#1 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Found over on CBR Cyborg forum

POSTED BY: Ood Omega

My thoughts

  • This was/is so brutal and awesome. This is the most development Cy has gotten since his couple of Justice League debut issues. I'm willing to bet The Grid sticks around on Earth 0 even after Forever Evil is over.
  • Cy and Batman's relationship has grown considerably as well. He went from being Bats personal computer to having a somewhat bromance-- or at least it seems to me that Johns has attempted to develop a some kind of friend/partnership between the two.
  • What about his connection to mother boxes?
  • What about his connections to Apokolips?
  • So is the Grid now connected to Apokolips?
  • Who will be the Justice Leagues personal bus now? (lo)

your thoughts?

#2 Posted by RDClip (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts are, how the hell does Cyborg survive that? In a previous issue, they replaced his lungs with mechanical ones and since he can mentally interface with tech, that means he has impants in this brain. So when Grid rips all the tech out of Vic's body, wouldn't that kill him instantly no matter what kind of green bubble Lantern throws over him.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

something along the lines of this hopefully.

#4 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: The face plate is gone and I hope it stays gone. Just give him a cybernatic eye.

In the panels above, we can see that the only thing wrong with his face is a lil scaring and discoloration -- both of which can heal with time. He's missing an eyeball and an ear, which can simply be cybernetic as aforementioned. His hair can grow back as well.

The design from JL:Doom can work too. He looked cool there. But I don't like the bald head look. I know one thing for sure though, he shouldn't be bulky and mos def not bigger/buffer than Superman.

#5 Edited by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

I really, really hope so. They should get Kenneth Rocafort to do a riff on the the Jeremy Roberts design.

Why Rocafort? His sensibilities just make sense with mechanical characters, and I want him to draw a Cyborg book.

I just wonder about how this may affect his power set. I really hope he does more than just act as the team bus.

#6 Posted by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, that scene was just nightmare fuel. And as people have said, I hope the new design is kind of like the Jeremy Roberts or JL Doom one.

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

@avenging_x_bolt: The face plate is gone and I hope it stays gone. Just give him a cybernatic eye.

In the panels above, we can see that the only thing wrong with his face is a lil scaring and discoloration -- both of which can heal with time. He's missing an eyeball and an ear, which can simply be cybernetic as aforementioned. His hair can grow back as well.

The design from JL:Doom can work too. He looked cool there. But I don't like the bald head look. I know one thing for sure though, he shouldn't be bulky and mos def not bigger/buffer than Superman.

They could probably do a variation of the JL: Doom look with the modifications you mentioned.

#8 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

This was crap and I'm still pissed. This wouldn't have happened to any other Founding JLer.

And most important it reveals Cyborg is 90% cybernetics. I've gone into length about what his human to robotic ratio should be and what human parts he should have. This gets rid of all the mystery and its crap.

If Cyborg ever gets used in a movie I hope the just screw the Jim Lee design and use some of the fan designs on the Internet

#9 Posted by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: You and me both. That Jeremy Roberts design could really do Cyborg some justice in a film.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

This was crap and I'm still pissed. This wouldn't have happened to any other Founding JLer.

And most important it reveals Cyborg is 90% cybernetics. I've gone into length about what his human to robotic ratio should be and what human parts he should have. This gets rid of all the mystery and its crap.

If Cyborg ever gets used in a movie I hope the just screw the Jim Lee design and use some of the fan designs on the Internet

im a bit confused, which part wouldn't have happened?

#11 Posted by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: He's talking about how the Grid ripped off most of Cyborg cybernetics in the climax to Trinity War, in other words he's saying that he highly doubts any of the other heroes would've gotten brutalized like that.

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: He's talking about how the Grid ripped off most of Cyborg cybernetics in the climax to Trinity War, in other words he's saying that he highly doubts any of the other heroes would've gotten brutalized like that.

haven't they all been brutalized like that? Superman was beaten to death, Batman had his back broken, Aquaman had his hand eaten. Martian Manhunter was burned alive.

#13 Edited by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: You and me both. That Jeremy Roberts design could really do Cyborg some justice in a film.

+1.

#14 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8770 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

My thoughts are, how the hell does Cyborg survive that? In a previous issue, they replaced his lungs with mechanical ones and since he can mentally interface with tech, that means he has impants in this brain. So when Grid rips all the tech out of Vic's body, wouldn't that kill him instantly no matter what kind of green bubble Lantern throws over him.

Baz save his life!!! Baz already do impressive things before,he could cure a coma guy....there isn't impossibility there.

#15 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

something along the lines of this hopefully.

I like this design.

#16 Posted by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: What I'm wondering now is how they are gonna fix up Cyborg after what happened since those Cybernetics were initially meant to save his life when Darkseid showed up.

#17 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: What I'm wondering now is how they are gonna fix up Cyborg after what happened since those Cybernetics were initially meant to save his life when Darkseid showed up.

Maybe Zatanna teleports everyone to Star Labs?

#18 Posted by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: That would be a reasonable explanation. Do you think that Cy is finally gonna get his own book after Forever Evil is over?

#19 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: I hope so--with Johns writing at first... Or hopefully some back up pages.

#20 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8770 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by kasino (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

still no penis

#22 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: Barry Allen was killed by the Anti-Monitor, Wonder Woman has died countless times, Hal Jordan died and was brought back as the Spectre for awhile.

#23 Posted by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasino: You sure about that? Because when Grid detached itself it was revealed Victor still had some skin under that metal. He could still be able to get laid. Lol

#24 Edited by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasino said:

still no penis

Right? How are you gonnna neuter the man? WTF.

Someone seems to be afraid of or insecure about Cyborg's natural, primal sexuality.

Ladies Love Them Some Victor Stone

It's not like he's going to steal Wonder Woman away from Superman. -_-

#25 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasino: You sure about that? Because when Grid detached itself it was revealed Victor still had some skin under that metal. He could still be able to get laid. Lol

Unfortunately other panels show that all he has is 75% of a head, a neck, shoulders, pecs, and upper arms. He has nothing below his rib cage. The panels I'm referencing are these ones:

#26 Edited by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: Well they could always make an artificial appendage for him via nanotechnology right?......................Ok, I'll stop now.

#27 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: Well they could always make an artificial appendage for him via nanotechnology right?......................Ok, I'll stop now.

0_o

#28 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

@captain13: Well they could always make an artificial appendage for him via nanotechnology right?......................Ok, I'll stop now.

0_o

0_O

#29 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully he gets human proportions again.

#30 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: I vaguely remember that...where was that from again?

#31 Edited by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: I would love it if that were his new design.

#32 Edited by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: Well they could always make an artificial appendage for him via nanotechnology right?......................Ok, I'll stop now.

could you just imagine that?

Girl-"Oh Vic baby mmmm......what the crap!? What have you been eating? your dick tastes like quarters"!!!!!

#34 Edited by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be great if they finally developed his character a bit. Maybe gave him a solo title. You know, something deserving of the JLA founder status they promoted him to.

I still prefer combat/non-combat modes with more and less armor respectively, but I'd settle for a streamlined design.

#36 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

It'd be great if they finally developed his character a bit. Maybe gave him a solo title. You know, something deserving of the JLA founder status they promoted him to.

I still prefer combat/non-combat modes with more and less armor respectively, but I'd settle for a streamlined design.

I really want a streamlined design. And making it modular allows you to sell more toys like armors, jet packs, cannons, energy weapons, cycles, submarine/underwater extensions, etc. It's low hanging fruit that DC isn't taking advantage of because they don't seem to see the character's potential outside of a diversity hire. It's like how the treat Wonder Woman. They don't really care about broadening the demographic so long as they won't be called racist/sexist/homophobic. They aren't even giving Cyborg a real push in terms of necessary development or page time, which is nothing but a real shame.