• 71 results
time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Did Cyclops choose Emma Frost over Jean Grey. A lot people think he did and some people think he didn't. I thought it would be a good idea to have a vote on it. So please vote for one of these:

1. Yes, he did choose Emma over Jean.

2. No, He didn't. Jean force Cyclops to move on with Emma, so they can have future together, so the X-Men could have future.

3. It doesn't really matter, Cyclops is with Emma now, not Jean. When Jean Grey comes back, the answers to this question will be answer and Who Cyclops loves more will be answer?

Whether your fan of Cyclops, Emma or Jean. Please share your views and If your not a fan of any these characters, your more then welcome to share your views as well.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RogueOracle

I'd go with 3. He's with Em. But Jean may have given Scott the nudge, but he didn't make him fall in love with Emma. They did that themselves. They've been committed to each other for years and they were the ones who put in the effort.

IMO, Jean and Scott outgrew each other. If Jean comes back they would be likely to have a very deep and meaningful friendship as both have moved on from one another. He would love Jean, just not be in love with her like he is with Emma. Jean and Scott have a lot of history together so it is inevitable that they care about each other in some shape of form. His heart is with Emma now.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@RogueOracle said:

I'd go with 3. He's with Em. But Jean may have given Scott the nudge, but he didn't make him fall in love with Emma. They did that themselves. They've been committed to each other for years and they were the ones who put in the effort.

IMO, Jean and Scott outgrew each other. If Jean comes back they would be likely to have a very deep and meaningful friendship as both have moved on from one another. He would love Jean, just not be in love with her like he is with Emma. Jean and Scott have a lot of history together so it is inevitable that they care about each other in some shape of form. His heart is with Emma now.

I can agree with this.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Whether they are now in love with one another or not is not the point. Cyke's initial choice was not to be with Emma, until Jean changed that choice during Here Comes Tomorrow. Saying "she forced him" per the OP is harsh, but there's no way around it. The relationship as we know it would not have existed if not for Jean.
BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Morpheus_: Yes, we can go around it cause the word forced is a bit excessive. Jean was the start and cause of it but Jean didn't force them against their will which is what I'm taking it as. . She didn't screw with their minds and rewire their brains so they would be together. I'm agreeing more with the sentiment of Rogue Oracle's statement than the answer 3 itself, Jean did give them the necessary nudge but it developed on it's own.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@god_spawn: It might be excessive (it is why I singled it out), but even though the attraction between Scott and Emma was there, Jean did more than just nudge Scott into her arms. Without Jean's intervention, they would had never been together at all. That would had been Scott's actual choice, and the plot makes it straightforward. I'm not arguing if they eventually developed a deep connection that eventually blossomed into love or anything else of that kind. Just that Scott's choice was indeed overwritten by Jean.
Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#10  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@god_spawn said:

@RogueOracle said:

I can agree with this.

Same.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Morpheus_: It is excessive, there is no might to it cause Jean didn't force them. I agree with what you are saying. They wouldn't have coupled if it weren't for Jean but there is a better way to put than saying Jean forced them which is why I'm not agreeing with saying 2, I'm not really agreeing with any of the choices here.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@god_spawn: I said might, because in effect, no matter how big or small, it indeed is a violation of Scott's will. He chose something, and Jean made him change his mind and choose something different afterwards. It is the deciding factor that ignited his relationship with Emma, in spite of anything else that followed.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Morpheus_: You know what? I can see where you are coming from so I can agree with what you were saying. I was just being nitpicky with words.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Trying to quantify the insanity that is Scott Summers relationship history? You must hate yourself.

- The writers have taken this in so many strange directions, with much of the reasoning ambiguous, I'm not even venturing a guess at this point

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Morpheus_ said:

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Mercy_

To be completely honest, it was never established who he had chosen, simply that he had chosen somebody. It was the issue that Jean dies in, IIRC, Emma's going off on him about something and he simply tells her that he made his choice. It's up for debate as to who it was, I personally think it's Emma, but it's not like I don't have a bias

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mr Marvel82

@Mercy_ said:

To be completely honest, it was never established who he had chosen, simply that he had chosen somebody. It was the issue that Jean dies in, IIRC, Emma's going off on him about something and he simply tells her that he made his choice. It's up for debate as to who it was, I personally think it's Emma, but it's not like I don't have a bias

A few issues later in New X-men, when Jean dies in Scott's arms she (or rather, the Phoenix) tells him to "Live." Here Comes tomorrow shows us a future where Scott didn't "Live." He didn't commit to Emma or the X-men, and gave up after Jean died. At the end of the story, Jean fixes this reality, by 'watering it with her heart's blood' or something of that effect. It's at that moment that Jean takes away the guilt/ restraint that Scott felt for his relationship with Emma. And he "Lives" on, allowing himself to fall in love with Emma and continue his work with the X-men.

I'm not sure that Jean was completely over Scott. But for her to fulfill her purpose as Phoenix, she needed to let him go. (I think that's why the Phoenix comes back in Endsong... Some part of it/Jean wasn't able to let go completely.)

I personally would like to see them get back together (because I'm a sentimental softy *ahem*) But unless Scott does some serious emotional/spirit maturing, or Jean is separated from the Phoenix; I don't see that happening.

Dflash29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dflash29

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By XsPectre28

the answer is 2..... go back & read people BOOM

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By ReVamp

2. The relationship happened because of Jean.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By John Valentine

Someone's a little late to the party.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think jean nugged scott to be with emma thats why they've been dating for so long and not married..xoxo....lol

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24  Edited By lorex
@Mr Marvel82 said:

@Mercy_ said:

A few issues later in New X-men, when Jean dies in Scott's arms she (or rather, the Phoenix) tells him to "Live." Here Comes tomorrow shows us a future where Scott didn't "Live." He didn't commit to Emma or the X-men, and gave up after Jean died. At the end of the story, Jean fixes this reality, by 'watering it with her heart's blood' or something of that effect. It's at that moment that Jean takes away the guilt/ restraint that Scott felt for his relationship with Emma. And he "Lives" on, allowing himself to fall in love with Emma and continue his work with the X-men.

I'm not sure that Jean was completely over Scott. But for her to fulfill her purpose as Phoenix, she needed to let him go. (I think that's why the Phoenix comes back in Endsong... Some part of it/Jean wasn't able to let go completely.)

I personally would like to see them get back together (because I'm a sentimental softy *ahem*) But unless Scott does some serious emotional/spirit maturing, or Jean is separated from the Phoenix; I don't see that happening.

I seem to recall their marriage had not ended when she died but it was on the rocks and Scott and Emma were in the flirting stage (both in the real world and telepathically) of a new relationship. 
Also I do not think Scott needs "serious emotional/spirit maturing". Jean was his for lack of a better term his highschool sweatheart, they had the story book romance, got married and all that. 
Over time they changed. Scott had more and more responsibility thrust upon him, Jean had to deal with the Phoenix force in her life and they drifted apart. No one really knows what would have 
happened between them because she died and Scott moved on, maybe rebounded with Emma.
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Whisper_

This thread again? Really?

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Who cares lol

jk

Nah she nudged him to be with emma jean is so nice

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@_Whisper_ said:

This thread again? Really?

U Mad?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Mercy_

@god_spawn:

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#29  Edited By TDK_1997

I choose 3.And I seriously don't want Jean Grey back from the dead.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By oraclefyre

This could be debated for forever, but I think they're people who made mistakes and are dealing with it and moving on. Scott realised Jean didn't love him the same way any more which made him seek talk to Emma, Emma initiated the affair but Scott didn't stop it. That "nudge" did push them together though to make them happy and but they created their own love.

They're just dealing with how they've handle their lives.

I'm just so over how Emma gets so insecure about Jean. Even her fans do the same. And vice versa for the Jean fans.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@TDK_1997: Why dont you want her to come back tell me

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#32  Edited By TDK_1997

@oviouslyjeangrey:Because she is one of the most annoying characters and she is my most hated character ever.I never liked her and I nerver will.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Osian2

Before Jean died Emma and Scott were only really in the flirting stage I don't remember them actually connecting emotionally and definitely no signs of love fron Scott. People say Jean nudged him to be with Emma but it must of been more like a big push to make him go from leaving the school, the x-men (his family) and mourning his wife to going straight into a relationship with Emma.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#34  Edited By Trodorne

Okay, Here is the thing. I love redheads. I really do. But Jean was soooooo bad for scott. and even though she died in new x-men. if anyone recalls Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing when Scott confessed to Emma while they were under attack in a situation which they did not look like they were going to come out of alive. Scott told emma he loves her. thats it right there. done. let jean lay in the ground now and forever.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By oraclefyre

@Trodorne said:

Okay, Here is the thing. I love redheads. I really do. But Jean was soooooo bad for scott. and even though she died in new x-men. if anyone recalls Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing when Scott confessed to Emma while they were under attack in a situation which they did not look like they were going to come out of alive. Scott told emma he loves her. thats it right there. done. let jean lay in the ground now and forever.

True. But it kind of concerns me that Scott didn't "man up" so to speak and become the great leader he is today. It's like his character development depends on the woman his with, which I understand, I just don't like how it defines him. Though you can definitely see a power-shift between Scott and Emma, Joss made them equals but now Emma is firmly in girlfriend status--I don't mean that in a degrading manner, just that Scott's established himself as soul leader of the X-Men with the second-in-command varying.

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mr Marvel82

@lorex said:

@Mr Marvel82 said:

@Mercy_ said:

I seem to recall their marriage had not ended when she died but it was on the rocks and Scott and Emma were in the flirting stage (both in the real world and telepathically) of a new relationship. Also I do not think Scott needs "serious emotional/spirit maturing". Jean was his for lack of a better term his highschool sweatheart, they had the story book romance, got married and all that. Over time they changed. Scott had more and more responsibility thrust upon him, Jean had to deal with the Phoenix force in her life and they drifted apart. No one really knows what would have happened between them because she died and Scott moved on, maybe rebounded with Emma.

So that comment about Scott's emotional and spiritual maturing... It' looks like the writers of AvsX are doing just that. Jean and Scott's relationship began to have problems when Jean started manifesting the Phoenix somewhere between the Operation Zero Tolerance arc and the Apocalypse: the 12 arcs. Scott became uncomfortable with what his wife was becoming (see New X-men- the fight with Cassandra Nova. She brings out this insecurity to take him down.) This discomfort, mixed with the exorcism of Apocalyse's essence (by Jean w/ Phoenix potential) created the perfect wedge for Emma to make her move on Scott. IIRC, that same discomfort caused Scott to take a vow of celibacy.

Now that Scott has the Phoenix, he's experiencing the highs Jean felt and is at a power level near hers. He's having to deal with keeping his ideals in perspective, ruling Utopia, and having the new-found powers of a god. (Spiritual/ Emotional growth)

Though I'm confident that he won't stay Phoenix past the AvsX storyline, at least now if/when Jean returns he will have an understanding of what she was when she was last with the x-men. And if they wanted to rekindle their relationship, he wouldn't have to piss his pants every time she manifests the raptor.

To say that Emma and Scott were in the flirting stage before Jean died, would be to say the Scott made reciprocal advances towards Emma. He didn't. He rejected her for most of the advancements she made, due to his obligation to his wife. The one time he slipped, was when Jean caught the two together in Emma's mind. Emma confessed that she was turned on by Scott's resilience, especially knowing that he wasn't getting any from his wife. Over time she came to love him, and as said by another poster, he has confessed to love her many times after the events of Here comes Tomorrow.

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mr Marvel82

@oraclefyre said:

It's like his character development depends on the woman his with, which I understand, I just don't like how it defines him. Though you can definitely see a power-shift between Scott and Emma, Joss made them equals but now Emma is firmly in girlfriend status--I don't mean that in a degrading manner, just that Scott's established himself as soul leader of the X-Men with the second-in-command varying.

That's really interesting. I'd made mental note of how Scott's leadership changes from time to time, but never related it to his leading lady. Nice!

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually jean pushed him to go on

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

It sure sucks to be in a relationship with someone that can read minds and he is stuck in a triangle with two of them. This is why wolverine deserves to be blasted as many times as Zorak from space ghost when he gives Cyclops grief. Does Emma know about Madelyne Pryor?

Wait I forgot he was xavior student so his mind was read then too. This guy has no privacy. Does the pheonix force likes him too? I just want to keep count.

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost sure when Cyclops was talking to Emma in the issue when Jean dies, and he tells her he made his decission, he's going to tell her that he choses Emma. That's at least what I thought with the way he approached Emma on that scene.

The part everybody is refering to, comes after the events following that. Cyclops may have chosen Emma, but he just saw Jean dying, which would affect him emotionally, so he is depressed and wants to quit the X-Men and forgets everything. The way I see it, Jean pushes him to get over that depression, stick with the X-Men and follow his initial choice of Emma. If his initial choice was Jean, it would made zero sense to go with Emma, Jean only needed to make him get over the depression to lead the X-Men, if he chose Jean it wouldn't start a relationship with the woman with whom he almost broke his relationship with his "chosen one", so I really think before Jean's death, he already decided he wanted to be with Emma.

And no matter the choice, Emma has been much better for Scott's character development than Mary Sue Jean Grey. Cyclops is a much better character and his relationship with Emma is my favorite in comics. I hope Bendis puts them back together soon. And by soon I mean NOW! (and with NOW! I mean before Marvel NOW! ends).

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lokheit

@hazlenaut said:

It sure sucks to be in a relationship with someone that can read minds and he is stuck in a triangle with two of them. This is why wolverine deserves to be blasted as many times as Zorak from space ghost when he gives Cyclops grief. Does Emma know about Madelyne Pryor?

Wait I forgot he was xavior student so his mind was read then too. This guy has no privacy. Does the pheonix force likes him too? I just want to keep count.

Cyclops was taught to keep information he didn't want to reveal in a special place on his mind. Being around so many telepaths, he has been trained to resist them.

And btw, the Phoenix loves him too because it feeds on the energy from his beams. This was revealed during Phoenix Endsong.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combo of 2 and 3?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lokheit said:

I'm almost sure when Cyclops was talking to Emma in the issue when Jean dies, and he tells her he made his decission, he's going to tell her that he choses Emma. That's at least what I thought with the way he approached Emma on that scene.

The part everybody is refering to, comes after the events following that. Cyclops may have chosen Emma, but he just saw Jean dying, which would affect him emotionally, so he is depressed and wants to quit the X-Men and forgets everything. The way I see it, Jean pushes him to get over that depression, stick with the X-Men and follow his initial choice of Emma. If his initial choice was Jean, it would made zero sense to go with Emma, Jean only needed to make him get over the depression to lead the X-Men, if he chose Jean it wouldn't start a relationship with the woman with whom he almost broke his relationship with his "chosen one", so I really think before Jean's death, he already decided he wanted to be with Emma.

And no matter the choice, Emma has been much better for Scott's character development than Mary Sue Jean Grey. Cyclops is a much better character and his relationship with Emma is my favorite in comics. I hope Bendis puts them back together soon. And by soon I mean NOW! (and with NOW! I mean before Marvel NOW! ends).

Nope its more fun to keep them apart now(at least thats what bendis would think). Anyways I wouldnt mind if they didnt get back together until the end of 2014 after the o5 leave. Also i think xorn/jean told emma that scott wouldnt be her's if their was a young jean hanging around like in wolverine and the x-men 36(battle of the atom number 5)

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

@lokheit:

Great the Phoenix Force like him for literally eye candy. Now we know if either of them give him the bird it will be taken as an opening.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_marvel82 said:

@lorex said:

@Mr Marvel82 said:

@Mercy_ said:

I seem to recall their marriage had not ended when she died but it was on the rocks and Scott and Emma were in the flirting stage (both in the real world and telepathically) of a new relationship. Also I do not think Scott needs "serious emotional/spirit maturing". Jean was his for lack of a better term his highschool sweatheart, they had the story book romance, got married and all that. Over time they changed. Scott had more and more responsibility thrust upon him, Jean had to deal with the Phoenix force in her life and they drifted apart. No one really knows what would have happened between them because she died and Scott moved on, maybe rebounded with Emma.

So that comment about Scott's emotional and spiritual maturing... It' looks like the writers of AvsX are doing just that. Jean and Scott's relationship began to have problems when Jean started manifesting the Phoenix somewhere between the Operation Zero Tolerance arc and the Apocalypse: the 12 arcs. Scott became uncomfortable with what his wife was becoming (see New X-men- the fight with Cassandra Nova. She brings out this insecurity to take him down.) This discomfort, mixed with the exorcism of Apocalyse's essence (by Jean w/ Phoenix potential) created the perfect wedge for Emma to make her move on Scott. IIRC, that same discomfort caused Scott to take a vow of celibacy.

Now that Scott has the Phoenix, he's experiencing the highs Jean felt and is at a power level near hers. He's having to deal with keeping his ideals in perspective, ruling Utopia, and having the new-found powers of a god. (Spiritual/ Emotional growth)

Though I'm confident that he won't stay Phoenix past the AvsX storyline, at least now if/when Jean returns he will have an understanding of what she was when she was last with the x-men. And if they wanted to rekindle their relationship, he wouldn't have to piss his pants every time she manifests the raptor.

To say that Emma and Scott were in the flirting stage before Jean died, would be to say the Scott made reciprocal advances towards Emma. He didn't. He rejected her for most of the advancements she made, due to his obligation to his wife. The one time he slipped, was when Jean caught the two together in Emma's mind. Emma confessed that she was turned on by Scott's resilience, especially knowing that he wasn't getting any from his wife. Over time she came to love him, and as said by another poster, he has confessed to love her many times after the events of Here comes Tomorrow.

In a new x-men(i have the whole collection) scott slipped three times, so as painfully as it is to admit this, it was an affair. If it happened once maybe it could be written off as a 'mistake', but if it keeps on happening then it something more. And this is coming from an jean/scott fan. I really want them back together. also its true that scott needs to mature more, heck even in new x-men wolverine tells jean(while they are dying on asteroid M) that "scott has alot of growing up to do and that he/scott still loves her

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think scott would have chosen jean in the end

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half of me says 2 and the other half says 3...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think scott would have chosen jean in the end

QFT

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He fell in love witH Emma. It is in tHe comics Cyke says You don't understand Emma I am in love witH you now.

THe naysayers are Jean Grey fans like Mary Jane Haters are Gwen Stacy fans.

-ABstract4$$#073-