Justice League War different take on Cyborg?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

here are some of the comic vine videos for New York Comic Con courtesy of G-man and the comicvine staff

Jay's favorite scene is the Cyborg creation scene which they changed from the comics to tie closer into Darkseid and Apokolips

Andrea Romano, says Shemar Moore did a great job as Cyborg and really stole the show with his energy and performance, and looks like he will be working a lot with DC animation in the future because he did such a good job.

James Tucker- the first time Cyborg's origin is ever captured on film. Jumpstarting the Justice League franchise again. Will not be following the comics, the animation will go off in its own direction. Personal favorite moment is Cyborg's creation. He describes Cyborg as a real badass character.

Fingers crossed this works out well.

No Caption Provided

Looks like his still going to be rolling with the heavily armored/robotic design from the comics. Not exactly the same but close enough.

Will continue to update with more info.

I don't have a lot of faith in the comics doing much with Cyborg but it will be huge if he is handled well in animation and DC Animation is the best in the business.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain13

Hopefully he is written well because his design in that image looks bad. Look at the massive forehead bulb, boxy shoulder pads, weird armor, and weird cannon, lol.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Captain13

By opening themselves to so many changes they may just be doing change for change's sake which could lead to lot's of bad changes. When I saw the ice cream and Batman intro clips, I thought they made those scenes worse... Hopefully the whole product comes together better...

Shazam shouldn't be in this movie. Period. If Cyborg needs a friend, it should be Flash or GL or Superman.

Hopefully Shemar Moore lives up to the hype because Khary Payton is a really great Cyborg.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

Well at least his design isn't as hideous as the one from the comics. But what ultimately matters is the writing.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I don't get the complaints about New 52 Cyborg's looks. I actually like. Make him look more robotic and the metal parts of him less like tights. I have always thought that it looked like Cy had tights on instead of actual robotic look pieces in his body.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Captain13

@crazyscarecrow said:

I don't get the complaints about New 52 Cyborg's looks. I actually like. Make him look more robotic and the metal parts of him less like tights. I have always thought that it looked like Cy had tights on instead of actual robotic look pieces in his body.

Where do we even begin?

• Advanced technology is sleek and compact, not hulking and monstrous looking or like something from a 1980s computer shop
  • His name is Cyborg not Robot, so why is he 95% machine?
  • Why is he bigger than Superman when he is not stronger than Superman? They are deliberately trying to make the Black representative look like a monstrous behemoth.
  • He's basically what an older non-Black person thinks their inhuman black robot friend should look like rather than looking like what a Black kid wants to grow up into. He's Chewbacca rather Lando. That's one of the biggest differences between him and popular Black heroes like John Stewart, Miles Morales, and Static. If Superman can be an alien without looking like a freak or Aquaman can be a merman without fish legs, then why should Cyborg look like a freak--especially when he is supposed to represent Blacks? And all the white cyborgs still look handsome like that guy in Deus Ex Machina or Tony Stark or the Metal Gear people. Sorry, but WTF. A leading male is supposed to be handsome. If you make any other DC hero look ugly, people get pissed.
  • Why did he lose his sex appendages?
  • His design basically takes away all wish fulfillment. Sure you may think he's a cool friend for your favorite White hero or whatever but no one actually wants to BE him.
  • His costume looks so different from the rest of his team mates that it looks like he doesn't belong.
  • Geoff Johns just turned him into Robocop. Real original.
Loading Video...

If I had my say, he'd look like one of these:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You may not agree, but I gave you lots of reasons.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black_Claw

@crazyscarecrow: One of the reasons why we hate Cybords current design is that it just seems way to clunky for modern day standards when the technology of today is usually sleek and smooth.

Another reason is that it just really doesn't seem right for all of Cyborg's white team mates to be good looking while he's the only one that's stuck looking like a hideous monster (and the fact that most of the media of the past depicted black people as monsters doesn't help).

Personally I would have loved it if they would've gone with a design similar to Jeremy Roberts.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what you see on the cover won't be exactly how the animation turns out to be.

DC animation is the best in the biz and typically does a good job. Usually Animation is better than the comics they seem to give characters a fair shake.

I'm optimistic they seem to be doing the creation seem slightly differently just like I wanted them too. I'll wait and see how the design turns out probably won't be the ideal look I want. Fingers crossed DC animation is makes him at lest 50 to 60% human and not all robot, that has been my biggest issue is that the New 52 has him as just a brain and heart surrounded by cybernetics.

As for the story I hope its better than the original arc. I don't mind Shazam replacing Aquaman if they tie him organically into the plot. I mean the main plot for the comic arc is an alien invasion heroes which forces heroes to come together in order to stop it as well as Cyborg's new origin. This isn't a deep story by any stretch (nor is any JL origin really). Outside of Cyborg I'm not sure anyone is super essential. This was written as a Batman meets Green Lantern story than Superman and Flash get thrown into the fire in true action comic fashion. After that Wonder Woman and Aquaman just happen to join the group because they have to be on the team it's not like they add much to the comic arc outside of action scenes. And than of course you have Cyborg's new origin and he is the plot device that saves the dad all rolled into one.

But I like that they don't seem to be strictly following the comics and after this film DC animation will be going off in its own direction like the DCAU did. DC animation tends to be better in the comics imo, just look at their track record. We know a bunch of other films are coming but we may be getting a new Justice League cartoon as well.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: At their panel, they said no new justice league show is coming out. I watch the nycc live stream. Dwayne McDuffie and Bruce Timm are gone, and since he left 'i haven't enjoyed anything other than their Batman films. I have no hope but want to be wrong.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: to each their own. James Tucker is still there and people don't give him enough respect on the work he did with the Justice League show. Along with McDuffie he was the one that really helped get John Stewart over Hal Jordan and has been an integral part at DC animaiton for years. As long as James Tucker and Andrea Romano are there I have some level of comfort, they are both vets who do good work. Also the last couple of movies have been adaptations. If you didn't like the original works you probably won't like the movies.

Only DC animation movie I really didn't like was Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse wasnt' that good either. JL Flashpoint: Paradox was truthful to the tone of the story. It's just seeing it animated instead of on the page amplified how dark a story it was. Also the end went a little overboard for me with everyone dying and the gore. Still it was keeping with the tone of Flashpoint, which isn't really a good stand alone story imo.

If you didn't like the first Justice League arc you probably won't like this film, although it sounds like it will be better than the first arc its still going to be faithful to it. The stories simple with some actions. I don't have high expectations but this sounds like it will be enjoyable. Don't go in expecting this to be like Bruce Timms work. They've said repeatedly they actively tried to make it different. I like most of Bruce Timm's series, but I'm also for new things. Justice League Doom capped of the last of the Bruce Timm/ McDuffie Justice League for me.

Could be bad could be good crossing my fingers and going in with realistic expectations. I just want good animation and fight scenes. Also it would be nice if they fixed Cyborg's origin, I've had some issues with it since I read issue #6

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SUNMAN

well looks good so far.

Loading Video...

Cyborg's origin already seems slightly different from this trailer. I think it will be an improvement.

I'll wait for the movie to come out before I critique his design. It's not as huge as Jim Lee's more Ivan Reis. It seems fine. I just hope he's more human than he is in the comics

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@crazyscarecrow: One of the reasons why we hate Cybords current design is that it just seems way to clunky for modern day standards when the technology of today is usually sleek and smooth.

Another reason is that it just really doesn't seem right for all of Cyborg's white team mates to be good looking while he's the only one that's stuck looking like a hideous monster (and the fact that most of the media of the past depicted black people as monsters doesn't help).

Personally I would have loved it if they would've gone with a design similar to Jeremy Roberts.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: Well usually Cyborg is a more interesting character whenever he appears outside of the comics, so I think you wish might be granted. Lol.