Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that the introductions are out of the way, here are the four solicited covers to help inspire you.  You can see the 'evolution' of the characters with four chosen outfits.  Four is a lot to ask for, but if you feel up to the challenge then please try it!  Otherwise, a minimum of two poses & outfits is required; they can be any old appearance, plus your take on what the character looks like now.  Only one entry per person, so don't just pick any old character... make sure it's someone you know & love!

Aside from these four, any Marvel mutant is up for grabs whether they've been an X-Man (or X-Woman) or not.  Hero or villain, powered or de-powered.  Here's a chance to create an 'Evolution' fashion parade for your favourite mutant!  Or if you just want to have your 2¢ on these upcoming variants, then have a look at the blog:   What Do you Think... About The 'X-Men Evolutions' Variant Covers?

The Prize 

This is the issue in question: (Uncanny) X-Men #114.  There are a lot of creases in the covers and the paper is soft to the touch, like paper money that's been in circulation for a few years.  However, the print quality is absolutely pristine.  I've compared both copies and they're identical.  And if anyone isn't sure about the large price tag for 12p on the cover, then please check out my blog on  When British Comic Books Were Really American Comic Books .

Deadline

Here's the World Clock.  GMT is Greenwich Mean Time, which is 5 hours ahead of East Coast America & 8 hours ahead of West Coast.  After that, my geography stinks, so you'll need to use the World Clock to figure out what time 17:00 GMT is for you ;)  should everything go according to plan (if there aren't any power cuts or random 'acts of god') then voting will be posted soon after. 

Frequently/Previously Asked Questions 

• How do we submit the drawing?   Where do I send my submission? 
This Contest will follow the basis of the usual competitions in the Artist Show-Off Forum.  You'll need to upload your image to your Gallery & then post that image in a comment below (in this thread).  When you 'insert' the image, select large.   I'll then find it in your 'Images' tab from your profile & download it for later. 

• US residents only I'm guessing?   
Not at all!  I'm in England, and am willing to ship the comic anywhere, world wide.  Yep... Anywhere!  I'll take it to the Post Office & then let Royal Mail do all the hard work.

• Can the costumes be from alternate realities??  
Sorry, but no.  The contest is about showing the 'evolution' of a character.  To do that, you must focus on their Earth-616 mainstream Marvel Universe appearances.  Therefore alternate realities aren't accepted. 

• Do we draw one "real" outfit, and then three ones we make up?  Or four real outfits? 
Official outfits only.  If an outfit has appeared in the comics, then it is allowable.  There will be 'design your own version' style contests in future.  For now, stick with 2 to 4 different outfits that have been published & show the 'evolution' of your chosen character. 

• I want dibs on...  
Sorry, no 'dibs'.  If someone draws the evolution of Warpath, then someone else will also be able to make an entry featuring Warpath.  All mutants are free to use except for those in the official covers (see the examples above). 

Feel free to ask if you have any questions... and good luck!!     
#1 Posted by G-Man (33964 posts) - - Show Bio

Moved from here. This is pretty dang cool. Good luck everyone!

Staff
#2 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Oh my God I'm soooo intrigued. And the contest looks cool too :) 
What a great idea on this one kitty, and and oh so tempting prize. You are a crafty one when you wanna see something get done.
#3 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

That pretty cool good luck to the participants.

#4 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a cool contest. Too bad I am no artist but I know great ones on this site. So, I am excited to see who wins. 

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes: You can use any medium, so stick figures count too... !  ;)
#6 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13129 posts) - - Show Bio

i want it soooooo baaaaad........but i cant draw!!!!!!1 WHY GOD.............WHY!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? 

oh wait...... ialready have those ones. silly me
#7 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I am starting now!

#8 Posted by GalactaSurfer (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds fun. Lets see if I can dust off some of these art skills

#9 Posted by HaHaManHV (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this is the kick in the nads I've needed to finally try to draw something for this site!

#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone needs to do Psylocke....but there might just be too many for a cover.
#11 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great XK! :D

#12 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2244 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this is such a cool contest! And Kitty you're really pretty in person! I'm starting on my entry now! And Kitty please tell me how you got that huge poster of Marko's X-Men piece? I WANT!

#14 Posted by IIayK (468 posts) - - Show Bio
 Kitty the Beauty =*
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comiclove5: @HaHaManHV: Wow, good luck!! XD 

@PrinceIMC said:

" Someone needs to do Psylocke....but there might just be too many for a cover. "

Ah, but that's part of the fun.  You get to choose which outfits that you think best demonstrate the evolution of you chosen characters... Betsy could have Captain Britain, British body Psylocke, Asian body swimsuit wearing Psylocke, Exiles outfit, etc... Or just two that best describe how far she's come as a character (and she's probably one of the easiest to show that ;) 

@ArtisticNeedham: That's so funny!  :) 

@Babs: I don't know how you make videos for a living! I kept tripping up over my words.  It took me about an hour before I realised I could do it in little instalments instead of one take!  You're so brave to do this every day! 

@Baddamdog: Thank you :)  And I stalked eBay for a very long time.  It was my Pay Day treat to myself last month... and I absolutely hate it!  It's so large that it falls down (one lost take shows Dazzler fall down from the top corner) and because it's printed on a durable flexible plastic it absolutely stinks to high heaven!  I keep it rolled up in the original sleeve to prevent the smell from stinking me out of house & home! 

@IIayK: T hank you!  But it's such a poor camera that you can't see all the peroxide burnt out split ends ;) 

@tonis:
 If this works out, then I have a couple more ideas in the back of my head.  So wish everyone luck for me!  
#16 Posted by Darkmount1 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in.  I may do a photoshopped thing.....since artistic talent and quality I do lack.  But...this will be done with toys!
#17 Posted by Xyberius13 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be an amazing contest

I would love to be able to see the entries people submit.

#18 Posted by xkoenig (394 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Hi XK - your avatar has the same initials as my real name. Odd! Are you from the Midlands by any chance?
#19 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one trying to find a character who looks exactly the same as when they first came out?

#20 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

To celebrate this contest I'm going to take of my pants and have a nap.

#21 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: that's a pretty cool idea you've come up with  
#22 Posted by comicbikerscott (152 posts) - - Show Bio

i love them all
#23 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

So thats what you sound/look like.
#24 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  The XeroxKitty has appeared. You actually took my idea. I was going to create an Artist Show-Off Showdown-style contest this week with the exact same idea and rules.
Except yours is better. We get to see your lovely face and the winner will get a prize!

(You did good... so kudos!)
#25 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I was good a drawing... :(
#26 Edited by pikahyper (12127 posts) - - Show Bio

aww the kitty is so pretty :)

#27 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

I might give it a shot! Hmm.. . Namor is mine!!! DIBZ!!!!

#28 Posted by DeathRow1997 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

wow just... wow
#29 Edited by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

wow cool prize  

also side note she is quite pretty haha

#30 Posted by veevibes (2 posts) - - Show Bio

How do we submit the drawing I will be using paper and pencil 

thanks!

#31 Posted by RETKHAN (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi 

Seems like a fun exercise (I wanna!)
..er, this might seem DUHmb but where do I send my submission? 

I       BLAME     THE     LOBOTOMY    

- - plus, I'm really new to this forum - - 

Thanx in advance for any help folks. 

Lovin-dropkicks! 
-Wil-
#32 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Tempting to enter... but I already have that issue in Essential X-Men Volume One. Nice competition idea though, Xerox-Kitty!

#33 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: O_o Is that the Djurdjevic poster in the background? 
#34 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @xerox-kitty: O_o Is that the Djurdjevic poster in the background?  "
It definitely is 
#35 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
It definitely is  "
I'm ridiculously jealous now. Goes to find and buy the poster.
#36 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
It definitely is  "
I'm ridiculously jealous now. Goes to find and buy the poster. "
Good luck, it was limited run when it came out months ago. 

It's probably worse for the Spider-Man one I wanted
#37 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
It definitely is  "
I'm ridiculously jealous now. Goes to find and buy the poster. "
Good luck, it was limited run when it came out months ago.  It's probably worse for the Spider-Man one I wanted "
>____________________________________<
#38 Posted by The Myth (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome comp idea, count me in!!!
#39 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone please do this....
#40 Posted by Big (330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex:
Lol, that was great :)
#41 Posted by leokearon (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

The landscape size kinda screws me, since I create Micro Heroes.
#42 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm debating if I should even try... 

How long do we have?
#43 Posted by SC (13105 posts) - - Show Bio

xerox-kitty!! Your accent, its amaaaazing. You have like a totally awesome radio voice. Like even better than Sage from Radio X!!! ^_^ 

This contest is so awesome, thank you for making it, and putting up a generous prize. I hope i find time to enter, but even then, I can't wait to see other peoples entires! Awh no Rogue though? *sulk*  I might go with the same characters I nominated in your other X-Men covers evolution thread... Xavier, Madrox, M, Beast... is it cheating to use Tabitha. Bwhahaha. Damn she would be too hard I think...  

Good luck everyone, and I hope you get to do more contests xerox-kitty. 

#44 Posted by SC (13105 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" I'm debating if I should even try...  How long do we have? "

14 days roughly. Monday the 14th of March! Then something about time zones, what ever that is....
#45 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@pikahyper said:
" aww the kitty is so pretty :) "
Suck up... lol

Her Tattoo is pretty cool.
#46 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

Dam if only i had artistic talent!, Cool idea thou Kitty respect.  Also its good hearing a non  attempted english accent on here for once lol.

#47 Posted by darkrider (450 posts) - - Show Bio

make more vid in your you tube channel
#48 Edited by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasgasmic said:

"Am I the only one trying to find a character who looks exactly the same as when they first came out? "

Even Cyclops has changed his clothes occasionally (although most of them were based on the blue body condom)... And Magneto has had a few fashion disasters (especially when he dressed as a portly White King o the Hellfire Club ;) 

You can pour through the galleries here on Comic Vine for a little fashionista inspiration ;)

RETKHAN said:

"..er, this might seem DUHmb but where do I send my submission? "

No question is a dumb question :) 

Welcome to Comic Vine!  The way to enter the competition is the same as with any contest in out Artist Show-Off forum; just post the entry as a reply here.  I know it wont be anonymous, but rest assured that our members really do vote based on talent :) 

If you're still unsure, please feel free to ask (either here int he thread or in a PM :)
#49 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

...damn shes cute....
 good luck everyone who's entering!

#50 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty neat idea.
US residents only I'm guessing?