Should Cyborg be in the Justice League movie or a Teen Titans movie?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

Poll Should Cyborg be in the Justice League movie or a Teen Titans movie? (43 votes)

Justice League 40%
Teen Titans 51%
Unsure 5%
I just want to see the results 5%

With the recent news that Wonder Woman being confirmed for the Superman/Batman movie, there has been a lot of speculation about what other DC heroes might appear (possibly as cameos) as the DC Cinematic Universe is beginning to expand. That brings us to the topic of Cyborg. David S. Goyer said that he was referenced in MOS via STAR Labs, thus possibly hinting that he might appear in the Justice League movie.

To be honest, I'm really torn on the possibility of this happening. I am happy that an African American hero is receiving such a huge push from DC, but I have been less than impressed with how Geoff Johns has been handling this character throughout his run on Justice League. As some of you might have seen from my previous posts on Vic's forum, he has received little development throughout the span of the series, despite Johns big talk about him and on top of that, he happens to be pretty bland and boring personality wise. Although I have noticed that Cyborg is a much more interesting character outside of comics such as in Injustice or the original Teen Titans cartoon, so there is hope that he will be fun to watch if he is in the film. But personally, I'd like it much more if Cyborg was in a Teen Titans film instead because not only do I feel like he feels in place on that team but it's also because general audiences see him as a Titan due to projects such as the original Teen Titans cartoon, Injustice (before you try to correct me, Cyborg says numerous times throughout the story that he's a Titan), and Teen Titans Go! So I personally believe that letting him be in a Titans movie would be very beneficial to him.

But what do you think? Would you rather see Cyborg in a JLA movie or in a Teen Titans movie?

• 
Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

I see no reason why he can't be in both. Introduce him in Justice League and then bump him over to Teen Titans because of his age.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Black_Claw

@raggedscarecrow: or it could be the other way around. He could debut in a TT movie and then go on to the league once he's older.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonSmith

Teen Titans. Give his spot back to who it rightfully belongs in a Justice League movie: Martian Manhunter.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: True. And as I've said before, most of the GA know him as a Titan so if they put him in the JL movie that's likely gonna earn a huge WTF reaction from the public.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'd like to see him at least in a cameo in JLA, but don't have him be Cyborg till TT.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

Justice League. The logic for putting him on the JL—he's a very modern character who will also add a new thematic aspect to the team—still stands, and he's certainly a deserving character with plenty of fan support. Just because they've failed to support his founder status in the comics (e.g., only founder without a solo series, frequently in the background without lines, never seems to contribute in ways other members couldn't), doesn't mean they can't support him properly in the films.

I see no reason why he can't be in both. Introduce him in Justice League and then bump him over to Teen Titans because of his age.

I like this idea. In fact, it's the perfect way to launch the Teen Titans film franchise. You include Cyborg in the films, then pair him up with a Robin and spin that off where he's mentoring younger characters. The dynamic could be just like Johns well-remembered run on the book when it was an older Cyborg, Starfire, and Beast Boy mentoring younger Titans.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League. He has moved up to the big league why would any fan want to see him bumped back down

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Teen Titans, he's pointless in the Justice League.

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Titans. He's better that way, surrounded by his friends whom are practically his family. [Also I'm shallow and I really want to see his friendship with Donna]

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe have him cameo in the JLA movie with him being caught in an explosion and getting fixed but follow up on it in a Teen Titans movie. I get that he's in the JLA now since the reboot but he's not known for being in the JLA by the casual populace.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#11  Edited By Outside_85

Justice League. He has moved up to the big league why would any fan want to see him bumped back down

Because he's pretty much a nobody on the team while Johns has written it?

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL just to maintain consistency with what DC is doing.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@jonsmith said:

Teen Titans. Give his spot back to who it rightfully belongs in a Justice League movie: Martian Manhunter.

this

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

Same could be said about GL and Flash

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@grenadeflow said:

But unlike those two, Cyborg doesn't appear anywhere else.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@outside_85 said:

@grenadeflow said:

But unlike those two, Cyborg doesn't appear anywhere else.

Cyborg is getting an ongoing after they cancel Batwing just watch

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: I'll believe it when I see it. Dc has yet to cancel a Bat-book, even if BW has long been under the cancellation line and I believe people are clamoring more for a Shazam book.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im leaning more Teen Titans, because he is a tentpole of that team, not the JLA. If he joined the JLA, he'd only be really good for just hanging out at the Watchtower gathering and forwarding information.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Captain13

Cyborg has only been interesting on the Titans, so send him back there and bring John Stewart back to Justice League.

No Caption Provided

Cyborg will never be treated like an adult anyway. Just look at how Johns writes him in Justice League--as a kid who lost his junk with no personality.

Plus, in relation to his team mates (like Batman who will have an exo-suit), the villains (exo-suit Lex and Android Metallo), and other franchises coming out (Terminator, Robosop, Transformers), Cyborg just seems generic. Heck, there are Cyborgs in real life.

John is a more interesting and developed character and his abilities stand out among his team mates. He's also a better rep for people who look like us, if I do say so myself. He's intact, strong, brave, and sure of himself. He doesn't blindly follow orders. And he has cool friendships with Batman and Flash.

I'd say, make Flash and GL the audience perspective for Justice League, with a developing friendship between the two as the heart of it. John Stewart as the marine Green Lantern sent by the Guardians to evaluate the threat level of the three, and Barry Allen or Wally West as the rookie superhero used to playing farm leagues in Central City, who's in awe of the trinity.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should only be in the movie, if he fits with the story.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't find him as an interesting character so I don't want to see him in either movies if I have to be honest but if he would appear in one of them I would pick Teen Titans.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Black_Claw

@captain13: Those points you made about other tech based heroes, villains, and franchises are pretty good. And personally I believe Vixen would be a good fit for a JL movie since she has a unique power set compared to the rest of the league and is basically killing two birds with one stone (woman and a black person), thus bringing good diversity to the JL since I still think it's more likely that Hal will be the Lantern for the movie (though it would be epic if Idris Elba was John Stewart).

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans, I always felt he was a little out of place in the Justice League stories, and often times really boring and useless.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I prefer him being on the Justice League.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#25  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#26  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@war_killer: same, he just needs to be utilized better

He also needs his own series.

I doubt that's gonna happen at his point. Let's just be real, the only reason he was put on the league was so nobody could call DC racist. And for some reason, they think that simply having Cyborg on the league and nothing more automatically makes him on par with the rest of DC's heavy hitters.

CyborgFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow: Yes, he should be, he is so awesome. Best catchphrase ever 'Booyah!'

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There shouldn't be a teen titans movie, hell, Teen Titans should't even exist in this universe.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

There shouldn't be a teen titans movie, hell, Teen Titans should't even exist in this universe.

Why say that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

Why say that?

I just don't think it can work on the big screen. If they make it work, they have to change a lot

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans.

He just feels so out of place in every JL comic I read.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LaserLambert

HahahahahaHAHahahaha... Teen Titans movie, good one.

I said Justice League, because Martian Manhunter fans could use the antagonism.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pick Teen Titans, I knew Cy as a Titan first & I think he has a stronger team dynamic & bonds of friendship & family with his fellow Titans than the league (the titans always seemed like a more well balanced team to me than the league, & every bit as powerful & heroic despite being younger than them). Cy certainly deserves a spot in the Justice League, but without his rich history as a teen titan he's just not the same hero I used to enjoy, & again, the Titans are just as epic as the League, so its certainly NOT a downgrade for him to return to his original team. On the Titans he's their definitive science guy & a tough fighter to boot, but with the league he has to share the tech wizard/gadget man job with Batman (though of course one could also argue the league wouldn't need Bat's stealth & detective skills at all with Martian Manhunter around given his skill sets...but I'm getting off topic, & of course, Bats is too popular to be replaced even if he's always playing the loner).

I was first introduced to the titans by the cartoon series, & while I don't like the new TTGO series, I still love the original & enjoy all the personality & badass abilities & chances to shine Cyborg was given. I honestly think if the reboot was unavoidable, they should have taken aspects of the comic book titans & combined them with the new material from the cartoon series to update them for modern times while also staying true to Perez's & Wolfman's characters...But of course, DC decided to erase all traces of their history & scatter our fave titans across the DC universe >_<

Besides, Cyborg & many of his friends began their heroic careers as titans rather than as solo heroes, so making a movie about them & how they came together to form a team for the first time would be easier than making a justice league movie.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would want to see him in the Justice League, he is my favorite member of the team. Plus if he's on the league then he could get his own solo film series.

silver_archer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By silver_archer

@captainmarvel4ever: First off, bump. And second, it's been mentioned already, but I doubt he's getting his own film series. I mean if he doesn't have his own book STILL (as far as I've heard of), then that speaks for itself. Sorry but I just find him somewhat boring in contrast to the other JL founders, he'd fit just fine in a TT movie though (in my opinion)

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver_archer said:

@captainmarvel4ever: First off, bump. And second, it's been mentioned already, but I doubt he's getting his own film series. I mean if he doesn't have his own book STILL (as far as I've heard of), then yeah. I'd LOVE if he were in a TT movie. Sorry but I just find him somewhat boring in contrast to the other JL founders.

Scott Lang is getting a movie and he has NEVER had his own series.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump~

And for me, I'll say Cyborg may as well be Justice League. If only because I know they're going to throw the same, tired team together for a Titans movie. Now, if they were gonna do a Teen Titans movie, give us something different. A team like Static, Cyborg, Aquagirl, Bunker, Arsenal, and Solstice.

SuperDoahBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg has sat at the kids table long enough, he deserves to be on the League. His current book is a good read and it looks like they got big plans for him in the DCEU.