#1 Posted by Cobalion (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Cyclops hold an an ongoing?

If so would you buy it?

#2 Posted by ChikenNipplz (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I would definitely put this on my pull list. Slim lead the whole Marvel NOW change and he is an integrable part and should have him own series. I think Dan Slott would be great for the series.

#3 Posted by phisigmatau (529 posts) - - Show Bio

Not anything long term. He's the leader of the X-men. He should be on that team leading it.. if not then the Xtinction team.

#4 Posted by Avenger85 (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he already has an ongoing. It's called Uncanny X-Men :P

#5 Posted by Squalleon (4711 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really.He is my favorite X man but the problem with the X men is that they were created to be a team so a solo title takes away what makes them interesting.
Wolverine is not completely an Xman that's why he can have his own title.

#6 Posted by SoA (5127 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty sure x-men is cyclops' ongoing . all the characters (save for magneto) i do not like all in one book

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind a short miniseries perhaps, but I still prefer him in the X-Men context. I mean being the leader of the X-Men is basically his defining role.

#8 Posted by God_Spawn (38241 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I don't mind a short miniseries perhaps, but I still prefer him in the X-Men context. I mean being the leader of the X-Men is basically his defining role.

And he's had a mini before and I enjoyed it, but I agree with the consensus he isn't meant for a long term deal. I think with the personality he has shown as of late though, he could pull off a decent length story arc.

#9 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure Scott is the type that should have a solo. He's all about leading a team.

#10 Edited by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to read a solo Cyclops ongoing, something like a spy or secret agent kind of thing might work for him.

#11 Posted by JohnnyGat (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

I say give him a mini-series. His place is best suited in a team book but I feel that exploring him from a solo perspective would and could do wonders for him.

#12 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by JohnnyGat (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@johnnygat: How about a Max series?

I do not trust Marvel enough yet to see Scott be given that much attention. A mini-series is nice and small enough to experiment with and create that interest that could translate in me wanting a full on on-going.

#14 Edited by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobalion: saying cyclops is due for his own ongoing

is like saying tim drake is due for his own ongoing yes and no

yes because they both lead a team and pretty much are now there own well set up character

no because

they both already have there ongoing its called teen titans and uncanny x-men

#15 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

No and no I love Cyclops but I feel that him leading his little revelution team is a lot more important a story than him going solo.

I mean Slims biggest asset is his (in my opinion) the best tactical leader in comics and I always feel that any comic that mainly focus on him should push that as his greatest skill and purpose if you catch my drift.

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnygat: I think Marvel is giving him some attention lately, a Max series will suit this new Cyclops more IMO but I'm open to a simple mini series too as long as its good.

@lifeofvibe Tim Drake is nowhere near Cyclops level, and Drake already had a solo ongoing.

@tikhunt Yeah Cyclops is best know for his leadership but its not the only aspect of his character, a solo series can show something other than him being a leader.

#17 Posted by darkbeam (2506 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is my favorite character he deserves a on going

#18 Posted by JetiiMitra (8798 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've seen, everything about Scott from his powers to his personality is about being on a team, and more specifically leading a team. Granted I haven't read much with him in it, but I just don't see how a solo title could work.

#19 Posted by shol (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I always found that the X-Men (including Wolverine) work better as a team rather than solo. So, while I wouldn't want an ongoing I would love a mini focusing on Cyke especially if it was handled by a kick-ass creative team. His short solo story 'Retribution Affair' that was in issues #17-24 of Marvel Comics Presents as well as the decent Icons mini from 2001 and the one-shot from 2011 were all quite enjoyable and fun reads.

#20 Posted by DADDY_XERO (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that a mini would be good. something that would lead to him taking back utopia, or his powers getting amped up.

but i agree that he is also a great leader with a great tactical mind. cyke and batman playing chess would first time chess wasn't boring.

#21 Posted by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Fraction's run was cyclops' ongoing....

#22 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see at least a miniseries, then maybe an ongoing. He's a much better character as a leader

#23 Edited by Toa_Manaia (128 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that a mini would be good. something that would lead to him taking back utopia, or his powers getting amped up.

but i agree that he is also a great leader with a great tactical mind. cyke and batman playing chess would first time chess wasn't boring.

Yup yup and yup to that, Slim is my favorite Marvel character and if a solo ongoing was to be made it would best test out the reception to a mini first...

#24 Edited by slimlim (266 posts) - - Show Bio

How abt a Summers' mini series? Cyclops, Havok, Cable, Rachel, Hope (although she's a Summers in name only). They take my vote as the Marvel universe's most dysfunctional family right now.

#25 Edited by God_Spawn (38241 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimlim: Hope needs to stay away from Cyclops for a long time.

#26 Posted by Wolverine08 (45121 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Slim just fits better as a leader in a team book. That's his niche.

#27 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

mini series yea, a monthly ongoing series no. Uncanny X-men is essentially a Cyclops ongoing and he fits better leading a team.