experience and she is a telepath. I guess was wrong though they didnt even fight she just went down lameness -.-.

So my questions are, What do you think of Cyclops since AvX 11 and what do you want to see happen to him?

I know there's a bit of hypocrisy since they did the same thing to start their relationship, but I kind of think Emma wanted him to do that. He was enraged because she'd just told him she'd cheated on him with Namor, and the way she phrased it stated while it started as a psychic affair, it quickly became physical.

Also, Emma's psychic defenses are actually weaker than Scott's, he's just had to deal with more psychic assaults over the years. The best example of this is The Void. Emma tried to contain it in her mind, but couldn't. Scott entered her mind, and put it in a box in his mind, and that was that. He contained it despite not being psychic.

The sad thing here is, Scott's the only member of the 5 that didn't become corrupted. Three were former villains and Colossus was under the influence of Cyttorak, so their corruption made sense. Cyclops meanwhile was still using his powers to fly around trying to fix everything on Earth. The power he got from the others was already corrupted. 4/5ths of his power was corrupt as he got it.